Type keyword(s) to search

The Drew Barrymore Show - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I have tried again and again to briefly switch over to Drew.  This is what happens every time.  She is either introducing a celebrity or talking to them.  She starts some sentence that goes on like a 20 sentence stretch with no ending, and then finally finishes after you have no idea what she actually said. 

Yesterday she was asking Chelsea Clinton a question, and the question was more like a long sentence that never ended, while Chelsea sits there politely waiting hoping she will know the question when she hears it.  And then finally the question comes out and it was simply about being in the public eye.  I like Drew, but I think she kind of sucks at this talk show thing.  I love how she wants to be nice and flowery with her words and descriptions, but get to the freaking point.  lol  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

It's sad. I can't even hate Drew for how unwatchable this is. I still like her. Just not doing this. 

I've said it before. Being a good talk show guest doesn't automatically translate to being a good talk show host. You can be authentic all day long (and I honestly think she is, which is why she's a good talk show guest) and it won't change that to be a host, you actually need to have other skills she just doesn't have. 

• Love 4

Did y'all catch the show when Cameron Diaz was on?  I really, really like both of these ladies but holy smokes, that was super cringey.  Inside jokes between friends are never going to funny to anybody else.  Their Poo Poo and Parmigiano references were never going to be funny to anybody else no matter how many times they kept at it. 

And the other time I tuned in she had Ross Mathews on for a cooking segment.  That was also weird.  Strangely entertaining (?) but most definitely weird.  I laughed at a few things  for sure but the awkward part is that I  don't know if what I was laughing at was supposed to be funny.  That's why she just cracks me up in this setting. 

Me watching her show:

index.jpg.5316a8cf31a028ef216f879611c1d310.jpg

I am going to try some of that chickpea pasta that she was featuring so at least there's that!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

The worst was when her ex-husband Tom Green was on.  She apparently hadn't seen him in years, and didn't see him backstage, choosing to save the reunion for the camera.  She sobbed hysterically. Tom kept trying to speak calmly and reassuringly "I'm really happy for your success...."  Drew wails.   "My parents send their best....."  Drew wails louder.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Ugh. Someone at CBS is trying to save their investment. Now Drew has a cohost guy for half the show. Today she was on the CBS morning show with some feel good story about someone who helps people get covid shots. /major eye roll

And a whole segment of Gail interviewing Drew about season 2 (!) of her talk show - the highs and the lows. 🙄 shocked this got picked up for a season 2.

She just doesn't work in the news world. Imo of course.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 2

Renewed for season 2.

From an article on Deadline:

"Anchored by the CBS Television Stations in major markets, The Drew Barrymore Show has shown solid ratings gains throughout the season, growing 19% in homes and 13% among the key women 25-54 demo from November 2020 to February 2021 across the metered markets. The show has also seen double-digit growth on stations in the top 5 markets."

Rating aren't bad enough to warrant cancelllation.  Good for Drew!

• Love 6

Actually, I'm liking her & the show a lot more since she "lost" the strange way of "tawking" & "the strangle effect".  I found it very off-putting & wondered why she did it.  Just watched a show I recorded last week & she's speaking normally (& rationally), so I'll tune in more often, if I like her guests.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Actually, I'm liking her & the show a lot more since she "lost" the strange way of "tawking" & "the strangle effect".  I found it very off-putting & wondered why she did it.  Just watched a show I recorded last week & she's speaking normally (& rationally), so I'll tune in more often, if I like her guests.

I still don’t care for her show, but I agree she has been less weird lately for the few moments I switch over to her show.  

• LOL 1
On 4/4/2021 at 9:03 PM, Medicine Crow said:

Actually, I'm liking her & the show a lot more since she "lost" the strange way of "tawking" & "the strangle effect

I caught the end of her show today (5/19) and she was very fond of  using the word "totally". I couldn't take anymore of her.

Or should I say "I totally like couldn't like totally take anymore of her."

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

And yet someone at CBS loves her.

New temp fill in gig on CBS morning show with Gayle?!? Second hour.

Saw her on let's make a deal on giant video screen making an appearance for some reason a few weeks ago and some other CBS  show I can't remember.

😑

16 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

It's the end of the world as we know it.

Lol! She wasn't on the CBS morning show today, maybe just sporadic gig. Not permanent I know, anchor Tony on paternity leave.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Vlad's been subbing for Tony, Drew only comes on in the second hour starting at 8.

Oh, Ok, that makes sense. Thanks.

I think drew was only on once so far - last Monday. 

Maybe it was just a one-time thing.

Sept. 14 .. I was happy to find her on Primetimer.  I don’t watch Kelly & Ryan anymore .. had enough of her.  In the beginning this show was shakey.  Now, I watch everyday.  I love all her Movies, especially with Jimmy Fallon and Adam Sandler, when they filmed in Africa.  She looked great in that movie with makeup on and hair long and curly.  I like that her guests are all of her Hollywood friends.  That makes the show for me .. those guests.  Being she was a hippie or flower child or whatever, she dresses very matronly.  Not good.  The clothes are for an old lady.  She has to rev it up with a stylist, and cut her hair a bit and curl it up.  More makeup a bit would help as she looks washed out.  She lives in New York now, and should look around.  I’m really loving this show now and hope her ratings go up.  She knows everyone from Hollywood, so that’s a plus for her.  I’m enjoying seeing all her guests. I hope her show lasts.  I like her.  Married three times???  I didn’t know that.  Not that it matters.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 1

The only thing I don’t like is her crying every time a guest comes on., like she hasn’t seen them forever.  She also has to get to the point as she takes too long telling a story.  Her clothes have to go too.  Those vests and ties and big flowers are too much.  The hair hanging down is not a good look.  She can look much prettier.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, kristen111 said:

The only thing I don’t like is her crying every time a guest comes on., like she hasn’t seen them forever.  She also has to get to the point as she takes too long telling a story.  Her clothes have to go too.  Those vests and ties and big flowers are too much.  The hair hanging down is not a good look.  She can look much prettier.

I agree.  Her and Jennifer Aniston were a bit much with their fawning all over each other.  And I am not sure why her a Jennifer couldn’t hug but her and Michael could yesterday.  Lol.  I don’t understand her wardrobe either.  I will admit her show got a lot better as the year went on last season.  She seemed to get less weird, lol.  She has better guests than Kelly much of the time, so I would switch over back to Drew for that reason.  I don’t watch much though.

• Love 1

What’s with the gigantic flower everyday?  It must mean something to her.  Maybe along lost relative, or someone very close to her?  Today’s Taco contest was interesting.  We only have Taco Bell here where I live.  I love Cameron Diaz.  She talks nothing about her husband, or baby girl especially.  I would love to see one picture of her baby girl.  

• Love 1
On 11/25/2020 at 10:17 PM, chenoa333 said:

I HATE RomComs but damn it I love The Wedding Singer. And I hate myself for loving it and watching it every time it's on. Which is pretty much every weekend on some random channel. 

But I like it mostly for Adam Sandler. Not so much Drew

I LOVE Adam Sandler and all his movies.  I love him and Drew going to Africa with their kids in the movie.  He puts all his family and friends in his movies, which gives them a plug.  Good guy.  His all the time side kick is his Cousin.  He’s still married to Jackie, which is very admiral these days.  Nice family.  Is there anyone Drew doesn’t gush over?  She loves everyone.

• Love 2
On 9/15/2021 at 6:51 AM, kristen111 said:

What’s with the gigantic flower everyday?  It must mean something to her.  Maybe along lost relative, or someone very close to her?  Today’s Taco contest was interesting.  We only have Taco Bell here where I live.  I love Cameron Diaz.  She talks nothing about her husband, or baby girl especially.  I would love to see one picture of her baby girl.  

I think this photo is Raddix Madden, daughter of Cameron Diaz and Good Charlotte’s Benji Madden. 

“The clothes are for an old lady.  She has to rev it up with a stylist, and cut her hair a bit and curl it up.”

I agree her Drew’s wardrobe could improve. She could wear jeans every day. I know I would! 

EB8ABF16-091B-4486-B9F1-80A0F6DA716D.jpeg

• Love 2
On 9/26/2020 at 10:38 PM, sugarbaker design said:

She's been married three times, of course she's the marrying kind.  Just not the stay married kind.

Hmmm three times.  Wonder who pulled out ?   Imo, men like some quiet.  Not a chatterer.  She’s a bit too hyper for anyone.  Plus, she is not a New York girl in many ways.  Her clothes are horrible.  I do love her in movies tho.  Why does she yell so much?

• Love 2
On 9/19/2021 at 3:59 AM, Glitches said:

I think this photo is Raddix Madden, daughter of Cameron Diaz and Good Charlotte’s Benji Madden. 

“The clothes are for an old lady.  She has to rev it up with a stylist, and cut her hair a bit and curl it up.”

I agree her Drew’s wardrobe could improve. She could wear jeans every day. I know I would! 

EB8ABF16-091B-4486-B9F1-80A0F6DA716D.jpeg

Oh, thank you for that picture.  She’s adorable.  I love Cameron Diaz, and am so happy she has a good marriage.  That’s one thing I like about Drew’s show.  She has lots of friends from the movies.  I hope Adam Sandler comes on one day.  He always wears a New York or N.Y.U. Shirt on in his movies.  Thanks again.

• Love 2
On 1/8/2021 at 10:55 AM, alexa said:

I have tried again and again to briefly switch over to Drew.  This is what happens every time.  She is either introducing a celebrity or talking to them.  She starts some sentence that goes on like a 20 sentence stretch with no ending, and then finally finishes after you have no idea what she actually said. 

Yesterday she was asking Chelsea Clinton a question, and the question was more like a long sentence that never ended, while Chelsea sits there politely waiting hoping she will know the question when she hears it.  And then finally the question comes out and it was simply about being in the public eye.  I like Drew, but I think she kind of sucks at this talk show thing.  I love how she wants to be nice and flowery with her words and descriptions, but get to the freaking point.  lol  

She screams and loves everybody.  Married three times?  Wonder what happened there?  I like her in movies, but on tv, a bit too much.  She has to calm down.

• Love 1

I watched the movie “Blended” last night with Drew and Adam Sandler.  I loved it and loved both of them in this movie.  She was calm, not the regular Drew on the show.  Her clothes, hair and makeup were all beautiful.  She acted normal.  If only she would turn down the screeching and screaming, change those matronly clothes, and change her hair and make up, people would love her show.  She could be so different, and save her show.  I wish she would have Adam on the show and Jimmy Fallon.  Both in her movies.   If she didn’t have all these Hollywood stars on her show, it would be a bust.  She knows everyone.  I think she would prefer being in California more than New York.  Two different worlds.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 2
59 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Drew is giving fashion advice today?????   Hahahahaha.   Makeup too.   STOP SCREAMING !!!!

She also gives home design advice on several episodes I have seen.  I think she is confused in thinking that her brands make her an actual expert on these things, lol.  But fashion would be a funny one.... for sure!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

Drew is giving fashion advice today?????   Hahahahaha.   Makeup too.   STOP SCREAMING !!!!

Oh my gosh! I was just coming to post the same thing here. 

Those Frankenstein black 5 inch shoes today alone were a joke.

I love this site and being with you guys!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, seasons said:

Oh my gosh! I was just coming to post the same thing here. 

Those Frankenstein black 5 inch shoes today alone were a joke.

I love this site and being with you guys!

Me to, haha.  There’s plenty to talk about.  She has good guests.  Just wish she would get rid of those blouses tho.  Vests too.  If you haven’t yet, watch “Blended”.  It’s been on cable a lot lately.  She looks really pretty there.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 2

It's so hard to snark on Drew because she is such a flower child and just truly seems to love everyone. It's like trying to be mad at a puppy or something. 

But snark we must, at least for that wardrobe of hers.

Carry on.

• Love 1

It's so hard to snark on Drew because she is such a flower child and just truly seems to love everyone. It's like trying to be mad at a puppy or something. 

But snark we must, at least for that wardrobe of hers.

Carry on.

Dear God. Today she is wearing a silky pink and orange striped puffy long sleeve jump suit. With 4 inch clunky red monster heels. 

Her wardrobe is as bad as Kelly Clarkson's. Fugly.

Edited by seasons
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

What’s with the gigantic flowers she wears?  I love Drew in her movies as they are scripted, so she talks normal.  The whole show is her friends from Hollywood.  Why does she cry hysterically when they come on?  I thought she would faint when Jennifer Aniston came on.  It’s too much.  She has to calm down.

• Love 1

Monday :  Come on.  Is there anything or anyone Drew doesn’t gush or go Gaga over?  She is just too over the top with everything. Life is just rainbows and unicorns to her, or is she just putting it on.  Three times married at her age?  There must have been something she didn’t like.  I think I am repeating myself here, lol.  It’s not that I don’t love her .. but.  Who’s the guy sitting next to her everyday?

On 11/25/2020 at 10:17 PM, chenoa333 said:

I HATE RomComs but damn it I love The Wedding Singer. And I hate myself for loving it and watching it every time it's on. Which is pretty much every weekend on some random channel. 

But I like it mostly for Adam Sandler. Not so much Drew

I watch “Blended” at least once a week.  She looks normal, dresses normal, and acts normal.  I don’t like her on her show.  Too happy, too loud, terrible clothes, terrible hair.  Not a New York type at all.  Those long pleated skirts and old lady blouses .. just no. What are those gigantic flowers supposed to mean?  That she’s a flower child?

• LOL 1

I tried again today.  It’s a no go.  She loves everyone it seems.  She actually is beautiful in movies, but then on tv, comes the parted hair and fugly clothes.   If it wasn’t for all her friends coming on, the show would be a bust.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I never said she should?  There are a lot of posts here speaking about her fashion style and I'm simply joining in the conversation?

Agreed!  No reason you have to be held to a special standard, lol!  The Kelly Clarkson and Drew threads are mainly about their terrible fashion choices on their respective talk shows :-)

• Love 4