Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Saturday - The Son

• Start Topic

Plagued by a disturbing dream, Sam awakes to find himself in a compromising situation and, having missed the morning crossing to return to the mainland, spends the day trying to learn more about the islanders’ beliefs. After a series of confusing and terrifying events leaves him shaken, Sam quickly plots a way off Osea with Jess, but is convinced to stay put as the islanders prepare for a dry run of their big event.

Airdate 09.21.2020

I just kept screaming at him. Idiot. Tho, yeah, I feel that he's being compelled or glamoured by the people or the island. Whatshername is in on it all, I'm guessing? Her story about a super controlling husband who watches everything she does doesn't seem to jibe with her coming repeatedly to this island with its apparently debauched bacchanalia.

His poor wife. If he makes it out of this alive, she should kill him

• Love 6

Ugh, I have little patience for this nonsensical drivel. Yeah, yeah, all the usual cliches are here. A desperate do-gooder who just wants to go home can't because, he's too stupid to actual go home. Oh, but he's being psychologically manipulated, or is he just a guilty jerk who doesn't want to go home? There's weird locals, screaming harpies, weapon-toting crazies, a mysterious burning trailer, hallucinogenics, a crazy festival with evil undertones, bonfires, mysterious children, dead children, crazy children, infidelity that just couldn't be helped, and lots of sweating. 

I was hoping this was a three-parter, since it was called The Third Day, but it looks like I have to suck it up for four more episodes if I want to see if the writers actually wrap it up with a cool twisty satisfying end. Or it was all a dream! He was dead along! His dead son is actually alive! 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Shermie said:

Ugh, I have little patience for this nonsensical drivel. Yeah, yeah, all the usual cliches are here. A desperate do-gooder who just wants to go home can't because, he's too stupid to actual go home. Oh, but he's being psychologically manipulated, or is he just a guilty jerk who doesn't want to go home? There's weird locals, screaming harpies, weapon-toting crazies, a mysterious burning trailer, hallucinogenics, a crazy festival with evil undertones, bonfires, mysterious children, dead children, crazy children, infidelity that just couldn't be helped, and lots of sweating. 

I was hoping this was a three-parter, since it was called The Third Day, but it looks like I have to suck it up for four more episodes if I want to see if the writers actually wrap it up with a cool twisty satisfying end. Or it was all a dream! He was dead along! His dead son is actually alive! 

On point. I too was thinking what more can they cram into an hour? I’m having trouble connecting with the story because they are too busy with all this other stuff that they don’t seem to be telling any story at all. What a mess. 

• Love 2

Plus, he finally gets to a point on the causeway with cell service and his message to his wife is that he's somewhere with no service and he'll be home tomorrow. Yet, he thinks they're trying to kill him. Even if he stupidly feels obligated to stay for the protection of the girl (can't remember her name), why not tell his wife where he is? You know, so when he's never heard from again, she at least knows where to start looking.

If I was his wife, I'd be thinking, if you don't have cell service, asshole, how are you sending this message? And where are you? And why can't you come home? And why don't you call instead of text, so we can actually have a conversation? 

But this is yet another example of people in tv shows not behaving like real people would. Not asking questions, making arrangements, learning what's going on. Just la la la, share a room with a stranger, drink and drug yourself into oblivion, think everyone's out to get you, and yet, don't leave at the first opportunity. 

• Love 6

What happens if anyone on the island has a major medical emergency that can't be treated on the island? They have to wait 12 hours or so for the tide to go down?

I'm starting to wonder if Epona has a twin or Sam has DID.

Anyone seeing this as a loose take on Shakespeare's The Tempest?

• Love 1

The people of the island are clearly playing Sam like a fiddle based on his traumatic past, but he is certainly making it easy for them. I really like the weird atmosphere of this show and am decently interested in seeing where its going, especially as October is coming up and I am all about those spooky vibes, but we are also falling into the trap of characters in a horror story making stupid choices just to keep the plot going. Just keep driving! Drive back to civilization and then call the cops and tell them that there could be a child in danger and let them freaking handle it! Also, while Sam might have been tricked into thinking that this isnt some kind of creepy cult, is it a great idea to do drugs in a place you dont know well right after having a kind of psychotic episode and are having hallucinations? 

I also dont think the story that Jess told about her abusive husband totally lines up. So she is so worried about her controlling and abusive husband finding out that she had a one night stand with some guy and that this will keep her from seeing her daughters, but has also been going to this big pagan orgy/low rent island Cochella for years? I am pretty sure that she is totally in on this. I also think that this has something to do with Sams grandpa being stationed on the island during the war, did he have a kid on the island during orgy mask night? 

Of course, maybe he cant leave because he died and this is his Bad place or something.

• Love 2