Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/8/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

Ugh. Another shit show.  There seems to be something missing from the whole thing.  Maybe tptb have had a chat with them with new guidelines.  Maybe a Disney rated pg thing?   It just feels hollow, echoey.  And I think that they all might be worn down.  I know I am.  This better get better because as of right now I watch with no enthusiasm.  Just a habit being a watcher since day 1.  I usually read my online newspaper during the show.  🤓

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pearson80 said:

She had nothing to add when Whoopie was talking about a series that she is enjoying on netflix, Whoopie was trying to talk about something that was not political and she just looked so annoyed. Her maternity leave cannot come fast enough for me.

Can somebody explain to me what was up with that weird vibe between Nutmeg and Whoopie. I have noticed a change in their dynamic, Whoopie no longer fawns over her like before..

That was just plain weird.  I couldn’t figure out what that was...Whoopie tried to include her (sounded like it was planned to ask her), then she says Whoopie finish, whoopie says she’s finished and then MM says it’s ok let’s just move on?  On from what?  

2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

The answer to your first question. Yes, she knows no other way. Snotty is her superpower. 

I noticed she was almost in tears, after she mumbled about not having kids to move on, wth? what was that about? They were getting to her. She really is the most fragile sensitive bad ass I've ever seen.

I don't know if any of you watch Real Housewives, but Meghan is so much like her idol, Erika Jayne. Erika has a tough, give no f---s persona, but she is extremely fragile. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I don't know if any of you watch Real Housewives, but Meghan is so much like her idol, Erika Jayne. Erika has a tough, give no f---s persona, but she is extremely fragile. 

But Meghan does give fucks.  It's why she responds to every  jibe directed at her on Twitter.  You don't see any of the other co hosts do that. For someone who has been "in politics her whole life) she sure does have a thin skin.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

But Meghan does give fucks.  It's why she responds to every  jibe directed at her on Twitter.  You don't see any of the other co hosts do that. For someone who has been "in politics her whole life) she sure does have a thin skin.

Oh she most certainly does, but so does Erika, who also pretends to be a badass. They both have thin skin. 

If only Meghan could be more like Dolly!

• Love 4

I missed today's show but I am so weirded out by the comments that she is still pouting and acting all woe-is-me about being childless ....... when she is like 10 minutes away from having a child!  WTF.  Why not make a lighthearted comment about how she's soon to be a mom or something that you know, a NORMAL person would say.  Fuck off, Debbie Downer. 

• Love 17

It was even weirder because she said she is technically not a mother!  WTAF thinks that way? And I don't have kids but could have weighed in on the topic.

It seemed like Whoopi stated her views before MeAgain, because after Joy spoke she threw it to Whoopi, saying what about you Whoopi?  Whoopi opined then went to MeAgain. This threw her off and she stumbled and told Whoopi to finish, then said she technically didn't have children. Then Whoopi said she was finished and asked her to go ahead, and MeAgain was flustered and said to just move on, as if she thought they were out of time. Then Whoopi actually said they had more time and then they went to break. MeAgain did that upper lip snarl that she does when she is nervous or flustered or defensive. It was very strange.

MeAgain used "the chickens are coming home to roost" twice today!

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, bannana said:

And I don't have kids but could have weighed in on the topic.

I don't have kids either and admittedly feel much more maternal to babies of the fur variety than human, and I would never, ever act the way she has repeatedly acted whenever the topic of kids comes up.  She is one cold fish..  That poor baby.  Hopefully the nannies will be extra, extra caring and nurturing to make up for it. 

• Love 23

I found it a weird contrast in the covid school opening discussion.
Are you sending your kids to school in the pandemic?

Sara- (all cheery) Yes! We’re sending them, can’t wait!

Sunny- HELL NO! Kids spread it around so no way!

Joy- HELL NO! This is a disaster. 500,000 children already have it!

Sara-😬

Whoopi- Well, I, um (cut off by Meg)

Meg- 😡 Fine I don’t have children, go to break. *tosses hair

Whoopi- 😤

• LOL 16
  • Love 7

Who was MeeAgain referring to as being socially conservative , Sara or Sunny.?  I think Sunny had just spoken before  McCain but Sara was nodding.. I can’t see that fitting either woman. 
I don’t get her dismissive attitude about not having a child.  For a long time we understood she wasn’t longing to be a parent. Then after having a miscarriage her story for herself has been , I’ve “ waited so long “ and “ my journey” to get pregnant.

This is a real issue with parents today sorry the news doesn’t fit her narrative, in my area only private schools have on site learning.  My grandchildren happen do their remote Learning while sitting in moms empty classroom where she is teaching her classroom remotely  I’m grateful for that.  

Every mention has been all negative from her damn crib or gray hair making her look like the wicked witch etc.  it’s never I can hardly wait to hold this relative of my father's.  No  discussions / signs of nesting or i will be so happy I’ll put him in a drawer by my bedside and will keep my hand on him to make sure he’s breathing. Ok so maybe that was me 

So self important to say to Stephanie you know I’m not a fan of these types of books. No dip shit she may not be up on your likes and dislikes.  She assumes Stephanie gets a heads up on her and her important opinions.   it’s going to be a part of history.  It just one of some 1200 books relating to Trump so buck up tough girl. 

That  reminds me , has Megahorn mentioned she’s talked to Trump on the phone before ? Goodness she is an insider. 
On my Megan visual observation I’ve been watching / distracted by her lips for weeks ( actually upper lip only) Had the upper lip not moved previously or does it look like she’s speaking with Invisalign on upper teeth?  Important things to ponder 

Edited by athousandclowns
Too many letters
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, bannana said:

It was even weirder because she said she is technically not a mother!  WTAF thinks that way? And I don't have kids but could have weighed in on the topic.

It seemed like Whoopi stated her views before MeAgain, because after Joy spoke she threw it to Whoopi, saying what about you Whoopi?  Whoopi opined then went to MeAgain. This threw her off and she stumbled and told Whoopi to finish, then said she technically didn't have children. Then Whoopi said she was finished and asked her to go ahead, and MeAgain was flustered and said to just move on, as if she thought they were out of time. Then Whoopi actually said they had more time and then they went to break. MeAgain did that upper lip snarl that she does when she is nervous or flustered or defensive. It was very strange.

MeAgain used "the chickens are coming home to roost" twice today!

Yes you are correct.  I had the timelines mixed up. It was just plain odd. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Haleth said:

About schools and Covid, our local HS and MS had to close for 2 weeks after being open for 4 days because of all the sick kids.  Plus we’re in a college town so it’s a hot spot again.  (A friend who teaches at the college has 30% of her students in quarantine.)

Good luck to all the teachers, staff, and families!

Dear Meg, it’s ok to secretly record your “friend” when she’s making you commit a crime. Read the book before you start virtue signaling. (I knew the very first thing she said would be a sneer about not reading tell all books.  Well, aren’t you full of morality, Missy.)

We got through ONE DAY before getting a call from school that our class had to quarantine. A parent suspected he had COVID and sent his child to school anyway. Then SURPRISE! the parent and child both tested positive.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

On my Megan visual observation I’ve been watching / distracted by her lips for weeks ( actually upper lip only) Had the upper lip not moved previously or does it look like she’s speaking with Invisalign on upper teeth?  Important things to ponder 

She looked like she's had work done. That or her face has changed a bit because of the pregnancy.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

SWW is a nervous wreck.

I think it's because it's a live interview.

On Rachel Maddow, I'm pretty positive it was pre-taped (she's been pre-taping many interviews with the authors who have been on her show - including Mary Trump and last night with Michael Cohen) so they can re-take questions and answers, and edit what doesn't work. 

Being live on this show was different for her.

BTW - MM learned a new phrase today, which she repeated a few times in different conversations:  "The chickens have come home to roost".  How many chickens are there ?

I thought she was going to start repeating 'Reading the tea leaves', but thank Heavens, she only said that once when she mentioned Biden leading in the polls.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

just to illustrate, I"m doing this:

Whoopi: So Meghan, what's your opinion? (about the vaccine)

Meghan: I think sunny's friend floyd isn't alone, according to a NPR poll that was polled before august only 1/3 of AMericans said they would take the vaccine when it came out, I think both sides are guilty of politicizing this, you had Kamala Harris coming out a week and a half ago saying she doens't know if she would take the vaccine as well and she was questioning president trump and I think that no politician should be weighing in on the efficacy of the vaccine we should trust doctors and scientists and pharmaceutical companies as much as you trust pharmaceutical companies but there's actually 9 right now who are in the third stage of development right now and I do think although this specific vaccine has run into problems with side effects we should still maintain hope that there's a lot of great scentists working on this and i think one of the great tragedies of the past 15 - 20 years of my life is anti-vaxxers, and people who are constantly questioning science, as you're well aware Whoopi because we've talked about it, you know there's measles outbreaks in places, we see diseases coming back that we haven't seen in decades and decades and this is now reaching a fever pitch and this is the chickens coming home to roost on questioning science and scientists and people who dedicate their lives to making the world healthier and a safer place and I just think it's a tragedy.  (this all spoken as one run-on sentence).

Whoopi :  (who lost the thread of the monologue a while ago and has no idea what meghan means by the tragedy)   Yeah, you're right.. (but wasn't the question whether Meghan would take the vaccine?) 

ME:  Meghan - BREATHE.  make your point,  SUMMARIZE - remember,  Brevity is the soul of wit. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan: I think sunny's friend floyd isn't alone, according to a NPR poll that was polled before august only 1/3 of AMericans said they would take the vaccine when it came out, I think both sides are guilty of politicizing this, you had Kamala Harris coming out a week and a half ago saying she doens't know if she would take the vaccine as well and she was questioning president trump and I think that no politician should be weighing in on the efficacy of the vaccine we should trust doctors and scientists and pharmaceutical companies as much as you trust pharmaceutical companies but there's actually 9 right now who are in the third stage of development right now and I do think although this specific vaccine has run into problems with side effects we should still maintain hope that there's a lot of great scentists working on this and i think one of the great tragedies of the past 15 - 20 years of my life is anti-vaxxers, and people who are constantly questioning science, as you're well aware Whoopi because we've talked about it, you know there's measles outbreaks in places, we see diseases coming back that we haven't seen in decades and decades and this is now reaching a fever pitch and this is the chickens coming home to roost on questioning science and scientists and people who dedicate their lives to making the world healthier and a safer place and I just think it's a tragedy.  (this all spoken as one run-on sentence).

Whoopi :  (who lost the thread of the monologue a while ago and has no idea what meghan means by the tragedy)   Yeah, you're right.. (but wasn't the question whether Meghan would take the vaccine?) 

ME:  Meghan - BREATHE.  make your point,  SUMMARIZE - remember,  Brevity is the soul of wit. 

Since Whoopie probably wasn’t listening to Meghan at all, at least she didn’t say, “Groovey.”

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Why after every freaking interview that MM does, on the View, turn up on every internet site, Yahoo, Daily Beast, etc.  It is like she is the only interviewer on the show, or she has a stupendous PR person that gets her name “ out there” every day.  There are 4 other ladies on that show. Can’t wait for Ana!

• Love 12
8 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

So self important to say to Stephanie you know I’m not a fan of these types of books. No dip shit she may not be up on your likes and dislikes.  She assumes Stephanie gets a heads up on her and her important opinions.   it’s going to be a part of history.  It just one of some 1200 books relating to Trump so buck up tough girl. 

I think it's so funny she regularly brings up her family when discussing tell-all books. She loves feeling important. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 18
4 minutes ago, UpTooLate said:

Meghan seems to think she's on a different show. Everyone else realizes it's a chat show, some politics, some gossip, some fun, and it's light entertainment for the viewers to watch with a cup of coffee. Meghan alone thinks she's on Meet The Press, or that she's chasing someone down the street with a camera crew and Morley Safer, or that she's Perry Mason cross-examining someone on the witness stand. She never smiles, never ingratiates herself.

She has said in the past that she has a Resting Bitch Face, but she could try smiling, if that's really the case. 

She just sticks out like a sore thumb.

YES. This annoys me to no end. I always thought Joy was an ideal host because she is both fun and intelligent. Meghan wants the show to be an hour of serious political discourse, nothing fun or light, and even if you were to give her that, she'd insist on making it as unpleasant as possible. I wonder if she'll politely participate in the kid topics after she's given birth, since impending motherhood still doesn't seem to count, or if she will still be annoyed and bark that she has nothing to say. 

• Love 12
14 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Who was MeeAgain referring to as being socially conservative , Sara or Sunny.?  I think Sunny had just spoken before  McCain but Sara was nodding.. I can’t see that fitting either woman. 

That was weird.  I also didn't know who she was talking about.  Sunny isn't socially conservative.  The only issue she even comes close on is abortion but she has repeatedly said she is against it personally but thinks it should be legal. And Sara also hasn't said anything to make me believe she is a social conservative.  And let's not forget it wasn't so long ago Meghan was calling Sunny a liberal.

Every mention has been all negative from her damn crib or gray hair making her look like the wicked witch etc.  it’s never I can hardly wait to hold this relative of my father's.  No  discussions / signs of nesting or i will be so happy I’ll put him in a drawer by my bedside and will keep my hand on him to make sure he’s breathing. Ok so maybe that was me 

Not just you. I did that too.

Meghan has been the most miserable pregnant woman I have ever seen.  Look I get it being pregnant is physically uncomfortable and being pregnant in the summer sucks. My second trimester and part of my third trimester was during summer. It's hot and you can't find a comfortable position to sleep in. But Meghan sour attitude doesn't seem to have anything to do with physical aspects of pregnancy. She truly does not seem like she is looking forward to this baby.  Anything she has said in regards to her pregnancy has been all negative.  She keeps a running tally on Twitter of how many days her dad has been gone but she isn't counting down the days till she gets to meet her child.  I'm cynical enough to believe she isn't really looking forward to having a baby because the focus will no longer be on her.

That  reminds me , has Megahorn mentioned she’s talked to Trump on the phone before ?

I caught that too.  I know when  someone disparaged her father (the person said something while he was still alive but it wasn't disclosed till after his death) that person called her and apologized but I don't ever remember Trump calling her.

8 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

meghan was SO out of line  with SWW - accusing her of secretly taping Melania in order to make a profit by publishing a tell-all book!   Good lord!  this woman was being blamed for mis-handling millions of dollars, and told that she was going to take the fall for something she didn't do.   Meghan's view seems to be, "I"m not reading your book, because it's full of lies and you shouldn't have written it."  this is the same as how she reacted to Mary Trump's book.  SWW is trying to defend herself from the trump family throwing her under the bus and sending her to prison for their crimes.  

I doubt Meghan would be so against "tell all books" if it was ones written about people she considers the other team.  She still has a bee in her bonnet about the book written about the 2016 election.  In her mind that was a tell all book about her family. Which is was not. It was a book about the 2016 election and her family  just happened to be part of that.  My opinion is Meghan doesn't have a problem with these people writing books. It's the information being disclosed in these books she  has a problem with.

5 hours ago, UpTooLate said:

She has said in the past that she has a Resting Bitch Face, but she could try smiling, if that's really the case. 

I too have a RBF but for Meghan it's not just her face it's her personality.

5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I wonder if she'll politely participate in the kid topics after she's given birth, since impending motherhood still doesn't seem to count, or if she will still be annoyed and bark that she has nothing to say. 

I doubt she will tell us very much about the baby. And I will be shocked if she releases a picture or shows the baby on the show. She has mentioned before she wants to keep things private because people attack her online.   But there are people way more famous than her and attacked way more aggressively than she is and they don't hide their kids.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, UpTooLate said:

Meghan alone thinks she's on Meet The Press, or that she's chasing someone down the street with a camera crew and Morley Safer, or that she's Perry Mason cross-examining someone on the witness stand.

Which would be fine if Meghan was actually good at this. Instead, she hurls each question at an "opposing" guest, prefaced by a self-centered word salad monologue.

18 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I doubt she will tell us very much about the baby. And I will be shocked if she releases a picture or shows the baby on the show. She has mentioned before she wants to keep things private because people attack her online.   But there are people way more famous than her and attacked way more aggressively than she is and they don't hide their kids.

I'd probably do the same if I were in Meghan's position. People can be vicious. I also think she might be anxious about childbirth and parenting. Meghan's entire career has been about her self-importance; I think she lacks the humility and sense of humor that would help her deal with her fear of being an imperfect parent.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, UpTooLate said:

Meghan seems to think she's on a different show. Everyone else realizes it's a chat show, some politics, some gossip, some fun, and it's light entertainment for the viewers to watch with a cup of coffee. Meghan alone thinks she's on Meet The Press, or that she's chasing someone down the street with a camera crew and Morley Safer, or that she's Perry Mason cross-examining someone on the witness stand. She never smiles, never ingratiates herself.

Yes. On this kind of talk show, when an author is on, you let them talk about their book. You don't need to preface a paragraph-long question with your personal opinion that the book shouldn't have been written.  SWW had good reason to write this book at this time. Meghan acted like it was salacious gossip about the president and first Lady.  SWW had to get her story out, as she is facing being held responsible for crimes she didn't commit. 

Yes, there are public figures who write books and deserve to have their feet held to the fire for bad actions.  SWW was one of those.

EDITED -  I meant SWW was NOT one of those.   Sorry for the confusion.  

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 6

This is squarely on Trump’s shoulders, Meg. Not the media, not Fauci, not Nancy Pelosi.

Im guessing Meg will be rude to Jane Fonda. Ok, makes sense she wouldn’t even be present for the interview. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 17

Meg, shut the fuck up about Fauci. And Chinatown restaurants are in the US, and had nothing to do with the spread, you stupid racist hag.

I will give her one thing: anyone that willingly gives 18 hours of interviews to Woodward thinking you can outsmart s a moron.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 23

I know Sunny and Joy were pissed at Sara agreeing with McCain in the second segment, but I understand what Sara was doing. She massively disagreed with McCain in the first segment (because it was important), so she was trying to throw her a bone by agreeing that it would have been hard for her personally to sit on the tapes herself. But still, Sunny's reaction to McCain's deranged spinning, that she and others like her are more angry at Woodward than the president himself who caused many preventable deaths, was priceless.

• Love 19

I didn't watch much of Sara's previous season(s) on this show but from what I am gathering from her comments this week only is that she is at best, an instigator and at worst, a Trump apologist.  Is she being directed to be?  Perhaps.  But my blood pressure won't be able to survive it.  I am not going to be able to stomach her living in the grey area on topics that are so very black or white. 

Edited by Cementhead
Oops. Initially left out a couple of words. *Much of.
  • Love 15

I don't get why they were so harsh to Sara in the second segment. Sara says that the problem and responsibility lied with Trump to do the right thing and the fact that he didn't is wrong. He's the one at fault. But Woodward having these tapes and not releasing it at a time when the US death toll continues to rise doesn't paint him in a good light either. You can condemn both, while placing most of the blame on Trump.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Cementhead said:

I didn't watch Sara's previous season(s) on this show but from what I am gathering from her comments this week only is that she is at best, an instigator and at worst, a Trump apologist.  Is she being directed to be?  Perhaps.  But my blood pressure won't be able to survive it.  I am not going to be able to stomach her living in the grey area on topics that are so very black or white. 

It's more that she tries to bring everyone together. Still, that's kind of a fruitless effort with McCain there--the other co-hosts and the audience all know that at this point--because there's going to be rancor regardless. McCain couldn't even get along with her good friend, Abby, who agreed with her nine times out of ten. Sara's not going to be able to alleviate the toxic feeling McCain brings to the show, so I wish she'd just give her opinion and stop trying to play mediator.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, TheGreenKnight said:

It's more that she tries to bring everyone together. Still, that's kind of a fruitless action on the show with McCain there, because there's going to be rancor regardless; McCain couldn't even get along with her good friend, Abby, who agreed with her nine times out of ten. Sara's not going to be able to alleviate the toxic feeling McCain brings to the show, so I wish she'd just give her opinion and stop trying to play mediator.

Yes!  Thank you for expressing it much more diplomatically and less harshly than I did.  At this point in the game, I am just too easily exasperated listening to someone try and reason with or make nice with the insanity that is going on.  I have no patience for it anymore.  She did this earlier in the week with acting as devil's advocate over Trump's military comments.  This show does not need a devil's advocate.  State your opinion and own it.  Now isn't the time for wishy washy. 

• Love 21
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

That was weird.  I also didn't know who she was talking about.  Sunny isn't socially conservative.  The only issue she even comes close on is abortion but she has repeatedly said she is against it personally but thinks it should be legal. And Sara also hasn't said anything to make me believe she is a social conservative.  And let's not forget it wasn't so long ago Meghan was calling Sunny a liberal.

Not just you. I did that too.

Meghan has been the most miserable pregnant woman I have ever seen.  Look I get it being pregnant is physically uncomfortable and being pregnant in the summer sucks. My second trimester and part of my third trimester was during summer. It's hot and you can't find a comfortable position to sleep in. But Meghan sour attitude doesn't seem to have anything to do with physical aspects of pregnancy. She truly does not seem like she is looking forward to this baby.  Anything she has said in regards to her pregnancy has been all negative.  She keeps a running tally on Twitter of how many days her dad has been gone but she isn't counting down the days till she gets to meet her child.  I'm cynical enough to believe she isn't really looking forward to having a baby because the focus will no longer be on her.

I caught that too.  I know when  someone disparaged her father (the person said something while he was still alive but it wasn't disclosed till after his death) that person called her and apologized but I don't ever remember Trump calling her.

I doubt Meghan would be so against "tell all books" if it was ones written about people she considers the other team.  She still has a bee in her bonnet about the book written about the 2016 election.  In her mind that was a tell all book about her family. Which is was not. It was a book about the 2016 election and her family  just happened to be part of that.  My opinion is Meghan doesn't have a problem with these people writing books. It's the information being disclosed in these books she  has a problem with.

I too have a RBF but for Meghan it's not just her face it's her personality.

Yeah, I don't think Meghan will share much about her child. Some people are like that. With Meghan I think it is because she thinks it will take attention away from her. I have a  friend on Facebook that hides her daughter's face in pics she shares 😄 it's so bizarre. I would love to see Meghan do that😄. @BLONDIE0332 as you know I share endless pics of my son. She actually told me  I should do the same with my sons pics 😄

• Love 2

I'm glad Jane Fonda shut down Joy's question about changing the name of the defund the police movement. Whenever Joy talks about this issue, the only thing I feel is that her privilege is showing and she's purposely pulling a Meghan on a topic she know nothing about. I'm glad Jane shut that argument down about renaming the movement.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I'm glad Jane Fonda shut down Joy's question about changing the name of the defund the police movement. Whenever Joy talks about this issue, the only thing I feel is that her privilege is showing and she's purposely pulling a Meghan on a topic she know nothing about.

It's more that Joy knows the language will inevitably be divisive to people whose minds need to be changed even if she thinks the message is correct. I remember Sunny giving one of the best explanations in the media of the meaning of the hashtag back when it first started in a way that anyone could understand, but that kind of nuance is lost in this day and age.

• Love 20
13 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Agree!  My first thought was, doesn't she ever talk at home?  She starts off on the show (almost always) with some gigantic run on sentence where she barely takes a breath.  It's like she hasn't talked since the last show and has it all bottled up inside and then spews it out on the show!

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Spartan Girl said:

Meg, shut the fuck up about Fauci. And Chinatown restaurants are in the US, and had nothing to do with the spread, you stupid racist hag.

I will give her one thing: anyone that willingly gives 18 hours of interviews to Woodward thinking you can outsmart s a moron.

That is true but when you believe that you are the smartest person to have ever walked the earth, your pride will be your own undoing.

• Love 16
8 hours ago, UpTooLate said:

You hit the mail on the head.  That is exactly how she perceives herself, in other words, the only smart, serious, conservative woman on the panel.

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Did someone stick a sock in Meghan's mouth and stuff her in a closet for Jane Fonda's interview?

My guess is that one or the other refused to the interview if the other was there.

MM said that the media is the enemy of Republicans.   That's a very scary thought....  I wished they had a format where they could push back on that statement.   

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, After7Only said:

MM said that the media is the enemy of Republicans.   That's a very scary thought....  I wished they had a format where they could push back on that statement.   

Me too. What would the pushback be? I'd love to hear it.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I didn't watch Sara's previous season(s) on this show but from what I am gathering from her comments this week only is that she is at best, an instigator and at worst, a Trump apologist.  Is she being directed to be?  Perhaps.  But my blood pressure won't be able to survive it.  I am not going to be able to stomach her living in the grey area on topics that are so very black or white. 

39 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

It's more that she tries to bring everyone together. Still, that's kind of a fruitless effort with McCain there--the other co-hosts and the audience all know that at this point--because there's going to be rancor regardless. McCain couldn't even get along with her good friend, Abby, who agreed with her nine times out of ten. Sara's not going to be able to alleviate the toxic feeling McCain brings to the show, so I wish she'd just give her opinion and stop trying to play mediator.

I'm not sure Sara is trying to keep the peace. She has always kinda played it safe when they would have political discussions. Her motivation for doing that I don't know. But the past couple days she seems to be tilting a particular way.  Whether she is playing the role Abby used to play (Meghan's emotional support person) is still to be determined.

1 hour ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

Sunny called out Meghan as to why Republicans are supporting Trump. Judging by Meghan's face, I don't think she liked it.

Wait a minute. You mean Meghan didn't have a response to that?  Isn't she the one who has presented herself as the mouthpiece for the Republican party?  She is the one who says "as a Republican, as a Conservative" all the fucking time.  Come on Meghan. Time to earn your paycheck as a self described political pundit.

25 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

I'm glad Jane Fonda shut down Joy's question about changing the name of the defund the police movement. Whenever Joy talks about this issue, the only thing I feel is that her privilege is showing and she's purposely pulling a Meghan on a topic she know nothing about. I'm glad Jane shut that argument down about renaming the movement.

17 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

It's more that Joy knows the language will inevitably be divisive to people whose minds need to be changed even if she thinks the message is correct. I remember Sunny giving one of the best explanations in the media of the meaning of the hashtag back when it first started in a way that anyone could understand, but that kind of nuance is lost in this day and age.

I understand Joy and Jane's point of view.  The problem is no matter what they call it the other side will always distort it.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I know Sunny and Joy were pissed at Sara agreeing with McCain in the second segment, but I understand what Sara was doing. She massively disagreed with McCain in the first segment (because it was important), so she was trying to throw her a bone by agreeing that it would have been hard for her personally to sit on the tapes herself. But still, Sunny's reaction to McCain's deranged spinning, that she and others like her are more angry at Woodward than the president himself who caused many preventable deaths, was priceless.

Shoot!  I couldn't listen to her yammer any longer so I turned it off--sounds like I missed some good stuff.  Guess I'll have to go back and check.  How could you be angry at Woodward?  He's doing his job--not his fault someone was stupid enough to share his innermost thoughts to a reporter/journalist--taping the conversations...writing a book--who uncovered Watergate!!!!

Edited by Rainyhawk
  • Love 5
57 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Sara's take has always been along the lines of, let's not fight, there's two sides, both sides are equally right and equally wrong, we can agree to disagree and not get upset, OK?   

She must have been quite the peacemaker as a child, making sure her parents didn't argue.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

55 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Yes!  Thank you for expressing it much more diplomatically and less harshly than I did.  At this point in the game, I am just too easily exasperated listening to someone try and reason with or make nice with the insanity that is going on.  I have no patience for it anymore.  She did this earlier in the week with acting as devil's advocate over Trump's military comments.  This show does not need a devil's advocate.  State your opinion and own it.  Now isn't the time for wishy washy. 

If it was yesterday, I'd agree. But Sara's point was that Woodward sat on these tapes at a time when people were dying and that deserves our criticism. Not as much as Trump, but he deserves blame as well along with everyone else who knew. That's not being a mediator or being wishy washy, that's her showing her different viewpoint which was valid.

• Love 9