Type keyword(s) to search

Thrive Without Janelle: The Accountability Group

• Start Topic

8,347 steps yesterday. Running errands helped the count. I fell unloading the car and I actually kept trying to move around after the fall to not stiffen up too much. Still sore today, but will try to move as much as possible. Lovely purple bruises on right knee, hip and elbow...

• Love 4

You guys! I’m loving my indoor cycle sessions. I thought I’d hate them, but I actually love them. I look forward to it every morning after my morning run/walks (still fighting spinal issues). 

IF I can get back on the road to running, I’m tentatively thinking about small triathlons—I used to be a beach lifeguard am am also good at swimming. The cross training would be good for me. But it’s the running that could hold me up—I think a 10k is all I could manage. But we’ll see! Fingers crossed! 

• Love 12

Perhaps now and again we can have something that is more useful than Janelle's drivel:

https://www.eatthis.com/news-side-effect-casual-walk/

How casual walking can help.

I found this statistic shocking:

A quarter of all women over the age of 65 are physically incapable of walking just two or three blocks or climbing a single flight of stairs. The researchers cite the "lack of moderate to vigorous-intensity physical activity" as the single biggest culprit for this, which over time manifests itself in mobility disability.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

6,211 steps yesterday. Fell asleep in the recliner for a couple hours in the evening so lost quite a bit of walking time.

You have had an amazing week so a few hours on the recliner are well deserved.  I just hope you didn't snooze right through the Deep Thoughts by Kody Brown and Company.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 3/22/2021 at 12:30 PM, Sandy W said:

You have had an amazing week so a few hours on the recliner are well deserved.  I just hope you didn't snooze right through the Deep Thoughts by Kody Brown and Company.

I actually did! That show is a real snooze fest! I'll try to stay awake to watch it tonight.

7,879 steps yesterday.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Gram, hope that you are feeling better.

Thanks, by this evening I am feeling much better, but I took it very easy today. I had very little sleep last night and was very weak this morning. I had a bit of a fever early in the day, but so far it is coming down. Kind of scary all things considered...

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

8,390 steps yesterday.

Gramto6, I haven't been looking at this thread, but since I may join Janelle's group, I thought I should check it out.  You're truly an inspiration! 

I just bought an under-desk cycle so I can be more active at work, but I've also been trying to walk every day.  It's really hard...especially when I weigh as much as I do and have broken a ton of bones in both my feet over the years.  

I get the cycle on Saturday, so I'll report back on it.  But it might be good for you in your recliner!  lol

• Love 7