Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: Keep It Together

• Start Topic

Right. And I feel like all these issues are magnified for Ali by having a twin sister right next to her - a young girl her exact age, size, etc., doing things she *wants* to do but can't, or getting right back up after she falls.... I think Leah and Corey would be wise to realize this, and figure out how to address the differences between the sisters in a way that's positive, instead of her feeling like she's failed if she can't get back up. And telling her she can do anything so long as she puts her mind to it is not only stupid, but patently wrong.

I totally agree with this, maybe if she was an only child I would understand her not really *knowing* her limitations, but she has a twin, so inevitably I would expect that she has to talk about not being able to do the same things, the same way as her sister. A few posters pointed out recognizing how "normal" people do things and figuring out how they are going to do it... I think that is a great way to look at it. Ali is very smart so I think having to think out of the box to modify things sometimes will be a great skill to have. Actually I think if people could look at things like that on the regular basis it would help them, but I digress. My niece is 3, and her favorite response when asked to pick up toys is " but it will make me tired" soto me it kinda makes sense for Ali to say that to a degree, but I wouldn't want it to truly become a crutch in the future.

If she were really abusing him

If??? She is an admitted abuser. She admitted abusing him the night before the reunion show, only after Dr. Drew brought the matter up, as if Kail would admit hitting Javi on her own. I also never said Javi did not choose this life. I just focused my post on Kail. Kail is the one who wanted her man to enter the air force and she is the one who wanted a baby. I think no matter how much Javi would have told Kail to hold off on getting pregnant, she would have done it anyways because the way I see it, Kail doesn't do anything unless there is something in it for her. She had to get pregnant to ensure Javi is around for the long haul and to secure those lovely military benefits, you know, the ones she mentioned when talking to Jo about why she was getting married to Javi.

What Javi and Kail should do instead of throwing money around on fugly tattoos, is go to counseling. If she feels Javi is not helping her enough and there are issues, go to counseling and work on those issues rather than tat your fat ass up.

• Love 5

Janelle got herself a shiny yellow Hummer with her Teen Mom money-- just the thing for an unemployed mother with an equally unemployed boyfriend.  No point in banking some of the money and getting a Honda Civic or something, since the Teen Mom money will keep rolling in forever.    

• Love 4
(edited)

It came to me while watching the episode that the way these reality show people live is, the new welfare. Get your check and go shopping!

Jenelle with the new Hummer is what got me to thinking this is how people who don't have an education and don't work, throw around money that comes easy to them. I keep Chelsea out of this though because she at least established herself in a career, has not had another baby, regardless of the fact she did have sex with Adam again on at least two occasions that we know of, but still, no pregnancy, thank goodness. She went out and bought herself a house for herself and her daughter. I just realized, this also describes Farrah Abraham to some degree.

Please, please, please let this season be the last season!! I want to know how Jenelle and Nathan will turn out once the MTV cash is no longer available to them. Nathan is along for the ride as long as he and Jenelle  are earning easy money. Nathan pushing for a kid with Jenelle reeks of Kail wanting a baby quickly with Javi and Jeremy wanting Leah to have a baby - for different reasons of course, but those reasons are not about the desire to love and raise a child. Love fits in there somewhere, but it is not the main reason. Jeremy and Kail wanted to keep their partner from going anywhere, and Nathan sees it as wanting to secure Jenelle's money as his money, including the money he earns as an individual on this show.

As for Javi, I am getting the sense that he is not seen as a true victim of abuse. Is it because he is a guy? The thing about abuse, is it doesn't happen daily. Victims in general are not hit, slapped, grabbed by the head on a daily basis. Those are usually in the more extreme cases where the abuser is keeping their partner from even venturing outdoors or having any sort of life. What Kail does is more emotional and mental abuse and that likely happens more on a daily basis. The physical abuse comes in when she has lost all control of her anger. It makes sense why Kail pushed Javi so quickly into this relationship from the beginning because having him live in her home, on a daily basis, is how she feels in control. Of course the next steps were talks about marriage, getting him in a career that can secure her future and possibly keep him away from any sort of contact with his family and other girls could have also been a factor. Javi seems to have some strong-headed sisters who look out for his best interest. Keeping Javi away from them makes it easier for Kail and possibly gives her a sense of over-powering them. I can't recall exactly what Kail said to Javi shortly before their marriage ceremony, but it was during that mess about the $18 earrings. Kail gave me the impression that it really pissed her off that Javi dared to side with his family - his sisters - on the matter. She said some words about how it should be all about her. 

Either way, Javi may come off as a dick towards Jo, and I will admit, it really bothers me that he behaves this way to him because Isaac is being witness to it and he will one day come to resent Javi if this behavior continues. Isaac does seem to hurt when he sees the adults in his life are not happy, and it mainly seems to be when he is with Kail and Javi since he is in their care more than Jo. I do agree that Javi's behavior towards Jo is a reflection of all that Kail has said about Jo to Javi.

As for Jo not being sincere or authentic, it seems to me Jo has been the consistent one in the Kail group to say things that are positive including the few interviews he has given and the comments he has made to the media when pressed for an answer about any specific topic. One that comes to mind is the marijuana smoking that was alleged to have occurred by Kail when she was pregnant. Jo quickly came to her defense and said she never did such a thing and put that rumor to rest. He has also commented on how great a mother she is to Isaac. He has not said anything about Javi in a negative fashion or on a regular basis much like Javi has done ON CAMERA. As someone here pointed out, Kail and Javi are like two gossiping hyenas when the topic of Jo comes up or right after he leaves their home. And, it happens ON CAMERA! Don't they think? Doesn't Kail have the sense to remember that her son will one day see this footage? What a couple of maroons (thanks Bugs Bunny).  Eh, who am I kidding? Kail has no sense.  Kail has also been consistent. She has been consistently bitchy and negative. Back to Jo, I think he is aware of the cameras and who is to say that is a bad thing? This guy knows that what he says and does will be cemented in internet history. He does not come off as being phony, but more like BEING CAREFUL. I can't blame him. He has a son. Jo is probably not proud of himself for the times he called Kail names and said some rude things to her, but he said things in the heat of the moment, sort of like how Kail gets physical and calls the cops and lies about who was abusing who. The difference is, what Jo says is not a crime, and if I had to deal with Kail, I'd call her a few choice words myself. What Kail has done, and I am sure it is still happening, is a crime.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 5
"Also, the look Javi gave to Jo when Jo told Isaac "you want me to take mommy with us?" I think Javi knows there's still some feelings from Kail toward Jo or he's just very insecure in his marriage."

I saw that differently. Jo said that he wanted to take Kail along *in the trunk*. I got the impression he was referencing knocking her out and throwing her in the trunk, and talking trash while intending it to go over Isaac's head.

I didn't take it either of those ways. I just thought Jo was trying to be outrageous and funny, thereby making Isaac laugh and lose focus on being upset over leaving his mom. 

• Love 4

I agree, of course it was just Jo trying to lighten the situation with his son. It's called sarcasm, but it was done in a funny way. There was nothing at all rude, crude or mean about it whatsoever. If Kail didn't read anything into it, and you know if he had said something she perceived wrong, she would have opened up that big mouth of hers and said something.

Can someone tell me why the hell is Kail wearing those scarves around her neck all the damn time? Is she trying to hide her 20 chins? No one else is dressed like it is freezing so it can't be because it is cold and she is keeping warm. Ridiculous.

I also want someone to yank those damn flowers Leah puts her hair. Her cheeks look like how little girls put blusher on their cheeks when they play with make-up.

• Love 1
Can someone tell me why the hell is Kail wearing those scarves around her neck all the damn time? Is she trying to hide her 20 chins? No one else is dressed like it is freezing so it can't be because it is cold and she is keeping warm. Ridiculous.

I also want someone to yank those damn flowers Leah puts her hair. Her cheeks look like how little girls put blusher on their cheeks when they play with make-up.

I know some scarf-wearers who wear them ALL the time (summer, winter, I've even seen them pair scarves with shorts). I can barely be convinced to wear one in the winter so I've never understood it, but maybe Kail's into scarves.

Leah's makeup was horrible this time around!  I was thinking it was the worst ad ever for Mary-Kay or Avon or whatever it is that she's selling. I'm pretty sure Toys R Us sells the same shade cheaper. I originally thought it was just red cheeks from heat, emotion, etc. which I can really relate to but on looking at it more it seems to be intentional.  Eek.

• Love 2
(edited)
I know some scarf-wearers who wear them ALL the time (summer, winter, I've even seen them pair scarves with shorts). I can barely be convinced to wear one in the winter so I've never understood it, but maybe Kail's into scarves.

The thing is, Kail was not a scarf wearer before. Look at old episodes from seasons past, and she rarely wore them. Never did she wear them while indoors.  I am guessing she may have seen herself in selfies, on her television screen, and on the internet, and she saw how she can't see her neck. Hiding it only makes it more obvious.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2