Type keyword(s) to search

LSSC: Season Six Episode Talk

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ABay said:

I don't suppose anyone has a screenshot of Charlemagne Tha God's list from the ShowTime special? I watched the version CBS aired Friday night and every time I paused the recording it would go to another screen after a few seconds (Directv does this annoying thing). The list is in Greek, or at least Cyrillic, and I was trying to figure out if was actually Greek words or English words spelled with Cyrillic letters.

The video is on YouTube. You can go to 1:41 and pause it to check. I’d be curious as to what you find, as I read neither Greek nor the Greek alphabet.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=17ahVN4ExIQ

• Love 1

"Road from the White House". Nice :p. 

Aw, Stephen's so happy :D! I love it! Really nice end speech from him in that monologue. 

"It's not a good sign when people react to you losing your job the way we reacted to getting Bin Laden." LOL. I agree with him on Kamala's white suit, too. She looked fantastic. 

I cannot get over that Four Seasons landscaping story. That is just the funniest, strangest thing.

• Love 12

I just tuned in to see Stephen's monologue.  It was so brilliant and eloquent on so many levels.  Especially the parts about reality and about "wrestling with the pig".

And funny as well!  I agree, so good to see him so happy.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, roseha said:

Especially the parts about reality and about "wrestling with the pig".

That "wrestling with the pig" bit was a really nice touch. I appreciate him acknowledging that side effect of the last four years, and owning up to it. 

Loving this interview with Abrams. She's just amazing.  I look so forward to seeing what else she'll be able to do for this country going forward. 

Really nice story from Stephen about Alex Trebek as well. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Annber03 said:

"Road from the White House". Nice :p. 

Aw, Stephen's so happy :D! I love it! Really nice end speech from him in that monologue. 

"It's not a good sign when people react to you losing your job the way we reacted to getting Bin Laden." LOL. I agree with him on Kamala's white suit, too. She looked fantastic. 

I cannot get over that Four Seasons landscaping story. That is just the funniest, strangest thing.

And now I need for Jon to show up and see him and Stephen be all smiley and laughing together!

What?

• Love 5

Thanks for the link @ahisma. I didn't get them all, but they are Greek words. If anyone's interested: Office space, trousers, handshake, high five, i am going to work, friends, athletic manifest?, holidays, flying, school, work interview, and there were a couple at the bottom I couldn't get a good look at.

This is based on my hazy memory of what sounds correspond to the letters and a translation site that didn't always believe me when I said that squiggle was a sigma.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

The "B-positive" show Middleditch was promoting is supposed to be a comedy, if you can believe that. It's raunchy and ridiculous, not what you'd expect from an organ transplant show. I actually think it's pretty terrible, so maybe that's why they hardly said anything about it. 

• Love 3

Oh, my god, that Browning story. I loved how the whole "Here's where the..." bit kept building and building as the story went on. What in the ever-loving hell

I also loved the bit with the badly spelled celebrity/politician names. "Oh, come on, it's not that hard to spell 'Lindsay Graham'." XD. 

• LOL 4

I was today-years-old when I learned Gillian Anderson has a British accent (and I was a teen when The X-Files started airing, so...). I thought from filming The Crown maybe she had caught the same fake British accent syndrome afflicting Madonna, but then read Anderson was actually raised until she was 11 in London, so she is "bidialectal."

(I was also today-years-old when I learned "bidialectal" was a word.)

Edited by dvr devotee
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, dvr devotee said:

I was today-years-old when I learned Gillian Anderson has a British accent (and I was a teen when The X-Files started airing, so...). I thought from filming The Crown maybe she had caught the same fake British accent syndrome afflicting Madonna, but then read Anderson was actually raised until she was 11 in London, so she is "bidialectal."

(I was also today-years-old when I learned "bidialectal" was a word.)

Ha, same on all of this (except I was a kid when "X-Files" started :p) :D! She's had quite the fascinating life. 

That Hugh Grant interview was painful, and imo not so much Stephen's fault this time. Didn't really need to hear about creepy Barbie fantasies from the guy known for a real-life sex scandal. HG and Julia Roberts as well always strike me as assholes who only do these shows if they have a project they're being forced to promote.

Oh, how I've missed non-Drumph pieces like Covetton House! The struggle is not over, but I feel like we are truly on the Road from the White House. Blueberry briefcase!!

• Love 9

I saw one of the headlines and thought that was just a newspaper/site being cheeky at first :p. But yeah, that's hilarious-sounds like a good strategy going forward to me :D. 

Also loved the whole Eric Trump bit, and Jon singing was too cute :). 

1,000 shows. Wow. Congrats to Stephen and his crew! 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Kromm said:

He's Whoopi Goldberging it?

Not exactly. He wouldn’t say Trump’s name in his monologue or in the Road from the White House” , and would skip over his name in those clips where his name was blocked out by asterisks, but would refer to him as “the president” and did mention his name in the interviews.

Whoopie just refuses to say his name or even call him the President.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Rudy Giuliani - man asking a rat if it's going to finish that cockroach.

I tried to remember that line when the show was first on. Lucky for me, it's the rerun tonight and it still makes me laugh out loud.  And, I can type it out here for posterity. 

• LOL 7

I loved that "coup coup" joke, too :D. Also laughed at "And the award for the nicest thing ever said about Rudy Giuliani goes to...".

That story about the tree was good, too. Yep. Pretty much sums it up. 

• Love 8

LMAO at "Phantom of the Sex Shop" :D. Indeed, Giuliani has definitely been the comedy gift that keeps on giving this past month or so. I also loved the platypus bit in "Meanwhile", particularly the CSI: Brisbane line. 

I would buy Now That's What I Call Yam Jams. "Randy the Red-Nosed Uncle" was my favorite. 

That book Stephen mentioned that he gave to Jon sounds cool. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Annber03 said:

LMAO at "Phantom of the Sex Shop" :D. Indeed, Giuliani has definitely been the comedy gift that keeps on giving this past month or so. I also loved the platypus bit in "Meanwhile", particularly the CSI: Brisbane line. 

I would buy Now That's What I Call Yam Jams. "Randy the Red-Nosed Uncle" was my favorite. 

That book Stephen mentioned that he gave to Jon sounds cool. 

That Phantom photo of Rudy was truly horrifying! It would have been preferable if he’d been wearing a mask.

Jon’s Thanksgiving carols were great! Loved the manic look he developed over “Cranberry sauce. Cranberry sauce...”

Very clever, the way Jon’s getting cheese biscuits sent to both his parents and to him 🤣

• Love 8

Am I the only one who was disturbed by the mirror-image arrangement of the furniture for last night's first post-start-of-pandemic in-studio interview?
I kept thinking it wasn't real.

image.thumb.png.be7887e1c8da680dbc7b816b6369990b.png

The trash-basket basket ball tourney sort of dispelled my visual skepticism,
but then I was obsessed with wanting a do-over to see Obama win after he had an opportunity to practice and pre-crush his paper. 😉

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

The set wasn’t quite a mirror image, but darn close, and more stark than I thought it needed to be.  I wasn’t nearly as disturbed by that as I was by hearing President Obama say he was spending all his time crumpling his balls though.  Dad, ewwww!!!

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

It is a sad commentary on the current occupant of the office that I was so very comforted to hear a President of this country speaking in complete sentences, expressing rational thoughts, and having a sense of humor.

• Love 22
3 hours ago, Hooper said:

I wasn’t nearly as disturbed by that as I was by hearing President Obama say he was spending all his time crumpling his balls though.  Dad, ewwww!!!

I loved when they showed Stephen's reaction to that. His expression plainly said, "I'm not even going to respond to that..." :p. 

That wastebasket game was fun. And I liked hearing Obama talk honestly about how his decision to run for president affected Michelle and their family.

1 hour ago, ABay said:

It is a sad commentary on the current occupant of the office that I was so very comforted to hear a President of this country speaking in complete sentences, expressing rational thoughts, and having a sense of humor.

I was thinking the same thing. I think that's one big reason Stephen was so excited about getting to talk to him again. 

• Love 10

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the interview with President Obama.

Now I want one with Michelle Obama and Stephen!

I really wish Stephen had gone into "Colbert" when Obama talked about that character.

What was that gadget in the trash bin where Stephen was throwing his paper balls? Did he....CHEAT???

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What was that gadget in the trash bin where Stephen was throwing his paper balls? Did he....CHEAT???

I assumed it was some kind of sensor that triggered the "ding" when a shot went in.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Annber03 said:
6 hours ago, ABay said:

I was thinking the same thing.

Having spent most of my life locked into family and work relationships with individuals with sociopathic tendencies, I'm very good at "out of sight: out of mind," so 45 didn't enter my mind other than when Colbert brought him into the conversation. I was just soaking up Obama's humor and joy. 
Hearing about the negative impact on his family disturbed me, but it was certainly an appropriate topic.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, shapeshifter said:

Having spent most of my life locked into family and work relationships with individuals with sociopathic tendencies, I'm very good at "out of sight: out of mind," so 45 didn't enter my mind other than when Colbert brought him into the conversation.

It was jarring when they played that clip from his press conference yesterday, given he hasn't spoken in public the last couple weeks. I'd started getting used to not hearing his voice. 

On a related note, I laughed at the idea of naming Trump's presidential library after that comment one of the reporters made after his brief speech: "Well, that was weird as shit." :p.

Hearing about the negative impact on his family disturbed me, but it was certainly an appropriate topic.

Agreed. And I totally understand Michelle's reservations, especially given some of the crap the family had to go through once Obama did run, and while he was president. Obama's guilt and remorse over that aspect of things came through very strongly. 

• Love 7

John O was hilarious with Seth Meyers this week, too. 

On 11/25/2020 at 4:17 PM, ebk57 said:

And after that, we were treated to Brittany Howard!  A good show!!

I LOVE HER! I looked up what she's been doing lately and found out she's in TWO other bands besides Alabama Shakes and her own solo career. 

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 5

This is not specifically for Stephen because it might work for other shows--Mock the Week has added a Zoom audience to compensate for having a limited, or this week no, studio audience and I think it really helps. Since everything is edited, any Zoom bombs can be edited out.

• Useful 2

I do hope someone from The Asylum Productions (known for the Sharknado movies) was inspired by tonight's (Tuesday's) Quarantinewhile segment to begin penning the Lifetime (or ION) movie, "A Miss-Estimated Christmas" in which a traveling seller of Christmas kitch (named Mr. Grinchly) turns out to be an extraterrestrial Abominable Snowperson.

I have an enduring respect for Bryan Cranston and Breaking Bad, but it sounds like Cranston's new Showtime show is a bit of a rip-off of BrBa
It being an unoriginal concept wouldn't stop me from watching, but I don't get ShowTime and decided I'm no longer downloading video clandestinely, and I have too much to keep track of right now to sign up for "trials" that could roll over into subscriptions if I don't cancel them. 

• Love 3

I loved all the writers doing their Melissa impressions! Although almost kind of superfluous, since she's a parody of herself.

Also loved Jon shilling for a Christmas gift! I was thinking, hey Jon, you just got all those biscuits from Stephen, for you and your family, isn't that enough??!

• Love 7