Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E09: Meet Gracie Duggar

Temperance
  • Start Topic

John David goes from bachelor till the rapture to dad! He prepares for the arrival of his first child by making a video for Abbie. Abbie goes into labour, but it's deemed a false alarm. After labouring overnight, she and John meet their daughter.

Her name is Grace, but they call her Gracie. Also John David isn't a "bachelor father" he got married and was married over a year (about 14 months) before Grace was born. But hey this happened in 2020! They're catching up. 

• LOL 8

It looked like Jana was wearing pants when JD was doing the video for the baby.  Did I see wrong? Though I would not be surprised if the adult Duggar daughters  decided to wear pants but film in dresses and skirts. This family, what is real and what is just for show?

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Hey, baby.  It’s John.  Your dad.”

I’ve tried and tried, but I just can’t seem to hate John David.

Funny that JD made a special video for the baby about how her parents met... using footage that TLC already shot telling the world how her parents met!

Edited by tvisme
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
10 hours ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Hey, baby.  It’s John.  Your dad.”

I’ve tried and tried, but I just can’t seem to hate John David.

He went to the Bahamas after a hurricane and walked around with a badge and a gun, commandeering supplies from the locals.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, lascuba said:

He went to the Bahamas after a hurricane and walked around with a badge and a gun, commandeering supplies from the locals.

I hope he also took time to help out with those in Lake Charles, LA who suffered from Hurricane Laura, which is practically in his backyard.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, AussiesRule said:

Why does Jana have Michelle on her phone as "Momma Duggar'?

I don't know about the Duggar part, but I'd say the "Momma" bit is a southern thing. I know lots of adult Southerners who still call their parents by names they used in childhood. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Video:

so Andrew Patton is the "training officer" - surely related to Elizabeth and Lydia that have been shown with the duggars quite a bit lately

eta - lydia has a pic on her instagram with big brother Drew

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

I don't know about the Duggar part, but I'd say the "Momma" bit is a southern thing. I know lots of adult Southerners who still call their parents by names they used in childhood. 

as opposed to calling them by what? I don't want my offspring to call me by my first name...

I guess when (or if) I become a "grand", I will think of something cutesy , which probably everyone will use..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
Just now, sATL said:

as opposed to calling them bu what? I don't want my offspring to call me by my first name...

I guess when (or if) I become a "grand", I will think of something cutesy , which probably everyone will use..

I mean adults calling their parents Mommy/Momma and Daddy rather than Dad and Mom. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Nysha said:

"Keep all the families effected in your prayers."

School of the Dining Room Table strikes again.

I don't know.  So many educated people have issues with affect/effect, lose/loose (my personal favorite), their/they're/there, etc.  When I type on my phone, i always type its even if I mean it's because I am too lazy to pull up the apostrophe.   

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, sATL said:

as opposed to calling them by what? I don't want my offspring to call me by my first name...

I think it's the "Duggar" part.  I mean, she only has one "momma."   So why specify Duggar?  Is there a back up "momma" we don't know about?!  🙂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, tvisme said:

I think it's the "Duggar" part.  I mean, she only has one "momma."   So why specify Duggar?  Is there a back up "momma" we don't know about?!  🙂

Maybe she's actually married and calls her MIL "Momma McFundy." They're keeping it super hush-hush until whatever scandal from that DHS investigation goes public.

• LOL 12

Aside from looking at the cute babies Jessa/Ben seem to create - just how many pieces of paper does one need to tape to the wall? Is this part of their schooling? Maybe get a bulletin board (the kind that stuff sticks to; no pins) or white board, that is out of kiddies reach ?

Name spelling... Suprgeon should at least know it begins with an "S", by now

image.png.7d8855fc8f0d90a1be8ebf46642bbc1b.png

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

Watching this episode now and it annoys me every time they say Michelle "has been through labor countless times". It's not countless. It's 17. 17 times. That's a lot, but it takes 2 seconds to come up with the actual number. And I'm terrible at math. 

I thought the same thing! COUNTless times?

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

I mean adults calling their parents Mommy/Momma and Daddy rather than Dad and Mom. 

I still do. I’m going to be 50 this year. My mom always called her father “daddy” until his death at 100. 

• Love 9

Does Jana earn any income (besides what she gets from TLC)?  Maybe JB gives her money for being a nanny or something.  What 30-year-old woman would not want to earn her own money?  I guess if she's happy it doesn't matter one way or the other.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, sATL said:

It’s listing her last name that’s strange.

3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don't know.  So many educated people have issues with affect/effect, lose/loose (my personal favorite), their/they're/there, etc.  When I type on my phone, i always type its even if I mean it's because I am too lazy to pull up the apostrophe.   

I agree, but before posting things like they did, they could double check for those errors.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

Watching this episode now and it annoys me every time they say Michelle "has been through labor countless times". It's not countless. It's 17. 17 times. That's a lot, but it takes 2 seconds to come up with the actual number. And I'm terrible at math. 

I guess when they run out of fingers they can't count any higher...?

• LOL 16

Ratings are in:  1.092 M viewers and a .18 rating.  29th cable show of the day.

8:00 repeat:  482 K viewers and a .08 rating.  87th cable show of the day.

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 5
18 hours ago, AussiesRule said:

Why does Jana have Michelle on her phone as "Momma Duggar'?

Because Mechelle isn’t her real mother? (She hopes) 

Not sure if I can force myself to watch this episode they already showed Abby give birth months ago. 

• Love 2

Do all of the Duggar women who deliver in a hospital use the same OB-GYN, like all of the Bates women do ? Surely there has to be another Dr. Vick  in Arkansas who, awaits for the next baby to drop.

I do admire how JD/Abbie managed not to have the pushing part of the birth filmed.

Abbie's father is the 1st grandfather-to-be (Bates&Duggars) that made himself useful during home-part of labor, that we've seen, right? It seems like his readings and rubbing her back brought her comfort.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 7

I laughed when I read upthread about Momma Duggar.  lol  In NC, many people call their parents mama, mommy, daddy, for their entire lives.  Age makes no difference. And, I looked into my phone and saw that I have my father listed as Daddy James home and cell.  lol   I have no idea why.  I have my brothers listed similarly.  

I have no real issues with this couple, but, I most admit that I'm always a little taken aback when people stress how much someone else takes care of them.  Maybe, having your DH do your toe nails is romantic, but, IDK.  I prefer a salon, if possible.  I've never felt the need to be taken care of.  I have a friend who's husband used to tell her what she needed to eat at meals, administered her her daily medication and supplements, and insisted she drink enough water every day.  She thought this was great.  She was in her mid thirties.  

They seem to be very happy, so, that's wonderful.  Glad Gracie and mom are healthy.  She shouldn't have to be embarrassed she got an epidural.  lol  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I have no real issues with this couple, but, I most admit that I'm always a little taken aback when people stress how much someone else takes care of them.  Maybe, having your DH do your toe nails is romantic, but, IDK.  I prefer a salon, if possible.  I've never felt the need to be taken care of.  I have a friend who's husband used to tell her what she needed to eat at meals, administered her her daily medication and supplements, and insisted she drink enough water every day.  She thought this was great.  She was in her mid thirties.  

Thirties? I thought you were going to say 60s or 70s! When my mom started her battle with dementia, my dad often made sure she took her meds, ate, drank..... 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Thirties? I thought you were going to say 60s or 70s! When my mom started her battle with dementia, my dad often made sure she took her meds, ate, drank..... 

Right.  An older person or someone who is ill, I get, but, no. She was a young lady who was pretty healthy.  She had had intestinal surgery years prior, but, it only required that she eat a healthy diet, avoid nuts, seeds, and drink plenty of water.  She seemed to like to lay around and be helpless, so she could be taken care of.  I just found it odd.  I've always seen myself capable to do anything that I need. If a piece of furniture is too large for me to move, I'll get professionals.  One, exception.  I did call my ex to remove a dead mouse from my house once. lol  So, maybe, we all have our needs.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Right.  An older person or someone who is ill, I get, but, no. She was a young lady who was pretty healthy.  She had had intestinal surgery years prior, but, it only required that she eat a healthy diet, avoid nuts, seeds, and drink plenty of water.  She seemed to like to lay around and be helpless, so she could be taken care of.  I just found it odd.  I've always seen myself capable to do anything that I need. If a piece of furniture is too large for me to move, I'll get professionals.  One, exception.  I did call my ex to remove a dead mouse from my house once. lol  So, maybe, we all have our needs.  

I had my ex kill a cricket when he dropped off my son! 

I had intestinal surgery last year and my husband took over cleaning the tub and cleaning the litter box. He still cleans the litter box, but now that I'm better, I get the tub. I was on a special diet for several months and he never had to remind me or tell me what to eat. 

• Love 6
On 9/2/2020 at 7:55 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

Lose/loose, weather/whether, and “I couldn’t care less.” Oh! Make it stoooop! Seriously!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Enya Face said:

Lose/loose, weather/whether, and “I couldn’t care less.” Oh! Make it stoooop! Seriously!

That and all the "could of, should of, would of". Do people just not realize that the word "have" exists? "Could of" doesn't even make sense.

• Love 16

Ok I actually watched this and one things that stood out to me was Josiah saying all his family packed inside John & Abbys house was like a clown car, I thought clown car was slang for Mechelles vagina and I couldn’t stop laughing. 

• LOL 21
  • Love 3