Type keyword(s) to search

Season 37 Final Jeopardy Contest

saber5055
  • Start Topic

2/5 - no * (kind of mad I missed the asterisk but my brain was too busy rocketing around France to settle in time - very happy with the company/menu at the table and will happily add a few nibbles to the mix.  Also I have a really good sangria recipe if there is any extra red wine.)

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

On the other hand, I do get to sit at the Fun Table.

A big YES to that. And we thank you and welcome your good company. It's a win win at the T41!

• Love 2
(edited)

TOOT TOOT! And that trumpet, my friends, says we are ready to find out who is the Winner of Week 25. And that person is ... TOOT  TOOT! the person who TOOT TOOT DOUBLED her score from Week 24 to Week 25, the player who goes by the name of ... TOOT TOOT! ... @helpmerhonda. Yes, this player didn't just score higher, she TOOT TOOT DOUBLED her score over two weeks.

And here to commemorate this historic event is the FJ Contest Star of the Week trophy, "TWICE IS GOOD," just for helpmerhonda. Congratulations my friend, and feel free to let this honor go to your head. All you other players, buckle down and maybe YOU, yes YOU, could be Winner of Next Week.

1083297810_startrophy.jpg.2aff42012716544c738522810f1334bd.jpg

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 9

Well, my seat at the T41 is open if anyone wants it. Big old-time radio and James Bond fan. And still two days left. *sigh* At least my pre-clue-reveal guess of Dune was wrong, as was my after-clue-reveal guess of firefly. Because, well, FIREFLY! I guess I should have watched more Ashton Kucher movies.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Well, my seat at the T41 is open if anyone wants it. Big old-time radio and James Bond fan. And still two days left. *sigh* At least my pre-clue-reveal guess of Dune was wrong, as was my after-clue-reveal guess of firefly. Because, well, FIREFLY! I guess I should have watched more Ashton Kucher movies.

I pre-guessed "The Trouble with Tribbles."

• LOL 2

WEEK 26 • March 8, 2021 — ONE asterisk **
126. Radio History. A 1949 broadcast in Spanish of this drama from 11 years before caused mass panic in Ecuador & the destruction of the radio station.
127. Science Fiction. In a 1952 sci-fi story, a time traveler returning to the present finds a dead one of these insects on his shoe.
128. Literary Thrillers. The only Ian Fleming James Bond novel not told in the third person, it’s narrated by one of 007’s paramours.
129. Foreign Newspapers. Representing its outspoken tone, this newspaper founded in the 19th century has the name of a free-spirited opera character.
*130. Historic Places. 8 Pres. have visited this battle site with an Algonquian name about 50 miles from Washington; for McKinley, it was a return visit.*

• Love 1

4/5, 1 *.  

Could suggest that the Table for 4 play bridge, but I never learned.  In college there were often people playing bridge, and they seemed to be having fun.  But after a while I realized that every semester they were different people.

• Love 2

Week twenty-six: five for five with the asterisk! Woohoo!

As the week went on, I got more and more nervous, afraid there'd be a Final Jeopardy of Baseball Statistics or Pop Music Stars of the 1990s to trip me up. When Friday's category was Historic Places, I felt a bit better - I'm pretty good at history. When the clue came up . . . I just grinned. I ran a Civil War category in my game! Now I've run this week!

• Love 7

3/5 with one *.  Anyone want to suggest a food/board game theme for the table?

Two of my three this week had emotional attachments for me.  Father Grundoon was an Orson Welles fan (especially Mercury Theater) and listened to the original War of the Worlds broadcast - he always said he understood people's overreactions to the well done drama but he felt they all should have been listening from the beginning like he did and they would have avoided a lot of issues - 😄

Likewise he was the one who got me hooked on history and visiting battlefields - we would get the tape players from the National Park Services offices and drive around. He was great about explaining things to me  - as a teacher and WWII infantry vet, it fell right into his wheelhouse.  We visited Antietam several times on the drives between Michigan and Williamsburg - Hagerstown was often a last stop on the way down or a first stop on the way home.  Mother Grundoon and I had planning a spring 2020 trip that included a stop in the area - she wasn't as big a battlefield fan but she was willing to indulge me for sentiment's sake.   

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Grundoon59 said:

3/5 with one *.  Anyone want to suggest a food/board game theme for the table?

I am an infrequent visitor to the Table for 3 so I don't want to push myself forward - but, I would like to play Clue. I am not sure what kind of food goes with that - maybe some "mystery" meat sandwiches😄

• LOL 3
  • Love 1