Type keyword(s) to search

S29: Charles Oakley: Quickstepping With a Legend

• Start Topic

Charles Oakley is a basketball legend and one of the most beloved Knicks players of all time. The ninth overall pick in the first round of the 1985 NBA Draft, Oakley went on to play 19 years in the NBA, 10 of which were with the New York Knicks – and all 10 of which the Knicks made the playoffs. Oakley was named to the NBA All-Star Game and the NBA All-Defensive First Team in 1994. He was also named to the NBA All-Rookie Team in 1986 and the NBA All-Defensive Second Team in 1998. As a power forward, he ranked as one of the best rebounders in the NBAand was known for his tough defense, such that he is often referred to as "The Enforcer." Most importantly, he was beloved by his teammates and always respected by his fellow competitors. Oakley is now a player and coach for the Killer 3s in the NBA Big3 Basketball League. Alongside his playing and coaching, Oakley's dedication to giving back to the community and passion for cooking led him to start the Charles Oakley Foundation, a nonprofit organization that is focused on helping impoverished and underprivileged communities through direct impact projects with the mission to #OakOutHunger. He has long been an advocate for the cause of hunger relief and has cooked and served thousands of meals as a part of the Foundation's 2020 Feed America Campaign.

Dancing with Emma Slater.

1 hour ago, Kromm said:

So someone who's watched this show more consistently than me... has any contestant this tall ever ACTUALLY been a good dancer?

The only basketball player that done somewhat well was Red Fox back in season 11 but he isnt extremely tall like most basketball players that have been on thes how so he didnt look too bad.

• Love 1

I hate that Tyra talked so much in between dances that the judges were rushed and Charles didn’t get a proper farewell moment.  He certainly deserved one — anyone eliminated does.  He is so tall — this did not come easily to him, but wow, I respect him for getting on national TV and trying!  Boo on Tyra.

Sure wish Carol had gone instead of Charles.  I have a big, big problem with her being on the show and it made me sad that Derek chose to save her over Charles.

• Love 5

Last week I did the dances-only on youtube thing the next day. This week, I thought, "Oh well, I'll give it a chance."  Watched the first five minutes.

Nope.

Back to youtube for me. I want to watch dancing with the stars, not prancing by the host.

• Love 5