Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E07: The Honeymoon is Over

• Start Topic

On 8/26/2020 at 9:31 PM, Mercolleen said:

I agree that he is being a dorkalork but I wonder if C. really gives a shit about HIM or just wants to be complimented by a male.

I'm calling it, Henry is not interested in her. He's being a polite gentleman but he wanted someone chill and does not like her obnoxiousness.

Side note, is Christina living out of her car? I'm confused they didn't have a place of hers for them to go to.

Edited by Myrtle Urkele
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

Bennett, CLEAN YOUR FEET, MAN.  I do like him and his quirky ways, but that is a serious turn-off.  He was definitely matched with the right woman, but I would have been willing to pay a weekly subscription fee on top of my monthly cable bill to watch this show if he had been matched with Christina. 

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • LOL 17
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Brooklynista said:

Oh Bennett. You do not have a home. You can put your tiny shed in checked luggage and follow Amelia all about the country. 

They can cut the fake drama, we all know he's already got his backpack stuffed to move with her.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • LOL 12
  • Love 10

Olivias resting bitch face and lackluster personality is making me want to fast forward her scenes .. except then I won’t be able to watch what a train wreck these 2 are . She seems so utterly disgusted by Brett and rude .. and I agree with him that renting a house is a big waste of money . But they both know they’re not staying married and Neither will have to move . 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, gladitsover said:

Pastor Cal is trying to stir up trouble between Amelia and Bennett, trying to burst their beautiful rainbow bubble. Damn him! 😤

He's not wrong, though. They're not always going to be on the same page. 

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Amani’s hair is her business and if she cuts it Woody might not be attracted to her anymore. Is he only with her because he likes her hair? Hmmm.  

Unfortunately, Woody-like opinions about hair are not uncommon. One might argue that Woody's hair is unattractive though. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Well, it looked like that bubble burst when Bennett said it was a question of priorities whether he would want to move or not. 
Cal saying Henry needs to make allowances for Christina’s divaness and maybe that’s what he needs is way off. Somebody who isn’t afraid of her own shadow would be about his level. He made it clear he wasn’t attracted to her. I can’t believe guys go on about how gorgeous she is that leads to five years romances yet no one has given her flowers but grandpa. These two are ill-suited and Cal trying to make it work is pointless. Just admit they f’ed up with this one. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, RaeSpellman said:

Unfortunately, Woody-like opinions about hair are not uncommon. One might argue that Woody's hair is unattractive though. 

I used to share Amani's theory on My hair, my business u til I started dating a man with a beard. If he shaved the beard he might lose me. Not really, but this WAP might be a bit less responsive. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

Hopefully she never loses her hair during sickness or omg a breast. I understand having an opinion but he went about it the wrong way. I found it offensive especially comparing it to a relationship where a pregnancy termination occurred. 
Aww, Karen sitting on Miles lap and giving him a smooch. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

I used to share Amani's theory on My hair, my business u til I started dating a man with a beard. If he shaved the beard he might lose me. Not really, but this WAP might be a bit less responsive. 

Oh, I get it and agree. I just hate Woody's hair!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, RaeSpellman said:

I think the point was more that they need to learn how to communicate about big changes. Amani thought Woody was trying to control her and her actions, but once they started going through the actual work of really communicating, they realized, it was not about appearances, but about making decisions that affect each other. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

The hair thing was hugely exaggerated. Woody was just using it as an example to say he doesn’t like surprises and it just got taken to a whole other level. Next thing you know they are arguing over a totally hypothetical situation that hasn’t happened and isn’t likely to happen. Cross that bridge when you get there! Totally producer driven 

Bennett is adorable but omg that shirt with the holes on it! He’s got the perfect woman matched with him. I want to see her Prom Queen photos! 

I also think that Brett’s house is trashy and messy. I’d have absolutely faked it a lot more pretending to be polite but I thinks Olivia’s response was again producer driven and edited. Now, Olivia’s house was no piece of cake either. So, both of you, try to be civil and polite, both your houses are pretty basic. 

Karen is joking around and being sarcastic but in a way that I personally find exhausting. 

• Love 10

Bennett and Amelia are a perfectly matched couple but I’m cringing every time I see how filthy his feet are and on that nice couch that’s not really theirs. 

Why does Pastor Cal ask the couples if they are going to have kids when most of them haven’t even had sex yet? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

Who picked these couples?

Olivia and Brett? Ridiculous. Beyond the fact that he’s a total f**k boi, he is simply not wired to be with a woman who is more successful than he is. Olivia just wants to be with a guy who works/earns at the same level she does, and wants to be able to take nice vacations as a reward for hard work. 

Christina and Henry? No. Just no. He has zero interest in her. She has zero interest in him, yet is completely insulted that he has no interest in her. Also, is she homeless? My biggest question though is how can someone as Blqnd as Henry have dated Trishelle?

Plenty of other weirdness, but not as baffling as these two matches.

• Love 10
49 minutes ago, Myrtle Urkele said:

Side note, is Christina living out of her car? I'm confused they didn't have a place of hers for them to go to.

I took it as she didn't want to take him to her place.  Yet she wants him to make a move? 🤔

47 minutes ago, gladitsover said:

Pastor Cal is trying to stir up trouble between Amelia and Bennett, trying to burst their beautiful rainbow bubble. Damn him! 😤

As if he won't move - she's not going to bag all that med school to sweep his tiny floor, and he needs her to complete her residency so she can be breadwinner.  This is just going to be their "conflict" since they get along too well.  (See: Ashley taking Anthony's last name)

24 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Brett and Olivia need to do a budget together. It costs us x to live, we bring in y, our entertainment budget is z, our travel budget is w. He's right that if he doesn't have the disposable income that she does, expecting him to fuck up his budget isn't fair. It's one of those "do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?" situations - like, I get that she doesn't want to be a sugar mama (and to be fair to Brett, he doesn't seem to expect that of her), but if you want your person to come with you to a thing and they can't afford it, why not treat them? I have a friend who has season football tickets and I doubt he expects his wife to reimburse him. (I actually don't think his wife goes to the games, but that's not the point.)

Exactly.  I have more money than Mr. P - he pays the household bills and I take care of my credit cards and our trips and vacations.  Furthermore, he only wants to take a yearly vacation (although he'll do the occasional weekend trip) so several times a year I travel with friends and he stays home. I'm Team Brett on this issue.  What Cal should have had them talk about was what was important to them - not traveling at all?  Everyone paying his own way?  Doing everything together?

11 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Olivia a made it crystal clear that her money is exactly that and she isn't going to pay any part of her husband's way. What she needs is a travel partner, not a spouse. She's not here for becoming one unit. 

She wants a "plus one."

Interesting that when Bennett gave his opinion about it being unethical to have bio children, "expert" Cal seemed surprised.  Shouldn't he have know that from the extensive interviews and tests they do? 🙄

• Love 17

Unflitered: Bennett, Amani, Olivia, JamieO

Bennett’s outfit is from the rag box of a Circus Vargas.

Olivia is a bore with the scripted Q+A....Yes, you work a lot....

Amani is giving the safe and expected  answers.

Bennett starts talking but my eyes are trying to figure out his  yellow pantaloons with the blue mini patches and different colored knee patches. Wished he had size 50 clown shoes to complete the ensemble.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

ChristinA was being evasive about her living situation. Henry threw out the “F” word- friend. Nothing to see here.

Brett is practical, frugal, but he also has an attitude. Olivia doesn’t want to leave her comfortable “bubble” or pay his way as her ‘plus one’.  They’ll just keep pissing each other off until one or both finally walk away.

Bennett needs some slippers... 

Edited by gonecrackers
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13

I think the problem with Olivia and Brett is that they’re both annoying and do circles around their conversations . Brett is a cheapskate , not because he is good at budgeting and saving for his retirement , but because he brings up money in every sentence which is a complete turn off . We get it , Olivia is “ loaded “ and you’re just the greatest at saving . My God , I need the vacation after listening to his whining . 
Olivia can’t stand Brett and it shows . It shows so much , that I often find myself  siding with Brett . She has such a monotone voice and a snooty look on her face at all times . They’re just very poorly matched which I’m sure is the reason they were matched . After all its tv , you can’t match 5 Danielle and Bobby’s . 

Christina , if all these guys told you you’re the most beautiful girl That ever existed and they meant it  , then why have you never received flowers ? Henry is lying about her patience being the reason he’s not interested in her . He wasn’t interested the second she walked down the aisle and he commented on her height . Those two have zero chemistry . He knows it , we know it , Cal knows it , Brett and Olivias cats know it and she knows it but all the girl wants is a damn compliment . Just Tell her she has nice shoes ,Give her something ! 

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Wait, is Christina homeless?

And now we know what Henry is referring to in previews where he says, “The lies are coming out” or something like that.  The flashback clip to the wedding day, and ChristinA telling him she lives in the Central Business District, was a producer assist to make sure we connect the dots. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 7

Amelia is head over heels in love with Bennett. So far, he can do nothing wrong in her eyes. She even loved that box he lives in. I hope they make it and Bennett realizes that wherever she has to go to fulfill her residency is not going to be forever. 

If I had really long hair and was thinking about cutting it I would have a conversation with my husband about it. I would still do what I wanted but there would be a conversation. My point is that when you are married you talk to each other, you value the other's opinion, find out what they are thinking. Jeez, is it so hard? 

Wow ChristinA. All she does is bitch. I don't like this bedroom, I don't like this bathroom. We have to move this furniture. She has totally turned off Henry with her constant negativity and "high maintenance" attitude. As soon as he picked up on it during the honeymoon is when he checked out. Plus she's too tall, ha!

How much traveling does Olivia think she are Brett can do when they both have full time jobs? I am surprised Brett doesn't want to go to Saints games, though. They both live in dumps so neither one has room to criticize the others homes. 

Karen and whatshisname- he's sweet, she's boring and guarded and wants an older guy. Nice match, experts. 

Woody lives with grandma? Ya kidding me? 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, ShowFan said:

Karen is joking around and being sarcastic but in a way that I personally find exhausting. 

Yaaaassss!  When they were looking out the window and she said, “do you want to go swimming right now?” and Miles was initially so shocked and then after clarifying if she really said that said, “yeah let’s do it!” only to have her yet again say, “I’m not doing that...”  I mean, I was over it FOR Miles at that point.  Shut up, Karen!  Stop being a wet, tired rat.  It’s neither cute, nor funny.  This is why her old ass will be alone forever, unless a young, semi-desperate chubb like Miles indulges her.  Yes, I said ALL of that.

• LOL 7
  • Love 10
16 minutes ago, rebel2u said:

I thought she lived with her mom.  Don't the "experts" always do a home visit?  She must have some place to lay her head.  She's obviously not laying Henry.

ChristinA is laying her head on all those first class seats due to her fabulous jet-set job that takes her out of the country!  Seriously, now I want to go back and rewatch the first intro episodes to see what her situation was. This may be producer shenanigans but tonight she rambled about stuff in her car, stuff in storage, travel for work, stuff in California...I didn’t recall she once lived in Cali. And I noticed in the flashback scene, she sort of stumbled over “CBD” like she wasn’t sure what it stood for, so I question if she really lived/lives there. Clearly tonight, they want us to wonder if she is homeless, even if she isn’t.

I don’t recall the experts doing home visits (at least not being shown them) since the early seasons. I wish they would, as those scenes were always fun!

• Love 4

Amelia is so accomplished. She is a doctor, can sing, Homecoming Queen, Vice President of the student council, and she can parallel park. 

There is that old saying about man and woman sharing a body until fate sliced them apart...so everyone is always looking for their other half.

Amelia and Bennett almost make me believe this is true.

Is Christina homeless? I seriously need to know.

Edited by qtpye
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13

Henry’s not making any moves on XTinA. Even if a producer held up a sign “Henry make a move!” He couldn’t.

Tyrion...adventure cat.
Will Brett’s ancient Samsonite make an appearance in the move in?

Woody and Amani have a pool side patio at The Gotham Lofts.

Brett’s house underwhelmed Olivia....she made him feel shitty about the house he is proud of and that is shitty of her.

Amelia is a lovely woman...so positive and assuring to Bennett. She accepts him,  appreciates him and likes him..whole hog.

They are mutually smitten with each other...their segments need a sparkly filter to show how magical their vibe is on screen.
Henry’s studio is minimalist and that’s an over statement.

ChristinA’s car was parked CBD so that’s where she “lives”
Think she is based in California and was recruited if she could be in NOLA for the auditioning and selection process.
Cal’s visit with BOlivia....how they differ on money is the most obvious problem...very touchy subject for both.

She has Incurred debt but that doesn’t stop her from spending $$$$$ on Entertainment and wanting to travel...guess she will just charge it...And that is insane to Brett...piling up debt, paying interest on a debt...

Brett would never spend $5000...not even $1000 on a trip...much less once or twice a year.
He likes to save for a rainy day with a big retirement nest egg as his goal.
Kaput...Dunzo for BOlivia..... the rest of the 7 weeks will be irritating each other..... and annoying us with their tantrums...

Cal’s visit to Henny and XTinA’s...FriendZone. 
Henry’s not feeling her...at all and she’s not attracted to him because he isn’t lusting after her.

She has related several times how her past beaus declare how beautiful she is...Henry just blinks and tics....

Cal’s visit to Amelia And Bennett...he harshed their shine....It was like watching him stomp on their pet unicorn...

Cal’s Visit to The Obamas...Karen is still being Jephte....I just met you...you are a stranger...can I trust you?...
Miles is helpless until Karen wants to trust...

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Amelia is head over heels in love with Bennett. So far, he can do nothing wrong in her eyes. She even loved that box he lives in. I hope they make it and Bennett realizes that wherever she has to go to fulfill her residency is not going to be forever. 

If I had really long hair and was thinking about cutting it I would have a conversation with my husband about it. I would still do what I wanted but there would be a conversation. My point is that when you are married you talk to each other, you value the other's opinion, find out what they are thinking. Jeez, is it so hard? 

Wow ChristinA. All she does is bitch. I don't like this bedroom, I don't like this bathroom. We have to move this furniture. She has totally turned off Henry with her constant negativity and "high maintenance" attitude. As soon as he picked up on it during the honeymoon is when he checked out. Plus she's too tall, ha!

How much traveling does Olivia think she are Brett can do when they both have full time jobs? I am surprised Brett doesn't want to go to Saints games, though. They both live in dumps so neither one has room to criticize the others homes. 

Karen and whatshisname- he's sweet, she's boring and guarded and wants an older guy. Nice match, experts. 

And grandma's ok with Woody bringing the ladies home with him!!!!!

Olivia makes good money but has no financial plan and she also has credit card debt!  Interest on credit cards would drive a guy like Brett crazy!!!

Does Henry have Tourettes?    I've Never seen him twitch like he was doing tonight.

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, ShowFan said:

The hair thing was hugely exaggerated. Woody was just using it as an example to say he doesn’t like surprises. 

Woody wants his partner to consider him when she makes decisions. Amani wants him to know she doesn't plan to let him to control her. It would have been interesting to observe her word choice and tone if Woody's family asked her that submission question that Miles' family asked Karen. 

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Philadelphia Keith lived w/ his grandmother. Maybe Woody has student loans, is saving for a down payment on a house, or is spending all his money on hats. Three of my friends lived with their parents until they were 27-34 and bought their first homes. My cousin and her husband lived w/ my grandmother when she was 34 and the guy was older than that! I question those women who were okay hooking up w/ Woody at grandma's house though. 

Brett could research travel hacking in case it exists when the world opens up again. Then he could travel with Christina inexpensively. There might be ways to get tickets to Saints games for not that much, too.  Depending on how much debt Olivia has, she might not be able to afford all the traveling and fine dining that she likes to do. 

21 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Is Christina homeless? I seriously need to know.

Hopefully she shares a place with a bunch of other flight attendants and her roommates just didn't want the cameras there.

Is Karen and the cheating ex a MAFS reboot of Deonna and the situationships? If so I like Deonna more than Karen and Miles more than Greg. 

Edited by RaeSpellman
  • Love 6

Brett is an ass. Period. I even agree with him about sticking to a budget but what a butthole. Olivia’s no peach either. Their marriage is trash and they’ll be sniping at each other the rest of the season. I feel sorry for their cats actually. Getting used to new roommates and then being split apart again (as they inevitably will be when this experiment is over).

I think Karen is making their age difference a bigger deal than it needs to be. She’s looking, hard, for the other shoe to drop and for Miles to disappoint in some way. I kinda think she might be okay with time but *shrug* could go either way.

• Love 6

Some quick vibes.

I'm beginning to think Olivia is flat out a hustler. She wasn't seeking a husband to share her luxurious lifestyle she was seeking someone to support it. I suspect she's far more in debt than she leads on. Brett saw right through it. She's not even looking for dutch treat. If that was her motive she should have done her own gold digging.

Henry- Its clear to me (even more so after the previews) that he is not attracted in the least to Christina who actually seems to be trying and looked genuinely hurt when Henry made negative comments. I actually thought he showed a witty side of himself but man that full facial tick was working over time.

Not surprised about Bennett sharing his concerns about moving. Of course he has a life where he is. But in this case love will find away.

Amani and Woody Voted couple most likely to succeed. Woody's point is valid but the hair was a bad example. Don't sweat the little things but the big things do matter. Simple agree like any expenditures over $100 (single item) should be discussed. If a couple can't agree on some big ticket decision wait on it.

Karen and Miles have issues. Its like a Janis Joplin song..

Don't you know when you're loving anybody, baby
You're taking a gamble on a little sorrow
But then who cares, baby
'Cause we may not be here tomorrow, no no...

• Love 11

Olivia comes off looking like a fiscally irresponsible adult who has no qualms spending $ to eat out, spending $$$$ on NFL tickets but doesn’t seem in a rush to cleaned up her debt....that is her prerogative.

Brett doesn’t need to be a butthole and chastise her for her spending....
He is convinced he has to be calculating and thrifty to be able to afford a secure retirement...nothing wrong with that...
He doesn’t see value in traveling and nice hotels..

They are no way, no how compatible.

• Love 9

I thought Karen was being playful and seemed much more positive toward miles Then it had look like during the honeymoon. She's improved by 11 days.

4 hours ago, gladitsover said:

I think Olivia is upset that the show matched her with someone that was not what she asked for. That seems to be the common theme in all the seasons. How hard is it to find a guy who wants to go to Saints games, or out to dinner, or travel. Most normal people want to do that. 

Brett is not interested in spending the money he is putting aside for his retirement to attend a Saints game for expensive dinners. His wife is in debt over all that entertainment. Definitely I wouldn't be impressed either. I think she could've been a lot more gracious about his home that he was in the process of buying meaning paying his mortgage every month. If she was interested in him, which she's not they could live there with a small mortgage and find a way to do more things.  Olivia doesn't wanna share her money with a Stranger which I get. She was looking to be matched with a man who had the same or more money and then she wouldn't have to share. If a man wanted to do what Olivia wants to do I think that would be some condemnation.  Men pretty routinely make more and "share" with their wife.  There is no hope for this couple. I know personally I'd be totally turned off to learn my new husband had a great deal of debt, not for the purchase of a home, but the purchase of experiences and was paying 17% to 24% of interest on credit cards. Oh no, not me.  Brett's house in the unfashionable part of town can be painted, decorated, and sold at a profit.  It would be silly of Olivia to spend that kind of money decorating a rental.  But maybe she would now that we know that she doesn't budget.

4 hours ago, gladitsover said:

I think she would be happy if he would just pay her a genuine compliment, or ask her about her life, show some damn interest in her! You can be an introvert and say nice things or at least have a conversation - especially when you are one on one with another person (who happens to be your spouse)

Christina just wants Henry to lust after her and make her feel prettier than she really is. The jerks she dated in the past that never gave her flowers gave her compliments and that turned her head.

3 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Olivia a made it crystal clear that her money is exactly that and she isn't going to pay any part of her husband's way. What she needs is a travel partner, not a spouse. She's not here for becoming one unit. 

Olivia said it herself she's a little rigid maybe a lot rigid. Now she's not interested in sharing any of her money so she definitely has to have someone with the same or greater income. She's not that much of a feminist.

2 hours ago, VagabondDays said:

Yaaaassss!  When they were looking out the window and she said, “do you want to go swimming right now?” and Miles was initially so shocked and then after clarifying if she really said that said, “yeah let’s do it!” only to have her yet again say, “I’m not doing that...”  I mean, I was over it FOR Miles at that point.  Shut up, Karen!  Stop being a wet, tired rat.  It’s neither cute, nor funny.  This is why her old ass will be alone forever, unless a young, semi-desperate chubb like Miles indulges her.  Yes, I said ALL of that.

Wow, I had such a different impression. I thought she was been teasing and was lighter than she had been. I was happy for Miles and that it looked like there was a little bit of inroads in their relationship.

55 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I'm beginning to think Olivia is flat out a hustler. She wasn't seeking a husband to share her luxurious lifestyle she was seeking someone to support it. I suspect she's far more in debt than she leads on. Brett saw right through it. She's not even looking for dutch treat. If that was her motive she should have done her own gold digging.

I was really impressed by this insight. I think you were absolutely correct and that Olivia didn't even want to do the groundwork to try to find a rich husband. She thought maybe she could just be Matched up by the show and that he would even pay off her loans.  Different times people worried about Amelia's school loans which I felt there would be none since her mother was a surgeon. But Olivia may have been some very substantial school loans as well as the credit cards for her entertainment. No dutch treats for her! I don't think she can afford it.

Edited by Kira53
I don't remember to proofread.
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

I hated pre-wedding Brett, and now, much to my surprise, I find myself crushing on post-wedding Brett.  I seem to be alone! 

He seems genuinely attracted to Olivia (a shock to me).  He has been funny and witty and quite open about his past experiences and his fears, showing vulnerability.  When he refused to give a rating, I thought douchey pre-wedding Brett was emerging, but then the next day he gave a sincere, heart-melting explanation and apology. 

As a result of growing up with all those jerks in his family, he uses sarcasm and dead-pan humor as a defense mechanism, and in the beginning it seemed like Olivia could appreciate that, but increasingly his jokes seem lost on her.  When one person is deadpan and the other is dour, things get tense quickly. 

For all her talk of "I'll take the nice guy!", she hasn't been very nice herself.  No suitcases on the bed!  Once-a-week sex on her day off after she's FaceTimed all her friends and family!  These computer monitors better not be for gaming!  DEBT!  

He seems comfortable with himself, which is a turn-on to me.  I thought he handled himself really admirably in the face of Olivia's yokel parents' "ARE U A CHRISTIAN, BOY?" grilling.  He stood firm in his beliefs while also being respectful of theirs, which is a difficult line to walk.  He has a job that requires skill and could be well-paid; he just does it for local government, which can't compensate him well.  Maybe he can apply for an IT job in another, higher-paying sector, so he has more earning potential.  He just hasn't needed to, because he's content with his ancient luggage and box wine.  Like Bennett, I think it speaks to his maturity that he's not interested in keeping up with the Joneses, and increasingly Olivia seems materialistic and irresponsible with money.

At the start of their marriage, I was bracing for sweet Olivia to get her heart broken by Brett, the shallow player.  I kept waiting for Brett's kind, invested, earnest "act" to drop, but it hasn't, and instead it's Olivia who's mucking it all up!  Don't ruin this, girl!  

Edited by Linarina
  • Useful 2
  • Love 16
8 hours ago, gladitsover said:

Karen has no sense of fun. She needs to lighten up. Miles is being playful, trying to joke and flirt and she just takes it as immature, instead of fun. She should live with Henry or Brett for a day, and  then I think she would appreciate Miles. 

I actually thought Karen was showing signs of warming up to Miles in spite of that.  I got a vibe when they were going through the apartments that she was actually play-bantering with him and flirting a little bit.   Could there be hope for these two yet?  Of course I've only watched half the episode so far , so if that went south later, "never mind", LOL.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Myrtle Urkele said:

I'm calling it, Henry is not interested in her. He's being a polite gentleman but he wanted someone chill and does not like her assertiveness. 

In total agreement!  They all probably assumed that his shy, reticent demeanor meant that he wanted a woman who could dominate him, but they went on appearances and that's not what Henry is all about.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, RaeSpellman said:
9 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Amani’s hair is her business and if she cuts it Woody might not be attracted to her anymore. Is he only with her because he likes her hair? Hmmm.  

I don't think he meant to imply that she needed his permission to change her hairstyle even though she took it that way.  I think he wanted to say that he would appreciate it if she consulted or at least warned him first.  A lot of guys are actually very into a woman's hairstyle and it is just courtesy not to one day show up with a completely new one without telling them about your plans first.  Knowing how my husband likes my hair long (and being lucky enough to keep it long even at my age) I aim to please him - fortunately I'm not doing anything I really hate by keeping it long either because I like it that way myself.  If I didn't like it, I'd talk to him about it - give him a heads up and let him get used to the idea of what I wanted to do with it first - at his request because he doesn't want to be shocked one day.  That's probably what Woody was asking for, at least that's what it looked like to me.  He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would require a woman's permission on stuff like this, but that's just my impression of him.

Speaking of Woody's hair - I've been thinking he needs to shape his beard differently.  Not a deal breaker, just being shallow, LOL.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Brett and Olivia need to do a budget together. It costs us x to live, we bring in y, our entertainment budget is z, our travel budget is w. He's right that if he doesn't have the disposable income that she does, expecting him to fuck up his budget isn't fair. It's one of those "do you want to be right or do you want to be happy?" situations - like, I get that she doesn't want to be a sugar mama (and to be fair to Brett, he doesn't seem to expect that of her), but if you want your person to come with you to a thing and they can't afford it, why not treat them? I have a friend who has season football tickets and I doubt he expects his wife to reimburse him. (I actually don't think his wife goes to the games, but that's not the point.)

I actually thought Olivia came off looking like she was looking for a sugar daddy to help her pay off her debt and finance her travel and entertainment, and that Brett is not "the guy she asked for" because he can't possibly do that for her.  Any woman who wasn't looking for that would have said something like, "Well, you can contribute whatever you feel you can afford and we can come to a compromise later".

• Love 16
5 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

Some quick vibes.

THIS, 10,000%!!!

5 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Olivia comes off looking like a fiscally irresponsible adult who has no qualms spending $ to eat out, spending $$$$ on NFL tickets but doesn’t seem in a rush to cleaned up her debt....that is her prerogative.

Brett doesn’t need to be a butthole and chastise her for her spending....

Yes, yes, yes, I noticed the same thing.  Despite her high income she seems to have let on that she lives beyond her means.  I wonder just how much debt she's in.  I actually don't blame Brett as much for his butthole chastising of her spending knowing this.   I actually think she IS in a quest to clean up her debt by using a guy with money to do it for her!  She probably was hoping for a Bobby who would pay off her debt like he did with Danielle (at least that's how I remember it happening).  I don't think Brett would be digging his heels in so much about being thrifty and not traveling if he didn't sense that this is what she is expecting of him.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, Cancun said:

ChristinA is laying her head on all those first class seats due to her fabulous jet-set job that takes her out of the country!

Most certainly not. The job is not at all fabulous..it’s grueling and highly uncomfortable. And the occasional free trips are still massively exhausting. 

Edited by ShowFan
Correct typo
  • Useful 1