Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E10: Power Of Veto Competition #3

• Start Topic

I'd really like to see Caleb go, over Devin, tonight.  His sense of entitlement to Amber is awful.  It's not that he doesn't get that she doesn't return his affections; it's that he thinks she doesn't get a say.  "I did this and this and this for you (even though you objected).  What makes you think you have the right to deny me?  And then insult my manhood by daring to talk to other men in the house!"

Ugh!  As bad as Devin is, he's not doing things like that.  And it might be interesting to see if this experience humbles him at all.

• Love 1
I'd really like to see Caleb go, over Devin, tonight.  His sense of entitlement to Amber is awful.  It's not that he doesn't get that she doesn't return his affections; it's that he thinks she doesn't get a say.  "I did this and this and this for you (even though you objected).  What makes you think you have the right to deny me?

I agree. He seems to think relationships are based on "owing" somebody something and not a MUTUAL interest in one another. It's very bizarre. 

(edited)

I think Donny's BB-enough to realize, after they asked him not to shave his beard before going into the house, that "hick" is his "character." The DR may be giving him lines like that to say, or he may be coming up with bits to support his "character" on his own, but surely he understands that BB casts for "roles," and that's his slot to fill this season. It's clearly working, since he was voted TA, and is getting very favorable edits, so playing along has its benefits. Not that he doesn't deserve a favorable edit, but even when they had a golden opportunity to show that Nicole actually did ask him to keep the Caleb convo under wraps but he blabbed anyway, they didn't. Little stuff like that, that overall protects his lovable rube who's smarter than you think image.

Edited by Ananayel

Caleb vs. Devin.  The Battle of the Blockheads.

Count me as another who would prefer that "Beast Mode Cowboy" stalker-nutcase Caleb go before Devin, who's actually a pretty good source of comedy with all the paranoia, weepiness, and house meetings.  Also, he is pretty much alone in the game, where Caleb still has some connections; as Cody said, get Caleb out before he goes too far.  (In the game, I mean, not in stalking Amber.  But that's also an issue.)

All that said, I was kind of rooting for Devin to win POV and take Caleb off the block, just to see what Derrick would do with his game plan so thoroughly fucked.  I mean, Devin was plan A and Caleb was plan B and Amber would probably be plan C (but she's safe since she won BotB) and Donny would perhaps be plan D (but ditto on his being safe) and maybe Jocasta the floater was plan E (you try not put up anyone you wouldn't be okay with losing), but even she might be safe due to the sympathy vote.  It's been a long, long time since I could remember a HoH having to dig so deeply to find a target; emotionally I wouldn't have liked it, since it might have taken out someone I like better than Caleb or Devin, but it would have been objectively interesting to see.

Even though I think her bowties are ridiculous, I thought it was so cute that they had one there in her chair.  It made me like her more for some reason.

I kind of wish the bowtie had played in the comp.  It might have done better than Derrick.

And I must give props to the comp designers, that was a great one. Completely new (not even an element borrowed from Survivor, as with the wine-tossing in "The Pouring Twenties"), combined mental/physical/luck elements, a great visual, and named for an awesome Rolling Stones song.  Loved it!  More, please.

And, not that he's in any way on Caleb's level, but IMO Hayden is getting a little try-hard with Nicole.  "I guess this time the Prince will have to kiss the frog."  Yeah, buddy, she's just not into you.  I know, it's a bummer getting rejected by a farm girl with chunky thighs, nerd glasses, and a strong accent, but it happens…deal.

(Not that I don't think Nicole is cute, despite all that; I'm just saying that Hayden may be a little surprised that he's getting absolutely nowhere, that's all.)

Not sure about Zach playing along with the "Amanda's cousin" rumor, but I was amused at how the side-by-side pictures they chose of them really did look similar.  Although I do wonder about how this house is being so cool about that, where last year they practically wanted to lynch Elissa for being Rachel's sister. Latent sexism (it's okay for Zach to have this secret, since he's a GUY, but…), or just saner houseguests?

(Probably a little of both, IMO.)

• Love 1

I kind of wish the bowtie had played in the comp.  It might have done better than Derrick.

And I must give props to the comp designers, that was a great one. Completely new (not even an element borrowed from Survivor, as with the wine-tossing in "The Pouring Twenties"), combined mental/physical/luck elements, a great visual, and named for an awesome Rolling Stones song.  Loved it!  More, please.

And, not that he's in any way on Caleb's level, but IMO Hayden is getting a little try-hard with Nicole.  "I guess this time the Prince will have to kiss the frog."  Yeah, buddy, she's just not into you.  I know, it's a bummer getting rejected by a farm girl with chunky thighs, nerd glasses, and a strong accent, but it happens…deal.

(Not that I don't think Nicole is cute, despite all that; I'm just saying that Hayden may be a little surprised that he's getting absolutely nowhere, that's all.)

Not sure about Zach playing along with the "Amanda's cousin" rumor, but I was amused at how the side-by-side pictures they chose of them really did look similar.  Although I do wonder about how this house is being so cool about that, where last year they practically wanted to lynch Elissa for being Rachel's sister. Latent sexism (it's okay for Zach to have this secret, since he's a GUY, but…), or just saner houseguests?

(Probably a little of both, IMO.)

I think if I were able to talk through the air vents in their rooms, I would go to Haydens room and tell him to cut that hair.  I think its holding him back with Nicole.  The long hair isn't cute on him IMO and its not even cut in a particular style its just sort of...there.  I don't know if he does it as an anti-establishment thing, but I think Nicole doesn't hail from those parts of the country known for that.  I think a nice tidy haircut would catch her, and probably everyone else's eye.

I don't know, I watched a little of Rachels season, and I'm not sure how she has so many fans, she seemed annoying, so I'm not sure if it was that, or if they thought that Elissa would always have some sort of secret knowledge/power because she was connected to such a well liked player.  It doesn't seem like anyone was all that into Amanda.

LOL @ the bowtie sussing out how to get the number 2 on top!

the only thing I would have changed about the competition would be to somehow limit the number of times you could "take on" one player in a row.  I think each "unpicked" person should have had to take on another person who hadn't been picked yet to compete.  I know no one likes Devin, but it felt unfair that he had to go up each and every time.  I think after Devin won against Christine, then Christine should have been out, and the next player Derrick, would have to either take on Donny or Caleb.  After Donny won that, then Caleb could choose to take on either Donny or Devin, and then the winner of that match takes on whomever wasn't chosen.  It just seemed unfair, especially since Donny was able to learn so much by just watching.

(edited)

Um, Cody for the next Bachelor?  :)

Derrick reminds me of one of the guys from the movie Beautiful Girls, with Matt Dillon.  The accent, his looks.  Everything.  Anyone know which actor I'm thinking of?  Might be Michael Rapaport, not sure.

Edited by woodscommaelle
(edited)

Um, Cody for the next Bachelor? :)

Derrick reminds me of one of the guys from the movie Beautiful Girls, with Matt Dillon. The accent, his looks. Everything. Anyone know which actor I'm thinking of? Might be Michael Rapaport, not sure.

Yes Michael Rapport, that's why even though his face is squished together I still find him the most attractive in the house. The Codys and Calebs do nothing for me. Edited by Jrae9233

If the girls were smart, they would have made a deal with Devin, kept him and used him as a shield. Of course that would have been a risk but maybe Devin had learned from his mistake and become more stable.