Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/8/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

28 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Wait a minute. You mean Meghan didn't have a response to that?  Isn't she the one who has presented herself as the mouthpiece for the Republican party?  She is the one who says "as a Republican, as a Conservative" all the fucking time.  Come on Meghan. Time to earn your paycheck as a self described political pundit.

She did have a response. It was that “a survey” (sure) showed that Americans trust the media less than Trump. Then she reiterated her justification that Fauci and Pelosi spread misinformation too. So I guess she means it’s all right that Trump supporters continue to do so.

Did it seem to anyone else that during the first discussion that Sara was being overlooked?  Not sure if it was deliberate or if everyone else forgot she was there, but she seemed to have trouble shoehorning her way into the conversation. She looked a bit frustrated. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, mxmummy said:

ndeed she is. SWW was a rambling idiot. I'm just watching that episode now. I'm also reading the book and not learning much, waste of money IMO.

I don't think SWW is an idiot.  She got caught up in a scandal and is being thrown under the bus by a person she thought was a friend.  I think she was rattled by Meghan's long-winded question, and wasn't sure which part to answer.   She came across much better on another interview I saw, where she was asked about the campaign fund issue, and was allowed to explain it.  

• Love 18
53 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Sara's take has always been along the lines of, let's not fight, there's two sides, both sides are equally right and equally wrong, we can agree to disagree and not get upset, OK?   

This is exactly why Sara is wrong for this show.  The View is not about "let's not fight". 

Send her over to The Talk since Marie Osmond left, they have an opening.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

Shoot!  I couldn't listen to her yammer any longer so I turned it off--sounds like I missed some good stuff.  Guess I'll have to go back and check.  How could you be angry at Woodward?  He's doing his job--not his fault someone was stupid enough to share his innermost thoughts to a reporter/journalist--taping the conversations...writing a book--who uncovered Watergate!!!!

Sara's point was that after talking to Trump, Woodward knew how dangerous the virus was and he should have released the information immediately instead of checking with sources to confirm (his MO since his Watergate days) and writing it in a book.

Joy's pushback was that the information was already public about how serious Covid 19 is from the WHO and leaders of other countries.

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, OnTime said:

This is exactly why Sara is wrong for this show.  The View is not about "let's not fight". 

Send her over to The Talk since Marie Osmond left, they have an opening.

Sarah is wrong for the show but the view was never meant to be about women fighting. It was meant to be about women of different ages and life experiences, coming together to have a cup of coffee  while chatting about various topics and that includes politics.  It was not about right versus left, somewhere along the way it became that way..

• Love 21
6 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Or perhaps Jane asked that she not be on the panel, although probably not.  Jane is FEARLESS!

True, they probably did not want Megan to bring up Jane's past controversial statements during Vietnam.  We all know Nutmeg's team still hates her for that and the other odious Megan brought that up in an attempt to shame Jane..

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Sarah is wrong for the show but the view was never meant to be about women fighting. It was meant to be about women of different ages and life experiences, coming together to have a cup of coffee  while chatting about various topics and that includes politics.  It was not about right versus left, somewhere along the way it became that way..

Right, it wasn't meant to be about women fighting but that is what keeps them in the news.  And they keep doing it!

Edited by OnTime
5 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Meghan's entire career has been about her self-importance; I think she lacks the humility and sense of humor that would help her deal with her fear of being an imperfect parent.

She also probably fears losing her spot as #1 in the family.  She may end up throwing baby's first birthday cake in the trash out of jealousy.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

How could you be angry at Woodward?  He's doing his job--not his fault someone was stupid enough to share his innermost thoughts to a reporter/journalist--taping the conversations...writing a book--who uncovered Watergate!!!!

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Sara's point was that after talking to Trump, Woodward knew how dangerous the virus was and he should have released the information immediately instead of checking with sources to confirm (his MO since his Watergate days) and writing it in a book.

Very easily can I be angry at Woodward. The Woodward of today is not the same as the Woodward from the Watergate days. Today's Woodward is a self-serving sellout. Now Bernstein? Him, I still respect.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Today's ep is getting lots of coverage.  This is an interesting take on it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/meghan-mccain-bob-woodward-is-the-e2-80-98enemy-e2-80-99-to-republicans/ar-BB18UbyG

They discussed that Woodward was verifying things that he heard in his interviews.  Which means he talked to people in the administration. They knew. So why should Woodward be to blame for what all of them knew and said nothing about?  I think that was the point someone was trying to make (Joy, maybe?) but it got lost in the hysteria.

Anyone else catch MeAgain's reaction to Joy saying "testicular"? She seemed embarrassed, possibly disgusted. How did she get pregnant?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14
19 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Very easily can I be angry at Woodward. The Woodward of today is not the same as the Woodward from the Watergate days. Today's Woodward is a self-serving sellout. Now Bernstein? Him, I still respect.

You are exactly right. In my opinion Woodward isn't a journalist anymore.  At some point it stopped being about whatever story he was writing and became about what he can get out of the story (book deal, fame, whatever).

14 minutes ago, bannana said:

They discussed that Woodward was verifying things that he heard in his interviews.  Which means he talked to people in the administration. They knew. So why should Woodward be to blame for what all of them knew and said nothing about?  I think that was the point someone was trying to make (Joy, maybe?) but it got lost in the hysteria.

What I read elsewhere was Woodward's reasoning for not disclosing what Trump said about the virus was to see if it turned out to be true (that the virus wasn't a big deal and would be gone soon).  Which IMO is a ridiculous excuse.   Trump said something that didn't need verification.  If someone else had said he said it then yes you get verification.  Woodward just wanted a bombshell to help sell books.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, bannana said:

Anyone else catch MeAgain's reaction to Joy saying "testicular"? She seemed embarrassed, possibly disgusted. How did she get pregnant?

She was probably mad that Joy included Uncle Lindsey among the testicle-less. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

It's more that Joy knows the language will inevitably be divisive to people whose minds need to be changed even if she thinks the message is correct. I remember Sunny giving one of the best explanations in the media of the meaning of the hashtag back when it first started in a way that anyone could understand, but that kind of nuance is lost in this day and age.

I remember that too! Sunny rocks. Just look at some of the recent stories of police brutality. You wonder if there wouldn't have been tragic endings if a mental health professional were involved. Around a quarter of those shot by police show evidence of mental illness. 

2 hours ago, Triviatrish2 said:

You hit the mail on the head.  That is exactly how she perceives herself, in other words, the only smart, serious, conservative woman on the panel.

She definitely seems to think fun/funny and intelligent/knowledgable are mutually exclusive. A lot of my favorite people to watch are those who can teach me something but also make me laugh. And I damn sure don't like to get my news from the smart, serious, conservative rude, snotty, bratty woman on the panel.

• Love 4

If Woodward had mentioned it earlier, Trump would have said his usual "I never said that" or "I was kidding" and that would have been the end of it. 

1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

She definitely seems to think fun/funny and intelligent/knowledgable are mutually exclusive. A lot of my favorite people to watch are those who can teach me something but also make me laugh. And I damn sure don't like to get my news from the smart, serious, conservative rude, snotty, bratty woman on the panel.

Yet she claims to like anything with sharks or "Real Housewives" in it.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, deirdra said:

If Woodward had mentioned it earlier, Trump would have said his usual "I never said that" or "I was kidding" and that would have been the end of it. 

Yet she claims to like anything with sharks or "Real Housewives" in it.

IRC, she also liked Jersey Shore, is a huge Howard Stern fan, praised Tiger King, has said nice things about the Kardashians, and enjoyed the Bachelor franchise for awhile too. But when she doesn't admit stuff like this, you'd think she watches news all day every day because she is oh so serious.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

Right.  The show is supposed to be about women coming together sharing their views.  Sara is wrong for the show unless she can figure out how to think about a topic and come up with an actual "view".   Too often, she agrees with the last thing she heard, then also agrees with the opposing view, and then says everybody is right so she doesn't know.  I think she was a bit shell-shocked when Whoopi asked her first about sending kids back to school, she was eager for schools to be open, and then everyone else (except poor childless Meghan)  disagreed, said it wasn't safe.  

On that topic, though, I assume Sara is sending her kids to a private school where they are  keeping classroom sizes very small.  Some kids I know of are in classrooms of 8-10 students.  Sunny and Joy were talking about more typical scenarios, with classrooms of 20 + kids, and the recent outbreaks at school.    Meghan didn't have an opinion, not because she doesn't have kids yet, but because it wasn't on her republican talking points memo, so she wasn't certain about where she is supposed to stand on the issue. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Today's ep is getting lots of coverage.  This is an interesting take on it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/meghan-mccain-bob-woodward-is-the-e2-80-98enemy-e2-80-99-to-republicans/ar-BB18UbyG

That's all fake BS  maybe for her in laws, who knows.

Years ago she was hanging out With Tila Tequila often, not exactly a prude and her fav housewife is Erika Jayne....Pat the Puss is her signature move😄

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I still to this day snicker when I recall her going all fangirly on Erika Jayne when she performed on the show.  She was positively elated and breathless in her glee.  Happiest I have ever seen her.  Haven't seen it since.

Well, you have to admit, seeing sleazy Erika Jane beats having a baby any day.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

It's more that Joy knows the language will inevitably be divisive to people whose minds need to be changed even if she thinks the message is correct. I remember Sunny giving one of the best explanations in the media of the meaning of the hashtag back when it first started in a way that anyone could understand, but that kind of nuance is lost in this day and age.

yes and i am glad joy asked

having this name on the movement certainly makes people who don't know what it is about think it means to get rid of the police.

3 hours ago, OnTime said:

Meghan completely annoyed me (as if that is anything new) when she said "I love anything shark related" and the story is about this young girl that lost her leg.

Seriously Meghan???

yeah, like if it brings a shark into the story, good for me,  too bad you lost your leg

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, cinsays said:

yeah, like if it brings a shark into the story, good for me,  too bad you lost your leg

And don't they get to view the program before the interview? So MeAgain saw the horrendous impact the shark attack had on this young woman and she's all: Sharks! YAY!

That girl is very lucky to be alive. When a shark attacks a limb and takes it right off, the victim frequently bleeds out before they can be helped.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, OnTime said:

Right, it wasn't meant to be about women fighting but that is what keeps them in the news.  And they keep doing it!

True, remember when Megan called Joy a bitch on the show and when they came back from a commercial break, Joy was actually defending Megan and told us the viewers to not be snowflakes... I was so livid but it was obvious that Joy was told to do that by the producers. Joy should have just stayed quiet and let the others pretend that they love each other like family..

• Love 6
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

You are exactly right. In my opinion Woodward isn't a journalist anymore.  At some point it stopped being about whatever story he was writing and became about what he can get out of the story (book deal, fame, whatever).

What I read elsewhere was Woodward's reasoning for not disclosing what Trump said about the virus was to see if it turned out to be true (that the virus wasn't a big deal and would be gone soon).  Which IMO is a ridiculous excuse.   Trump said something that didn't need verification.  If someone else had said he said it then yes you get verification.  Woodward just wanted a bombshell to help sell books.

Quite honestly we didn’t need Woodward to tell us the virus was bad...it seemed pretty obvious to most people.  By March many states were already taking precautions.  Woodward would be at the bottom of my list of who should be telling the truth..starting with the president and everyone around him.   Today’s discussion about Woodward taking some of the blame was stupid, I thought. A bit of a “both sides” argument.   Why Sara thinks that if Woodward had just released his tapes back then all would have been changed is a bit pie in the sky  to me since many don’t seem to be bothered by it now.  

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

It became a "news" show.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

WOW! One of the biggest news cycles in the past three and a half years, and these women turned it into classroom chaos!

Whoopi is the teacher, and on the fourth day of school she has come to terms with the fact that she has completely lost control of the classroom.  After nearly 15 years of doing this, she really doesn't care what the 'girls' do. Just deposit her paycheck into her account, and she'll call it a day.

Sunny, the smartest kid in class, opens the discussion with her comments to show she did her homework, and she's getting an A in the class, even though there's a whole school year to go. She knows her stuff, she has read the chapters assigned, and has a sharp pencil in front of her. This year is going to be easy-peasy for her, and she has a plan...

In a very calculated move,  she then throws  it to Meghan, who wasn't prepared at all. So Meghan had the 'Uh-oh! My classmate just threw me under the bus, and I didn't do my homework' face on. So she babbled on about....?  She asked Ben to help her with some cheat notes,  obviously. Once she was able to get her 'Federalist' talking points in order, she was rarin' to go. She figures the fastest she talks and the more words she uses, she'll impress everyone and get a good grade. No one will know how 'wrong' she is.

Sara is the prettiest little girl in class with the pretty little dress on. What she says really doesn't matter, since not much is expected from her. She knows this, but she also knows she can get away with stirring the pot, and enjoying the havoc she starts. She's a devious little kid, and knows how to get away with her passive - aggressive behavior.

Joy is the toughest kid in class. She's thinks on her feet, she wants a passing grade, and she'll tear you apart if you get in her way. She knows Meghan is her #1 target this school year. She knows how to get under her skin, and she did again this morning.

Meghan starts her fast-talking rant about the media being the enemy of the Republicans, while Joy mutters to the teacher "no it isn't".

"I can hear you, Joy! Just wait till I'm finished!" Meghan snaps, but now no one is interested in what she has to say - they now want to hear themselves talk, so they all start talking over each other and the teacher calls for a five minute 'time out'.

And we break for a commercial.

I just wanted to say that I love this post. Carry on. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Bolten 2.0 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I still to this day snicker when I recall her going all fangirly on Erika Jayne when she performed on the show.  She was positively elated and breathless in her glee.  Happiest I have ever seen her.  Haven't seen it since.

Does Ben even have that effect on her?

• LOL 4
17 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

19 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

If it was yesterday, I'd agree. But Sara's point was that Woodward sat on these tapes at a time when people were dying and that deserves our criticism. Not as much as Trump, but he deserves blame as well along with everyone else who knew. That's not being a mediator or being wishy washy, that's her showing her different viewpoint which was valid.

Agree with all this. Although I hate how Trump and his lemmings act like Woodward's self serving shittiness absolves Trump's self serving shittiness, especially when he keeps on lying and endangering the whole nation and egging on people who won't wear masks. 

Would Woodward have made a difference if he leaked the tapes sooner instead of holding on to them for his book? I don't know. But I would have respected him more for it. His excuse that he "hadn't put it together" or "needed to check his sources" rings false to me. I'm a journalist major, it shouldn't have taken THAT long to verify everything when people were DYING.

• Love 10
13 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Quite honestly we didn’t need Woodward to tell us the virus was bad...it seemed pretty obvious to most people.  By March many states were already taking precautions.  Woodward would be at the bottom of my list of who should be telling the truth..starting with the president and everyone around him.   Today’s discussion about Woodward taking some of the blame was stupid, I thought. A bit of a “both sides” argument.   Why Sara thinks that if Woodward had just released his tapes back then all would have been changed is a bit pie in the sky  to me since many don’t seem to be bothered by it now.  

Trump was admitting to Woodward he was playing politics with the virus. Woodward should have released that information at the time.  Woodward's defense is he didn't know if the virus would go away as Trump was hoping.  If the virus had went away what Trump said would still be a story. Trump's motivation for saying what he said is he wanted to look better politically.

And of course Meghan is going to consider Woodward an enemy of her tribe.  As always with her if she can't defend what is being said she attacks the person saying it.

7 hours ago, UpTooLate said:

How does she not get that she is part of the media?

She said yesterday she isn't a journalist.  No Meghan you are not. But you have a daily platform to say whatever you want to say to try to influence people. That makes you part of the media.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

His excuse that he "hadn't put it together" or "needed to check his sources" rings false to me. I'm a journalist major, it shouldn't have taken THAT long to verify everything when people were DYING.

Yes. Woodward didn't need to verify what Trump was saying. He only needed to report it.  News organizations are constantly reporting things people say without fact checking them.  How many times did the media report Trump saying Mexico will pay for the wall?

• Love 5

I like Kasich. I give him credit for not following Trump like many of the lemming Republicans. Good guest and Joy appreciated him. I also appreciate that Joy was moderator today and Ana was back. Fridays are a good thing for this show again.

• Love 19

I'd be concerned if Meghan was my friend.  She doesn't seem to have any loyalty to anything but her father and the Republican Party.  She's very wishy washy when she talks about her good friend, Joe Biden.  I also would bet she votes for Trump.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Sara is a breath of fresh air on this show. All smiles and such a great attitude. The rest of them making faces and get all snippy if someone says something they do not agree with.

Each day they just keep beating on the Coronavirus. It's like they wanted Trump to wave a magic wand and make it disappear and he didn't. I don't care who was president, nobody knew what this virus was going to bring. We all knew it was serious and it was our responsibility to stay home and take care of our families the best we could. What more can you do?

I totally agree with Meghan. People are sick of politics and we do not want to watch sports that are dragging politics into it. I'll watch a rodeo, you will see no protesting there! We have two residences and cancelled our NFL ticket at both places. We have watched football our whole lives and attended games but for now we are done with the NFL.

3 minutes ago, OnTime said:

and then there was Meghan's hair today.......

I think she looks amazing! She is more beautiful now than ever.

• Love 2