Type keyword(s) to search

Media Ninjas: ANW in the Media

• Start Topic

(edited)

Just saw this posted in the Arrow forum, Celebrity Edition has been announced by NBC, airing on May 25th.  Cool that the ninjas are helping out.  Should be fun (although I've never heard of at least a few of these celebs).

Stephen Amell, [...] Erika Christensen (Parenthood), Derek Hough (Dancing With the Stars alum-turned-host of NBC’s upcoming World of Dance), Today cohost Natalie Morales, two-time Olympic gold medalist Ashton Eaton, comedian/TV host Nikki Glaser, former Yankees slugger Nick Swisher, comedian Jeff Dye and actress Mena Suvari.

“Elite ninjas” will be paired as follows with the celebs, serving as both coach and cheerleader: Kevin Bull/Eaton, Kacy Catanzaro/Amell, Drew Drechsel/Swisher, Natalie Duran/Suvari, Daniel Gil/Hough, Jessie Graff/Glaser), Grant McCartney/Morales, Meagan Martin/Dye and Flip Rodriguez/Christensen.

Edited by JenMD
Quote box troubles
  • Love 1
On 4/8/2017 at 4:06 PM, ClareWalks said:

Ashton Eaton is totally winning this shit, right? I mean, he is the ONLY possibility, right? That guy is so friggin' fit. Obviously, he is the best decathlete of all time.

Steve Ammell might give him a run for his money. He does the salmon ladder on Arrow and is ridiculously fit. 

Are there any Rick and Morty fans here? I read the comics from Oni Press. Issue #28 came out yesterday, and it was mostly filler set to "Interdimensional Cable," which has been used on the show twice. Anyway, there's a nice bit on an alternate world's version of ANW, and the hosts looked like Matt and Akbar. Just wanted you guys to know.

Reality Blurred goes behind the scenes at ANW.

Interesting.  What surprised me most was how the Finals can begin HOURS after the preliminary--a contestant could run both on the same day.  

Since the show wants "iconic" scenery in the background, I guess this lets our my Upstate New York hometown.  BUT I could see a City Finals in Niagara Falls!  

• Love 1

Looking up info on Team Ninja Warrior. Found out the "US vs. The World" special will air on March 11. This time, we have four teams representing ANW, Europe, Latin America and Asia.

As for the next season? Well, I was curious about whether the venue for this year's Super Bowl has a roof (it does, so no freezing for all the fans tonight), and I found that there will be two days of filming in Minneapolis on May 25-26.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

Introducing . . . MEGA WALL. I like the idea and hate it at the same time. How many noobs and long-time waiting line veterans would try for the $10K in one shot? I don’t think the main contenders would risk not qualifying for the city final for ten grand.

Since they can miss the Mega Wall and still have a shot (only one) at the regular wall, I think basically every major male ninja will go for it. This isn't 4 seasons ago when getting up the Warped Wall was a crapshoot, these folks can all *easily* scale the regular WW and don't need extra tries at it anyway. It will be fun to watch, for sure. And being a ninja probably doesn't pay a ton so the extra $10K will be very appealing. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

@ClareWalks . . . oh, I misread. I thought the ninjas had to choose between three shots at the Warped Wall or one at Mega Wall. If they can try the latter, and then the former, then that changes things.

Yeah, it would be really interesting if you had to choose one or the other!

Kacy C. made her in ring debut at an NXT house show recently, and fans have posted some video clips.

NXT is the minor leagues of the WWE, and this is only a live show not meant for the NXT broadcast on their network. Baby steps. 

I'm extremely skeptical of Kacy's long term prospects in the WWE, but people more plugged into wrestling seemed pretty impressed at her performance after only three months of training.

• Love 1

^^^^^   That's why they're the perfect team for the job.  They know all the ninjas and they really get into the competition.  They don't fake it.

On 4/22/2018 at 7:25 PM, mlp said:

^^^^^   That's why they're the perfect team for the job.  They know all the ninjas and they really get into the competition.  They don't fake it.

YASSSS!!!

On 4/24/2018 at 6:44 PM, healthnut said:

Isaac Caldiero is coming back!

I’m excited to see him return though. 

Not me.  There was just something about his attitude that really put me off.

• Love 3
On 4/23/2018 at 9:39 AM, majormama said:

I wonder how much of their commentary is from the live filmings and how much is cleaned up or added later. I'm sure a lot of it is live.

The only time I considered that happening was after Jessie failed. I don’t think they had to do another take to build up the shock. I reckon they were openly cursing in sheer disbelief. Matt & Akbar are professionals, but Jessie was so close to clearing Stage One once again

I occasionally think something has been dubbed in, especially Akbar's "crazy healthy run of the night,"  but I think most of it is concurrent with the action.  Usually there is a level of excitement in their voices that I don't think can be faked.

Isaac is clearly a good athlete but I just don't like him.  He always looks like he isn't acquainted with personal hygiene and I'll never forgive him for beating out Geoff Britten whom I liked very much.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, srpturtle80 said:

LOVE Geoff. He has the best attitude out of any of the ninjas. I will say though, and this might be an unpopular opinion, I wish they'd stop trying to make his wife happen. She is beautiful and athletic and clearly a great lady, but she is not cut out for ninja competition herself.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, AdorkableWitch said:

Eh they are owned by the same parent company. 

I know, which why I’m surprised it’s not aimed for NBC.

I guess Geoff will be ready by next year. Interesting that the two guys that conquered Midoriyama are coming back, especially since there hasn’t been anyone filling the vacuum, at least in my eyes.

• Love 1
On 5/13/2018 at 11:08 AM, mlp said:

LOL  I think I could have done better than that and I throw like a girl.  :)

Mo'ne Ikea Davis?

(I've seen a T shirt that mocks the "...like a girl" phrases:
Throw like Mo'ne Ikea Davis
Run like Flo-Jo
Fight like Titania Ali!

• Love 2

Got the email from OnCamera Audiences for the finals taping but it was already too late. Pretty much everything was filled up when I checked. Starts Monday the 18th, then USA vs the World, All Stars teams challenge, Ninja Team All Stars, the skills challenge, and Ninja All Stars. What exactly is the difference with the all stars? Not sure if they had to move the location, because I think it may have been in the same place as the Route 91 Harvest Festival in previous years.

That little girl may not have to wait to get on ANW. Got this email:

Looking for something fun, exciting, and FREE to do this Summer? Join hosts Matt Iseman and Akbar Gbajabiamila (and a surprise celebrity judge) on the famous American Ninja Warrior obstacle course as a new generation of young ninjas face off in head-to-head challenges! The new series features kid-sized versions of iconic American Ninja Warrior obstacles including Sonic Swing, Tic Toc, Spin Cycle, the Warped Wall, and more.

The show is taping SIX DAYS ONLY and tickets will go fast, so claim yours now!

The new course is in Downtown Los Angeles (free parking provided) and the show is taping July 16th, 17th, 19th, 20th, 22nd, and 23rd. The minimum age to attend is 8 years old and families are encouraged to attend.

If you want to try for tickets go here.

• Love 1