Type keyword(s) to search

The Drew Barrymore Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, alexa said:

Agreed!  No reason you have to be held to a special standard, lol!  The Kelly Clarkson and Drew threads are mainly about their terrible fashion choices on their respective talk shows :-)

😄. That's hilarious! 

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I never said she should?  There are a lot of posts here speaking about her fashion style and I'm simply joining in the conversation?

11 minutes ago, alexa said:

Agreed!  No reason you have to be held to a special standard, lol!  The Kelly Clarkson and Drew threads are mainly about their terrible fashion choices on their respective talk shows :-)

I certainly didn't mean any disrespect with my post.  

• Love 2

I typically post about Drew's fashion choices (and Kelly Clarkson) simply because I think they are both pretty women who dress like they are elderly. To each their own but I think they could dress better.

On 11/9/2021 at 6:30 AM, seasons said:

Enjoying beauty week. Didn't know Drew has her own line of cosmetics!

Drew's cosmetic line is called Flower. I'm pretty sure it is all cruelty free products. Reasonably priced at Walmart. 

• Love 3

Thanks for posting that, @Ms Blue Jay

I'm too old and crabby - I give that post a HUGE side eye.🙄

Felt so fake to me. Even the dude they freaked out about seemed to look awkward and embarrassed. These are grown women.

I don't even know who he is. He looks like every other twenty something hipster I see at Starbucks lol.

On today's pre Grammy show she finally has that mop of hair styled differently. It's up. And she's wearing a dress not made from that frumpy old lady stuff with giant bows and flowers that she wears every time I pass by.

Told ya I was crabby. 🦀

Edited by seasons
  • Love 1

TVLine Items: Barrymore Renewed...

The Drew Barrymore Show has been renewed for Season 3, airing through 2022-23 with a new format: The syndicated talker will be produced as two half-hour episodes that can run together or be split apart to air separately, CBS Media Ventures, which produces and distributes the show, announced on Friday.

“I am honored and grateful, but I also want to take this show higher and continue to innovate and be a game changer in the daytime space,” Barrymore said in a statement. “Rising to the occasion of finding people in the diverse way they watch is what I want to challenge myself with. Our show wants to be a bright spot, not a blind spot, and we just want to make people feel good. And I thank all the people who helped us get here.”

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 3/29/2022 at 2:51 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I loved Drew's blouse yesterday for once.  I'm watching the opening and she doesn't address Will Smith at the Oscars or the Oscars at all.  Is that not weird to anyone?  

That is not weird to me. It is commendable. 

• Applause 1
On 3/29/2022 at 5:51 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

she doesn't address Will Smith at the Oscars or the Oscars at all.  Is that not weird to anyone?  

Not weird at all.  I'm grateful to Drew.

The Sienna Miller interview and cooking segment was a delight from start to finish.

• Love 1
On 4/11/2022 at 7:39 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm liking Drew's clothes so much more the past couple of weeks. I don't know if she got a new stylist or what.

You got my hopes up, lol.  I haven't watched in months and finally turned on her show today and from what I can see of her behind the news desk, she looks like she is coming from the Facts of Life set.  :-)  

Oh well.  Also, I think the reason I don't even bother to watch much anymore is because she switched to starting with the news desk stuff, and it doesn't grab my attention.  I did better when she had guests on right away and did news later.  I just don't have the attention span to see her sit at a desk with her random news bits/chatter. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Clearly I need to go back to not watching this show.  Turned it on again today, and she is dressed like an old woman as normal.  But what really annoyed me was:  the topic of the news was the not wearing the shoes in the house because of all the stuff they bring into the house, etc.  She was against that idea and said how all of that stuff and the germs it brings in helps boost immunity so she wasn't doing it--would continue wearing shoes, etc.  Well then, Drew, why does everyone in your audience have to wear a yellow mask?  lol.  I mean I would have raised my hand and said, if germs build immunity can I remove the mask you made me wear please?

Seriously though, she acted really stupid about it.  The reality is you can wear your shoes or not, but the people that choose not to, such as our household, is simply because it keeps your floors and house cleaner, and you aren't bringing everything in and you don't have to clean floors quite as much.  Simple as that, but not something I expect everyone to follow.  

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

I love her, but I agree she's a ditz, she should stay away from science topics.  Celebrity interviews and cooking segments are her forte.

I've always been too chicken to take a crack at the eggplant parm dish, but after seeing it ...

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 4/19/2022 at 3:18 PM, alexa said:

You got my hopes up, lol.  I haven't watched in months and finally turned on her show today and from what I can see of her behind the news desk, she looks like she is coming from the Facts of Life set.  :-)  

Oh well.  Also, I think the reason I don't even bother to watch much anymore is because she switched to starting with the news desk stuff, and it doesn't grab my attention.  I did better when she had guests on right away and did news later.  I just don't have the attention span to see her sit at a desk with her random news bits/chatter. 

I hate when she has good guests and then makes them read headlines to us.  It is such a waste of a good, charming, and funny guest that I specifically tuned into see.

• Love 1

I've watched a few of Drew's shows..and my heart breaks for her.  She had a chaotic childhood, a mom that didn't parent her in the way Drew needed, and almost died in her early teens.

The fact she's sitting here on a talk show in 2022 shows how much of a survivor she is.  With that said, her constant need for positivity and being all emotional shows me that she's still affected by those demons.  If being in a constant state of positivity is what keeps her together then so be it...but she's still using those aspects as a coping mechanism..and I think that might hinder her as a talk show host.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

image.png.c01493c55b6217c21d6adc4d8f6c3a00.png

Drew, Drew, Drew... What were you thing my with this outfit? 

Trying to be couture since Donatella was there?

Another awful fashion choice. Ugly color, ugly cape dress with some sort of weird high collar... 

She is still a young woman but she insists on dressing like Woody Allen's "Annie" on polyester or something during her daily show.

Why so matronly?!?

I also feel like this Britney wedding was fake, some PR thing. Britney looks like trash. More so than usual.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 6/11/2022 at 6:12 PM, seasons said:

I also feel like this Britney wedding was fake, some PR thing. Britney looks like trash. More so than usual.

I kind of lost a lot of respect/likeability for both Drew and Selena Gomez when I saw this pic (the others I don’t like or respect anyway so it’s whatever ).  I think it’s quite obvious that even though Britney now has her freedom or whatever she is still not ok.  She looks awful in every picture I see of her, that horrible over-processed hair and makeup always smeared.  Even on her own wedding day she looks a mess.  This is not a well woman.  That these women, can stand by and act like everything is fine and dandy, well they aren’t being friends at all.  Maybe they have said something to her in private, I hope.  Maybe they don’t give a shit and just wanted to go to a party, that’s fair. But I just found it pretty tone deaf posting pics on social media like this is some fairytale as if we can’t tell Brit is completely out of her gourd.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
On 6/11/2022 at 7:12 PM, seasons said:

Another awful fashion choice. Ugly color, ugly cape dress with some sort of weird high collar... 

She is still a young woman but she insists on dressing like Woody Allen's "Annie" on polyester or something during her daily show.

Why so matronly?!?

Another Fugly cape outfit at Daytime Emmys.

Why? Just why? 😑

drew-barrymore-daytime-emmy-awards-01.jpg

• Love 2
On 6/11/2022 at 4:12 PM, seasons said:

Why so matronly?!?

Thanks for posting that! It's very funny!😂

Drew looks like she just escaped from being "burned at the stake". Or possibly posing as the Grim Reaper of the wedding.

Donatella V looks fugly as usual. Not sure who a couple of the other women are in the pic. Paris looks good.

Britney looks like she's got a severe case of whiplash. What an odd way to pose for your wedding photos. But nice veneers Brit!

• Love 1

I also watch on Global in Canada and was so confused yesterday to see her show listed as a 30 minute block when I pulled up the channel guide to see where to find her and then google told me this:

"CBS Media Ventures handed The Drew Barrymore Show its renewal and is now changing up the program’s formatting. The show, which currently airs in an hour-long format, will now be produced as two-half hour episodes. According to THR, said installments could be aired back-to-back or could even run during completely different periods of time. It’s an interesting creative change and, in a statement to the trade, CBS Media Ventures president Steve LoCascio explained that it was necessary for the company’s continued collaboration with its TV affiliate partners."

Source:https://www.cinemablend.com/television/drew-barrymores-talk-show-is-getting-a-new-season-but-with-a-major-change

Huh??

Whatevs.  I rarely watch.  But did want to see Justin Long yesterday after having seen her interview with other ex-boyfriend Tom Green.  It was as cringey as expected.  I have seen little tidbits through the years about how Justin was "the one that got away" and I can kind of see that being true because I thought that Drew was really self conscious with him; the biggest tell being her flipping her hair over back and forth ONE HUNDRED TIMES.  I also think she tried to look extra cute for him, too.  But then I could just be reading into it because I always loved those two together and think Justin is a major catch. 

Main takeaway was that the two of them seemed to have been high through most of their relationship but had one hell of a good time together.  And now he is with Kate Bosworth who looks like she is having the time of her life with him, so good for her. 

• Useful 1
19 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I also watch on Global in Canada and was so confused yesterday to see her show listed as a 30 minute block when I pulled up the channel guide to see where to find her and then google told me this:

"CBS Media Ventures handed The Drew Barrymore Show its renewal and is now changing up the program’s formatting. The show, which currently airs in an hour-long format, will now be produced as two-half hour episodes. According to THR, said installments could be aired back-to-back or could even run during completely different periods of time. It’s an interesting creative change and, in a statement to the trade, CBS Media Ventures president Steve LoCascio explained that it was necessary for the company’s continued collaboration with its TV affiliate partners."

Source:https://www.cinemablend.com/television/drew-barrymores-talk-show-is-getting-a-new-season-but-with-a-major-change

Huh??

Whatevs.  I rarely watch.  But did want to see Justin Long yesterday after having seen her interview with other ex-boyfriend Tom Green.  It was as cringey as expected.  I have seen little tidbits through the years about how Justin was "the one that got away" and I can kind of see that being true because I thought that Drew was really self conscious with him; the biggest tell being her flipping her hair over back and forth ONE HUNDRED TIMES.  I also think she tried to look extra cute for him, too.  But then I could just be reading into it because I always loved those two together and think Justin is a major catch. 

Main takeaway was that the two of them seemed to have been high through most of their relationship but had one hell of a good time together.  And now he is with Kate Bosworth who looks like she is having the time of her life with him, so good for her. 

@Cementheadthank you sooooooooo much for this info.

• Love 1

I was so excited that Idris Elba was on the show and then guess what happened.

Drew did a horrible segment called DREWBER where she makes Idris get in a car, drives him around for 5 minutes, then kicks him out.  What a bunch of product placement garbage for a horrible, unethical company.  Terrible segment. Blah.

I guess nobody wants to pay for Drew's show and it's not profitable?  The fact that they're doing 30 minute blocks and partnering up with Uber is just not looking good for this show whatsoever.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 1

I watched the show the other day for the interview with HRC and I got the giggles from how Barrymore was literally on her knees for 3-5 minutes there because she needed to pick up the questions from the popped balloons. I think they didn't think about that idea enough ahead of time.

Barrymore is a sweetheart, I like that she doesn't put on airs or anything and is just herself that way.

• Like 1

Drew is doing the Drewber segment again with Cameron Diaz.  This is so bad.

Cameron is one of the most highly paid actresses of all time, and supposedly best friends with Drew.  She just announced her un-retirement from acting.  And this is how she's treated?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
On 9/16/2022 at 4:11 PM, sugarbaker design said:

Indeed it does not look good.  Although, there was a good segment (in studio) with HRC and Chelsea.

Drew also had a good segment with Lea Michele, I assume on the set of "Funny Girl" on Broadway.

However, Drew didn't bring up anything negative with Lea - she had a pretty bad reputation on Glee.  Then again Drew never does.

WTH .. I just tuned in after awhile and saw a 30 minute show.  (New York).  She also had hair flowing and a nice suit on .. no flower.  Is this permanent?  Did she run out of friends to come on the show?  I love all her movies, especially with Adam Sandler.  The ones in Hawaii and Africa.  She puts on a good show.  Much better than Sherri and Jennifer Hudson, IMO, who scream every minute for a full hour.

• Like 2

I think the network simply does not want to fund her show anymore.  They keep shoving guests in cars and making them sit on the floor of her studio.  It is now the weirdest show ever.

On 9/23/2022 at 11:31 AM, sugarbaker design said:

That's definitely Drew's vibe. 

There's such a thing as toxic positivity.  Having rapists on your show and pretending that they're great people is not something I endorse, but Drew certainly does.  She had no problem confronting the reality of rape and abuse when Dylan Farrow was on her show, so it's really hypocritical of her to turn around and have serial rapists on like Anthony Anderson to praise and brown-nose them and involve them in mocking court cases that deal with those very subjects.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1

How's the crying situation been in these new 30 minute blocks?  Does she still have time to cry in every interview? 

12 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think the network simply does not want to fund her show anymore.  They keep shoving guests in cars and making them sit on the floor of her studio.  It is now the weirdest show ever.

lol! 

• LOL 1
55 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

There's such a thing as toxic positivity. 

There sure is.

55 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Having rapists on your show and pretending that they're great people is not something I endorse,

Nor do I.

56 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

She had no problem confronting the reality of rape and abuse when Dylan Farrow was on her show, so it's really hypocritical of her to turn around and have serial rapists on like Anthony Anderson to praise and brown-nose them and involve them in mocking court cases that deal with those very subjects.

Until now, I was totally unaware of the Anthony Anderson allegations.  I was also unaware he was on the show.  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

There's such a thing as toxic positivity.  Having rapists on your show and pretending that they're great people is not something I endorse, but Drew certainly does.  She had no problem confronting the reality of rape and abuse when Dylan Farrow was on her show, so it's really hypocritical of her to turn around and have serial rapists on like Anthony Anderson to praise and brown-nose them and involve them in mocking court cases that deal with those as she does look great in her movies.  Also, she was a bit of a kiss ass, as she loves everyone. She 

Just now, kristen111 said:
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

There's such a thing as toxic positivity.  Having rapists on your show and pretending that they're great people is not something I endorse, but Drew certainly does.  She had no problem confronting the reality of rape and abuse when Dylan Farrow was on her show, so it's really hypocritical of her to turn around and have serial rapists on like Anthony Anderson to praise and brown-nose them and involve them in mocking court cases that deal with those as she does look great in her movies.  Also, she was a bit of a kiss ass, as she loves everyone. She 

I only watched in the beginning when all her Hollywood friends were on.  Then I just started again now.  I never knew about the racists.   Sorry, I think the post got messed up.

Local CBS station currently showing just one of her half hours, proceeded by MORE local news. Then another channel in the area repeats two eps in the evening. My channel guide will tell me if there's somebody I just have to see, but mostly, I'm passing these days. It's all too Drew.

Anthony Anderson? Really? Should we be on the lookout for Chris Noth? 

• Sad 1

Don't watch Drew often but did see the recent episode with Gwen Stefani. Drew got a new? better? Hairstylist. What a great improvement.

Gwen did a make over on a Gwen fan using/promoting her new make up line. Gwen has those really long pointed fake fingernails.

I was wondering how Gwen performs oral hygiene on herself without causing serious damage to her private parts. I'm not a fan of those fingernails. But Gwen has to stay stylish in the entertainment biz.