Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E16: Results Show 3

• Start Topic

AMERICA HAS VOTED!

• This is gonna require some ice cream. It's Irish Cream Brownie; unfortunately the alcohol content is negligible, but one makes do.
  • Dance Family vs Alan Silva: I just noticed Alan's eyebrow piercing. I keep trying to read his neck tattoo but I can't.
  • WAFFLEs and Nolan are not social distancing back there.
  • Annie Jones vs Sheldon Riley vs Christina Rae: Who didn't see that coming?
  • "I love that you started with Halleluja that's so funny!" It's not that funny.
  • "The best ever [rendition of Halleluja]." Eh.
  • Bonebreakers vs Max Major vs Usama: Surprised? Me neither. 
  • Do we really need to know the ages of the America's Got Questions askers?
  • Do we really need to give Terry more excuses to pop his pecs?
  • Okay, "Ed in Hawaii" got a real laugh from me when he appeared on the screen. Was not expecting that.
  • Has a Dunkin/Judge save contestant ever actually won? I'm gonna assume no.
  • I kept thinking Jon Dorenbos reminded me of someone. Finally figured it out. (From BBC's What did Jesus Really Look Like?)
  • Why do I have a hard time believing germaphobe Howie would allow Sofia to floss his teeth?
  • Dunkin Save: WAFFLE Crew vs Malik DOPE vs Nolan Neal - If I had to choose, I'd say WAFFLEs and then Nolan. But none of them were gonna win, anyway.
  • What does that one WAFFLE guy have against shirts? (I'm pretty sure the one with the open jacket is the same one who wasn't wearing a shirt at all last night.)
  • Judges' Save: Malik DOPE vs Nolan Neal - Heidi and Howie picked Malik, Sofia picked Nolan "because it might be your last chance to make it big"...well, that's, uh, encouraging... (I predicted that one wrong, though.)

I still want waffles.
200.gif

• Love 2

Wow, I thought I watched this results show, but reading the above posts, I don't know who you guys are talking about. Who's Sheldon? Who is Christina Rae? Oh, never mind. It doesn't matter.

When three Black guys and an Indian guy and a white guy walked forward to learn their fates, I became a mentalist and said America voted for the white guy. So hey everyone, watch for my mind-reading act on next season's AGT.

The silks flying guy made it through. He had all his facial jewelry in tonight. And Ed Grimley spiked hair. He's quite the fancy boy.

Terry, learn how to pronounce things before you announce things. Ankeny, Iowa is pronounced AYNK-any, not Ann-KENNY.

Next week looked like a lot of singers. I know ... shocker.

I love me some waffles. Two waffles and a sausage link topped with butter and maple syrup is THE BEST breakfast ever.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I love me some waffles. Two waffles and a sausage link topped with butter and maple syrup is THE BEST breakfast ever.

Make them blueberry waffles and trade the sausage for some well-done bacon and I'll join you for breakfast.

• LOL 1

Dorenbos is the glue holding our nation together.  Or something.  What a nothing trick.  I am a big fan of his and this was a big disappointment.

Howie cites "Originality" in sending Mr. Original Song home and retaining  a drummer.  That's about right in this nothing season.

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Thankfully Annie's gone back to Oz.  I wasn't surprised at anything until the end when Howie broke the tie and chose Malik Dope.  Based on originality?  OK, but he relied heavily on a soundtrack where the singer Nolan sung where you can hear that it's all him and not a soundtrack.  I'm glad Cristina Rae went through.  She got some pipes and I like her.  Oh well.  Next week looks even worse for anyone I might want to root for.  I recognized one act/contestant but I've forgotten already who it is!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Dorenbos is the glue holding our nation together.  Or something.  What a nothing trick.  I am a big fan of his and this was a big disappointment.

Howie cites "Originality" in sending Mr. Original Song home and retaining  a drummer.  That's about right in this nothing season.

I think the trick is the cut up cards were magnets or magnetized.  All it was was assembling pieces that the judges chose.  We knew we would end up with a "four characters in one unique card" from the beginning.  Boring. The hairspray didn't do anything, it was just for show.

Good point about original song versus drumming act.

Since the AGT channel only uploaded Jon's performance and a clip of what appears to be 200 year old Ed O'Neill on webcam, there's nothing to talk about. I think I've referenced this before, where years ago someone on this forum (possibly repeatedly) called Jon "Dan Barrenbo" which made me dislike him by proxy. The "Dunkin Save" - I wouldn't doubt many obese Americans think this is some life saving medical device, like a defibrillator on the wall but swapped out with an extra large drinkable cake for when someone's blood sugar gets too low (which is hard to believe ever happens).

Obviously I don't care about the actual results because everyone was nearly equally boring. Simon must've broke his back while trying to carry this shitshow on his shoulders - I'm sure not having to be involved has already made him look years younger, which unfortunately in turn allows for him to produce more seasons of AGT for years to come. The very idea makes me want to spoon with the Grim Reaper.

Edited by InternetToughGuy
  • Love 1

Got caught up in watching Forged in Fire and forgot this recording until about midnight. I see Heidi is sticking with her 80s motif for the results show. Actually surprised by Alan Silva and the drumming kid. He needs to perform without a backing track so we can actually hear the drumming. Next week seems heavy on the singers and dancers. So we'll have 20 semifinalists and I guess 10 finalists?

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

I see Heidi is sticking with her 80s motif for the results show.

Granted, I wasn't paying 100-percent attention, but she kept flipping around in her appearance. There were at least three different Heidis last night. It's all so confusing. Well, confusing trying to figure how which Heidi is where when.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Granted, I wasn't paying 100-percent attention, but she kept flipping around in her appearance. There were at least three different Heidi's last night. It's all so confusing. Well, confusing trying to figure how which Heidi is where when.

The "America's Got Questions" segment was taped last week during her 80s Hair Band phase. I don't remember what other looks we were treated to last night.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

I predict we may end up with a standoff of Cristina Rae and Archie Williams.  Besides the sob story factor, I don't think the VOOC Choir has much of a wow factor.  Has a choir ever won AGT Finals before?

No choir has ever won AGT.  I do not think VOOC deserves to win; sure they are talented but not to the caliber of Cristina Rae. I have some other acts that I love (from what we've seen thus far in the quarter finals): Shaquira McGrath, BAD salsa, Roberta Battaglia, Archie Williams,and WAFFLE crew. 

1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

Is Cristina Rae the woman with the cute little boy, she sang last on the live show? She did get the show's "best" spot in the lineup, if that's her.

Yes. They're giving her a push, and she's one of the more talented of this year's crop, IMO. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Is Cristina Rae the woman with the cute little boy, she sang last on the live show? She did get the show's "best" spot in the lineup, if that's her.

Yes, and she was homeless and living in her car whilst pregnant with said cute little boy, but she doesn't dwell on her sob story and I agree she's brought the talent.  I liked her likeability factor and her first audition, but she won my heart when she sang "Gimme Shelter."

• Useful 1
13 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Yes, and she was homeless and living in her car whilst pregnant with said cute little boy, but she doesn't dwell on her sob story and I agree she's brought the talent.  I liked her likeability factor and her first audition, but she won my heart when she sang "Gimme Shelter."

She doesn't have to dwell on her story. The show is going to continue to show her kid and that is all that is needed to swing the votes, especially fans that are moms. Don't get me wrong, she has the talent, but it's still frustrating that the show continues to push sob stories when in this case, she doesn't need it.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Heidi's hair and earrings were very 80s last night. I guess that's back? I rarely get rid of jewelry so I can start wearing those kind of earrings again.

My friend's husband threw her an 80s-themed surprise party for her 40th birthday a few years ago and I wore earrings that I've had since at least middle school.

57 minutes ago, rr2911 said:

She doesn't have to dwell on her story.

But they will..!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, rr2911 said:

She doesn't have to dwell on her story. The show is going to continue to show her kid and that is all that is needed to swing the votes, especially fans that are moms. Don't get me wrong, she has the talent, but it's still frustrating that the show continues to push sob stories when in this case, she doesn't need it.

That adorable boy with the huge eyes is worth 100,000 votes! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Superclam said:

That adorable boy with the huge eyes is worth 100,000 votes! 

He is adorable. I keep wondering who's watching him while she's onstage, since she doesn't seem to have anyone else with her. I know during the audition he was just off stage with Terry, and allowed to wander out before she went on, then come back out during the judging bit, which you know was all for the awwww! factor.

• Love 1