Type keyword(s) to search

S29: AJ McLean: Backstreet's Back...to the Ballroom!

• Start Topic

For 27 years, AJ McLean has been a part of the Backstreet Boys, one of the most successful groups in music history. He may be a legend of the '90s boyband era, but McLean has always been a cultural vanguard. A multiple award-winning and GRAMMY®-nominated performer, McLean has continually delivered the finest pop music one has to offer – tightly crafted songs, floor-shaking rhythms and unmistakable harmonies – making him one of pop's most influential performers. Along with the other members, McLean received a star on the legendary Hollywood Walk of Fame, performed for the president of the United States, and made an unforgettable appearance in the Seth Rogen hit film "This Is The End," which earned the guys a Best Musical Moment award at the MTV Movie Awards. McLean's work with BSB has gone gold and platinum in 46 countries; the group's first nine albums all debuted in the Top 10 on the Billboard Top 100, and the Los Angeles Times recently raved "the Boys' talents … will survive almost any pop-culture apocalypse."

Dancing with Cheryl Burke.

• Love 1

AJ is another one I hope goes far in the series....I am a metal head and not a fan of pop music BUT...I always liked his rocker type look with the goatee and tatts.  He didn't have the typical cookie cutter boy band look.  But he could be another Drew Lachey...and win it...I'd be ok with it 🙂 

• Love 4
On 9/14/2020 at 6:36 PM, madpsych78 said:

Was AJ the strongest dancer on BSB? I thought I read that somewhere. I remember Nick Carter stating he wasn't one of the stronger dancers.

I don’t know if he was one of BSB’s strongest dancers or not, but I can tell you that he was their sexiest!  I’m old enough to be his mama, but I took my daughter to their concert in Memphis in 1999, and neither one of us could take our eyes off of him.  He was smoking hot!!!

• LOL 1

I think AJ was one of the better dancers from the group.  He always stood out at concerts, like a natural performer.  Brian was definitely the weakest dancer.  Kevin was solid, better than Howie and Nick imo...he was a ballroom instructor before joining BSB.  Would be cool to see him compete on DWTS, but highly unlikely. 

• Love 2