Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Athena

Jeopardy! Season 37 (2020-2021)

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Trey said:

porcupine seemed a very odd answer.

Well, it DOES have pork in it.

Tonight I got Barney Miller and George M Cohan. FJ came to me quickly. I might have gotten consumption/TB if I was paying attention to the clue, but my mind wandered away.

I hadn't heard of blue zones.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

When I saw the FJ category I was all like HOLY CATS I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, FINALLY! Then I right away thought, I'd better get this right or my street cred is gone, baby, gone. I instantly answered Saint Bernard, then thought hey, what about the Bernese Mountain Dog, it's from Switzerland. The Greater Swiss Mountain Dog is too, but it's a newer breed than the Berner. And the Berner is too obscure for this show, so Saint Bernard it is. "Whew."

Side note: After Disney's Beethoven came out, everyone was buying Saints and the breed became seriously over bred and in terrible condition, physically and mentally. That was 1992 and the breed only started getting healthy again a few years ago. The same thing happened to Dalmatians after Disney's 101 Dalmatians. I considered myself lucky my breeds were/are not in a Disney movie.

Another side note: An ex used to breed/show Saints. One of his dogs was the sire of the Saint in the movie Cujo. You can take that down whatever road you wish.

I got Barney Miller even though I never watched that show, consumption (ha ha, "I got consumption" she said) and (hazardous) waste. And yet another Canada clue was a TS, the CN Tower in Toronto. Poor Alex.

Speaking of Alex, he had a look on his face like "This is the dumbest dumbass FJ category we've ever had" when he announced it before the break. It was like he was going to burst out into laughter, it was such a dreck category.

Edited by saber5055
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Who had Alex down as a Billie Eilish fan? 😉  She seems so ubiquitous in some of my circles these days that it's hard to believe she made it big only last year.  Perhaps it seems longer because 2020 has been so very long.  Anyway, I often learn something from these music categories, and don't mind a clip or two when the rest is moved along so we don't miss clues.  I had a good laugh at "Who is Will Hunting?" "Good." which I'd like to believe Alex did on purpose.

I'm not sure I would've been very brave in FJ, but I got it immediately too.  I have rescue cats but like dogs and all animals, although most of my friends' are mutts.  The workshop of Charles Looff carved some sweet St Bernards in the "golden age" of the American carousel.  A few others did dogs too, but his are my favorite.  I enjoy visiting these in Pawtucket RI. 125 years old!

Alex talking about World Pancreatic Cancer Day really got me too.  OT, but shortly before dinner I learned of the passing over a year ago of someone who was dear to me in college.  I've often thought, why don't I write Dymph a letter and see how she is?  For one reason or another I always put it off, and now it's too late.  I'm sure nobody is here for contemplations of mortality or my maudlin reminders to seize opportunities to reach out, but do it, don't put it off!  I miss her, but she lived a wonderful life.

Finally, I heard from one of the folks I "made" watch the show with me when I visited recently.  He and his girlfriend are watching daily now.  One or two people at a time, we can convert the few remaining people who aren't yet in the club.  Onward!

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, peeayebee said:

Well, it DOES have pork in it.

Tonight I got Barney Miller and George M Cohan. FJ came to me quickly. I might have gotten consumption/TB if I was paying attention to the clue, but my mind wandered away.

I hadn't heard of blue zones.

Are you referencing a classic Family Feud bad answer: 

Steve Harvey: Fill in the blank: Pork...

Contestant: -upine.

Barney Miller was one of my favorite shows back in the day. Too bad it was "before [the contestants'] time." I find myself thinking of lines from it often. One that I continually recall nowadays is "At least we don't have locusts", said by Nick Yemana. I also knew George M. Cohan thanks to Yankee Doodle Dandy, the classic James Cagney movie.

I heard about "blue zones" thanks to this place.

I wasn't aware of Pancreatic Cancer Day, but now I am.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I should have gotten hazardous waste, but I thought they wanted something more specific and less obvious than just “waste”.  I said chemicals for that one.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, saber5055 said:

When I saw the FJ category I was all like HOLY CATS I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, FINALLY!

When I saw the FJ category, the first thing I thought was "@SABER5055 is going to nail this!"

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

14 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I missed consumption/TB -- I said plague.

The FJ category was made for @saber5055!

When it came up I said to my husband "Saber's going to love this." And he was "who?"

12 hours ago, peeayebee said:

Well, it DOES have pork in it.

Tonight I got Barney Miller and George M Cohan. FJ came to me quickly. I might have gotten consumption/TB if I was paying attention to the clue, but my mind wandered away.

I hadn't heard of blue zones.

I missed it despite knowing about blue zones, attending a Blue Zones project event, and tasked with providing the public with information regarding the local organization. I blame dozing off in micro seconds all during the show. But I did perk up enough to get FJ right.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, saber5055 said:

When I saw the FJ category I was all like HOLY CATS I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, FINALLY!

We all knew you'd come thru.

 

9 hours ago, 853fisher said:

The workshop of Charles Looff carved some sweet St Bernards in the "golden age" of the American carousel.  A few others did dogs too, but his are my favorite.  I enjoy visiting these in Pawtucket RI. 125 years old!

Ooooo. Those are fantastic.

 

5 hours ago, GreekGeek said:

Are you referencing a classic Family Feud bad answer: 

Steve Harvey: Fill in the blank: Pork...

Contestant: -upine.

😄 but, no. It's just that the clue was about pig fish, so that's why I thought he said PORK-cupine.

 

Quote

Barney Miller was one of my favorite shows back in the day. Too bad it was "before [the contestants'] time." I find myself thinking of lines from it often. One that I continually recall nowadays is "At least we don't have locusts", said by Nick Yemana.

I  loved Barney Miller, too. I always crack up when I think of Yemana feeling the effects of the hash brownies. "Mushie mushie." Barney Miller scenes.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, 853fisher said:

I had a good laugh at "Who is Will Hunting?" "Good." which I'd like to believe Alex did on purpose.

That went totally over my head, but yes, I am positive Alex said that on purpose. Nice catch.

I didn't need the video clip of Billie Eilish to know that answer. It staggers me to think how she went from nobody to the No. 1 singer in America in less than a year while others more talented (or just as talented) are confined to obscurity forever.

I am so sorry about your friend, @853fisher. Such sad news, it seems we (at least I) get such reports almost every day. As Alex said, he was blessed to get an outpouring of love before he died. If only everyone were so lucky to hear some kindness before their death. Thanks for sharing with us.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Alex talking about World Pancreatic Cancer Day and what a terrible disease it is. 😢

Yes, that was sad.

2 hours ago, Good Queen Jane said:

When I saw the FJ category, the first thing I thought was "@SABER5055 is going to nail this!"

That was my first thought too😀

It was a pretty good game for me.  I got the ts's or missed DDs of George Cohan, Canadian National, Black Star line, tuberculosis, and Gibraltar.

Instaget FJ.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, GreekGeek said:

I also knew George M. Cohan thanks to Yankee Doodle Dandy, the classic James Cagney movie.

Which is the reason I kept trying to answer "Jimmy Cagney". I clearly saw him in my mind's eye!

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, peeayebee said:

It's just that the clue was about pig fish, so that's why I thought he said PORK-cupine.

Me too, and it gave me a nice chuckle.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, 853fisher said:

Who had Alex down as a Billie Eilish fan? 😉  She seems so ubiquitous in some of my circles these days that it's hard to believe she made it big only last year.  Perhaps it seems longer because 2020 has been so very long.  Anyway, I often learn something from these music categories, and don't mind a clip or two when the rest is moved along so we don't miss clues.  I had a good laugh at "Who is Will Hunting?" "Good." which I'd like to believe Alex did on purpose.

And I would not have gotten Billie if it wasn't a video clue. (I also had a good laugh at the Will Hunting clue.)

Did you get all the Potpourri clues. Yay or NayNay? 😄 (I did.)

I also got all the books and authors; would have kicked myself if I didn't (I stopped at the bookstore on my way home from work, too.) 

 FJ = Instaget. And I don't even like Cats. (I mean, I like cats, just not Cats. 😼)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Dogs yesterday and Cats today!  Today's was also an instaget for me.

And another good game without too many TS.  I only got nene and Lycra.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I was sad no one knew Lois Lowry (Number the Stars is not just one of the greatest children’s books ever written, it’s one of the greatest  books ever written) and was surprised no one knew who wrote The Rainbow. 
 

Easy FJ. 

Edited by M. Darcy
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

Dogs yesterday and Cats today!

I caught that too, and I'm sure it was no coincidence.

I'm not a fan of musicals and the only one I could come up with was Hair, although that was a decade earlier. I do remember reading Cats was originally Practical Cats, but not in time. I would have needed another day or two.

It wasn't that long ago we had a Silent "L" category. There was much discussion here about how to pronounce certain words, including salmon, which was yet again an answer. I did hear some of the players saying the answers with the "Ls" included. For a minute, I thought this was a rerun.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

It took me forever, but I guessed FJ correctly.

The only TS I got was neene.  

I got the entire category of silent L right, but I feel like I pronounce the l in calm.

Another so-so night for me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Did you get all the Potpourri clues. Yay or NayNay? 😄 (I did.)

No, because the first one was someone I'd never heard of (the Real Housewives cast member), the second was a song I'd never heard of mentioning a dance I'd never heard of, and the third was a goose I'd never heard of.  But after catching onto the pattern, I got the final two when I might not have come up with them in time if not for that hint.  So, good for me?

1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

I did hear some of the players saying the answers with the "Ls" included.

Stalking, especially (and I clearly pronounce the L as well; it's quite distinct from "stocking").  I pronounce the L in calm, too, but I don't remember if the contestant did.

I didn't know how many pieces of silver made up blood money, but other than that and those three Potpourri clues, I ran the first round.  In DJ, I missed eight, but pretty scattered across the board with no one disaster category.  It took me several moments, but I came up with FJ. 

Lycra was a surprising TS, and I think "trout" should have required a BMS prompt given the category.  I got a bit of a laugh out of the one contestant who didn't get Cats using the name of her dog as her answer.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I got a bit of a laugh out of the one contestant who didn't get Cats using the name of her dog as her answer.

I noticed that!  I said, hey, you’re only one species off!

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I think "trout" should have required a BMS prompt given the category.

Why is that?

I got nene, lycra, and DH Lawrence. I just got Lois before time ran out. If I had a couple more seconds I'm sure I would have come up with Lowry.

FJ was an instaget for me. 

I'm sorry to see Andy go. I'll miss his voice, his face, his demeanor, his smarts. Don't worry. I'll be alright.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Lycra was a surprising TS, and I think "trout" should have required a BMS prompt given the category. 

 

7 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

Why is that?

IMO, since rainbow was already in the category name, I wouldn’t think a BMS would be required here. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

There are several different types of rainbow trout, so while steelhead is indeed a type of trout, it is specifically a type of rainbow trout.  The category made it obvious that's what they were looking for, which is why Alex just went ahead and filled it in for him, but I find it a bit lazy to simply say "trout".  If Alex had asked him to BMS, he certainly would have done so, so all it did other than irk me was save time - not an actual problem, just something I'd have done differently if I was in charge even though it would have merely been an exercise.  I'm persnickety that way (and others).

Share this post


Link to post

33 minutes ago, Bastet said:

No, because the first one was someone I'd never heard of (the Real Housewives cast member), the second was a song I'd never heard of mentioning a dance I'd never heard of, and the third was a goose I'd never heard of.  But after catching onto the pattern, I got the final two when I might not have come up with them in time if not for that hint.  So, good for me?

I only got the goose because I got the first two clues and had figured out the pattern already. I've seen Nene Leakes on other stuff, and if they hadn't included her husband's last name in the clue, I wouldn't have gotten that, either. The Whip/Nae nae song is just one of those pop culture things I've seen floating around the internet enough to get it.

I remember watching the Sha Na Na TV show at the orthodontist's office when I was a kid.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I'm not a fan of musicals and the only one I could come up with was Hair, although that was a decade earlier. I do remember reading Cats was originally Practical Cats, but not in time. I would have needed another day or two.

I only just saw Cats over the summer because they started showing Andrew Lloyd Webber shows on youtube (the channel is called The Shows Must Go On; they've since branched out from Webber stuff). I was like...why do people like this show so much? I mean, the costumes are pretty amazing but other than that...it's just kinda weird. 🤷🏻‍♀️

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, M. Darcy said:

I was sad no one knew Lois Lowry (Number the Stars is not just one of the greatest children’s books ever written, it’s one of the greatest  books ever written) and was surprised no one knew who wrote The Rainbow. 
 

I agree - Number the Stars is one of my all-time favourite books. I first read it when I was ten, in school, but of all of the books I read as a 8-13 year old (and I checked out twenty books from the library - the maximum - every two weeks), it is the one that has stuck with me the most. I still re-read it at least a few times a year.

Lois Lowry is much better known for The Giver and the rest of that 'series', but Number the Stars is IMO her best work.

There were a few other TS I got that I cannot recall right now, but this one made me pick up the book and start to read it again!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I liked seeing "Number the Stars" come up too.  The first chapter was presented in one of our reading textbooks in elementary school.  When I realized a few years later that we'd only gotten an excerpt, I was delighted.

Musical Theatre is a great category for me.  I did know FJ right away.  It wasn't perfect, but I didn't think the movie last year was so bad.  I saw it all by myself at one of my favorite little neighborhood theatres, a week or two after it came out, and read about the film, musical, and Eliot poetry all the way home.  I knew the title of the Eliot work already, but we'll say that my instinct to spend half an hour or more after any movie learning all about it has paid off.  Oh, and have a young Celine doing a sublime "Memory," why not?

Good game, not too many triple stumpers.  And $30K is such a nice round number for the win.  *kisses fingers*  Do 35 on Monday, Charlie, I dare you!

11 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I am so sorry about your friend, @853fisher.

You're very kind.  Thank you.

Edited by 853fisher
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Katy M said:

I feel like I pronounce the l in calm.

So did the player.

55 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

The Whip/Nae nae song is just one of those pop culture things I've seen floating around the internet enough to get it.

I think it was last year that all the jockeys at the Derby or some other Triple Crown race were doing the Whip/Nae Nae. it was quite the rage, at least among the horse-racing crowd. So, easy peasy for me!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I'm not a fan of musicals and the only one I could come up with was Hair,

Rethinking this, Practical Hair would be a really funny musical.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

I've never read Number the Stars (I would have been 13-14 when it was published) but I did know the author. It was on summer reading lists every year when I worked in a bookstore. Gonna have to see if the library has the ebook...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, M. Darcy said:

I was sad no one knew Lois Lowry (Number the Stars is not just one of the greatest children’s books ever written, it’s one of the greatest  books ever written) and was surprised no one knew who wrote The Rainbow.

Her name wafted into my mind, unfortunately I thought it was a different children's author - but didn't know which.

10 hours ago, Bastet said:

Stalking, especially (and I clearly pronounce the L as well; it's quite distinct from "stocking").  I pronounce the L in calm, too, but I don't remember if the contestant did.

I don't pronounce the L - if I did, it would make conversations about how many stockers I had to avoid at the store much less fraught with explanation.

10 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I only got the goose because I got the first two clues and had figured out the pattern already. I've seen Nene Leakes on other stuff, and if they hadn't included her husband's last name in the clue, I wouldn't have gotten that, either. The Whip/Nae nae song is just one of those pop culture things I've seen floating around the internet enough to get it.

I remember watching the Sha Na Na TV show at the orthodontist's office when I was a kid.

I only knew Nene from "The New Normal" - so I had no idea she was a "Real Housewife".

9 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I only just saw Cats over the summer because they started showing Andrew Lloyd Webber shows on youtube (the channel is called The Shows Must Go On; they've since branched out from Webber stuff). I was like...why do people like this show so much? I mean, the costumes are pretty amazing but other than that...it's just kinda weird. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I'm with you. There's one good song, but that's about it (for me anyway, tastes vary)

9 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Rethinking this, Practical Hair would be a really funny musical.

Because I didn't remember the name of Eliot's book, I struggled to find something that might have been a musical without "Practical". So I came up with "Magic" (thinking of Practical Magic). LOL.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

I'm with you. There's one good song, but that's about it (for me anyway, tastes vary)

 

I used to be able to play Memory on the piano...the sheet music is probably still in the bench at my parents' house.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, M. Darcy said:

I was sad no one knew Lois Lowry (Number the Stars is not just one of the greatest children’s books ever written, it’s one of the greatest  books ever written) and was surprised no one knew who wrote The Rainbow. 

Well then, stock up on Kleenex and any meds that will help you feel less sad because I'm saying here, out loud and proud, that I've never heard of Lois Lowry, Number the Stars or The Rainbow. (The book, not the actual rainbow.) Of course, me not knowing something isn't a big surprise, but don't be verklempt that other people don't know something either. Cut yourself some slack! Getting TSs can make viewers feel better! It doesn't bother me when no one knows what a Barbet or Nederlandse Kooikerhondje are. (Or how to pronounce the second one.)

If the FJ category had been something like Most Horrible Movie in Recent Times, I could have come up with Cats.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

Most people remember some of the books they read as kids; parents remember certain books they read to their kids; people who give books to other people's kids may remember those. Outside those categories most of us don't know many children's books, and even within these categories most of us don't know all of them. Children's literature is probably a good topic for prospective Jeopardy contestants to study, since it is used fairly often.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Bastet said:

and the third was a goose I'd never heard of.

It's very popular in crosswords: "Hawaiian goose"---nene.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/20/2020 at 11:39 AM, peeayebee said:

I  loved Barney Miller, too. I always crack up when I think of Yemana feeling the effects of the hash brownies. "Mushie mushie." Barney Miller scenes.

OMG... thank you! One of my faves. Had to watch it again 😉

On 11/20/2020 at 12:43 PM, saber5055 said:

If only everyone were so lucky to hear some kindness before their death.

Agreed. Consider yourself loved, Saber! 😘

19 hours ago, ams1001 said:

 

Did you get all the Potpourri clues. Yay or NayNay? 😄 (I did.)

 

 FJ = Instaget. And I don't even like Cats. (I mean, I like cats, just not Cats. 😼)

Double ditto.

16 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I only got the goose because I got the first two clues and had figured out the pattern already. I've seen Nene Leakes on other stuff, and if they hadn't included her husband's last name in the clue, I wouldn't have gotten that, either. The Whip/Nae nae song is just one of those pop culture things I've seen floating around the internet enough to get it.

I remember watching the Sha Na Na TV show at the orthodontist's office when I was a kid.

I think I knew Nene because of her being on DWTS... and remembered her package details just in time.

Sha Na Na were playing at the Downstairs John (McMaster U, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada) in the 70's when I was a (very) young waitress, earning spending money because my scholarship just wasn't cutting it when it came time to party!! I had the pleasure of meeting them and serving them (many) beverages.

2 hours ago, Driad said:

Most people remember some of the books they read as kids; parents remember certain books they read to their kids; people who give books to other people's kids may remember those. Outside those categories most of us don't know many children's books, and even within these categories most of us don't know all of them. Children's literature is probably a good topic for prospective Jeopardy contestants to study, since it is used fairly often.

Didn't James H say that was his main study for J!? I seem to remember him saying he'd read a lot of children's books...

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Bliss said:

Didn't James H say that was his main study for J!? I seem to remember him saying he'd read a lot of children's books...

Yes, he did.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Was Nene Leakes a TS? If so then good golly I got one thing correct last night 😂

No, Rhonda got it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, dcalley said:

I appreciate that Andy is a fan of Weird Al's "I Lost on Jeopardy!" (He said, "I wish I could quote Weird Al and take Potpourri for $100, but I'll take $200, please.")

That went over my head, so thanks for that link. Weird Al is THE BEST. And Greg Kihn driving the car at the end was hilarious. "Our Love's in Jeopardy, Baby ..." The Rice-a-Roni was a great flashback, given some of the talk about it here, from former contestants.

1 hour ago, Bliss said:

Agreed. Consider yourself loved, Saber! 😘

Bless your heart. You made me tear up.

55 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Was Nene Leakes a TS? If so then good golly I got one thing correct last night 😂

I'm declaring her a TS just for you, @Mindthinkr.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Cats.   Again.  Lord knows how many times cats has been the subject of some FJ.  I've never seen the show and no idea what it's about but I knew the answer from repeated questions on this show. 

Was hoping the champ would make it to five games.  Probably still in the TOC with his $100 k or so total

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Was hoping the champ would make it to five games.  Probably still in the TOC with his $100 k or so total

On TOC Tracker Andy is currently second highest 4 time winner, so he may well make it into TOC.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Cats.   Again.  Lord knows how many times cats has been the subject of some FJ.  I've never seen the show and no idea what it's about but I knew the answer from repeated questions on this show. 

I saw Cats on a London Theatre Tour back in the 1980s. Well, I say that I saw it, but truthfully, I slept through most of it. And never bothered to see the movie. I love musicals, but I want them to have a story to link the songs together.  

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I saw a filmed version of the stage play and thought time would have been better spent watching the 3 Stooges. What a colossal waste of time. And I believe that "Memory" is best sung as badly as you can.

Can you tell I hated "Cats" ?

I agree that most anyone who knows Hawaiian Goose = Nene does crossword puzzles.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Well then, stock up on Kleenex and any meds that will help you feel less sad because I'm saying here, out loud and proud, that I've never heard of Lois Lowry, Number the Stars or The Rainbow. (The book, not the actual rainbow.) Of course, me not knowing something isn't a big surprise, but don't be verklempt that other people don't know something either. Cut yourself some slack! Getting TSs can make viewers feel better! It doesn't bother me when no one knows what a Barbet or Nederlandse Kooikerhondje are. (Or how to pronounce the second one.)

I am sad for you 😞 It's such a great book, I would highly recommend it.

5 hours ago, Bliss said:

Sha Na Na were playing at the Downstairs John (McMaster U, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada) in the 70's when I was a (very) young waitress, earning spending money because my scholarship just wasn't cutting it when it came time to party!! I had the pleasure of meeting them and serving them (many) beverages.

👋 Hello fellow Mac alumn! I think you were probably there around the same time as my dad, also a Mac alumnus who has quite fond memories of the Downstairs John.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I saw a filmed version of the stage play and thought time would have been better spent watching the 3 Stooges.

I think that about more things than should be thought. The Three Stooges rule.

1 hour ago, secnarf said:

I am sad for you 😞

More Kleenex here, please!

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size