Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
jewel21

S10.E16: Denise and Desist

Recommended Posts

Another thing I don't understand is - if Denise was supposedly staying at that hotel, why didn't Garcelle or at least Michael go in and check with the front desk to see if they could call her room or something?  I mean, instead of just sitting in the car outside, calling Denise's cell over and over while it went straight to voicemail, Garcelle could have just gone in and asked the concierge or front desk to ring their room, right?  If you were a good friend and were not getting an answer on your supposed good friend's cell phone, wouldn't you do that?  Everyone was professing to be "soooo worried" about Denise, yet, no one thought to do something so simple?  More producer maniupulation that was very apparent.

Again - I think with this season, the producers have just played too much into the storyline, and actually ruined it.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 16
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post

I think Denise gives Aaron a lot more say over her career decisions than she should.  When she called him to let him know that she was stopping by Rinna's house, the way he said "okay" gave me the feeling that he disapproved and would have tried to convince her not to do it.  In fact the times she has walked out was because of Aaron. 

It's hard to say if that scene was filmed before or after Dorit's party, but it was edited to look as if it took place after.  At that point she was refusing to show up for anything.  I think production met with Denise when Aaron wasn't there andshe was talked into having the couch meeting. 

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

Denise twice (that we know of) rudely blew off a get-together with Garcelle and Garcelle feels like Denise has kicked her in the teeth, I won't be counting Garcelle out yet.

Do we know that?  We saw Denise voicemail at Christmas-time that it was too time consuming to get from Malibu to LA so how about they get together over the holidays.  I used to live in a DC suburb and pre-Christmas traffic was no joke.  I think we all agree Denise mishandled the ride to Dorit's party.  I think njbc made a great point; go into the hotel and dial her room.  From the snippet we saw of the reunion, Garcelle seemed to be team Denise.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/26/2020 at 9:43 PM, mbaywife123 said:

I wish Denise would have called Garcelle and just told her that due to dealing with a family issue (technical white lie to get production off her ass and not break her contract) to go ahead to the party without her and she would be there as soon as she was able (of course never to to show up because of the total production BG set up) and then call both Garcelle and Dorit  later that night or the next day and "apologize "her missing the event due to unforeseen circumstances and leave it at that with no further qualifiers.

But I can also understand her turning off her phone and not responding until receiving legal counsel to protect herself.  This  party nonsense did occur during after work hours ,you can just imagine how expensive legal advice/fees are.

 

Attorneys don't charge for overtime/weekends.  Their fee is their fee regardless of time of day/day of week.  The question is whether or not they will answer their phone for you - LOL.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/27/2020 at 4:37 AM, psychoticstate said:

Creepy and the perfect example of deflection, which they all seem to be screaming about with regard to Denise.

I liked Rinna when she first came on the show but she is a friend to no one.  Someone needs to remind her how she reacted when Kim brought up Harry Hamlin at the dinner n Amsterdam.  Talk about angry.

I did love how Dorit said "Kyle!" as soon as she saw Brandi Glanville was trashing up her home.  Kyle can play dumb all she wants but OF COURSE she knew Kim was bringing her (and Kyle also can't fully hide her glee that Brandi was there.)

I don't blame Denise for not showing.  I probably wouldn't either.  She knew it would be a pile-on, not to mention it would take away from the actual purpose of the party.

Has production ever gotten this involved before?  Twice now in the last 2 or 3 episodes we've seen production interfere.  First, by telling Denise that she needed to return to the Rome pizza dinner.  Denise isn't a child, I think she can decide for herself.  Have they ever told anyone else that you have to return to anything because you've said something and it's not fair to leave before other people respond?  (Frankly, in the real world does anyone operate like that?)  And second by telling Garcelle that Denise being a no-show for Dorit's party is not cool because Garcelle stood up for Denise.  Talk about stoking the fire and shit stirring.  

At least Denise knows it's a cease and desist (looking at you, Tamra Judge.)  

I was grateful that we were spared any Erika Jayne during the party.  

I look forward to the reunion, if only because I hope Denise rips every one of these women (with the exception of Dorit and Garcelle) to shreds.  

Denise won't be ripping anyone to shreds.  If she was capable of that she would have done it long ago and not needed to make up lies to dodge events.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/27/2020 at 6:51 AM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I mean, I think you can only speak for yourself here (I do recognize that there are many people on this board who agree with you, but there are also people who think that Denise has looked bad throughout this whole thing). I do think that the show was pretty effective in showing us that Denise was trying to control the narrative to a point that has made her look bad. The reality is that Denise has been caught more than once contradicting herself (first, claiming that she never said bad things about Teddi and Erika, then admitting in the confessional she did; and last night, claiming that Brandi's texts were fake but then saying she had texts from Brandi, like WTF, Denise?; claiming that her daughter was harmed from the threesome conversation when the footage doesn't indicate that) and offering unconvincing denials about at least the existence of her relationship with Brandi, whether or not Brandi's claims about the nature of it is true.

I think a lot of people have come away from this season looking pretty bad - Kyle and Rinna, yes; but also Denise. Personally, and I know that many here disagree with me, but I don't think Teddi and Erika came off looking all that bad because I think that they were genuine in saying that all they cared about was whether or not Denise was badmouthing them. And it's clear she was, she's admitted to it, so I don't see them as off-base in their inquiries. Dorit, Sutton, and Garcelle (much as I find her thing with Kyle a little weird) all came off fine in the end, IMO, at least when it came to this situation.

One thing I will say re Sutton - I took her comments as "look at me" a little differently than anyone here. I don't think she was questioning her attractiveness. Her tone didn't sound like someone who was insecure, to me. I took as quite the opposite, and unfortunately, as homophobic. I thought she was essentially saying, "look at me, I am too obviously straight to ever even consider a same-sex relationship."  There is a damaging and untrue trope among some homophobic women to suggest that only unattractive women are lesbians, and that's what I thought Sutton was saying. Now, I could be misinterpreting it and maybe everyone else's interpretation is correct but I found Sutton to be an elitist snob and so I wouldn't be that surprised if she was homophobic, either. 

I agree Sutton's tone didn't sound like someone who was insecure, but I don't get homophobic from her at all.  What I took from that statement is that Sutton knows she doesn't have indiscriminate casual sex and doesn't put herself out there as someone with loose morals.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Like 8
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

I agree Sutton's tone didn't sound like someone who was insecure, but I don't get homophobic from her at all.  What I took from that statement is that Sutton doesn't have indiscriminate sex and doesn't put herself out there as someone with loose morals.

I totally, I don’t think it was homophobic either. I think that’s a big leap to make from her comment, I thought she was being self-deprecating.

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I thought she was being self-deprecating.

I completely thought she was being self-depreciating.  I'm pretty sure Sutton understands she doesn't have the same build as well, a lot of people.  She is pretty and I think I would like to see her again another season.  I think.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Another thing I don't understand is - if Denise was supposedly staying at that hotel, why didn't Garcelle or at least Michael go in and check with the front desk to see if they could call her room or something?  I mean, instead of just sitting in the car outside, calling Denise's cell over and over while it went straight to voicemail, Garcelle could have just gone in and asked the concierge or front desk to ring their room, right?  If you were a good friend and were not getting an answer on your supposed good friend's cell phone, wouldn't you do that?  Everyone was professing to be "soooo worried" about Denise, yet, no one thought to do something so simple?  More producer maniupulation that was very apparent.

Again - I think with this season, the producers have just played too much into the storyline, and actually ruined it.

I dont buy the timeline either.  Garcelle waited 20 minutes tops before leaving and production made it look longer IMHO.  I can also see production not allowing Garcelle to enter the hotel to check on Denise especially if they did not seek out permission to film beforehand.   Dont they usually mount a camera in cars instead of using a person?  There would be no footage if Garcelle went inside unless production follows the limo ready to film.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

I totally, I don’t think it was homophobic either. I think that’s a big leap to make from her comment, I thought she was being self-deprecating.

As I said, I could have misinterpreted what she said. She didn't sound self- deprecating to me - more like she was scoffing - but that was vague enough for me to recognize that my interpretation could be incorrect. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

As I said, I could have misinterpreted what she said. She didn't sound self- deprecating to me - more like she was scoffing - but that was vague enough for me to recognize that my interpretation could be incorrect. 

We only see snippets and not always a lot of context, so we have our reaction to go on, so all is good 😁

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

This is exactly the kind of thing I meant last episode that Denise, for all her experience in Hollywood business, should be more people savvy than she is.  I don't think Rinna would do anything for a buck, but I believe she does lots for the lots of money they pay her.  I'll bet after LVP left the show Rinna became the highest paid on that franchise because of all the content she's delivered to the producers  --  that is, highest paid until Denise came along.  

Frankly, I think both the producers and Denise are disappointed with how things have gone for the big money they were throwing at her.  I don't see how they could be happy with Denise's lackluster brief appearances and downright refusal at times to show up for the job.  And Denise is probably day drinking over how badly the show blew up in her face even though she had such popularity with the fans.

I’m continually surprised and disappointed with how dumb these women are. They have perfectly set up opportunities to tell off the bitch in front of them....and then everything peters out and there’s no gotcha moment or satisfying closure. And I think that these women are just not that intelligent, bless their hearts. I also think you give Denise too much credit, I don’t think she has the insight to be disappointed in herself for mishandling any situation. I think she hates a lot of the cast right now—and rightly so— but she sees the social media fans loving on her and supporting her and bashing the others, and probably thinks she’s won this season, and she has, for me anyway. She’s emerged the hero and Rinna and Kyle and Brandi and forgotten, sad little Teddi (Hi, I’m Teddi), are more reviled than ever before. And rightly so. But it’s not because Denise handled them skillfully, like a “sniper from the side”, but because she was up against the Dark Three Stooges. They came from a place of malice all season, and they’re dumber than she is and lost the public. She kind of won by default.

I will always remember Luann’s confrontation with Alex after Dubai, in the coffee shop. Luanne was rough with Alex the entire trip, mostly unfairly mean, and Alex wanted to tell her off. Luanne handled her like a pro and barely even raised her voice and eviscerated her, and left her with the check. Alex was too hot and came in stammering and stuttering and Luanne used it to her advantage and kept throwing Alex off her argument. It was like watching a prizefighter with fancy footwork. Alex never stood a chance. And then I felt like I would be terrified going up against Luanne. That’s the Realhouswives I want. Beautiful, intelligent and sharp and terrifying. This crew is trash and despite their wealth, I feel vastly superior to them. They are devolving into Vickie and Tamra and Orange County. Sigh...

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

49 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

This. 😶

I don't consider it a lie.  I consider it an excuse.  A cop out just trying to avoid the aggravation and nastiness she knew would happen if she attended.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, aimlessbird said:

I don't consider it a lie.  I consider it an excuse.  A cop out just trying to avoid the aggravation and nastiness she knew would happen if she attended.

I’m disappointed that she didn’t rip them to shreds. I DGAF that she bullshitted her way out of the “events” (setups)

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Brandi blew this show up seasons ago when she leaked the truth about Adrienne's children being born thru a surrogate, everyone was up in arms about it, nobody liked Brandi and then really hated her for spilling the beans, it was the beginning of her demise from this show so why was she welcomed back to do the same shitty thing all over again but this time Kyle and Co. likes her?

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, VedaPierce said:

I will always remember Luann’s confrontation with Alex after Dubai, in the coffee shop. Luanne was rough with Alex the entire trip, mostly unfairly mean, and Alex wanted to tell her off. Luanne handled her like a pro and barely even raised her voice and eviscerated her, and left her with the check. Alex was too hot and came in stammering and stuttering and Luanne used it to her advantage and kept throwing Alex off her argument. It was like watching a prizefighter with fancy footwork. Alex never stood a chance. And then I felt like I would be terrified going up against Luanne. That’s the Realhouswives I want. Beautiful, intelligent and sharp and terrifying. This crew is trash and despite their wealth, I feel vastly superior to them. They are devolving into Vickie and Tamra and Orange County. Sigh...

And when Alexis pointed out her boots were Louis Vuitton and the Countess replied, "Even Louis Vuitton makes mistakes," it was downright glorious.  That entire confrontation was glorious, actually.  

19 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Brandi blew this show up seasons ago when she leaked the truth about Adrienne's children being born thru a surrogate, everyone was up in arms about it, nobody liked Brandi and then really hated her for spilling the beans, it was the beginning of her demise from this show so why was she welcomed back to do the same shitty thing all over again but this time Kyle and Co. likes her?

Well, because she's such a bastion of truth and, while she's a lot of things, Kyle has never known her to be a liar.  

I'm still hoping (probably futilely) that Andy trots out clips of the many times she called Brandi a liar during Brandi's first run on the show.  

I'll say one thing, this was probably the most boring season finale in this franchise's history.  Bravo's big plan of a confrontation between Denise and Brandi was a failure of epic proportions (as was much of the entire season).  

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post

the real housewives of Beverly Hills is #2 and #3 is their woman and mens demos for its night so there is no way in hell they would try to get rid of Denise next season she was the whole draw 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 4
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

22 hours ago, suomi said:

Legally it is irrelevant. But that's not to say that Charlie doesn't use personal issues as emotional leverage during any legal process. 

He has a history of taking great pleasure in delivering vile and abusive commentary (and threats) when he is crossed. Reporting duress lengthens and complicates the issue and generates more legal fees. During the 2016 support negotiations he told Denise that he would gladly bankrupt her by outspending her in court.

With him as a constant presence in the background, the Denise/Brandy saga is the equivalent of handing gasoline to an arsonist and hoping they won't use it. 

There's only so far one can go slinging mud in family court because judges know the difference between smoke screen and a true issue.  Personal pecadillos aren't any kind of ammunition when modification of child support is the only issue.  Sure Denise is gun-shy of Charlie.  His scorched earth threats are meant to work her over because he knows she is cowed by it, but that's why one hires a lawyer.  Besides, Aaron has shown he's more than willing to stand by Denise and protect her.

The facts are on her side (he hasn't paid support in years and proof of threats he's made if she's been smart enough to keep evidence) and it wouldn't take her attorney that much time to obtain an order for payment of a percentage of delinquent child support before the judge considers a downward modification.  From what I've heard, he owes somewhere around half a million dollars.

Charlie can cry poor all he wants, a fraudulent transfer of assets isn't that hard to prove and the cost of acquiring the requisite records wouldn't bankrupt anyone.  Once she got her order for payment of back child support, if he doesn't pay voluntarily, a collection attorney doesn't even get paid until they collect money.  She would have no trouble finding a good attorney who'd be delighted to seize or encumber his assets.

Restraining orders for harassment are relatively cheap and quick to accomplish - many people obtain them without an attorney.  For people in Denise's income category there's not much difference in spending $20,000 for legal fees or $25,000.  Sure he'll make it unpleasant and it could take many months, but she has a duty to her daughters to collect what he owes them.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I did not get homophobic vibes from Sutton.  At all.  I thought she was simply saying that she's a straight woman, and that she'd never get into a same-sex relationship because it just isn't something that appeals to her.  No different than a gay person getting involved in a heterosexual one.  

I do think Sutton has insecurities about her body.  The way she allowed the cameras in Rome to capture her in tears as her favorite couture clothes didn't fit was such a vulnerable moment, and allowed me to like her much more than I had.

Early in the season, Garcelle said on WWHL, when asked which HW she's become close to, that would surprise viewers, she said Sutton.  She said that they bonded over being single moms, working at this age and stage of their lives, and that Sutton really has a good heart.  I started to see that side of Sutton, and getting Garcelle's stamp of approval sealed it for me, as I think the world of Garcelle.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 8
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

I did not get homophobic vibes from Sutton.  At all.  I thought she was simply saying that she's a straight woman, and that she'd never get into a same-sex relationship because it just isn't something that appeals to her.  No different than a gay person getting involved in a heterosexual one.  

I do think Sutton has insecurities about her body.  The way she allowed the cameras in Rome to capture her in tears as her favorite couture clothes didn't fit was such a vulnerable moment, and allowed me to like her much more than I had.

Early in the season, Garcelle said on WWHL, when asked which HW she's become close to, that would surprise viewers, she said Sutton.  She said that they bonded over being single moms, working at this age and stage of their lives, and that Sutton really has a good heart.  I started to see that side of Sutton, and getting Garcelle's stamp of approval sealed it for me, as I think the world of Garcelle.

I actually really like Sutton, too.  I know she can seem over the top with some snobbish behavior, but she doesn't seem intentionally mean or nasty to anyone.  I hope she can come back next season as a full time housewife.  I'd rather watch Sutton sit in her closet and try on all her Dolce&Gabbana tiaras and crowns for a whole season than watch the drunken desperate actions of Brandi Glanville.  

  • Like 24

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I actually really like Sutton, too.  I know she can seem over the top with some snobbish behavior, but she doesn't seem intentionally mean or nasty to anyone.  I hope she can come back next season as a full time housewife.  I'd rather watch Sutton sit in her closet and try on all her Dolce&Gabbana tiaras and crowns for a whole season than watch the drunken desperate actions of Brandi Glanville.  

Apparently, I've read that Sutton can't become a full-time housewife because she'd have to show her whole life, including her kids, which her ex won't allow (I agree with him).  Not sure if any other housewives have had this issue before.  Some have shown a few of their kids but not all, but Bravo wants to at least see some.

I agree, she's not mean or nasty.  She's pretentious as all get-out.  I mean, her comment that a private plane shouldn't be a big deal is so short-sighted, but at least she's not trying to take anyone down.

She does need to learn that just because it's uber-expensive couture, does not make it attractive.  Witness:  her Little House on the Prairie grandma dress to Dorit's party.  That probably cost 8 months of my mortgage.  Literally.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I actually really like Sutton, too.  I know she can seem over the top with some snobbish behavior, but she doesn't seem intentionally mean or nasty to anyone.  I hope she can come back next season as a full time housewife.  I'd rather watch Sutton sit in her closet and try on all her Dolce&Gabbana tiaras and crowns for a whole season than watch the drunken desperate actions of Brandi Glanville.  

A thousand percent. I think Sutton is lovely. Unfortunately decent people like her, Eileen or Joyce just don’t have much longevity on these shows. I found them all entertaining. Unfortunately the mean girls are the cockroaches. 

  • Like 8
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

11 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Apparently, I've read that Sutton can't become a full-time housewife because she'd have to show her whole life, including her kids, which her ex won't allow (I agree with him).  Not sure if any other housewives have had this issue before.  Some have shown a few of their kids but not all, but Bravo wants to at least see some.

I agree, she's not mean or nasty.  She's pretentious as all get-out.  I mean, her comment that a private plane shouldn't be a big deal is so short-sighted, but at least she's not trying to take anyone down.

She does need to learn that just because it's uber-expensive couture, does not make it attractive.  Witness:  her Little House on the Prairie grandma dress to Dorit's party.  That probably cost 8 months of my mortgage.  Literally.

If RHONY can film Bethanny Frankel for multiple seasons in an apartment without showing her daughter on camera, then the producers of this show can figure out a way not to show Sutton's kids.  Or Sonja's daughter never showing up on camera either.  

This show needs Sutton for the lifestyle porn.  Who wants to watch a show with Rinna's mouse-infested kitchen without seeing something to offset it.  Without VdP, no other housewife is bringing the over-the-top fabulousness to the show.  Sutton can bring private planes, couture fittings, a closet fit for a queen, etc.  I want to see that.

 

  • Like 24

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Apparently, I've read that Sutton can't become a full-time housewife because she'd have to show her whole life, including her kids, which her ex won't allow (I agree with him).  Not sure if any other housewives have had this issue before.  Some have shown a few of their kids but not all, but Bravo wants to at least see some.

I agree, she's not mean or nasty.  She's pretentious as all get-out.  I mean, her comment that a private plane shouldn't be a big deal is so short-sighted, but at least she's not trying to take anyone down.

She does need to learn that just because it's uber-expensive couture, does not make it attractive.  Witness:  her Little House on the Prairie grandma dress to Dorit's party.  That probably cost 8 months of my mortgage.  Literally.

 

36 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

If RHONY can film Bethanny Frankel for multiple seasons in an apartment without showing her daughter on camera, then the producers of this show can figure out a way not to show Sutton's kids.  Or Sonja's daughter never showing up on camera either.  

This show needs Sutton for the lifestyle porn.  Who wants to watch a show with Rinna's mouse-infested kitchen without seeing something to offset it.  Without VdP, no other housewife is bringing the over-the-top fabulousness to the show.  Sutton can bring private planes, couture fittings, a closet fit for a queen, etc.  I want to see that.

 

These two examples from RHONY are correct.  And, even going into the RHOBH franchise, if I recall correctly, after Brandi's first season, she was never filmed with her kids, either (I think there was something there with Eddie not allowing it).  We also only saw Adrienne's kids a few times during her first season, as well as Camille's. 

So, if the producers are making that claim as to why Sutton cannot be full time, then it's bullshit.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/27/2020 at 11:45 AM, blixie said:

Seriously that was the most awkward "commiseration" I've ever seen, especially since they had her commiserate with someone both audience and the ladies can never quite like, because she really is kind of an ass. I agree Denise is willing to play ball even when it feeds a negative storyline about her, but she's not willing to engage with Brandi trying to fuck up her marriage, and no I still don't believe they fucked, I DO think Denise talked shit about these ladies after the party at her house and before Rome.

I don't care if she fucked or friend bashed with Brandi OR that she's lying about having fucked or friend bashed with Brandi. It is still all motivated by the idea that she's a dumb slut and infamous whore who has no right to monitor what her kids are or are not exposed to and if she does than she's a giant ass hypocrite. And that's why they are so focused on this did she fuck Brandi thing because it is further evidence that she is the bad one and they are the good perfect mothers. I honestly think Denise IS including herself in the whole I can't bring my kids around this group, she's part of the group! She acknowledged it was HER mistake, and her lesson. She said nothing about these ladies style of parenting. They have spent the rest of the season attacking her at every opportunity and then plotted to destroy her via Brandi/Kim. Aside from Garcelle, Sutton, and Dorito they all suck. Especially when you consider how they all go off when you dare say anything about their husbands, their marriages, their children. GTFO.

 

There is no grand mystery here, Charlie wasn't suing her last season and last season she mostly wasn't married to Aaron. 

She is now married and being sued by her fucking deranged ex, which will effect her kids, she is 100% entitled to behave differently under different circumstances but NO her caring about the sex talk is pretty consistent with Denise Richards she has always been honest about how much she wants to give her kids the kind of bucolic life her parents gave her, especially because she and Charlie are their parents. She has always been a big contradiction, struggling to reconcile two opposing parts of herself, this is NOTHING new. I love her for it, because that's real as fuck. 

She probably should have bowed out in that case.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

 

These two examples from RHONY are correct.  And, even going into the RHOBH franchise, if I recall correctly, after Brandi's first season, she was never filmed with her kids, either (I think there was something there with Eddie not allowing it).  We also only saw Adrienne's kids a few times during her first season, as well as Camille's. 

So, if the producers are making that claim as to why Sutton cannot be full time, then it's bullshit.

AFAIK, the producers never made that claim, but Sutton did. In an article I read early on in the season Sutton claimed that she could not be a FT HW because her ex would not allow the kids to be filmed. I thought her excuse was B.S., because Bethenny's kid and Sonja's kid have never been filmed. I think Sutton is enough of a snob that she could not imagine that production would not want her, and her fabulous life so she invented that excuse. I would like to see her back if only for her house, and cats - lol. Denise and Garcelle just do not cut it where house porn is concerned. 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, OdinO. said:

She probably should have bowed out in that case.

Why should Denise, or any woman, be prevented from earning a million dollars because of the actions of a crazy ex-husband? That allows an abusive man to control a woman forever. Her third daughter will probably need life long supervised care, that is very expensive.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I thought her excuse was B.S., because Bethenny's kid and Sonja's kid have never been filmed. I think Sutton is enough of a snob that she could not imagine that production would not want her, and her fabulous life so she invented that excuse. I would like to see her back if only for her house, and cats - lol. Denise and Garcelle just do not cut it where house porn is concerned. 

They may have changed the rules since Bethenny and Sonja started.  I suspect, if they can't get families to appear, they might do a trial first before deciding if she can bring enough interest without having the family there. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Referring to all the posts about some of the nasty women on this franchise, and I agree with all of them, check out this Instagram post by Erika. She posted it in response to the wildly popular new song and video by Cardi B called Wet Ass P#ssy. (🙄)

look at the comment she made to a woman who dared to say something sensible about Erika‘s son. It seems to me that that is something a middle school girl would do.

D897C78B-CF99-491D-BEEA-0447E105BA35.thumb.jpeg.a3f61da3bdcae80cfc93c5070df59956.jpeg1B64BDBB-E1FD-4539-B064-3A177B998502.thumb.jpeg.1a4e20bcb1b8f2ced41d36986c95dce2.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Surprise 7
  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post

all these deleted scenes that change so much ... Production really shit on its self this season with this franchise trying to drum up drama... 

Garcelle Beauvais Implies Lisa Rinna Vilified Her After Deleted RHOBH Scene Sheds a New Light on Her Comments About Amelia, See the Deleted Scene Which She ‘Wishes Had Been Aired The video of a deleted scene from the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills is showing a new context to the comments Garcelle Beauvais made regarding Lisa Rinna as a parent during their cast trip to Rome.

 

https://realityblurb.com/2020/08/28/garcelle-beauvais-implies-lisa-rinna-vilified-her-after-deleted-rhobh-scene-sheds-a-new-light-on-her-comments-about-amelia-see-the-deleted-scene-which-she-wishes-had-been-aired/

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mar said:

Referring to all the posts about some of the nasty women on this franchise, and I agree with all of them, check out this Instagram post by Erika. She posted it in response to the wildly popular new song and video by Cardi B called Wet Ass P#ssy. (🙄)

look at the comment she made to a woman who dared to say something sensible about Erika‘s son. It seems to me that that is something a middle school girl would do.

D897C78B-CF99-491D-BEEA-0447E105BA35.thumb.jpeg.a3f61da3bdcae80cfc93c5070df59956.jpeg1B64BDBB-E1FD-4539-B064-3A177B998502.thumb.jpeg.1a4e20bcb1b8f2ced41d36986c95dce2.jpeg

Seriously?  WTF is wrong with these women?

  • Like 11
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Mar said:

Referring to all the posts about some of the nasty women on this franchise, and I agree with all of them, check out this Instagram post by Erika. She posted it in response to the wildly popular new song and video by Cardi B called Wet Ass P#ssy. (🙄)

look at the comment she made to a woman who dared to say something sensible about Erika‘s son. It seems to me that that is something a middle school girl would do.

D897C78B-CF99-491D-BEEA-0447E105BA35.thumb.jpeg.a3f61da3bdcae80cfc93c5070df59956.jpeg1B64BDBB-E1FD-4539-B064-3A177B998502.thumb.jpeg.1a4e20bcb1b8f2ced41d36986c95dce2.jpeg

Ok I kinda understand the clap back but its not a cute look on Erika esp after this season ....

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Ok I kinda understand the clap back but its not a cute look on Erika esp after this season ....

Neither was her first comment.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Ugh Erika. She’s posted stuff more provocative than that photo actually. I’m surprised IG didn’t ban her over one photo she put up awhile back. We all have different opinions about what’s too much, but it’s her body, so we don’t have to follow her if we don’t want to look. Her foul mouth and attacking people’s looks when they call they call her out for her behavior isn’t very becoming though. Erika proves you can be gorgeous on the outside but not so much the inside and that money doesn’t buy you class. Such trashy, ugly behavior. Her mouth is the second worst after Brandi.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

Regarding Denise not showing up/contacting people - perhaps her attorney was working on the C&Ds and told her to cut off communication until it was all ironed out.  Kind of like not making contact with your abuser while you have a TRO.

  • Like 6
  • Useful 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/31/2020 at 11:13 AM, Mar said:

Referring to all the posts about some of the nasty women on this franchise, and I agree with all of them, check out this Instagram post by Erika. She posted it in response to the wildly popular new song and video by Cardi B called Wet Ass P#ssy. (🙄)

look at the comment she made to a woman who dared to say something sensible about Erika‘s son. It seems to me that that is something a middle school girl would do.

D897C78B-CF99-491D-BEEA-0447E105BA35.thumb.jpeg.a3f61da3bdcae80cfc93c5070df59956.jpeg1B64BDBB-E1FD-4539-B064-3A177B998502.thumb.jpeg.1a4e20bcb1b8f2ced41d36986c95dce2.jpeg

Whoa, this is off the charts & I'm now 100% convinced Erika has some real demons she's never dealt with, from way back when, which have stunted her growth. Until she faces them head on she'll never move forward & reach her full potential as a mature human being...

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I know I’m late to the party, but I just joined last week. I’ve enjoyed reading everyone’s posts. 😊

Two things I’ve never understood while watching this season:

1) WHO CARES what Denise did with whom? And this all started because Denise took exception to the conversation at the barbecue? (While Denise has been a bit disingenuous about the kids’ reaction — Sammi saying it was “funny” — I can see a real concern about the other kids going home and telling their folks all about the sex talk they heard at the Phypers-Richards residence. I don’t blame Denise for not wanting that headache. It’s one thing to talk dirty when you are amongst yourselves, but in a more open setting...(but YMMV)).

2) I really wasn’t watching when Brandi was in the cast, but I’ve seen enough in reruns to wonder why everyone sees her now as their best bud. I recall a reunion  where she turned up via video, threw drunken insults, and everyone demanded Andy cut the feed. But now, because they all have an ax to grind with Denise, Brandi is back in the circle? See 1) for my opinion about the texts, and again this shows how low Brandi will go. If they let her back in the group, someone else will be next (looking at you, Rinna and/or Kyle).

I’ll stick it out for the reunion since I’ve made it this far, but this is just one more Bravo franchise that’s slowly circling the drain. 

Edited by RoseAllDay · Reason: Grammer, er...grammar.
  • Like 14
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

but this is just one more Bravo franchise that’s slowly circling the drain. 

Honey, it's not circling the drain, it's in the sewers, stuck in a giant sludge heap of rotting, fetid shit. That's how bad it's gotten. I for one, am not looking forward to this reunion based on the mini clips we've seen so far. Rinna needs to be fired, as do all of them. I'd be fine with a reboot of Denise, Stratton (whom I loathed at first), and Gracelle. The rest are just thirsty bitches trying to keep on this BravHo grift so they don't have to get real jobs. And none of them are interesting anymore, and some were never interesting - I'm looking directly at you Vyle, you little troll.

  • Like 13
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, gingerella said:

Honey, it's not circling the drain, it's in the sewers, stuck in a giant sludge heap of rotting, fetid shit. That's how bad it's gotten. I for one, am not looking forward to this reunion based on the mini clips we've seen so far. Rinna needs to be fired, as do all of them. I'd be fine with a reboot of Denise, Stratton (whom I loathed at first), and Gracelle. The rest are just thirsty bitches trying to keep on this BravHo grift so they don't have to get real jobs. And none of them are interesting anymore, and some were never interesting - I'm looking directly at you Vyle, you little troll.

Yes!  But, it’s likely too late. I’m done with this show. I’m not even sure that I’ll watch the Reunion.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

On 8/31/2020 at 1:30 PM, NYCFree said:

Why should Denise, or any woman, be prevented from earning a million dollars because of the actions of a crazy ex-husband? That allows an abusive man to control a woman forever. Her third daughter will probably need life long supervised care, that is very expensive.

I disagree. She made choices. She can't have a totally private life on reality TV. So sacrifice money or your kids privacy. 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, OdinO. said:

I disagree. She made choices. She can't have a totally private life on reality TV. So sacrifice money or your kids privacy. 

Fair enough, if this rule applied to everyone on the show. Last year the whole Dorit/puppy situation was twisted around to focus on LVP allegedly dropping it to ROL, instead of where the focus should have been, on Dorit and the puppy. Brandi outed the rumours around Mauricio having affairs. Why was that not explored further. Why was Kyle given a pass? (Where there's smoke, there's fire) What about The Kelmsleys/The Girardi's/ Mauricio's sketchy financial dealings? As soon as we get a wee bit too close to these topics, off we go into deflection mode and they are never mentioned again.

With the Mauricio rumours coming from Brandi, they were dismissed and swept away by Kyle because (gasp) "Brandi Lies!" End of discussion.

Erika was not asked during the season about Tom's lawsuits at all, until it was too late to get into at the reunion and when she said "it's over they apologized" her response was taken at face value and not questioned.

There was footage of Dorit being chased around a pool by a woman whose friend was owed money by her and Paul, during last season. Camille brought it up and was shot down by them all. We can't talk about that! NOT FAIR!

Let's face it, it's NOT Reality TV when it's all very selective and some people are protected and get off scott free while others must sacrifice.

Why does a producer step in to convince Denise to return to the dinner after she went after the other women. Why did no producer run after Kyle when she ran off from Denise's dinner? Or the other hundred times she ran away in tears? 

We can't even pretend that it's Reality TV anymore.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Fair enough, if this rule applied to everyone on the show. Last year the whole Dorit/puppy situation was twisted around to focus on LVP allegedly dropping it to ROL, instead of where the focus should have been, on Dorit and the puppy. Brandi outed the rumours around Mauricio having affairs. Why was that not explored further. Why was Kyle given a pass? (Where there's smoke, there's fire) What about The Kelmsleys/The Girardi's/ Mauricio's sketchy financial dealings? As soon as we get a wee bit too close to these topics, off we go into deflection mode and they are never mentioned again.

With the Mauricio rumours coming from Brandi, they were dismissed and swept away by Kyle because (gasp) "Brandi Lies!" End of discussion.

Erika was not asked during the season about Tom's lawsuits at all, until it was too late to get into at the reunion and when she said "it's over they apologized" her response was taken at face value and not questioned.

There was footage of Dorit being chased around a pool by a woman whose friend was owed money by her and Paul, during last season. Camille brought it up and was shot down by them all. We can't talk about that! NOT FAIR!

Let's face it, it's NOT Reality TV when it's all very selective and some people are protected and get off scott free while others must sacrifice.

Why does a producer step in to convince Denise to return to the dinner after she went after the other women. Why did no producer run after Kyle when she ran off from Denise's dinner? Or the other hundred times she ran away in tears? 

We can't even pretend that it's Reality TV anymore.

Let's talk about the husband. I'm here for it all. These ladies get paid well to reveal. 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/27/2020 at 12:39 AM, ivygirl said:

Rinna made me physically ill during that last scene with Denise. 

 Very true! I think it's time Ms. Rinna was shown the door.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Fair enough, if this rule applied to everyone on the show. Last year the whole Dorit/puppy situation was twisted around to focus on LVP allegedly dropping it to ROL, instead of where the focus should have been, on Dorit and the puppy. Brandi outed the rumours around Mauricio having affairs. Why was that not explored further. Why was Kyle given a pass? (Where there's smoke, there's fire) What about The Kelmsleys/The Girardi's/ Mauricio's sketchy financial dealings? As soon as we get a wee bit too close to these topics, off we go into deflection mode and they are never mentioned again.

With the Mauricio rumours coming from Brandi, they were dismissed and swept away by Kyle because (gasp) "Brandi Lies!" End of discussion.

Erika was not asked during the season about Tom's lawsuits at all, until it was too late to get into at the reunion and when she said "it's over they apologized" her response was taken at face value and not questioned.

There was footage of Dorit being chased around a pool by a woman whose friend was owed money by her and Paul, during last season. Camille brought it up and was shot down by them all. We can't talk about that! NOT FAIR!

Let's face it, it's NOT Reality TV when it's all very selective and some people are protected and get off scott free while others must sacrifice.

Why does a producer step in to convince Denise to return to the dinner after she went after the other women. Why did no producer run after Kyle when she ran off from Denise's dinner? Or the other hundred times she ran away in tears? 

We can't even pretend that it's Reality TV anymore.

These are all excellent posts! Why aren't you on the reunion show to demand answers for all of us? I am sick of nobody being straight up with the viewers on this show I do not think any of them have truly let us "into" their lives except maybe Marcelle.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/3/2020 at 9:23 AM, Happy Camper said:

When Rinna acted out her "oooh, you're so angry" scene, I felt like she was speaking to all of us.

I am not sure why Lisa chose that sort of delivery, but the Oz curtain has now been opened, only to reveal an older, resentful, and jealous Lisa Rinna, which makes her personality ugly. Click those heels, Denise.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/2/2020 at 11:49 AM, gingerella said:

... And none of them are interesting anymore, and some were never interesting - I'm looking directly at you Vyle, you little troll.

YES! To everything you posted, and especially to the above bit. I hate zoom reunions or interviews because the host isn't able to contain or manage the personalities involved. When they're all in one room, at least Andy can decide whether to shut them down, or not. Lisa and Kyle need to go ASAP. Sutton can go as well because she's made no impression on me.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size