Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
falltime

"The View": Week of 9/14/2020

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Probably been posted here before, but don't you think Meghan goes after these tell-all authors so fiercely because she's aware there are former or present colleagues, assistants, "friends" of hers who could really do some damage to her?

Oh I definitely think that as well. However, I don't think the world is as interested in Meghan and her family as she'd like to believe. She wishes tons of people would think there is all this juicy scoop on her family and would jump at the chance to read it. We all wish she would go on permanent maternity leave, know all about MyFather, and the rest of her family seems pretty boring. Relax Meghan, we don't see your family going through a series of tell-alls anytime soon. 

Quote

 

It isn't asking too much for the hosts of the Outstanding Informative Talk Show to be well versed regarding how the names of prominent public figures are pronounced. 

Then again, I sorta would enjoy it if THs started pronouncing his name(s) as Tooker Carlson or Tucker Carson on camera. 

 

I agree, but I will cut sweet Sara some slack.

Now Tucker on the other hand, my nickname for him replaces that T with an F. Not the most clever or classy, but I'd say it's fitting!

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

13 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Just a reminder.  Kamala Harris herself, ON THE VIEW a while back, told us her name is pronounced COMMA lah.  She even made an air comma to illustrate.  Practice it with me.  COMMA lah.

It's just so hard when we grew up watching Kamala the Ugandan Giant!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Sunny and sara both have overdone dark eyeshadow  and fake lashes this morning. But meghan outdid them both with that sparly blue look.

Which means they are all having their makeup done either by drunks, or by professional The View makeup staff. So much for MeAgain shaming Nancy Pelosi for getting her hair done.

Edited by bannana
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, bannana said:

Which means they are all having their makeup done either by drunks, or by professional The View makeup staff. So much for MeAgain shaming Nancy Pelosi for getting her hair done.

Typical hypocritical, partisan Meghan. This is her America, and do not infringe upon her freedom! People not part of her tribe are the meanies who want to shut stuff down and the reason she couldn't buy a crib. How dare they get their hair did!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I agree, but I will cut sweet Sara some slack.

I don't.  It's inexcusable for anyone to be mispronouncing Kamala's name at this point.  I complained in the Today Show forum about Jenna Bush doing this too.  Both Sara and Jenna are sweet, kind women, and I do like them both, but if they can't remember how to say the name of a candidate for VPOTUS maybe they shouldn't be talking politics.

I expect the ladies are still doing their own hair and makeup.  Or if not, whoever did Meg's needs to be fired immediately.

  • Like 13
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I don't.  It's inexcusable for anyone to be mispronouncing Kamala's name at this point.  I complained in the Today Show forum about Jenna Bush doing this too.  Both Sara and Jenna are sweet, kind women, and I do like them both, but if they can't remember how to say the name of a candidate for VPOTUS maybe they shouldn't be talking politics.

I'm not giving Sara any slack either.

She is getting paid plenty of money and Kamala just didn't show up on TV yesterday. There is zero excuse!

Edited by OnTime
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Probably been posted here before, but don't you think Meghan goes after these tell-all authors so fiercely because she's aware there are former or present colleagues, assistants, "friends" of hers who could really do some damage to her?

Meghan isn't famous enough to warrant a tell all book written about her.  But I could totally see a website or even a Twitter thread just devoted to Meghan McCain is awful stories.

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, suomi said:

It isn't asking too much for the hosts of the Outstanding Informative Talk Show to be well versed regarding how the names of prominent public figures are pronounced. 

 

9 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I agree, but I will cut sweet Sara some slack.

 

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I don't.  It's inexcusable for anyone to be mispronouncing Kamala's name at this point.

 

10 minutes ago, OnTime said:

She is getting paid plenty of money and Kamala just didn't show up on TV yesterday. There is zero excuse!

Sara has heard Kamala pronounced the correct way for a couple years now.  Even if she reading off a teleprompter she should still be able to see the word and have her brain tell her mouth to say comma la not co mala.

 

Before she ran for president I knew who Kamala was but hadn't really heard her name spoken very often so in my mind I thought co mala. But when she was on the View and said it's comma la I have never mispronounced it since.  Sara do better.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Like 10
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

The View really needs to get some better guests.  Everybody they've had on this season so far has been terrible.  I get that they want to be the "it" political show but come on.  How many more crappy people promoting their crappy books do we need?  I mean, I guess since people aren't out promoting movies/tv shows right now they don't have many options but sheesh, do a feel good story highlighting teachers or doctors or something.  

Sidenote, I actually liked Meghan's eye shadow but as a nighttime look.  It's a bit much for the daytime but hey, it's not like there's a lot of nightlife going on right now so wear it when you can.  (My poor make-up has been rotting away since March.  Should probably start wearing some around the house before it all goes bad but I just can't muster the energy)

I work from home and have the view on in the background - each time I walked in to watch, I screamed "Meghan, its monday morning, NOT Saturday night"  I liked it too, but time and a place

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I work from home and have the view on in the background - each time I walked in to watch, I screamed "Meghan, its monday morning, NOT Saturday night"  I liked it too, but time and a place

Also it didn't go with her outfit. That color and type of eye shadow is not supposed to be worn with a blazer.  That eye shadow is not meant to be worn in professional environments.  Unless your professional environment is bartender at a dance club.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe she wore the flashy blue eye shadow as a shout out to her (alleged) legions of social media fans who (allegedly) clamor her for her makeup tips & tricks.   🙄

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Maybe she wore the flashy blue eye shadow as a shout out to her (alleged) legions of social media fans who (allegedly) clamor her for her makeup tips & tricks.   🙄

giphy.gif

  • Laugh 18

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Maybe she wore the flashy blue eye shadow as a shout out to her (alleged) legions of social media fans who (allegedly) clamor her for her makeup tips & tricks.   🙄

Hey if political pundit doesn't work out for her maybe Meghan can be a social media influencer.   Her level of qualifications for both seems about the same.

  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post

Meghan's privilege is showing. As someone who is about to give birth, you'd think she'd care more about the things that will affect her future child(ren). But alas, she doesn't.

  • Like 18
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

58 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Also it didn't go with her outfit. That color and type of eye shadow is not supposed to be worn with a blazer.  That eye shadow is not meant to be worn in professional environments.  Unless your professional environment is bartender at a dance club.

That color and type of eye shadow shouldn't be worn at all !

Another bad school day on 'The View' and all four students should be sent to detention after the show.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, Meg, that's the whole problem: everything is being politicized and it's all the other side's fault for being alarmists. Good God...

Just once I would like ANYONE to flat-out ask Meg, to her face, why she keeps defending Trump. Because her whole "as a Republican" excuse doesn't hold water...not when they keep quiet/deny when Trump repeatedly crapped on her dad and the others who have served in the military. They cared more about sticking by Trump and not McCain (Or anyone else for that matter). If someone is horrible to MY dad, they're dirt to me, end of story.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

I'm comfortable saying that MM is racist as hell.  Defending Joe Rogan?  Now he speaks for the every man?  Wow.  

ETA Now Sara wants the fucking disgusting racist Joe Rogan to do a presidential debate?  Gag me with a spoon! 

ETA 2 Chalegmane The God is a rapist and MM thinks HE asks the best questions.  Lord this show!

Edited by JayD83
  • Like 13
  • Useful 3
  • Surprise 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Meghan's privilege is showing. As someone who is about to give birth, you'd think she'd care more about the things that will affect her future child(ren). But alas, she doesn't.

I only watched this part. I had to turn it off. I'll watch later. I thought the exact same thing. As she's about to bring a child into this world you would think her mind would be on the future of this world and what kind of world her children will live in. Then I stopped and realized that I'm  forgetting who I thinking about.  Meghan unlike the other woman doesn't actually give her opinion. She is always telling us what middle America is concerned about.  So if she is concerned who knows but her team doesn't care and that is what she's sharing with us. Now the fact that she doesn't see the irony that a trust fund princess that has either lived in NYC or LA since graduating high school is telling America what "real" Americans care about, is pretty hilarious 🤷🏽‍♀️

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

35 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I guess Meghan has decided to visit the make up counter at Macy's each day, and the saleswoman is trying to sell her every single product at the counter by doing a 'full treatment' on her. She's spending a fortune on cosmetics !

And did anyone else notice in the beginning, when Joy was talking about 'climate change' and how many people Trump is 'killing', Meghan muttered something semi-audible about 'It's a Tuesday' and then rolled her eyes when Joy was talking. Such a petulant child.

I did notice and I rolled my eyes, she is a delusional over-indulgent child.  Heaven forbid somebody talks about the consequences of climate change and she is bringing a child into the world, you would think that she would be concern about how that would affect baby McCain-Domenech..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

As she's about to bring a child into this world you would think her mind would be on the future of this world and what kind of world her children will live in.

I totally agree with this.  I was talking to my niece who says she doesn't care about climate change either.  I told her that I'm 64 and it won't affect me and she is 31 so it might not affect her either but it's DEFINITELY going to affect her 3yr old.  Why people with young children don't care about climate change totally astounds me!

  • Like 12
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Blissfool said:

It's just so hard when we grew up watching Kamala the Ugandan Giant!

But Kamala's name probably comes from her Indian heritage, since her mother's name is Shyamala.  In India, most names don't accent any of the syllables more than the others.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

14 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

My goodness... Megan looks horrible today! 

Hideous!  Worse than yesterday, and yesterday was, well, awful.  She looked SO pretty before the break.  So beautiful, not harsh at all, well, until she spoke.

 

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

But Kamala's name probably comes from her Indian heritage, since her mother's name is Shyamala.  In India, most names don't accent any of the syllables more than the others.

It does, Kamala means Lotus in her mother's native language. Some people assumed her name came from her Black side of the family.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

As she's about to bring a child into this world you would think her mind would be on the future of this world and what kind of world her children will live in.

While McCain and her husband, Ben Domenech, are excited about their bundle of joy, the conservative TV personality admitted her pregnancy is "the least interesting thing I talk about all day ... if I weren't gaining weight and having all these changes in my body, I would probably forget about it ... It's sort of been a blessing and a curse ... This isn't my favorite time in the world in general."

https://www.etonline.com/meghan-mccain-shares-how-shes-able-to-balance-being-pregnant-with-co-hosting-the-view-exclusive

  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 10
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Hideous!  Worse than yesterday, and yesterday was, well, awful.  She looked SO pretty before the break.  So beautiful, not harsh at all, well, until she spoke.

 

well, she looked better before, but beautiful?  her attltude/personality pretty much makes that impossible, in my opinion

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

So, today on The View, MeAgain:

  • muttered that it was Looney Tuesday and did an eye roll, followed by a sigh, followed by another eye roll (this was at the end of Joy's comments about Trump and climate change).
  • giggled off camera when Whoopi was talking about Baskin's husband's family buying ads during DWTS because they believe she had something to do with his disappearance.
  • corrected Joy when she said the husband was missing, by saying that Baskin had fed him to the tigers.
  • once again had her make-up done by this person:

makeup GIF

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 18
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, suomi said:

While McCain and her husband, Ben Domenech, are excited about their bundle of joy, the conservative TV personality admitted her pregnancy is "the least interesting thing I talk about all day ... if I weren't gaining weight and having all these changes in my body, I would probably forget about it ... It's sort of been a blessing and a curse ... This isn't my favorite time in the world in general."

https://www.etonline.com/meghan-mccain-shares-how-shes-able-to-balance-being-pregnant-with-co-hosting-the-view-exclusive

WTF is wrong with her?  This tells me she isn't looking forward to this baby. For other people hearing about a woman's pregnancy is not interesting but for the pregnant woman herself it should be.

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, JayD83 said:

I'm comfortable saying that MM is racist as hell.  Defending Joe Rogan?  Now he speaks for the every man?  Wow.  

ETA Now Sara wants the fucking disgusting racist Joe Rogan to do a presidential debate?  Gag me with a spoon! 

ETA 2 Chalegmane The God is a rapist and MM thinks HE asks the best questions.  Lord this show!

There's a definite pattern with Meghan. I gave her benefit of the doubt because she has a sister who is of color. Meghan is so forgiving of controversial white people, not so much black and brown, especially when they're not of her tribe. I am familiar with both Joe and Charlagmane but don't know everything about them. I wonder if Sara does. I'm surprised MM would say something positive about the latter though, due to a certain pattern she has...

I'm glad Sunny brought up ugly stuff Joe's said. I've noticed there are so many anchors/commentators who are racist and still have jobs and worshiped by people like Meghan. 

2 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I guess Meghan has decided to visit the make up counter at Macy's each day, and the saleswoman is trying to sell her every single product at the counter by doing a 'full treatment' on her. She's spending a fortune on cosmetics !

And did anyone else notice in the beginning, when Joy was talking about 'climate change' and how many people Trump is 'killing', Meghan muttered something semi-audible about 'It's a Tuesday' and then rolled her eyes when Joy was talking. Such a petulant child.

I noticed that too. She'd be saying the exact same things and worse if you know who were of another party. She is not only a child, but obnoxious, bitchy, hypocritical, condescending, racist, pretty much insert negative adjective. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

I expect Meghan to support a Joe Rogan moderating a debate. But come on Sara did you completely not hear Sunny., he's a racist homophobic misogynist pig, not an every man like MM says. I know the one currently in the white house is good with JR hosting a debate but no. We have stooped so low in this country, that we forget there are things we shouldn't do just to "shake thing up'. Unbelievable. 

I heard  MM giggle about the dead husband smh. Who cares if Joy hasn't watched tiger king or whatever it's called.  Not everyone has. I started to watch and quickly said nope, I can't,  Watch this garbage. And I have been known to watch some garbage, it just looked awful. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

I don’t know who Joe Rogan is. I kept thinking they were talking about Seth Rogen and was very confused why he’d want to host a debate. And I never watched Tiger King either. 

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

WTF is wrong with her?  This tells me she isn't looking forward to this baby. For other people hearing about a woman's pregnancy is not interesting but for the pregnant woman herself it should be.

Here's the thing.  I'm pregnant right now with kiddo #3 and am about a month behind Meghan pregnancy wise.  Being pregnant during this pandemic/quarantine has made the entire thing very surreal and honestly, this is the strangest pregnancy I've ever experienced.  My doctor doesn't even touch me during most appointments and the appointments are way more spaced out than usual because they want to minimize contact.  My husband has only been to one appointment with me and my older kids weren't able to attend any of my sonograms.  We didn't share news of the pregnancy until well into the second trimester because we wanted to wait until this was all over to share (which of course ended up not happening) and honestly, there are some people that still don't know because I haven't seen or talked to them since all this began.  I'm due next month and the only thing we've bought baby-wise are a bassinet and some bottles.  With everything going on right now, it just feels weird to go out and shop and try to celebrate anything.  And while mentally I know I'm having a baby soon, a lot of the time it just doesn't feel that way because everything's been so strange.  

So yeah, with my other two pregnancies, I could tune out a lot of stuff and just be in a happy little nesting bubble but with everything going on right now in the country, plus the fact that you're pretty much homebound and socially isolated due to the pandemic, that's just not the case this time around.  So while I'm sure lots of people find Meghan's behavior strange, I can understand.  

  • Like 5
  • Useful 8
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I kept thinking they were talking about Seth Rogen and was very confused why he’d want to host a debate.

Now that would be interesting!

seth rogen birthday GIF

  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

18 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I don’t know who Joe Rogan is. I kept thinking they were talking about Seth Rogen and was very confused why he’d want to host a debate. And I never watched Tiger King either. 

I only know who Joe Rogan is because my husband watches UFC 🙄. I know he used to be an actor and because I recognize his name I have seen articles about his views he sound like a lunatic. 

I loved Pete's  smackdown of Meghan.  Interesting that just like with Sunny, Meghan tries to get the other person to agree with her point before she finishes. She said to Sunny, I think you agree with me then yammered on and on. Only to have Sunny say no I disagree lol. With Pete she went on and on about he went everywhere during his campaign and spoke all different people. So he must be on board to moving out old standards....only to have him. Explain in a very polite way why she's wrong 😄

 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I expect Meghan to support a Joe Rogan moderating a debate. But come on Sara did you completely not hear Sunny., he's a racist homophobic misogynist pig, not an every man like MM says.

Well he might be like most men Meghan knows.  Judging by the company she keeps I'm going to say she is very familiar with men like this.

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

Meg the pundint just mixed up Tom Steyer with Jay Inslee. 

I heard her say the guy who was here with the Christmas tie she’s sorry can’t remember his name but what was she saying about him? Sorry I deleted  and not up to retrieving.  She tweeted about Tom and his Christmas tie 6 times during 2016 debates so I’d think she’d know his name. 
I couldn’t love Mayor Pete more than I already do. So darn smart. She always just blathers on and on asking a question and he took twice as much time making her look foolish.  Sara is loosing me for good.  Politics has become a circus and she wants to add to it? 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Well he might be like most men Meghan knows.  Judging by the company she keeps I'm going to say she is very familiar with men like this.

That’s exactly right. And you are the company you keep. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I expect Meghan to support a Joe Rogan moderating a debate. But come on Sara did you completely not hear Sunny., he's a racist homophobic misogynist pig, not an every man like MM says. I know the one currently in the white house is good with JR hosting a debate but no. We have stooped so low in this country, that we forget there are things we shouldn't do just to "shake thing up'. Unbelievable. 

Oh good grief, Sara.  She thinks this is also going to bring in young people and get them to vote!

How does she expect the presidential debate to be taken seriously if she just thinks it is the place "shake things up"?

She has become more of a flake and she hasn't even been back two weeks.

  • Like 13
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

MeAgain's make-up today is horrific. Her cheeks are 'shining' on my tv set.

I have a theory.  I think she's stepped up her game now that Sara's back..maybe a little jelly? But done to the nines every day different hair and looks.  That blue eyeshadow yesterday was a definite no.  Way too heavy.  Would have been pretty just lightly.  Up to the comeback, she didn't give a rats ass to come to the camera in a bathrobe and turban hehe

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size