Type keyword(s) to search

Jeopardy! Season 37 (2020-2021)

Athena
  • Start Topic

50 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I said Pontiac.  Probably not a household name, but I learned to drive on my parents' and then my first 3 cars were all Pontiacs.  So, that explains my answer.

I also said Pontiac, with confidence, at first. Then I remembered that the car I drove for 15 years (just got a new car a week ago) was a 2005 Pontiac. So I did realize fairly quickly that Pontiac was wrong due to the 2004 year. Having said that, I did not come up with the correct answer.

• Love 1

The Hamilton TS was quite a surprise (what wasn't a surprise was their Oh, duh! reaction to the answer being revealed) and "miles to go before I sleep" an absolute stunner.  With the latter, the other two must have gotten befuddled trying to think back on what exactly Max said to figure out where he went wrong, but I'm still surprised neither of them got it.

Biding and bidding kind of surprised me as a TS, but then I thought about it being the first clue chosen in that category, and sometimes it takes contestants a beat to get going in those kinds of categories.

To the surprise of absolutely no one, I was terrible in the Bible category, only correctly guessing one (the first one).  I wasn't expecting to do particularly well in the dressmaker category, but got all but the last one.  I also missed one in back to the game.  I ran the other three first round categories.

I wish they'd finished the newer words and phrases category in DJ, as I was excited to be running a category about what the kids today are saying.  I was also running the lab category, and think I'd have continued to do well there.  I ran snooze clues, and only missed one each in the other three.

I was doing so well, but I didn't get FJ.  Every American automaker I thought of didn't seem right, and Oldsmobile didn't come to me in time, so I didn't have an answer.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Got the TS of Hamilton (I can't believe that was at TS!)

How many know the author of the book Lin Manuel Miranda bought in that airport bookstore, raise your hand.

Alrighty then.

My thought after FJ was revealed: "What, they don't make Oldsmobiles anymore?"

I drove an Oldsmobile 442 all through college and years afterward. It looked very sporty pulling my two-horse trailer to shows. I rebuilt the carburetor and replaced the exhaust system myself. It was a sweet car, and a dude magnet.

ETA: Shout out to our William & Mary alumni on this thread!

Edited by saber5055
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

How many know the author of the book Lin Manuel Miranda bought in that airport bookstore, raise your hand.

Alrighty then.

Me. I thought that was incredibly easy. Ron Chernow is a very well known author. It sold over 1 million copies after the musical became a hit.

Edited by Cotypubby
  • Love 3

My daughter and I actually had enough time to exclaim "miles to go before I sleep!" and then remark to each other "not many!" and then express our amazement to each other that neither of the other contestants rang in with "miles to go before I sleep" after the incorrect "many miles to go before I sleep." I guess we're pretty quick? LOL

In the Bible category I was yelling "Ruth! Ruth! Ruth!" at the TS, which simultaneously impressed and amused my daughter.
She was even more impressed when I yelled "John! John! John!" at the other TS.
But then, like Ellen, I wrongly said "Exodus" for the DD. "Tribes are counted" should have clued us in. 

My daughter cheered me on at my other few correct answers. 
I am not going to let her see how well y'all do!

My daughter nearly ran the Game category, as I would have expected. (She apparently got the Love of Sports gene from my mom and my mom's father, heh.)

6 hours ago, Bastet said:

Biding and bidding kind of surprised me as a TS, but then I thought about it being the first clue chosen in that category, and sometimes it takes contestants a beat to get going in those kinds of categories.

Yes, and there was something about Anderson Cooper's explanation of the "D Plus" category that left me confused, but I already erased the episode, so I'll have to maybe catch it on a rerun in a year unless it's floating around on a YouTube snippet somewhere.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

That wasn't the only way of arriving at the answer; knowing who was the subject of a 2015 Broadway musical popular enough to be asked about on J! was probably the easier route to take.  The contestants' shared (at least two of three; I'd have to watch a recording to know for sure) Damn, of course; I should have come up with that reaction to the response to that $800 clue being revealed after stumping all of them speaks to the fact it going unanswered was unexpected.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, zoey1996 said:

No, if I’m not mistaken, Harvard was chartered before William & Mary. However, the Wren Building is the oldest university building in the US, and it’s still in use.

Any Bible reference to Jesus is always New Testament, so definitely not Old Testament Exodus. I didn’t know which book, so I wouldn’t have gotten it, but I was pretty sure it was Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John.

Another asterisk and correct FJ for me tonight!

William and Mary became a university before Harvard did.

• Useful 2

This was my first real look at Anderson Cooper as host; I had a meeting Monday night and last night's show was largely pre-empted by the POTUS and VP's speeches on the Chauvin verdict. He's not bad, but he can be a bit slow to declare someone correct, thus slowing up the game.

The champ was impressive; I felt bad for Max, who seemed very nervous. I was excited when he started to build some momentum with that geography category, but then he lost the points again.

I knew Ruth and John but would have said Exodus for the DD in the Bible category. I also was surprised about no one's guessing Hamilton.

I would never have connected Oldsmobile with "household name." Maybe because of this song? I said Chevrolet because of that "American Pie" line "Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry."

• Love 4
6 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Yes, and there was something about Anderson Cooper's explanation of the "D Plus" category that left me confused, but I already erased the episode, so I'll have to maybe catch it on a rerun in a year unless it's floating around on a YouTube snippet somewhere.

He said the response is 2 words, one with one d, one with 2 ds.  Honestly, I think that is exactly how Alex would have explained it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I drove an Oldsmobile 442 all through college and years afterward. It looked very sporty pulling my two-horse trailer to shows.

We pulled my horse trailer to horse shows with an Oldsmobile Delta 88 with a special shock system in the rear. It was a great and comfortable car and I learned to drive in one. 
  I came up with Ruth (don’t ask how I pulled that one out of my brain), Miles to go before I sleep, armor, and even with all my memories of Oldsmobiles I didn’t come up with it. I was stuck trying to think of a discontinued kitchen appliance. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I didn’t come up with it. I was stuck trying to think of a discontinued kitchen appliance.

Because he said household name, I thought it was supposed to be something you used in the house, when I couldn't quickly think of anything I said Xerox, then realized Michigan probably meant it was a car.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I do, but I work for a seller of books.

6 hours ago, Bastet said:

That wasn't the only way of arriving at the answer; knowing who was the subject of a 2015 Broadway musical popular enough to be asked about on J! was probably the easier route to take. 

But this got me there first.

8 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I didn't get the first clue because I didn't fully catch the second part and also hadn't quite processed the rules of the category yet. I was just being a little slow and/or distracted at that moment.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Browncoat said:

William and Mary became a university before Harvard did.

I see.  I was looking at just when they began, not when they went from college to university. The more you know...

• Love 2
13 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Actually kept score tonight...

Round 1 - Got all the Schools and missed only one Dressmaker; Didn't get any TS but I did get the missed DD of Numbers. 60% for the round.

Round 2 - Got all the Page to Stage and Snooze Clues. Got the TS of Hamilton (I can't believe that was at TS!), "miles to go before I sleep," and also got the human genome DD. 80% for the round (what they got to, anyway; very annoyed they left five clues behind, especially since three of them were in a science category).

Final - They probably wouldn't have accepted "some kind of car"...

68% for the game.

I got all the Page to Stage and Snooze Clues as well. As for FJ, I decided the date had something to do with cars - but I'm a dunce when it comes to cars. All I care about is that it has four wheels, is comfortable, and gets me where I'm going. So I said Chevy. The mister gave me a little shade "it's so easy!" And then got it wrong. hee hee

12 hours ago, zoey1996 said:

Any Bible reference to Jesus is always New Testament, so definitely not Old Testament Exodus. I didn’t know which book, so I wouldn’t have gotten it, but I was pretty sure it was Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John.

I figured it was a one in four chance, so I said Mark. Oh well.

9 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Hand raised. Had a brain blip though, and didn't get to the answer before the mister.

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

He said the response is 2 words, one with one d, one with 2 ds.  Honestly, I think that is exactly how Alex would have explained it.

And I would have misunderstood it with him. :(

• Love 2

Knew Olds right away---my second car was an Olds Achieva, which I drove for over 20 years. The Achieva model was replaced by the Alero (which shows up quite often in crosswords as "the last Olds model"). I did, however, always think of it as 2005, not 2004. Would "Olds" (instead of "Oldsmobile"), been acceptable? For that matter, what about "Chevy" instead of "Chevolet"?

• Love 2

I said Pontiac too.  I console myself that it's in the right neighborhood--a discontinued GM brand.  I couldn't remember exactly when they stopped making Pontiacs.  Turns out to have been a few years after they stopped making Oldsmobiles.  As Katy M says, "Michigan" was probably the clue that they were asking about a car brand.

I think Anderson Cooper is probably the best guest host so far, which isn't really surprising considering his years of experience talking on camera and interviewing people.  I attribute his hesitancy in accepting or rejecting responses--something that several of the guest hosts have had--to wanting to be sure he's not making a mistake.  I'm hopeful that people will get over that with experience.  Alex had years of experience in knowing just what variations were probably acceptable and which ones weren't.  It probably takes time to develop that sense.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

I got all the Page to Stage and Snooze Clues as well. As for FJ, I decided the date had something to do with cars - but I'm a dunce when it comes to cars. All I care about is that it has four wheels, is comfortable, and gets me where I'm going. So I said Chevy. The mister gave me a little shade "it's so easy!" And then got it wrong. hee hee

lol

That's pretty much my criteria for cars, too. I drive a 2018 Hyundai Elantra, which will be paid off in the next 6 months (probably less, actually). It's my fourth Elantra (one owned for 10 years, two leased, and then I bought this one), because I like the car, I like the dealer/service people, and I don't have the mental bandwith to go car shopping when I'm satisfied with what I know. (Though sometimes I wish I had kept the GT I leased. I kinda miss the hatchback sometimes.)

I figured it had to be a car because of Michigan and the phrase "rolled off the assembly line" but I couldn't tell you what major car brand has been discontinued in the last 20 years.

• Love 1

Way back the previous century, there was a tagline "It's not your father Oldsmobile" to hawk a new model of the car. I actually inherited my father's Oldsmobile and was very sad when no one got the joke.

For a few years there was a Tivoli ("it's a miniature world!") along the QEW somewhere between St. Catharines and Toronto.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

All I care about is that it has four wheels, is comfortable, and gets me where I'm going.

Ditto.  And isn't a rust bucket.

I felt badly for Max, the tutor, not making it to FJ.

I got the ts's or missed DDs of biding/bidding, Ruth, "miles to go before I sleep", and armor - I did not include "body" but I figure armor was good enough on its own.

I was pretty sure FJ was a car but I couldn't come up with anything.  So I said Model T, thinking Ford still had a line somewhere cranking out those old autos, for collectors or something. I didn't know Oldsmobiles weren't made anymore. I was thinking we had a fairly recent one but it turns out ours was a Buick, which they still make.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Trey said:

I did not include "body" but I figure armor was good enough on its own.

Me, too. The clue referred to "knights of yore" and I've never heard their armor referred to as "body armor."

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Katy M said:
10 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Expand  

Yes, but dear Alex’s explanations often left me clueless too. 
On NPR's Weekend Edition Sunday Puzzle, I think Will Shortz would have phrased it something like:   
“Each answer [question] consists of two words, the first word containing 1 D, the second word being formed by doubling the D.  
“For example…”

Who writes the text explaining the rules to those kinds of clue categories?  
Is it the host? Or the writers?

• Love 2

I think they should start requiring first and last names, when the answer is a person.  For some reason last night was really jarring to me when the champ kept just saying the last name, and then Anderson filled in the whole name.  There could be someone else with the surname "Jay" in NY who the champ was thinking of, right?  And also, it should just be a requirement to know the first and last names.  

• Love 2

I don't recognize the champ from any of the stuff listed on his IMDb page, but he's bound to have been in some commercials because he looks SO familiar.

I don't know why Anderson's delivery of the clues continues to be off-putting to me, but it is.  

• Love 4

my second car was an Olds Achieva

AKA the Under-Achieva, LOL

FJ was a total instaget, considering where I live and what I do for a living :),  and so far so good with Anderson Cooper. The pauses are a bit annoying and he seems to feel obliged to add some info to every answer, but otherwise I think he's doing a decent job. 

• Love 3

Always a treat to hear W&M as a clue/answer.  So many happy memories for this proud grad!  My favorite Harvard vs. William and Mary moment is from the musical 1776 when Adams and Jefferson are debating whether inalienable rights should be used in the Declaration.  Adams tries to win the point with announcing he was a Harvard grad.  Jefferson shoots back that he attended William and Mary to considerable response from the other delegates and Adams backs down. 

As a native Michigander, I was pleased to get FJ - I was pretty sure it had be GM since it was the Lansing plant mentioned and somewhere from the dim recesses of my brain, Oldsmobile bubbled up. 

Edited by Grundoon59
Don't know where my grammar brain went while I was typing
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, GreekGeek said:

I would never have connected Oldsmobile with "household name." Maybe because of this song? I said Chevrolet because of that "American Pie" line "Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry."

And that reminded me of the Dinah Shore Show where every week she sang: "See the USA in your Chev-roh-lay ..." Oldsmobile wasn't a household name at my house, even when I drove one. Studebaker was our family car growing up. I grabbed Rolls Royce out of the air for my FJ answer. I try to stay classy.

4 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

The mister gave me a little shade

Wasn't "shade" part of a Pop Words category not too long ago? Nice to see you are being hep to the scene, Clan.

Anderson's hesitation (and that of other guest hosts) before declaring an answer right or not might be he is waiting for confirmation from the judges via an earpiece. These new guys wouldn't be as confident as Mr. Trebek was after all his years hosting and studying every day's clues so thoroughly.

Edited by saber5055
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Wasn't "shade" part of a Pop Words category not too long ago? Nice to see you are being hep to the scene, Clan.

It was the $400 clue in NEWER WORDS & PHRASES last night. (Which they didn't finish.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

And that reminded me of the Dinah Shore Show where every week she sang: "See the USA in your Chev-roh-lay ..." Oldsmobile wasn't a household name at my house, even when I drove one. Studebaker was our family car growing up. I grabbed Rolls Royce out of the air for my FJ answer. I try to stay classy.

Anderson's hesitation (and that of other guest hosts) before declaring an answer right or not might be he is waiting for confirmation from the judges via an earpiece. These new guys wouldn't be as confident as Mr. Trebek was after all his years hosting and studying every day's clues so thoroughly.

Yes it was. I have millennial daughters, so I check with them when I don't understand something. But always feel free to adopt the ones I like, even if they cringe.

• Love 1

I did feel sorry for Max, watching him circle the drain at the end.  He lost heart, I think.  It seems to me it's been months since someone didn't make it to the end.

Michigan got me thinking about longtime car makes and I got to Oldsmobile pretty quickly, although not with any real degree of certainty.  Whether or not I had a personal connection, and in this case I didn't, I like a sense of connection to the past and would prefer to keep all these, well, old brands around.

I did not know that Chernow wrote the biography upon which "Hamilton" was based, although "a recent musical based on a historical figure, and it's only in the second box" should have clued me in.  I feel like I have been hearing about the show much longer than six years.  I think I've said before that I think it's an important work, just not to my taste.

I enjoyed the W&M mention too.  In my group chat with dear friends who all went there, someone commented there were more hints this time than last time, when I think the desired answer was the monarchs rather than the school.  Two of them became engaged in the Wren Building, speaking of it!

Any Old Testament book was out, but while knowing Jesus' miracles are in the Gospels is fairly elementary, I thought remembering which specifically had Lazarus' resurrection was a little tough for the middle box.  The trick I was taught, over 13 years of Catholic education, was that if we're talking about just one Gospel that is different from the others, it's John: the others are "synoptic," but John diverges in structure and narrative.

I still find that pretty obscure.  With exceptions for things that have seeped into broad consciousness, or high level inquiry into what people believe around the world, I think I would prefer a shift away from treating fine details of religious texts as "general knowledge" for trivia.  It's really just the Bible, of course: we don't get a category every few weeks on the Hadith or Vedas.  I'm not "offended" or similar, it just strikes me odd.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, zoey1996 said:

I should've known that, but I stink at bible clues mostly.

I guessed Oldsmobile based on Michigan, but didn't really think it was correct.

16 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I got it right because I know the book.  I worked at Borders when it came out and gave a copy of it to my best friend for Christmas.  I cannot stand Lin Manuel Miranda, so I wouldn't have known he was inspired by Chernow's biography; good thing I didn't need to know that.

16 hours ago, Cotypubby said:

Me. I thought that was incredibly easy. Ron Chernow is a very well known author. It sold over 1 million copies after the musical became a hit.

It sold a crap ton of copies before that, too.  It was a non-fiction bestseller.

15 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

In the Bible category I was yelling "Ruth! Ruth! Ruth!" at the TS, which simultaneously impressed and amused my daughter.
She was even more impressed when I yelled "John! John! John!" at the other TS.
But then, like Ellen, I wrongly said "Exodus" for the DD. "Tribes are counted" should have clued us in. 

I got Ruth and Genesis - two of the few books of the bible I know, and completely biffed on John.  I rarely remember that there's a book named Numbers.

9 hours ago, GreekGeek said:

I remember the commercials back in the late 80s with the tag line "Not your father's Oldsmobile".  GM was desperately trying to convince people that Oldsmobile wasn't an old fart car.  Which it totally was.  And that ad campaign alienated a lot of traditional Olds buyers while not really attracting new buyers; a lot of advertising experts think it played a huge part in killing off the brand.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

GM was desperately trying to convince people that Oldsmobile wasn't an old fart car.

My 442 with duel carb/duel exhaust was def NOT an "old fart" car.

442.jpg.87636c74971d4e9d665b7a00bb909cea.jpg

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, 853fisher said:

With exceptions for things that have seeped into broad consciousness, or high level inquiry into what people believe around the world, I think I would prefer a shift away from treating fine details of religious texts as "general knowledge" for trivia.  It's really just the Bible, of course: we don't get a category every few weeks on the Hadith or Vedas.  I'm not "offended" or similar, it just strikes me odd.

Your post got a "like" from me because of the above paragraph. I'll add this: NO KIDDING. I'd be glad to get rid of all Bible-related categories.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

I remember the commercials back in the late 80s with the tag line "Not your father's Oldsmobile".  GM was desperately trying to convince people that Oldsmobile wasn't an old fart car.  Which it totally was.  And that ad campaign alienated a lot of traditional Olds buyers while not really attracting new buyers; a lot of advertising experts think it played a huge part in killing off the brand.

I think it was the name "Oldsmobile" that (subliminally?) influenced people into thinking it was an "old fart car", rather than anything fogeyish about the car itself. In the late 60's they made ads calling it a "Youngmobile." See the first minute here.

• Love 2

I forgot to say that I was tickled to see the designer Travilla mentioned in the clue about Marilyn's "Seven Year Itch" dress.  I was just reading about his wife, the actress Dona Drake, earlier this week.  It was after the "Morocco leather" clue made me want to remember who was in "Road to Morocco" other than, of course, Bing, Bob, and Dorothy.  Dona was the second-billed female in that one.  She was 3/4 African-American but claimed to be Mexican and played Middle Eastern and other "ethnic" roles most of the time.  Thank goodness the entertainment industry has made progress away from that kind of pigeonholing.  I think she was an exciting actor and a stunning beauty.  Anyway, I always appreciate when the show makes me learn something and then pumps that back into a future clue, however obliquely (since you didn't need to know anything about Travilla to answer "whose dress got blown over her head in a movie").

Just now, saber5055 said:

Your post got a "like" from me because of the above paragraph. I'll add this: NO KIDDING. I'd be glad to get rid of all Bible-related categories.

From your lips to God's...well, maybe that doesn't work here. ;)

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, ErinV said:

There could be someone else with the surname "Jay" in NY who the champ was thinking of, right? 

Not really, in this case. 
The category was: “THEY NAMED A SCHOOL FOR ME”   
And the clue was: “Fittingly in New York, there's a college of criminal justice named for this first Chief Justice of the U.S.”

(BTW, I was just yelling “Jay! Jay! Jay!” 
although I did know it was John Jay.)

I’m guessing Anderson’s acceptance of just “Jay” was based on:

3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Anderson's hesitation (and that of other guest hosts) before declaring an answer right or not might be he is waiting for confirmation from the judges via an earpiece

In time he would hopefully start using Alex’s typical response of, “Yes, John Jay” unless a BMS is necessary ——which it was not in this category and with this clue. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, GreekGeek said:

I think it was the name "Oldsmobile" that (subliminally?) influenced people into thinking it was an "old fart car", rather than anything fogeyish about the car itself. In the late 60's they made ads calling it a "Youngmobile." See the first minute here.

Most of the ones I saw were in what I call old people colors: tan, gold, brown, and were pretty squarish.  But I admit to that being an extremely small sample to judge by.  Yes, the name completely screams "old fart".

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

Most of the ones I saw were in what I call old people colors: tan, gold, brown, and were pretty squarish.  But I admit to that being an extremely small sample to judge by.  Yes, the name completely screams "old fart".

Taking to Small Talk.

5 hours ago, TaraS1 said:

I don't recognize the champ from any of the stuff listed on his IMDb page, but he's bound to have been in some commercials because he looks SO familiar.

I don't know why Anderson's delivery of the clues continues to be off-putting to me, but it is.  

I get the show pretty early here so on today’s show he said he's been making a living doing commercials for 12 years. Isn’t he the guy who’s in those Voya commercials for financial planning? 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, HelenBaby said:

I get the show pretty early here so on today’s show he said he's been making a living doing commercials for 12 years. Isn’t he the guy who’s in those Voya commercials for financial planning? 

I haven't heard of Voya (or financial planning, if you were to look at my accounts), but I too have felt like I recognize him, although I haven't seen any of his IMDB credits.  I found a CV, but his commercial credits are available only by request.  How very thoughtless.

In the same vein as "not your father's Oldsmobile," some Googling suggests he did one of the "Dr Rick keeps you from turning into your parents" commercials for Progressive that have been all over.  Supposedly he's the guy on the left here, where they're at the home improvement store trying not to comment on the passerby's blue hair.  I can see it.

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 2.57.01 PM-min.png

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

Since I'll be watching something else tonight, I just checked the archive.  I thought not being able to see the video in the whales category was going to be a problem, but it turned out not to be (I still missed one, but I don't think video would have helped). 

The arroz con pollo TS surprised me; I correctly guessed it based on "named for its two ingredients" so for three people also looking at a picture of it not to come up with it was unexpected.

I only ran lunch in the first round, but I only missed one each in the other categories, so it wasn't too bad.  In DJ, I also only ran one category - surprisingly, it was mythological idioms.  I missed three in historical places, two each in initials and premiere episodes, and one each in odd numbers and pickers.

FJ was an instaget, which was particularly nice after not even having a guess the previous two nights.

• Love 2

FJ was an instaget.

I got the missed clues of arroz con pollo, Solomon islands, Anjou and the face that launched 1000 ships.

So-so night.  Couple boneheaded answers, though. I said JJ Wyatt instead of JJ watt and hassock instead of cassock.  I need a game show called close enough.

• LOL 3

Instaget FJ for me tonight.  

I also got the TS of arroz con pollo and taverna.  

Wow -- when a new reply is posted, that poster's avatar shows up really really big at the bottom of my screen. 

• Love 2

Was at my parents' house so I couldn't keep score in real time. I felt like I was doing well so I checked the archive...maybe not as well as I thought. 

Round 1: Ran Tribute Bands and missed one each in Foreign Words & Phrases and Whales (might have been helped a little by the fact that the news ended with a segment on the whales right before the game); got the TS of arroz con pollo. Score: 70%

Round 2: Got all the Fictional Pickers and no Places in History; got TS of How to Get Away with Murder. Score: 53%.

Final: Nope. Total score: 61%

Sad Mike lost. I liked him.

2 hours ago, HelenBaby said:

Isn’t he the guy who’s in those Voya commercials for financial planning? 

Maybe (but I couldn't find it). He definitely looks familiar, and it's not from anything on his IMDB page.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, 853fisher said:

I found a CV, but his commercial credits are available only by request.  How very thoughtless.

I saw that, too. How dare he not list all 70 commercials so random Jeopardy-watchers can figure out where they've seen him before!

39 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

Wow -- when a new reply is posted, that poster's avatar shows up really really big at the bottom of my screen. 

They're still working out some glitchiness....

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Browncoat said:

I hope you enjoy my dog face looking back at you all big and everything.

Shout out to my Prison Break peeps, we were the $2000 clue today. I miss you guys.

31 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

They're still working out some glitchiness....

How dare you call me "some glitchiness."

• LOL 7
17 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I hope you enjoy my dog face looking back at you all big and everything.

Sadly, sometimes it only shows the top of the avatar at the bottom of my screen (but it's covering up the notification bar so I don't know what it's trying to tell me) so I only saw the top of your dog head.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2