Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Robert Lynch

The Drew Barrymore Show

9 minutes ago, alexa said:

Agreed!  No reason you have to be held to a special standard, lol!  The Kelly Clarkson and Drew threads are mainly about their terrible fashion choices on their respective talk shows :-)

😄. That's hilarious! 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I never said she should?  There are a lot of posts here speaking about her fashion style and I'm simply joining in the conversation?

11 minutes ago, alexa said:

Agreed!  No reason you have to be held to a special standard, lol!  The Kelly Clarkson and Drew threads are mainly about their terrible fashion choices on their respective talk shows :-)

I certainly didn't mean any disrespect with my post.  

• Like 2

I typically post about Drew's fashion choices (and Kelly Clarkson) simply because I think they are both pretty women who dress like they are elderly. To each their own but I think they could dress better.

On 11/9/2021 at 6:30 AM, seasons said:

Enjoying beauty week. Didn't know Drew has her own line of cosmetics!

Drew's cosmetic line is called Flower. I'm pretty sure it is all cruelty free products. Reasonably priced at Walmart. 

• Like 3

😂😂 Today's (Tuesday) show with Gayle King. Gayle eating the "featured food" through her whole segment/interview. She must have been very hungry! 

• Laugh 1

Thanks for posting that, @Ms Blue Jay

I'm too old and crabby - I give that post a HUGE side eye.🙄

Felt so fake to me. Even the dude they freaked out about seemed to look awkward and embarrassed. These are grown women.

I don't even know who he is. He looks like every other twenty something hipster I see at Starbucks lol.

On today's pre Grammy show she finally has that mop of hair styled differently. It's up. And she's wearing a dress not made from that frumpy old lady stuff with giant bows and flowers that she wears every time I pass by.

Told ya I was crabby. 🦀

Edited by seasons
  • Like 1

I loved Drew's blouse yesterday for once.  I'm watching the opening and she doesn't address Will Smith at the Oscars or the Oscars at all.  Is that not weird to anyone?  

TVLine Items: Barrymore Renewed...

The Drew Barrymore Show has been renewed for Season 3, airing through 2022-23 with a new format: The syndicated talker will be produced as two half-hour episodes that can run together or be split apart to air separately, CBS Media Ventures, which produces and distributes the show, announced on Friday.

“I am honored and grateful, but I also want to take this show higher and continue to innovate and be a game changer in the daytime space,” Barrymore said in a statement. “Rising to the occasion of finding people in the diverse way they watch is what I want to challenge myself with. Our show wants to be a bright spot, not a blind spot, and we just want to make people feel good. And I thank all the people who helped us get here.”

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 1

I'm liking Drew's clothes so much more the past couple of weeks. I don't know if she got a new stylist or what.

• Like 1

Drew is already repeating the Gucci heart blouse, that's so weird!  She just wore it a couple of weeks ago.

On 3/29/2022 at 2:51 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I loved Drew's blouse yesterday for once.  I'm watching the opening and she doesn't address Will Smith at the Oscars or the Oscars at all.  Is that not weird to anyone?  

That is not weird to me. It is commendable. 

On 3/29/2022 at 5:51 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

she doesn't address Will Smith at the Oscars or the Oscars at all.  Is that not weird to anyone?  

Not weird at all.  I'm grateful to Drew.

The Sienna Miller interview and cooking segment was a delight from start to finish.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 7:39 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm liking Drew's clothes so much more the past couple of weeks. I don't know if she got a new stylist or what.

You got my hopes up, lol.  I haven't watched in months and finally turned on her show today and from what I can see of her behind the news desk, she looks like she is coming from the Facts of Life set.  :-)  

Oh well.  Also, I think the reason I don't even bother to watch much anymore is because she switched to starting with the news desk stuff, and it doesn't grab my attention.  I did better when she had guests on right away and did news later.  I just don't have the attention span to see her sit at a desk with her random news bits/chatter. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Clearly I need to go back to not watching this show.  Turned it on again today, and she is dressed like an old woman as normal.  But what really annoyed me was:  the topic of the news was the not wearing the shoes in the house because of all the stuff they bring into the house, etc.  She was against that idea and said how all of that stuff and the germs it brings in helps boost immunity so she wasn't doing it--would continue wearing shoes, etc.  Well then, Drew, why does everyone in your audience have to wear a yellow mask?  lol.  I mean I would have raised my hand and said, if germs build immunity can I remove the mask you made me wear please?

Seriously though, she acted really stupid about it.  The reality is you can wear your shoes or not, but the people that choose not to, such as our household, is simply because it keeps your floors and house cleaner, and you aren't bringing everything in and you don't have to clean floors quite as much.  Simple as that, but not something I expect everyone to follow.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, alexa said:

Seriously though, she acted really stupid about it. 

I love her, but I agree she's a ditz, she should stay away from science topics.  Celebrity interviews and cooking segments are her forte.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I love her, but I agree she's a ditz, she should stay away from science topics.  Celebrity interviews and cooking segments are her forte.

I've always been too chicken to take a crack at the eggplant parm dish, but after seeing it ...

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

On 4/19/2022 at 3:18 PM, alexa said:

You got my hopes up, lol.  I haven't watched in months and finally turned on her show today and from what I can see of her behind the news desk, she looks like she is coming from the Facts of Life set.  :-)  

Oh well.  Also, I think the reason I don't even bother to watch much anymore is because she switched to starting with the news desk stuff, and it doesn't grab my attention.  I did better when she had guests on right away and did news later.  I just don't have the attention span to see her sit at a desk with her random news bits/chatter. 

I hate when she has good guests and then makes them read headlines to us.  It is such a waste of a good, charming, and funny guest that I specifically tuned into see.

• Like 1

Oh brother. God forbid she have an opinion on anything. They are terrified of pissing off the masses.

• Like 2

I've watched a few of Drew's shows..and my heart breaks for her.  She had a chaotic childhood, a mom that didn't parent her in the way Drew needed, and almost died in her early teens.

The fact she's sitting here on a talk show in 2022 shows how much of a survivor she is.  With that said, her constant need for positivity and being all emotional shows me that she's still affected by those demons.  If being in a constant state of positivity is what keeps her together then so be it...but she's still using those aspects as a coping mechanism..and I think that might hinder her as a talk show host.

• Like 2