Type keyword(s) to search

100 Days Wild - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Well, that ended about as expected.  Andrew and Jennifer get the bulk of the food that everyone worked for, and everyone else leaves.  I'm a little fuzzy about what Gerrid and Christine are doing.  They said they were going elsewhere in Alaska to live with friends.  For a minute I thought they meant Adam and Evan, but I don't think so.

Adam's words to Andrew were correct, they need to work on their people skills or future attempts at building a community are going to end up the same way.  They talked about different "claims" in the area, so that's a hint about how owning the land works, but I don't know enough about it to solve the mystery.  I wish they would have told us.  I suppose if you develop the land you're living on by putting up some shelters or cabins, that legitimizes your claim?  I actually understand Andrew being upset because it appears Adam, Evan, and Oliver sort of "stole" his land, but he and Jennifer made their own bed.

I really enjoyed this show and looked forward to it every week.  I'm concerned that if there's a next season (as I hope) it will be focusing on Jennifer and Andrew's next attempt at building a community, with a new cast.  I'd rather follow the adventures of Adam, Evan, and Oliver.  Preferably with Gerrid and Christine around.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Adam should have asked Andrew to show him his deed for the land he claimed. Dick! 
I hope their is another season.

Yes! Andrew legitimately acts like he owns the moose that walk on whatever ground he has "scouted." The guy just baffles me. 

Queen Jen the First talks about feeling used, but I think they're the users. They brought a team of people in, used their skills, then treated them all like garbage. 

• Love 3

If staking a claim on land involves putting up buildings on it, the Royal Couple were using the others to stake a claim at Birch Camp. The further out land (where Oliver was) had no structures on it though. I would say it was fair game for the Three Musketeers.

• Love 3

I chuckled all the way through this farce of a finale. 

Adam telling us about the exhausting daily chores at Birch camp as if he and Evan are actually planning to live out there all winter in that tiny hut with no food. Then at end, they announce they are going to head out to fresh land and build a shelter there ...in the middle of winter (?!) ...with no food. (?!) 

Oliver pretending he has been living for weeks in a canvas tent on the snow with no indoor firepit. I hope to god that wasn't a real wolf he snared, cuz I don't believe he did anything with it. When Adam and Evan just happened to miraculously walk right past his camp the next day, they had to share their food with him. 

Christine and Gerrid never intended on this being anything other than a TV-time lark. Even though they got their bucket o' fish, they decide to go shack up with some friends somewhere. 

Adam decides he and Evan must haul their fully-packed sleds 10-miles back to base camp, so he can tell Andrew they are actually gonna squat in some land Andrew doesn't even own.  Uh huh. 

It's like a parody of real survival shows. If this show was genuine, it could actually be a really great show. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

Queen Jen the First talks about feeling used, but I think they're the users. They brought a team of people in, used their skills, then treated them all like garbage. 

This program should be shown to schools all over the US, as how to NOT start any type of society, it's a great study.  Andrew and Jennifer went about it ALL WRONG. 

As I remember it, not everybody arrived at the same time.  A&J didn't wait for everybody to arrive, to have a meeting and have a discussion about who does what and what everybody's strengths and weakness were.   

Adam was right, everything went to hell when they kicked Oliver out; because when they kicked Oliver out, everybody else probably wondered how safe THEY were. 

I think Jennifer and Andrew originally wanted this show to be about community survival in Alaska during the winter.  It didn't happen the way they wanted because A&J didn't know what the hell they were doing.  If it weren't for COVID-19, I believe this show never would have made it to TV, because it failed.  But because of the lack of content due to COVID , this show wound up making it.

I think the real reason Andrew got angry with Adam, was because the area Adam and Evan wanted to go to was an area Andrew and Jennifer wanted to use for the TV show, but A&J fucked the community ideal, so too damn bad folks.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

This program should be shown to schools all over the US, as how to NOT start any type of society, it's a great study.  Andrew and Jennifer went about it ALL WRONG. 

As I remember it, not everybody arrived at the same time.  A&J didn't wait for everybody to arrive, to have a meeting and have a discussion about who does what and what everybody's strengths and weakness were.   

Adam was right, everything went to hell when they kicked Oliver out; because when they kicked Oliver out, everybody else probably wondered how safe THEY were. 

I think Jennifer and Andrew originally wanted this show to be about community survival in Alaska during the winter.  It didn't happen the way they wanted because A&J didn't know what the hell they were doing.  If it weren't for COVID-19, I believe this show never would have made it to TV, because it failed.  But because of the lack of content due to COVID , this show wound up making it.

I think the real reason Andrew got angry with Adam, was because the area Adam and Evan wanted to go to was an area Andrew and Jennifer wanted to use for the TV show, but A&J fucked the community ideal, so too damn bad folks.

Legitimately, everything you just said is spot on. Especially the part about using this as an illustration of what not to do when developing a society/community. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

If staking a claim on land involves putting up buildings on it, the Royal Couple were using the others to stake a claim at Birch Camp. The further out land (where Oliver was) had no structures on it though. I would say it was fair game for the Three Musketeers.

If that's the way the claims work, I wonder if that factored into Adam and Evan's decision to move out of Birch Camp and out where Oliver was.  I wonder if there would be legal grounds for Andrew and Jennifer to claim that A&E built the shelter at Birch Camp in their name.  Moving out to Oliver's land (can't remember the real name of it, started with a K) could have meant they were free and clear.

3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Adam decides he and Evan must haul their fully-packed sleds 10-miles back to base camp, so he can tell Andrew they are actually gonna squat in some land Andrew doesn't even own.  Uh huh. 

That trip coincided with the end of the 100 days, so it was obviously a staged event to put an end to the season.  I agree there were some clearly staged events, but that doesn't bother me, because as I've said before nearly all reality shows are staged to some extent.  It just comes with the territory.

I agree it's highly unlikely Adam, Evan, and Oliver spent the winter there.  Let's not forget Adam has a family back home.  He said he was planning on bringing them up to Alaska when he was ready, but that winter appeared to be a bust, unless they were planning on living on Oliver's wolf lol.

2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

If it weren't for COVID-19, I believe this show never would have made it to TV, because it failed.

I actually thought the fact that it failed was one of the most interesting aspects of the show.  Too often there's a deadline, and at the last minute they miraculously find a way to meet it.  This whole venture was just a slow motion trainwreck.  I found it refreshing.

Edited by rmontro
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, rmontro said:

I actually thought the fact that it failed was one of the most interesting aspects of the show.  Too often there's a deadline, and at the last minute they miraculously find a way to meet it.  This whole venture was just a slow motion trainwreck.  I found it refreshing.

To me the failure made it more real.  I just don't think Discovery would have aired it, had it not been for COVID and lack of content. 

• Love 1

Oliver is probably the biggest jackass I’ve ever seen on reality tv!  How did he ever get chosen is my question!

No beaver, no bird but a wolf we never heard another word about!  I was thinking he’d share it with his visitors but no he shared their food!

With that said he did get on the show and probably got a paycheck so there’s that!

Why was a Jennifer going for water with just a sweater and no coat?

Adam wrapped in fur and his buddy in a thermal suit?!

Its a fun show and I hope somebody fixes it and we can enjoy the adventures!

• Love 3

This is not an Alaskan adventure - this is a "reality" TV show.  When the people were interviewed to be on the show, the producers probably made it clear they were looking for one person to be uncooperative, and Oliver agreed to be that guy.

22 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I know Adam is back home in Virginia because of that interview he did for the local news.

Back from his TV adventure eh?  I wonder if he has plans to go back?  For that matter, where is Oliver now?  Probably in some bar in his Davey Crockett outfit, trying to turn his 15 minutes of fame into a one night stand.

• LOL 4
11 hours ago, rmontro said:

Back from his TV adventure eh?  I wonder if he has plans to go back?  For that matter, where is Oliver now?  Probably in some bar in his Davey Crockett outfit, trying to turn his 15 minutes of fame into a one night stand.

He said he wanted to go back with his son.

• Love 1

Adam has a son, I think.  I'm really hoping Oliver doesn't.

I would happily watch a bunch of people trying to do what they said this show was about.  Unfortunately, the producers decided to go all High Drama! All.The.Time!! which backfired spectacularly.  Even if they get $ for season2, I doubt I'll watch more.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, meep.meep said:

I would happily watch a bunch of people trying to do what they said this show was about.  Unfortunately, the producers decided to go all High Drama! All.The.Time!! which backfired spectacularly.  Even if they get $ for season2, I doubt I'll watch more.

I think that was the original premise of the show.  I think that's what Andrew and Jennifer pitched the show to be.  The problem was that Andrew and Jennifer were such pills that they couldn't hold a community together, hence the train wreck.  The show was a failure and probably never would have made it to TV had it not been for the pandemic. 

• Love 3

Oh boy. So this has ended, before it had hardly started. I wish them all well. Andrew and Jennifer blew their chance at having a community. No one else did it but them. They were all willing to give it their best shot but the sour puss couple had zero communication skills.

Probably from years playing "read my mind" with each other when something was bothering them. They've staked out their own little private country just for two, and freak out any time someone else in their private country crosses the boundary. They didn't want other people there. They just wanted their own little universe but needed help with all the chores. They really just wanted slaves.

Their air of know-it-all superiority  of the subject of Alaska remote living included no knowledge of how to work with a community of other individuals. I rarely saw, if ever, either of them working along side the others except for the moose hunt with Andrew and Gerrid. They only turn up to big chore events afterwards, to supervise with looks of disappointment and criticism of how it's being done. 

Was there another time with fishing? I dunno. They didn't help with the goati hut. If Jennifer was cutting fish, she did it away from the others on fish cutting day. It would have been a bonding time. They didn't want to bond with the others, but wanted the others to bond to them. As yes men. Asking permission and what chore should they next do for the royal leaders of the private country.

Now what survival show can we watch?? Those Alaskan Bush people are complete fools , plus their show is a finale next week too, I think. Need some new naked and afraids!

• Love 6

So much promise. Just wasted.                                                                         

I knew it was doomed when Andrew asked Gerrid to kick Oliver out. He showed he had no balls from the get go. Jen looks like she'd be more at home in a Hallmark Christmas movie.

I understand they have to sprinkle in the drama, but some of it was over the top.

Still hooked on the show, though. I think they will need to bring a couple more people, besides Adam,  that actually have some skills for that kind of living. Oliver is what my grandfather used to call..  "All hat and no cattle"  He dressed the part, and talked a good game, but always came up empty. 

Hope they bring it back. 

Edited by CJMUIR
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Probably from years playing "read my mind" with each other when something was bothering them. They've staked out their own little private country just for two, and freak out any time someone else in their private country crosses the boundary. They didn't want other people there. They just wanted their own little universe but needed help with all the chores. They really just wanted slaves.

I think you are 100% right about that.  They didn't really want a community.  I believe that like most people on reality shows, they have something to promote, maybe a wilderness survival training school or something.  That's probably why they wanted to do the show, to promote that; and they ended up looking like assholes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, SassyCat said:

Andrew and Jennifer blew their chance at having a community. No one else did it but them. They were all willing to give it their best shot but the sour puss couple had zero communication skills.

They may have also blown their chance for a TV show, although I hope it comes back.  I wonder if it would have gone any better if instead of saying there were no leaders, if they came out from the beginning saying they were the leaders and started assigning tasks.  I don't think it would have helped, because their approach was so bad and off-putting, but at least it would have been more honest.  Clearly they considered themselves the rightful leaders, no matter what they said.

• Love 2

It would have been so awesome if Adam, Evan, Gerrid and Christine had gone back to base camp to tell Andrew and Jennifer that they were being excommunicated from the community and they needed to leave their cozy cabin and get the hell out of Dodge.  That would have been one of most ultimate moments in reality show history.

• LOL 3
On 9/26/2020 at 6:14 PM, TVbitch said:

I guess I am the only one who is kind of finding this show laughable. I mean, in the best way. I'm enjoying it, but it seems more and more like Big Brother Alaska or something.

I mean are we to believe Adam and Evan cleared that totally pristine 10-mile long, 3-foot wide path from Birch to Base in 5 hours?! And that Oliver has been in a tent on the snow since his ouster! And that Andrew and Jennifer have lived there 5 years and never came across that cabin that was right near one of their targeted camp sites?!

I do think the drahhhhma is mostly real. I like Adam, but to be fair, he is pretty passive aggressive. He keeps bitching about how Oliver was put out, but he never voiced his objection at the time. He went along with the others, then took the moral highground afterwards. This episode, he tells Ethan they are going back to Base to get some meat, but then he hems and haws and never comes out and asserts that they need it. Gerrid was the one who stepped up and said they were starving and should take some. Then during the "found" cabin meeting, Adam again did not really voice what his issues were.  

I noticed Gerrid and Christine have become a "we." Although if I were Christine I would not start planning a wedding or anything. : )

Andrew and Jennifer simply have no people skills.  Also there never seemed to be an agreed upon structure or plan within the group or even a discussion of what everyone's expectations were ....which should have been a DAY ONE conversation. 

With that many gaps, I wonder how much is editing for a story and how much is real?  We already know that A&J are complete and total idiots who have no idea how to establish a "community" an not a dictatorship, so you're left with Disco, trying to complete some kind of storyline in the face of everything falling apart.  Without a clear/concise he said then he said, then she said, I'm going to fall back to editing.  If it's choppy, then there is a reason and Disco did not have a clear/concise ending, so they waffled between the couple that started the idea (and failed) vs. the group that could have finished the idea, but were not supported at all.

On 9/26/2020 at 6:14 PM, TVbitch said:

With my previous comment said, I am SO SAD that I came here from a link from Homestead Rescue and there is an actual thread for this train wreck, but not a thread for Homestead Rescue?    Seriously, which show has multiple seasons?  I do not understand this forum.

Edited by MelinaBallerina
  • Love 1
On 12/6/2020 at 12:42 AM, MelinaBallerina said:

With my previous comment said, I am SO SAD that I came here from a link from Homestead Rescue and there is an actual thread for this train wreck, but not a thread for Homestead Rescue?    Seriously, which show has multiple seasons?  I do not understand this forum.

If you want a thread/topic for a series, create it. I created the one for this series as well as a few others.

Jennifer and Andrew are vile. 

They seem to have brought all the worst parts of civilisation to a wild community. 

Obviously none is taking Jennifer's food and Andreew is a total asshole! 

Love the rest of the group, genuine real people

Andrew and Jennifer should be glad they did not actually get "Like minded people", as they kept saying throughout the show. Could you imagine a whole show of AnJenns?  Nothing would have gotten done.

The whole logical flaw with their plan was simple enough to see.  You cannot take a bunch of rugged individualists, that are intent on taming the Alaskan wilderness, all of whom have varying levels of survival skills and expect to recruit that type of person for your slave labor.  Maybe Andrew and Jennifer should have kids, then they can abuse them, use them as their labor pool and start their own cult.  Not of course that I would wish that on any kid.

I cannot stand Jennifer’s attitude. I feel like Jennifer and Andrew think they are the town mayor and they are ready to make the laws. Building a dictatorship. They said they will not allow someone else to come in and take over and do things their way. Don’t build a community. Ask ppl if they want to live in your town then. She’s ruining the idea of this show. They need to be kicked out of their own community. 

Yay! I love Oliver!!! I was bummed when he was banished by Jennifer and Andrew, the self-appointed King and Queen of the Woke Outpost from Hell. I wanted the two dictators to find out he is still on the outskirts of their communist commune. I like how Adam refuses to brook untenable edicts. You the man Adam and a great role model for a young dude like Evan. Jennifer and Andrew are clueless as far as how completely ridiculous they look. There is a huge gap between what they say and what they think they are and what they do. I do believe they would rather see the others starve if they won't comply and grovel. I am extremely disappointed there is not a 2nd season. I wonder if Christine and Gerrid got married and now have children...

• Love 1