Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Nothing Like It in the World

Bort
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, paulvdb said:
11 hours ago, blackwing said:

But why then if they are the same person has it taken her 40 years to get back into Vought?

Because everybody who used to work there is now retired and there's nobody left at Vought who would recognize her as Liberty?

If Liberty was moved to a new city and had a costume and name change, I don't think anybody would recognize her, especially back in that time period. 

1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

If Liberty was moved to a new city and had a costume and name change, I don't think anybody would recognize her, especially back in that time period. 

Or she went underground/got locked away by Vought? I'm now curious if she's been laying low for 40-50 years, which means he "mutation" (for lack of a better word) means she (Supes) doesn't age or does Vought have some sort of hibernation system?

On 9/12/2020 at 1:03 PM, bosawks said:

“To fathers and sugar”, that was awesome.

Butcher making someone make that choice, that was not awesome.

Lost serious points for not knowing or using the term "Boston creme".

I could have done without seeing Elizabeth Shue's leathery old teats and that ridiculous smile that's glued to her face. I swear she even wore it during her death scene.

Anyone notice how skinny-fat Starlight is? That new costume is doing her no favors. Maybe it's her terrible posture.  Those moles are a little alarming, too.

32175808-8646827-This_weekly_talk_show_b

Edited by wrlord
  • Love 1
On 9/12/2020 at 1:17 AM, LilWharveyGal said:

I see Julia Roberts. 🤷‍♀️

After not loving it at first, I'm kind of here for the faux $cientology. Is there a Vought equivalent of Oprah's couch for The Deep to jump on?

It’s So funny how everyone thinks Becca looks like someone else. It’s like she’s a Rorschach test!

I see Meghan Markle but I also see Amanda Peet, Rachel Weisz, January Jones and Rachel Brosnahan! Interesting how she’s such a chameleon. 

Edited by SoWindsor
On 9/30/2020 at 11:22 PM, wrlord said:

Anyone notice how skinny-fat Starlight is? That new costume is doing her no favors. Maybe it's her terrible posture.  Those moles are a little alarming, too.

32175808-8646827-This_weekly_talk_show_b

I am wondering if it is going to be a plot point. They got her into their suit and now they are going to  try to make her fit the fantasy.

I think that it's pretty sad that fans still think that Becca willingly cheated on Butcher with Homelander even after she confirmed that she was raped. I watched a review on Youtube and the majority of the comments were that she had an affair and called it rape because she felt guilty for cheating. That makes zero sense to me.

• Love 2

The sense I got was that he might not have forcefully raped Becca, but she knew he was a psycho and was scared enough of what he might do if rejected to be intimidated into submitting. Would she have been aware of the people in Queen Maeve's life that mysteriously turned up dead after their breakup?

• Useful 2
(edited)
19 hours ago, Bruinsfan said:

The sense I got was that he might not have forcefully raped Becca, but she knew he was a psycho and was scared enough of what he might do if rejected to be intimidated into submitting. Would she have been aware of the people in Queen Maeve's life that mysteriously turned up dead after their breakup?

This makes a lot more sense than Becca willingly having an affair after seeing how much she obviously loved Butcher. And Homelander is far from charming so I don't see what the draw would have been with him vs her husband outside of his fame.

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Love 2