Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: El Toro

(edited)

This show is just awful. I said I was going to stop watching after the terrible water episode, and I should have.

There were so many things wrong with the events in this episode. I'll just say that it's not necessary to clobber the viewer with how bad the baddie is. He has a scary name like El Toro, he'll kill his people for no reason, he'll dine on man's closest relative (when he is in a jungle apparently filled with chickens and is also next to a river), he lives in fine quarters while his people sleep on dirt, he's not just a pedophile - he like the youngest girl available, etc. We get it, already!

All these episodes in, and I cannot tell the two old white guys in charge apart, and it's confusing. I wish they would have cast them differently.

Can they get a boyfriend for poor Dr. Scientist? She has been on a ship without the touch of a man for 6 months and has 200 fellas to choose from. Get the icky creep away from her, and find her a nice fellow. The engineer could use one too.

I won't be watching if they use live monkeys in the next episode. Animals do not need to be exploited for entertainment in this day and age, especially for this awful show.

Edited by Shelby
(edited)

One stupid thing that bothered me were all the sick people standing around on shore. I thought this was a virulent disease that quickly wiped out populations. There shouldn't be any infected people standing around like lepers -- they'd be lying on the ground, either dead or nearly dead. Or is there supposed to be some other version of the disease that lingers for some unspecified amount of time?

It's like the current ebola outbreak -- experts say no one with the disease will make it on a plane, because they'd be far too sick to travel. And these people should be too sick to stand on shore and stare mournfully at the passing boat! They'd be in high fever, lying on the ground bleeding from various orifices.

Edited by Andromeda

I admit that The Last Ship is not realistic, but it's just a fun show at this point.  I think it is a Star Trek on the ocean type of show.  They are going to be meeting different people and going on away missions and fighting mean Russians and all that, and I'm okay with it.  The show is fine for what it is, which is simple summer entertainment.  I don't think it's meant to be realistic.

• Love 1