Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Taeolas

Judge Mathis

Judge Mathis is one of the longest running court shows out there. After Judge Judy, he is the longest serving court show arbitrator ever, and he is part of the 4th oldest running court show (after Judge Judy, Peoples Court and Divorce Court).

And for some reason, after the transition to PrimeTimer, he never got a new thread created. 

So here we go, a chance to talk about the Judge Mathis show, the Judge, the Bailiff and the cases. 

Apologies for the double post, but I figured I'd start things off with the new season. Season 22 started this week, with COVID restrictions in place.

The audience has been paired down to a quarter of the normal size, with everyone wearing face masks. 

The litigants are behind plexiglass barriers (would it have killed them to finish the edges of the wood holding the barriers up?). 

Judge Mathis is attending in person, with a similar barrier in front of him. Doyle is introducing the cases with a mask. And they are ready to Zoom in litigants that can't travel to attend in person as needed. 

The first cases were pretty standard fare. The paternity test case was the Zoom case, and for once it wasn't a match (seems like 1/4th of the paternity cases are not a match), which was sad for the families. Glad they could talk after the case and reaffirm that though they are not blood, they are family basically. 

Judge Mathis is a judge who encourages feelly cases, especially for family cases. So with the COVID restrictions, I'm curious to see what will happen when we get cases that usually end in family hugs. I suspect he'll still encourage it, and I'd be for it.

Anyways, it's interesting to see how the new cases roll out and all the judges are handling COVID. 

• Like 2

Thanks for making this thread. I am kind of hit or miss with Judge Mathis thanks to a standing Zoom meeting with my team members that lasts at least part of the time it is on here. I have this weeks on the DVR ready to dig into this weekend. 🙂

• Like 1

It's so strange to look at the new episodes, and see the audience wearing face shields.  

I feel so sorry for the woman in the dog attack case.      The defendant doesn't care, never will, and I only hope her landlord told her to move out, or get rid of the dog.    Another Pit Bull advocate, who doesn't care about the vicious attacks by their animals or people.  There is nothing accidental about what defendant's dog did.   

When the police class the dog as vicious and dangerous, then the landlord must be a fool to still allow that animal in their house.     Anyone who is attacked from now on should sue the landlord too. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1

Yeah, that Dog case was something else. Judge Mathis doesn't usually do dog cases, so we don't really know how he handles them. I'm glad he didn't rant about the dog breed, but tore the Defendant a new one for her denial. I only wish the plexiglass barriers weren't up because the book he threw at her bounced right off. 😞

• Like 2