Type keyword(s) to search

Thrive Without Janelle: The Accountability Group

• Start Topic

Just checking in, still pretty consistent. Same old same old, except I've been on vacation visiting family because we're all vaccinated. Been working out less (30 minutes-45 minutes average) and due to my food allergies and vegetarianism, I don't eat much and am unintentionally dropping weight. It can be difficult, though, when everyone else is eating pizza  or waffles and I'm sitting there with my tofu and veggies or essentials shake--but later on, I'm grateful to have not consumed any of that stuff. The allergies keep me in check.

I also suspect working out less has reduced inflammation responses in my body. This is something for me to be mindful of when I get back home and want to kick it up a few notches. The slower pace has been good for me. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

5,058 steps yesterday. Under the weather didn't walk much.

Hope you feel better today.  You have already logged lots of steps this past few days, so a slow day doesn't hurt your goals.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Hope you’re feeling better, @Gramto6 !

4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Hope you feel better today.  You have already logged lots of steps this past few days, so a slow day doesn't hurt your goals.

Thanks, I am feeling better, but not totally over whatever this is. Will be taking it slow today too.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

5,727 steps yesterday. For some reason I was really sleepy in the evening and kept falling asleep in the recliner.

I don't know about anyone else, but I want to hear more about your cozy recliner!  What kind is it?

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I want to hear more about your cozy recliner!  What kind is it?

Just a regular ole cloth recliner from a local furniture store. I bought it just before my cancer surgery in 2013. It helped me sleep frequently in those early days. (And still does!)

7,745 steps yesterday.

• Love 6

At a mixed point in my life right now—working out, working and eating solely plant-based has me dropping weight without trying. Most people would say “yay well done”, but I don’t actually NEED to drop any. Still, I’m hungry for more (pun intended). I feel like my anorexia has been triggered and is pretending to exist under the guise of “healthfulness”. 

How can I be healthy in the actual, pure sense and not an anorexic one? For now, I really do feel good and it always starts out that way. That’s what pulls me in. 

• Love 6