Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S02: Week 4: September 13, 2020-September 19, 2020

Recommended Posts

Crap. I forget there’s no odd one out. 
 

so Mackenzie is just never leaving? Ugh

What are the odds Connor chooses Moira and Aaron chooses to leave? 🙏🙏

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, Stan39 said:

Crap. I forget there’s no odd one out. 
 

so Mackenzie is just never leaving? Ugh

She’s  staying, but she will have to live with the indignity of being picked last.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

OMG, he did it.  I didn't think he had it in him.

Poor Aaron.   But very nice him to say nice things so I bet they get a few votes.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I love how the second Conner said "she makes me feel heard and understood" everyone there, including Mackenzie, was like oh, so it's Moira... cackling

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post

I know everybody hates Johnny, but his expressions were great from Connor picking Moira through Aaron picking Mackenzie. He had these bug eyes and held back a grin like, “Ok, what kind of volcano of emotions is this she-devil going to unleash now?”

4 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

OMG, he did it.  I didn't think he had it in him.

Poor Aaron.   But very nice him to say nice things so I bet they get a few votes.  

Yeah, even though they were pretty generic, and his voice dropped as he said “Mackenzie” like it hurt him to have to pick her. And I honestly think he’s the only one in the villa who still tolerates being around her, for now. Poor guy. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I voted for Kiersten and BSB as even though the new boys didn't look like much, I want her to have another chance, this time with a clear head aka Carrington is not your true love forever guy.   

Be interesting to see if any of these guys goes to Cely and be like "Johnny did some serious making out with Mercades" after the challenge was over with.   And under the covers.   

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I know everybody hates Johnny, but his expressions were great from Connor picking Moira through Aaron picking Mackenzie. He had these bug eyes and held back a grin like, “Ok, what kind of volcano of emotions is this she-devil going to unleash now?”

Yeah, even though they were pretty generic, and his voice dropped as he said “Mackenzie” like it hurt him to have to pick her. And I honestly think he’s the only one in the villa who still tolerates being around her, for now. Poor guy. 

Truth in advertising: I want to couple up with this girl because I don’t want to leave the villa and she’s the only one left.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if the three new guys have to agree to take Cely out on a date as I'd love that.

Reading twitter/Reddit with one eye, Voting is all over the place except for no one voting for Jalen/Sher so they'll probably be in the bottom.  After Justine/Caleb, the 2nd most popular couple is Aaron & Mackenzie.   

 

  • Surprise 5

Share this post


Link to post

I said it before and I’ll say it again, I loved Jalen’s reaction to Mackenzie expressing her “feelings” which was really just her badmouthing Jalen on national TV to paint him as the villain. Him not apologizing, not caring, and not fighting (which is what I think she was trying to do, egg him on to fight at her level.) 

Love how everybody was clearly just giving her the bare minimum to get out of conversations. Connor’s “you’re not alone, there are (other) people here who care about you” and Aaron’s “that’s nice” response to Mackenzie when she pretended to show interest in him. It doesn’t even look like the other housemates are hanging out with her anymore. I’m not even sure why she wants to stay there. 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

OMG I HATE Carrington.  I'm totally #teamCaleb and I agree with EVERYTHING Caleb says.  Please let Connor be a man and fight his own battles.  God!

And now Caleb says that HE'S the Chrissy Teigen to JUSTINE'S John Legend?  COULD I LOVE HIM ANYMORE??????

Guys please don't hate me but I think I'm in love with Connor 😳

So many C names.  Caleb Carrington Connor Calvin.  I'm shocked I'm keeping them straight.  And then Jalen Johnny.  (I already mixed up Mack and Moira earlier.)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Moira dressed up as Sandy from "Grease" for the recoupling ceremony.

I seriously have no idea who the fuck Faith is?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

I know everybody hates Johnny, but his expressions were great from Connor picking Moira through Aaron picking Mackenzie. He had these bug eyes and held back a grin like, “Ok, what kind of volcano of emotions is this she-devil going to unleash now?”

Yeah, even though they were pretty generic, and his voice dropped as he said “Mackenzie” like it hurt him to have to pick her. And I honestly think he’s the only one in the villa who still tolerates being around her, for now. Poor guy. 

I don't hate Johnny at ALL.  I always kinda liked Johnny.  BuuuuuuUuuutuuuuuuT he's handled himself kinda ...... oddly, let's say.  LOL.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

"I didn't want you to see me cry!" Yes, that's why you went all the way over to the end of the bar before "breaking down", right?? Jeez even Connor didn't fall for that one it was so obvious. Has there ever been a more blatant lie uttered?

I kind of liked Moira and Connor but I think it was mainly just that I loved seeing Mack up there alone and having to realize she's out of chances. I would of only said "Well that leaves us so come here and give me a hug I guess..." to her when forced to pick.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, CindyBee said:After Justine/Caleb, the 2nd most popular couple is Aaron & Mackenzie.   

 

How is that possible?!? I don’t even think Aaron would vote for Aaron and Mackenzie. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Is this the first recoupling without Arielle? I don't remember any from last season.

Presumably a producer was stage-managing it. 

Of course, Arielle is a minor factor in the show.

 

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

OMG I HATE Carrington.  I'm totally #teamCaleb and I agree with EVERYTHING Caleb says.  Please let Connor be a man and fight his own battles.  God!

Seriously. STFU Carrington. Also, this isn’t the bachelor.  Cutting into conversations is a different show. I wish Mac borrowed from Breakfast Club and said “ no, did I stutter?”

Edited by Refresh
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Refresh said:

Seriously. STFU Carrington. Also, this isn’t the bachelor.  Cutting into conversations is a different show. I wish Mac borrowed from Breakfast Club and said “ no, did I stutter?”

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm LOSING my mind laughing right now!  Carrington really pulled the "Can I steal you for a minute" on Connor!!!!!!  The move that women on The Bachelor use to steal the Bachelor away from other women!  I can't! 🤣

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Shadow Wave said:

 

Of course, Arielle is a minor factor in the show.

 

Yes but I could watch her walk all day!

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

And now Caleb says that HE'S the Chrissy Teigen to JUSTINE'S John Legend?  COULD I LOVE HIM ANYMORE??????

 
Is Arielle ever allowed to walk in normal motion?  (as opposed to slow)
 
 

 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Stan39 said:

There’s a great line from Justified. “If you get to the end of the day and you met an asshole, you met an asshole. If you met a bunch of assholes, then you’re the asshole.” At some point you’d hope Mackenzie realizes the whole “everybody misunderstands me!!” all the time is actually her misunderstanding herself. 

You’re right Mackenzie. He doesn’t care. 

My heart stopped.  :Thank you for the wisdom of "Justified".  You brought me right back to one of my favorite shows ever and I can see that exact scene where that was uttered.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Things that made me laugh - Carrington barely hiding his smirk as he interrupted Mackenzie's "feel sorry for me" session with Connor and Mackenzie's tears. It gives my dead, black heart life when Mackenzie is unhappy! 

Go Justine. I wish she'd let loose on Mackenzie because you KNOW she wants to. 

"There are people who care about you." I don't know who they are, they probably are those Instagram porn sites that are always slipping into people's DMs who want to trick people into a "collab," but hey, Mackenzie, those are your people - go cry your salty bitch tears to them.

I'm here for Jalen's lack of fucks. 

I always miss the superior Love Island UK but one of the things I miss most is how real a lot of the contestants are. They don't pull punches with people and are more direct. The U.S. version just feels lethargic in comparison. 

Good luck, Aaron. You're going to need it. Talk about shortest straw. 

Connor and Moira. Sure, why not. I'm sure their conversations are going to be scintillating. "Kittens, rainbows and ice cream!" 

Caleb and Justine are playing to win. I don't think they're for real but they saw an opening to score and win the prize money. I can respect the gameplay. 

Calvin is probably hoping that Kierstan's personality will rub off on him. Doubtful.

Okay guys, we know what we have to do...send Mackenzie packing!

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I loved Carrington's attempted intervention. Also his "Mackenzie has death glare eyes" reaction.

I am actually surprised Conner went for Moira; I thought for sure he'd back slide to Mackenzie.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, mertensia said:

I loved Carrington's attempted intervention. Also his "Mackenzie has death glare eyes" reaction.

I am actually surprised Conner went for Moira; I thought for sure he'd back slide to Mackenzie.

Me too! Not sure why people are so mad at Carrington. For a month Mackenzie has been sucking the life out of everyone in the villa and pulling people to manipulate him. I was glad to see him mess with her game, and all she’s doing is playing games. Everybody else is getting along and trying to enjoy themselves. It’s time for Mackenzie to shut up and play charades. Lol

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Stan39 said:

How is that possible?!? I don’t even think Aaron would vote for Aaron and Mackenzie. 

Believe it or not, there are some serious Mackenzie "fans" out there.  No idea how old they are or what their maturity level is but they do exist.  So when you have other couples that aren't too solid or one person disliked on an epic level (Johnny), unfortunately it gives them a chance to push Mackenzie (and Aaron) through.  

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, ZeeEnnui said:

I'm here for Jalen's lack of fucks. 

Yessssss!!! And one episode back when Mack asked him if he thinks he prioritizes other people's feelings over his own and he went "No, I feel great." !!!! My favorite moment of the season lol

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, Canadian Girl said:

Yessssss!!! And one episode back when Mack asked him if he thinks he prioritizes other people's feelings over his own and he went "No, I feel great." !!!! My favorite moment of the season lol

That was kind of funny.  I agree it is great he just says whatever.  That said, I can see why any of the girls are getting a little leery of him.  He is becoming more obvious....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, CindyBee said:

Faith trashed Calvin in her post show interview but then I remembered he dumped her on national TV so he's still on my like list.   

Where did you see Faith's post show interview?  I am trying to find it.

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

Believe it or not, there are some serious Mackenzie "fans" out there.  No idea how old they are or what their maturity level is but they do exist.  So when you have other couples that aren't too solid or one person disliked on an epic level (Johnny), unfortunately it gives them a chance to push Mackenzie (and Aaron) through.  

I guess. But Mackenzie is worse than Johnny and James combined. And when you talk about solid couples, Aaron and Mack are basically just each other’s consolation prize. Even her Instagram followers are FINALLY calling her out on her using Connor. Or at least her admin isn’t deleting all the negative comments anymore, lol. 

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

So I’m guessing as long as Mackenzie and Aaron aren’t in the bottom then Mack will use that to blame everything on Connor, that America really loves her, and that everything she has done up until now is completely justified. Great. Just what we need, a smug Mackenzie 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, CindyBee said:

After the Island on Youtube::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4wMSYRP1RY

 

 

Really interesting. Have they interviewed one of the guys from the Villa during the Casa Amor split? It would be interesting to get both perspectives. 
 

First, didn’t even recognize Faith for a solid minute. It’s too bad she couldn’t have been on TV like that. The host in the green shirt needs to stop rolling on the floor laughing at everything the guest says. I get wanting to make your guest feel comfortable, but she was over the top. Third, I’m unlike every pageant girl you know, is what every pageant girl says. 
 

The stuff about the guys isn’t too surprising. Glad she didn’t hold back saying people are fake and the show is editing everyone. I’m surprised the one person she didn’t even mention was Mackenzie (she talked about every other OG girl). And I guess production must actually make it difficult for them to talk throughout the day. It seems like they just lounge around all day with hours to get to know each other, but I guess producers separate them when they aren’t filming. But nothing really new about any of them, other than confirming what we thought. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Really interesting. Have they interviewed one of the guys from the Villa during the Casa Amor split? It would be interesting to get both perspectives. 

No nothing from Pat/Mike/De'Andre yet on their podcast.  Last guy they interviewed was Tre but I didn't listen to that.

 

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

If the bottom three vote-getters are in jeopardy again, I can't figure out who it would be. Jalen/Sher almost certainly, but the other two couples, no idea, especially if Mackenzie and Aaron were in second place last night? WTAF. I too was hoping that when it was Aaron standing there with no other choice but Mackenzie, he would have said, "you know what? it's been fun. Good luck everyone!" and sprinted for the door.

Moira after talking to Connor said that it was so great that they were "on the same page" and that he was "a breath of fresh air," and I deleted the old episodes so I can't check, but I'm 99% sure she said the same things about James, Calvin, and Aaron.

I don't like Carrington, but "let's play charades!" was hilarious. Mackenzie is so fucking tiresome, and how narcissistic do you have to be to try to get sympathy from the guy you dumped that you're unhappy with the guy you dumped him for? The neverending tears are made worse by the fact that she cries in such an annoying way, constantly putting her fingers under her eyes so she won't mess up her makeup. If you're not willing to ugly cry, you're not sad, you're working the room.

13 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't hate Johnny at ALL.  I always kinda liked Johnny.  BuuuuuuUuuutuuuuuuT he's handled himself kinda ...... oddly, let's say.  LOL.

I don't hate him either. He was as honest with Cely as he's been with himself, and while he's still trying to blur the edges a little, I think that's just human nature when you've done something wrong. She'll probably get mad again once she sees the episode but then get over it, especially if he agrees that he underplayed his confession. If he tries that, "but Casa Amor was a challenge and we agreed kissing other people is okay during challenges" nonsense, then there could be trouble.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

her neverending tears are made worse by the fact that she cries in such an annoying way, constantly putting her fingers under her eyes so she won't mess up her makeup. If you're not willing to ugly cry, you're not sad, you're working the room.

Good point here. She cries at the drop of a hat and that fingers under the eyes thing kinda drives me nuts too. "I don't want to cry!" gets old after say the 30th time... that day...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

Moira after talking to Connor said that it was so great that they were "on the same page" and that he was "a breath of fresh air," and I deleted the old episodes so I can't check, but I'm 99% sure she said the same things about James, Calvin, and Aaron.

She DEFINITELY said the breath of fresh air thing, at least.  Likely about Aaron.

33 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

I don't like Carrington, but "let's play charades!" was hilarious.

It was funny.  I just hate cockblocking, no matter what.  If Connor wants to go there with Mack, then that's his bed and he can lay in it!  I get that the guys are protective, and in theory it's sweet, but I like Caleb's approach to it.  I believe that Caleb actually cares about Connor.  Carrington, and to a lesser extent Johnny, I just feel like they hate Mack and want revenge on her.  And as a friend, I've certainly felt like that, but I don't tell my friends what to do and I don't block what they're going to do.  I'm just there for them in good times and bad.

And if Connor really is as inexperienced as we think, well, he kinda needs the experience 🙂. Life experience and..... other.

I can't deal with the idea of Moira and Connor right now, but I guess I can deal with it if it means Connor stays.  They sound even more Irish than Connor and Mackenzie.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, fishcakes said:

If the bottom three vote-getters are in jeopardy again, I can't figure out who it would be. Jalen/Sher almost certainly, but the other two couples, no idea, especially if Mackenzie and Aaron were in second place last night? WTAF. I too was hoping that when it was Aaron standing there with no other choice but Mackenzie, he would have said, "you know what? it's been fun. Good luck everyone!" and sprinted for the door.

Moira after talking to Connor said that it was so great that they were "on the same page" and that he was "a breath of fresh air," and I deleted the old episodes so I can't check, but I'm 99% sure she said the same things about James, Calvin, and Aaron.

I don't like Carrington, but "let's play charades!" was hilarious. Mackenzie is so fucking tiresome, and how narcissistic do you have to be to try to get sympathy from the guy you dumped that you're unhappy with the guy you dumped him for? The neverending tears are made worse by the fact that she cries in such an annoying way, constantly putting her fingers under her eyes so she won't mess up her makeup. If you're not willing to ugly cry, you're not sad, you're working the room.

I don't hate him either. He was as honest with Cely as he's been with himself, and while he's still trying to blur the edges a little, I think that's just human nature when you've done something wrong. She'll probably get mad again once she sees the episode but then get over it, especially if he agrees that he underplayed his confession. If he tries that, "but Casa Amor was a challenge and we agreed kissing other people is okay during challenges" nonsense, then there could be trouble.

I still think if Cely wanted more details she would have asked for more details. I don’t think she wants to know, which is her decision. That being said, she also has every right to change her mind if she finds out later as more people tell her stuff. 

1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

Good point here. She cries at the drop of a hat and that fingers under the eyes thing kinda drives me nuts too. "I don't want to cry!" gets old after say the 30th time... that day...

I busted out laughing when she was crying in the kitchen and Connor followed her over. “I don’t want you to see me cry.” Why? Why is this time different than the other 98 times Connor has seen you cry? Lol

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

She DEFINITELY said the breath of fresh air thing, at least.  Likely about Aaron.

It was funny.  I just hate cockblocking, no matter what.  If Connor wants to go there with Mack, then that's his bed and he can lay in it!  I get that the guys are protective, and in theory it's sweet, but I like Caleb's approach to it.  I believe that Caleb actually cares about Connor.  Carrington, and to a lesser extent Johnny, I just feel like they hate Mack and want revenge on her.  And as a friend, I've certainly felt like that, but I don't tell my friends what to do and I don't block what they're going to do.  I'm just there for them in good times and bad.

And if Connor really is as inexperienced as we think, well, he kinda needs the experience 🙂. Life experience and..... other.

I can't deal with the idea of Moira and Connor right now, but I guess I can deal with it if it means Connor stays.  They sound even more Irish than Connor and Mackenzie.

I get your point. I think Carrington was mostly there for Connor, but I also there selfishly. Imagine being stuck on an island with ten people and two people are making everyone else miserable by their constant fighting. After they broke up, if you saw them attempt to get back together you might try to break it up for your own sanity. 
 

I think the charades line was perfect. It was goofy and had the subtlety of, this is supposed to be a goofy, dumb show and you two (but mostly Mackenzie) keeping sucking the fun out for all of us. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

She cries at the drop of a hat and that fingers under the eyes thing kinda drives me nuts too. "I don't want to cry!" gets old after say the 30th time... that day...

Seriously. If you're crying that much there's an issue you need to address. I say this as a fellow cryer, because I want to try to defend my fellow cryers, I think we're misunderstood a lot of times..., but GIRL. I how hard it is to stop tears when you're really frustrated or hurt but a big part of that is stopping the loop of feeling sorry for yourself. A first cry is an acknowledgment of hurt and the second cry is basically reliving the hurt. So you need to deal with the hurt. Unless she's using it as a manipulation which she might be. 

1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I just hate cockblocking, no matter what.  If Connor wants to go there with Mack, then that's his bed and he can lay in it!  I get that the guys are protective, and in theory it's sweet, but I like Caleb's approach to it.  I believe that Caleb actually cares about Connor.  Carrington, and to a lesser extent Johnny, I just feel like they hate Mack and want revenge on her.  And as a friend, I've certainly felt like that, but I don't tell my friends what to do and I don't block what they're going to do.  I'm just there for them in good times and bad.

And if Connor really is as inexperienced as we think, well, he kinda needs the experience 🙂. Life experience and..... other.

Exactly. That's why I was bothered too. I get they're bros but let him make is own decisions. 

ETA: I also thought the "charades!" was funny and the right approach. My issue was  walking over to "steal Connor for a sec for some very important business". That was transparent AF.

Edited by Refresh
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I don't get the impression that Carrington hates Mackenzie at all. Johnny,  yes, but Carrington seems quite neutral on her except for thinking she and Connor are a bad match. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not too worried about Aaron falling for Mackenzie. He talked about how she could be fun and one of the guys, but then there was her "overreacting" side, which was a politely understated way of putting it. If they last through the couples elimination, she'll probably glom onto one of the new guys coming in next time, and he'll get aced out at the next recoupling. He's already been with Moira and the only other person who showed interest was Justine and she's not going to ditch Caleb. I don't see any of the remaining women picking him especially since there are going to be three new guys in the mix.

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

The new guys look even worse than the other guys. Not sure why they’re even bothering to bring in new people at this point. 

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

The new guys look even worse than the other guys. Not sure why they’re even bothering to bring in new people at this point. 

Because Mackenzie needs someone to cry to.

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size