Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/8/2020

falltime
  • Start Topic

So should Meghan be given a head's up whenever someone is going to write something about her father? He was a public figure.  Things are going to be mentioned about him.  She should be more concerned about people close to her not caring when unkind things are said about him.

• Love 21

None of them are intelligent enough to discuss politics. (Is Sunny on today?) This isn't a both sides issue. He has said enough in public that is already damning. If they wanted a GOP voice why not Ana Navarro? Someone who identifies as a Republican who can offer the view of that party. 

And does this show always need another blonde? Sarah is useless.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, CousinAmy said:

None of them are intelligent enough to discuss politics. (Is Sunny on today?) This isn't a both sides issue. He has said enough in public that is already damning. If they wanted a GOP voice why not Ana Navarro? Someone who identifies as a Republican who can offer the view of that party. 

And does this show always need another blonde? Sarah is useless.

They need a progressive like Ana Kasparian or Nomiki Konst.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Triviatrish2 said:

Meghan should have had a “ heads up”?? Does that mean that John Kelky should have had a “ heads up”?   Still as obnoxious, as ever. Having 1 month off has done nothing to help her lighten up.  

My thoughts exactly. She's so delusional.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

First of all, this Zoom forum sucks.  I see Joy as being so fed up with the administration and Trump, so her frustration, shows.  Sara Sanders does what all the Republicans do, talk, non stop, and takes away a chance for rebuttal.  All in all, as much as I waited for the return, it was a letdown.  Can’t wait for Friday with Ana!

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

NO! She is despicable!  Deserved and earned every barb she got, in between her filibustering.  

I knew she would be a terrible guest.  Sorry not sorry she didn't get to plug her book. Anyone who wants to read it will already know about it.  I doubt her media appearances will cause anyone to rush to Amazon to buy it.  I'm a avid reader and I won't even get her self serving book from the library for free.

• Love 14
33 minutes ago, Triviatrish2 said:

Oh yes, and I hate, hate, hate, when they say Democrat, instead of Democratic.  And they all do it!

They do that intentionally.  Republicans feel that using the term Democratic Party implies that democrats are the sole protectors of democracy, or, something like that.

• Love 7

Whoopie was incoherent as always but I was shocked on how she botched Chadwick's remembrance, she is usually on point with those.  Chadwick has always promoted his projects on the view and he deserved better. I still can't believe he is gone, he had so much more stories to tell via T'Challa and other characters in the future. He also aspired to direct and write, what a loss.   I cried like he was a family member that is how I was rocked by the news. 2020 just sucks on so many levels.. 

Sarah is just so wishy washy and I do like her but she is not right for this show.  Nutmeg loathes her for some bizarre reason. 

Nutmeg is Nutmeg, so there is no need for me to reiterate what you guys have said so eloquently about her.

Not enough Sunny.

I was happy to see Joy today.  Anna better be on the show on Friday.

I refused to watch Sarah Huckabee Sanders so I changed the channel.. I bet she was still defending her old boss.. 

• Love 17
18 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

. I bet she was still defending her old boss.. 

Yup.  

It doesn't surprise me she mischaracterized the incident photo op with Trump touching a soldier's face.  After all, propaganda was her specialty.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Yup.  

It doesn't surprise me she mischaracterized the incident photo op with Trump touching a soldier's face.  After all, propaganda was her specialty.

She never met a lie she was unwilling to tell all in the name of party loyalty.  Hope that God she worships so fervently is forgiving. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

11:04 and the bitch has already done a mini slam at Sara that she knows she doesn't have as much time  because they have 5 hosts now. Quit and the show will be down to 4 again, bitch.

I thought that was rude too. What a way to welcome Sara back!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

I CANNOT stand Sarah Huckabee Sanders but as much abuse as she took (even though she deserved it), they could have least had Sara throw her a softball question of "Sarah, tell us about your book"...

Sara Sanders got exactly what she deserved.  If you lie down with dogs, you get up with dog shit and fleas all over you.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 22

I don't like Sara on this show. I was so angry at Huckabee I was yelling at the TV.   She is despicable.  I can sense Joy's frustration. Whoopi is not a good moderator in a format like this.  She let Huckabee take control with the constant talking over, although I was glad that at the end Whoopi did say she did not agree with her.  This show today did not help my blood pressure.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

So Sarah Sanders was abused by the “liberal mob” but worked for the biggest abuser of them all?  Boo hoo. 

yeah, what about the comment the orange guy said about her "taking one for the team"?  did she think that was ok?

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

I'm already tired of Sara's always framing everything Trump does as a both sides issue.  She's really a nicer version of Meghan - she's not fooling me.  

I may try to watch after the election, but I just can't stand these pundits trying to spin the indefensible in Trumps favor.  I've finally had enough. 

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

I'm already tired of Sara's always framing everything Trump does as a both sides issue.  She's really a nicer version of Meghan - she's not fooling me.  

I may try to watch after the election, but I just can't stand these pundits trying to spin the indefensible in Trumps favor.  I've finally had enough. 

yeah, another episode like this and i may opt out and only watch if something in the comments here makes me go back and watch it

one of my must-watch shows no longer is.  sad

• Love 12

What a mess.  It boggles the mind that this is an Emmy Award winning show.  

I agree with all of your comments about SHS and MeAgain.  Interesting to note, MeAgain has already tweeted out a thank you to SHS for appearing on today's show calling her a hardworking, talented, conservative woman who she has respect for being brave enough to join the show and answer hard questions and wished her luck on her book tour.  SHS responded thanking her and wishing MeAgain and Ben best wishes on their growing family.  (Sorry, I don't know how to attach a tweet) Obviously, MeAgain is making sure she doesn't piss off 'her' base and Brilliant Ben.  It also confirms what we all know - if you speak well of or supported the McCain family in the past, you have a friend for life in MeAgain.  She's so much like Trump it's frightening.

It appears that the ladies have hair and makeup this season.  Looks like MeAgain may have added some extensions.  

• Love 14
On 9/7/2020 at 9:38 AM, Cementhead said:

Only 13?  That doesn't seem like a lot since '97, does it?  Nothing to brag about.

On 9/7/2020 at 12:32 PM, deirdra said:

SNL only parodies The View when it has been a very slow news week. Definitely nothing to brag about.

On 9/7/2020 at 4:10 PM, ForumLou said:

I wonder what their average or normal is for recurring skits.  Something to base the 13 against

For some context-there were only 11 Coneheads sketches, 21 Wayne’s World sketches, Mr. Robinson’s Neighborhood 10x, and 6 Olympia Cafe (cheeburger, cheeburger, no Pepsi, Coke!).

• Useful 6
  • Love 1

I read here before viewing and found the mute button on my long time remote , after someone mentioned muting.  In the past I would turn sound down.   Just watching her was still alarming, facial expressions and mouth looks like she’s screaming. I then spotted a patch of skin between her eyes that looked like badly done fillet rather than Botox.  I had to look up other pictures to see what the Hell she has going on. What a crap idea to have her on the first show and the whole show. Ugg 
So help me if MeeAgain was going to directly criticize Nancy for hair styling I was going to loose what’s left of my mind because obviously her roots have been done as well as the new cut / curl. 
I never disliked Sara H at all ,thought she was a nice person, harmless and would try to buffer Meeagins harshness but today she pissed me off . Just made for a crowded panel with everyone jockeying for their time. 
What a low down disgusting person McCain is.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, chitowngirl said:

For some context-there were only 11 Coneheads sketches, 21 Wayne’s World sketches, Mr. Robinson’s Neighborhood 10x, and 6 Olympia Cafe (cheeburger, cheeburger, no Pepsi, Coke!).

No Coke, Pepsi

• Love 3
3 hours ago, slasherboy said:

What. the. Fuck. Was. That!?

That's all I kept saying during the entire show....I guess they all have to get back in the groove after their break, plus finding a new rhythm now that Sara has rejoined the table??  (I hope that's the case)

One other thing - we've all noticed the overly glossed lips of Meghan's - does anyone else think she is using one of those lip=plumping glosses?  Her lips look much fuller than in the past, where I often thought her lips were kind of thin.  Not that there's anything wrong with thin lips and I actually strongly dislike any kind of overly done lip plumping or filler.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 4