Type keyword(s) to search

100 Days Wild - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Thanks for creating this! Now that Alone is finished, we were sad.

Although, some of these peeps are already on my nerves, mostly, OLIVER. Even Mr. Snarkish feels he's too slick and his leathers look too new. After having basically grown up in a hunting gear store, he thinks his gear looks all for show. He has an attitude like Roland though. Think he's going to be a problem.

Jennifer...eyeliner. Really?

Not sure what Evan is going to contribute here. Working in a Sporting Goods store and being and Eagle Scout doesn't automatically cut one out for this type of thing. And deciding to go back to base camp because he was wet and cold isn't a good sign. 

I am now craving salmon for dinner.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

This looks as if it might be worth watching. Oliver, the Daniel Boone-wannabe, is a hoot. He had flintlock rifles! Or are those muskets? I hope the beavers outsmart him!

Thank you for starting this topic LittleIggy! Glad to see this new show starting because the end of the Alone season is always a sad thing to bear.

I wonder how Oliver felt getting stuck in that mud, thigh deep in his costume. Not too comfortable I bet. Lol. I thought he was going to need help extracting himself from that quicksand-like glop. Bagging a moose is the only way he may get back in the good graces of the clan, but staying there for beaver was a stupid choice. He's also forcing them to have to return to him later to pick him up. He sure does think he's special. Evan was quick to throw him under the bus when he got back to camp.

• Love 1

I've got to confess, the only reason I'm watching this is because Iggy brought it up on the Alone forum.  Before that, it wasn't really on my radar, but it looked interesting, so here we are.  This show seems odd, because it appears to focus on the 100 days leading up to winter.  Then apparently they're going to stay the winter, but we won't be seeing that bit, probably because it's boring.  It looks kind of like Alone for a small community, so in some respects it's a more realistic situation, and there's no prize money.  

The first episode was really just a big clip show before the season which was unusual.  Episode 2 is really the first episode.

Oliver looks like he's going to be the "character" and source of drama.  I was surprised his hunting skills were only rated a 3/5 when he said he's been living off the grid for 20 years.  I know he's a trapper mainly, but I didn't see a bunch of Cheetos bags lying on the floor of his underground cabin, which looked like some sort of creepy serial killer place.  

The girl who collects road kill to practice tanning was kind of interesting. 

Edited by rmontro
  • Love 2

Oliver is interesting.  He said that he was from Utah left home at 14 to become a Mountain Man.  I wonder what his story is.  Maybe he was in the system as a child and just ran away.  If that's true then good for him.

• Love 1

I either don't like the ringleaders (Andrew & Jennifer), or I'm not liking the way they are being edited.

For someone who's been living off grid in the area for some time, Andrew appears not to know much about where the good moose hunting terrain is located.  If the new people really began arriving with less than 5 days of moose hunting season left, wouldn't that be an indication Andrew was an unsuccessful hunter for the majority of the season already elapsed? Once rogue guy was camped and trapping for beavers in the same area, why not canoe on to a different area to look for a moose, doubling the chances of someone bringing some food home? 

Adam shows up and does more work overnight than we've seen anyone else do, plus successfully hunts a grouse.  Jennifer's response?  That Andrew is going to be upset about not being there to approve Adam's work and then actually admonishes Adam that they don't want to become dependent on hunting for small game like grouse all winter.  Way to take the wind out of his sails, considering you and Andrew only landed 5 of the 300 salmon you were responsible for.

At this point I'm hoping for a "Lord of the Flies" type takeover with Andrew and Jennifer tossed to the wolves.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, eyelash said:

Once rogue guy was camped and trapping for beavers in the same area, why not canoe on to a different area to look for a moose, doubling the chances of someone bringing some food home? 

They were looking for a bull moose.  Maybe it's not that easy to find moose.  How old is Oliver?  He's acting like an 8 year old, which makes me wonder more about my theory about him.

But I don't think Andrew and Jennifer don't understand the concept of community, especially if you're working with people you don't know.

Edited by Neurochick
2 hours ago, eyelash said:

Adam shows up and does more work overnight than we've seen anyone else do, plus successfully hunts a grouse.  Jennifer's response?  That Andrew is going to be upset about not being there to approve Adam's work and then actually admonishes Adam that they don't want to become dependent on hunting for small game like grouse all winter.

They do seem to be setting up some sort of drama to occur when Andrew comes back to find the smoker finished.  Personally, I would trust Adam to construct one better than Andrew.  I was amazed when I saw him out bagging that grouse, I was thinking isn't he too busy building stuff?  

They're trying to paint Oliver as the villain, and he definitely has some quirks.  But he did have a point about them wanting to hunt a moose in the one place where he's already camped.  That was originally pointed out as the place where the moose were, that's why Oliver was there in the first place, so who knows?  If he doesn't bring back some beavers, it's not going to look good for him.

It's kind of amazing that you can put people together like this, and you know they're not going to get along, at least to some extent.  At my age, I've grown to expect it.

Oliver, (Not) King of the Wild Frontier, is a freaking a-hole. Bet Andrew and that other guy (can’t remember his name except that it was spelled funny) did want to kill Oliver after their conversations with him. 😆 I posted before that I hoped the beavers outsmarted him, and they did!

I really like Adam. He can build, and he can hunt. I liked how he showed Evan how to do carpentry stuff.

How will they get all that moose meat back to the main camp? First they have to get it back to the boat with the outboard motor using that little canoe. I hated seeing that beautiful animal killed, but at least they are going to use all of it. It’s not a trophy to hang on the wall.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LittleIggy said:

Bet Andrew and that other guy (can’t remember his name except that it was spelled funny) did want to kill Oliver after their conversations with him. 😆

Gerrid, I think?  I'm still learning everybody's name.  By the time I do, the season will probably be over.  

• LOL 2

I'm not sure I'll hold out this season, because Oliver was on my last nerve from the first episode. Kind of like a male version of Darcey Silva for me. How many Daniel Boone outfits does he manage to model in two episodes...did he arrive with a steamer trunk?? His attitude towards the rest is shit too. 

As others stated, Andrew and Jennifer can bugger off if they don't like Adam's work, he's done more than the others. Evan and Christine spend the most time sipping hot beverages by the fire like they're camping. Not sure what they will contribute at all. Gerrid might be useful.

Wonder why they didn't incorporate Grouse into the meal plan, instead of depending on just the salmon, bear and moose? Seems like those would be easier targets? Granted each Grouse isn't going to offer a lot of meat, but I would think the more variety of meats, the better. I was wondering how the Alone cast were going to wind up health wise, depending on one form of sustenance long term (such as fish or rabbits only).

• Love 1
4 hours ago, snarkish said:

As others stated, Andrew and Jennifer can bugger off if they don't like Adam's work, he's done more than the others. Evan and Christine spend the most time sipping hot beverages by the fire like they're camping. Not sure what they will contribute at all. Gerrid might be useful.

Adam taught Evan a lot of things and appreciated that though Evan didn't know much, he was willing to learn.  

Something is off with Oliver, there's a story there.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Something is off with Oliver, there's a story there.

Didn't he say he's lived in a hole in the ground since he was 14?  Yeah, that's a little off the beaten path.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, rmontro said:

Didn't he say he's lived in a hole in the ground since he was 14?  Yeah, that's a little off the beaten path.

He said when he was 14 he left home to be a mountain man.  Either he's lying or my theory of him being in the system may be true.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

He said when he was 14 he left home to be a mountain man.  Either he's lying or my theory of him being in the system may be true.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit.  My impression was that when he ran away from wherever he ran away from, that's when he built his underground log cabin,  In any case, he seems to lack some experience in dealing with people, and that could be why.  To be honest, none of these people seem to have great social skills for building a community, other than Adam.  He seems to have the right attitude for it.

I'm still interested in the premise of the series.  They have 100 days to prepare for winter, and they have certain parameters to measure their readiness by.  But does anyone actually stay and spend the winter there?  Maybe a few of them?  Or none?

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, rmontro said:

I'm still interested in the premise of the series.  They have 100 days to prepare for winter, and they have certain parameters to measure their readiness by.  But does anyone actually stay and spend the winter there?  Maybe a few of them?  Or none?

It is all very vague.  Still an interesting show, so far.  Did they say how long Andrew and Jen were there at first building that stuff?

46 minutes ago, rmontro said:

To be honest, none of these people seem to have great social skills for building a community, other than Adam.

Young Evan seems pretty social.  He was smart enough to just back off Oliver and go home to Base Camp alone, knowing the others would be worried.

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

It is all very vague.  Still an interesting show, so far.  Did they say how long Andrew and Jen were there at first building that stuff?

I think they did but I don't remember how long it was.  This appears to be their project.  If any of them will stay and stick out the winter, it will probably be them.  Oliver will probably go live in the beaver lodge, and go full beaver.

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, rmontro said:

I think they did but I don't remember how long it was.  This appears to be their project.  If any of them will stay and stick out the winter, it will probably be them.  Oliver will probably go live in the beaver lodge, and go full beaver.

Probably the only beaver he ever encounters. 😏

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, rmontro said:

According to this online article, Andrew and Jennifer have been living in the area five years:  https://www.thecinemaholic.com/100-days-wild/  

Causes me to give even more side eye to their apparently inability to land a moose or catch more than 5 salmon before the others arrived.  If I were a participant, I think I'd quickly feel like I'd been recruited as slave labor to help them develop their own wilderness camp business, sold to me as the opportunity to appear on a reality show.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

From the article:

"Jennifer and Andrew have devoted their time to searching for like-minded people who can help them in building a self-sustaining colony in the last frontier."

And they picked Oliver???

eta: @rmontro "his underground cabin, which looked like some sort of creepy serial killer place."  Indeed!

Edited by PaperTree
  • Love 1
On 8/30/2020 at 10:18 PM, eyelash said:

According to this online article, Andrew and Jennifer have been living in the area five years:  https://www.thecinemaholic.com/100-days-wild/  

Causes me to give even more side eye to their apparently inability to land a moose or catch more than 5 salmon before the others arrived.  If I were a participant, I think I'd quickly feel like I'd been recruited as slave labor to help them develop their own wilderness camp business, sold to me as the opportunity to appear on a reality show.   

Its very fishy all around. If they've been there five years they are experienced hunters and homesteaders by now. Why are they acting like a couple of camp counselors? And if they have such dire need of salmon, why did they wait so long to start fishing? I get that its a show so they need to ramp up the drama, but to my mind the drama lies entirely in the "building a community" side of things, not the faux drama of "oh noes! Will they be able to bag a moose in two days?" Interpersonal dynamics are always more interesting than that. 

Oliver is an asshole, Jesus Christ. Why did he even do this? He hates people and he hates having to consider anyone who's not named Oliver. Maybe a PA offered him an incentive to ham it up. His whole story stinks to high heaven, like his muddy buckskins. He's lived in a hole in the ground since he was 14? He's easily 40 now.How does he support himself? Does he really live on trapping? (Any "Live Free of Die" fans here? I know some of the folks on that show trapped and sold skins. But Oliver doesn't even seem to have a truck. Or a water source.)

I like Evan, who's young, eager to learn, humble and willing. Roadkill girl seems sweetly naive in some ways but I think she is also very keen. I mean, there are folks who want to live off grid in the wilderness. And everyone has to start somewhere. 

I'm in for now. But Oliver better shape up.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Why did he even do this? He hates people and he hates having to consider anyone who's not named Oliver. Maybe a PA offered him an incentive to ham it up.

It looks like he thought he was going to bring back a bunch of beavers, using his particular set of skills, and be a big hero.  It could have started differently for him, but things didn't go his way.  Of course this is largely his fault because he isn't following the game plan, he's doing his own thing.  I suppose he did it for the money and his fifteen minutes of fame.

• Love 1

Oh, of course, he thought he was going to be the Mighty Hunter and have everyone in awe of his mad hunting skillz. So he overlooked that the original plan was for him and Evan to go out for three days, and by not returning with Evan he causes inconvenience and anxiety to the rest of the community. And he didn't care that there was still ample time to hunt for beaver, but the time to hunt moose was short. Oliver's gotta Oliver seems to be the theme. He's thin skinned as all get out--Evan's attempt at playful banter--"does your gun have a name, like 'Old Bessie'? had me rolling--but Oliver just got his back up and said Evan was "making fun" of him. Evan must have the patience of a saint.

• Love 3

Oliver happens upon a moose that a bear killed and he paints his face with the blood like he's a warrior hunter.  That was the most comical moment of the season so far.  He didn't get any beavers and then he spends time working on his moose hide instead of helping the community with the building project.  I understand he doesn't want it to rot, but he doesn't seem to understand how to work with people.  Not surprising if he's been on his own since he was 14.

Andrew seems to be a little passive aggressive.  Adam seems to get along with everyone, even Oliver.  But it looks like he may be the next to be accused of setting his own priorities.  He's also used to being independent.  

Gerrid and Christine move in together, that was quick.  Even though they say they're just friends.  For now.

I liked how they said the group had modern, traditional, hippie, army, and Daniel Boone.

• Love 2

You know what would have been interesting, considering the biggest story line thus far is how Oliver is a divisive outlier who isn't working with the group's best interests? Some footage of how it came to be that Gerrid and Christine were chosen to move into the first completed shelter.   Did Andrew and Jennifer decide that?  Was there a group discussion?  A vote?  A rock-paper-scissors contest?  Were there any hard feelings on anyone else's part?  Instead of giving us a glimpse into the process by which these decisions are being made (which might help us understand Oliver's viewpoint), the show just glossed right over it with a quick narrative statement that those were the two chosen to move into the first shelter. 

I hope as the season progresses, we get to see Christine do something without giggling the whole time.  I have a terrible feeling she and Gerrid are being set up as a showmance couple who will have a big mid-winter cabin fever divorce.

Look out, Adam!  Andrew is an insecure passive-aggressive, who will find fault no matter what you do.  I hope it stays below freezing consistently enough from here on out that the moose doesn't spoil, or it will all be your fault for building that smokehouse without using those plans he never mentioned.

• Love 4

Oliver needs to audition for Alone if he doesn’t want to be part of a community. What an a-hole. Hooray for the beavers! 👏😆

The cute couple get their own place, eh? 😏

I really like Adam and Evan. Both seem good-natured. Adam has skills, and Evan is willing to learn. 
If Andrew wanted that smoke house built a certain way, me should have left specific instructions with Jennifer for her to pass on.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, eyelash said:

You know what would have been interesting, considering the biggest story line thus far is how Oliver is a divisive outlier who isn't working with the group's best interests? Some footage of how it came to be that Gerrid and Christine were chosen to move into the first completed shelter.

I wondered about that myself.  It would have been interesting to see how that came about.  Did they volunteer for it?  Or did everyone else say "We think you two should shack up"?  And why did they move into the shelter the next morning, when everyone had been complaining about how cold it's been at night?

9 hours ago, eyelash said:

Andrew is an insecure passive-aggressive, who will find fault no matter what you do.  I hope it stays below freezing consistently enough from here on out that the moose doesn't spoil, or it will all be your fault for building that smokehouse without using those plans he never mentioned.

As far as Andrew knew, the smokehouse still didn't even have a roof on it.  Was he planning on throwing that together real quick when he got back to camp?  Was the smokehouse even finished?  It looked like there were no walls on it, but I thought last week there were walls on it?  Is it just my memory that's bad here?  Did they ever even start smoking the moose?  There seemed to be a quick change of gears from worrying about the meat spoiling to just not mentioning it at all.

Also, the narrator said something about now that they're ahead of schedule on food, the top priority becomes shelter.  How are they ahead of schedule on food?  Moose season is now over, and they only have a few fish.

1 hour ago, LittleIggy said:

Oliver needs to audition for Alone if he doesn’t want to be part of a community. 

Oliver has the mentality to be alone, but it doesn't look like he's got the survival skills.   He'd probably starve, unless he could find some road kill to eat.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I too wonder how Gerrid and Christine were the chosen ones for that great new shelter. I too am hoping Christine stops with the constant forced giggling and over the top "good natured-ness". She sure is looking all googly eyed at Gerrid and he's lapping it up. He also seemed to stress that he was looking forward to having her as a "friend". Seems to me like he's making sure to friend-zone her right off the bat.

Oliver. What can I say? It's clear he has zero people skills and isn't meant for communal living and sharing group goals. I'm just glad we didn't have to listen to him sucking down his sinus infection produce this week like we did last week.

I also wonder why the bear and other animals did not touch that giant moose heart. Makes me think I wouldn't want to eat it either. Animals know stuff.

Adam is a real gem. I hope Andrew and Jennifer don't bum him out with their leadership non skills. That was insane Jennifer had something negative to say to Adam when he bagged that grouse about getting used to having less and get used to having just her rice with a bean dish, cause that's the way it's gonna be with the provisions. She looks well fed and like she's not been missing meals. I suspect a hidden KitKat bar stash.

She and Andrew do look as tho they  have planned exactly what they want to extract from the group's individuals. On their own terms.

Best of luck to you Evan (and everyone there) on this endeavour. I have a friend who's son named Evan also, who moved to Alaska years ago and started out helping a friend build hunting cabins. For hunter traveling tourists. He now has his own 20 acres that he just built a huge cabin on for he and his girlfriend and their new adorable son. He's done mighty well for himself up there.  Single men are a huge commodity up there, so choose well if and when you do.

(All the guys in this group actually).

You'll have alot to choose from if you ever get a chance to go to a main town with a bigger population.

All in all, I'm enjoying this show lol.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Hey! Forking auto correct!  I am SICK of your shirt!!

1 hour ago, SassyCat said:

I too am hoping Christine stops with the constant forced giggling and over the top "good natured-ness". She sure is looking all googly eyed at Gerrid and he's lapping it up. He also seemed to stress that he was looking forward to having her as a "friend". Seems to me like he's making sure to friend-zone her right off the bat.

Christine is on the giggly side, but that doesn't bother me.  A lot of the women on the show Alone were on the unusually cheerful side, while most of the men were always complaining about hard things were.  I think part of the explanation is that women are more encouraged to develop pleasing personalities, for a variety of reasons.

If Gerrid is friend-zoning her, what is his aim?  Is it because he just wants her as a friend, or because he wants to get the milk without attachments?  I suspect the latter, although there's always the possibility that these people are too busy trying to survive to have energy left over for other considerations.

1 hour ago, SassyCat said:

I have a friend who's son named Evan also, who moved to Alaska years ago and started out helping a friend build hunting cabins. For hunter traveling tourists. He now has his own 20 acres that he just built a huge cabin on for he and his girlfriend and their new adorable son. He's done mighty well for himself up there.  Single men are a huge commodity up there, so choose well if and when you do.

Why would that be?  Alaska has the highest male to female ration in the US, although it is nowhere near as high as you often hear.  I've often heard people say men outnumber women eight or nine to one in Alaska, but that is nowhere near true.  The ration is a lot closer to 1:1.  But men do outnumber women there, I don't understand why single men would be more in demand there than elsewhere.  Unless there are so many guys out living off the grid on their own, that women never see them.

46 minutes ago, rmontro said:

Christine is on the giggly side, but that doesn't bother me.  A lot of the women on the show Alone were on the unusually cheerful side, while most of the men were always complaining about hard things were.  I think part of the explanation is that women are more encouraged to develop pleasing personalities, for a variety of reasons.

Why would that be?  Alaska has the highest male to female ration in the US, although it is nowhere near as high as you often hear.  I've often heard people say men outnumber women eight or nine to one in Alaska, but that is nowhere near true.  The ration is a lot closer to 1:1.  But men do outnumber women there, I don't understand why single men would be more in demand there than elsewhere.  Unless there are so many guys out living off the grid on their own, that women never see them.

I agree about women being encouraged to have more pleasing personalities. I'll never forget how telling it was when I happened upon a televised high school graduation on a public channel the total difference between the girls and the boys attitudes when being handed their diplomas.

Every single girl was all smiley and thanking the one who handed them out , while every single guy up upon their turn for the hand off, suddenly took on a stoic,  resting dick face , like they deserved and expected this honor and were less inclined to thank the person, and more of an attitude the hander outer, should be feeling the gratitude towards THEM. Except for the noticeable class clowns. They were the only males acting naturally.  Smiling and thanking.

As for male to female ratio in Alaska  I don't know I've never researched the statistics. It may vary for area to area. All I know is the area Evan went to had more available young females and have a yearly bachelor calender made and have a town auction single men can put themselves in while the girls all make bids to win a date. It's a real fun time. Evan was in one of those auctions and the winning bid was made by the girl he is with now, with their new beautiful son.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Oliver needs to audition for Alone if he doesn’t want to be part of a community. What an a-hole. Hooray for the beavers! 👏😆

The cute couple get their own place, eh? 😏

I really like Adam and Evan. Both seem good-natured. Adam has skills, and Evan is willing to learn. 
If Andrew wanted that smoke house built a certain way, me should have left specific instructions with Jennifer for her to pass on.

One thing that stands out for me was that Andrew and Jennifer were all "oh no, this will be a communal paradise, we don't want leaders! People will step up at various times and lead, but that's it!" And now they're getting their backs up because someone dared to take the initiative. They expected to be the wise gurus, but surprise! A group of individuals has arrived. Everyone has something to learn here, including Andrew and Jen. Seems they didn't think that through. 

6 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Everyone has something to learn here, including Andrew and Jen. Seems they didn't think that through. 

I'm a little fuzzy on who owns the land here.  Andrew and Jennifer said they've done this in previous winters, I think?  So do they own it, or were they previously in a different location?  Is it public land?  Is the TV show renting it from someone?  If you want to go live off the grid somewhere who do you have to get permission from, if anyone?  Just wondering how that works.

As for the bunking situation, Adam is married so I couldn’t see him bunking with Christine. He and Evan appear to have become friends, so they seem logical housemates. I’m sure nobody wanted to bunk with Daniel Boone...I mean Oliver. 😏

• Useful 2
18 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

As for the bunking situation, Adam is married so I couldn’t see him bunking with Christine. He and Evan appear to have become friends, so they seem logical housemates. I’m sure nobody wanted to bunk with Daniel Boone...I mean Oliver. 😏

I didn't catch that Adam is married.  Makes you wonder what he's even doing there.  He surely isn't planning on staying the winter?

Oliver will probably sleep outside in the snow.  In his moccasins.

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, rmontro said:

I didn't catch that Adam is married.  Makes you wonder what he's even doing there.  He surely isn't planning on staying the winter?

Oliver will probably sleep outside in the snow.  In his moccasins.

IIRC, Adam said something about wanting to bring his family up there if a community is established. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/5/2020 at 3:05 PM, SassyCat said:

As for male to female ratio in Alaska  I don't know I've never researched the statistics. It may vary for area to area. All I know is the area Evan went to had more available young females and have a yearly bachelor calender made and have a town auction single men can put themselves in while the girls all make bids to win a date. It's a real fun time. Evan was in one of those auctions and the winning bid was made by the girl he is with now, with their new beautiful son.

Wise Alaskan women's motto:  "The odds are good, but the good are odd."

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 9/5/2020 at 3:45 PM, SassyCat said:

Best of luck to you Evan (and everyone there) on this endeavour. I have a friend who's son named Evan also, who moved to Alaska years ago and started out helping a friend build hunting cabins. For hunter traveling tourists. He now has his own 20 acres that he just built a huge cabin on for he and his girlfriend and their new adorable son. He's done mighty well for himself up there.  Single men are a huge commodity up there, so choose well if and when you do.

That is interesting.  Years ago it was the opposite.  If you wanted to find a husband, Alaska was the place to go, because, at least in the 70's there were more men than women there.

Oliver is an interesting character.  He would do better on Alone.  I don't think he's a horrible person,  I think he just doesn't know how to mesh with people, it's like he doesn't have the rule book or instructions and just doesn't get it.  Everyone looks at him like "WTF" but he just doesn't have the tools to deal with others.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

Oliver is an interesting character.  He would do better on Alone.  I don't think he's a horrible person,  I think he just doesn't know how to mesh with people, it's like he doesn't have the rule book or instructions and just doesn't get it.  Everyone looks at him like "WTF" but he just doesn't have the tools to deal with others.  

And human nature being what it is, everyone wants to bash him and make him an outcast rather than help him to understand.  Although if they tried to help him, they'd probably get a lot of pushback.  That's probably an unavoidable part of the process, unfortunately.

Young Evan continues to impress me.  He is Mr. Zen.

King Andrew and Queen Jen are about on my last nerve.  Such whiners!

Oliver was on his best behavior cutting fish.  Then Queen Jen shows up.

"All of you do everything WRONG!!!"

Gerrid, Christine and Oliver just eye roll with it.

Adam is bad-ass!  Surviving that canoe flip was amazing.  Saves the boat and engine too!

Umm Andrew, if these people could read minds, they would probably be in Vegas winning poker tournaments.  Sorry Adam didn't build your smoker to your non-existent specifications.

• Love 4

I’m on Team Oliver now. Seems as if Gerrid, Christine, Evan, and Adam are, too. Andrew and Jennifer are such jerks. If you want someone to do something a certain way, tell him/her before hand, you 💩heads. And why does every f**king person have to be on fish duty if shelter is so important? Why didn’t the royal couple start putting out their nets earlier if “zombie fish” are known to show up late in the season? 
I was right in my recollection about Adam being married with a family. He’s awesome. I wish he would tell off Andrew about that smoking shed.

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 4

What a couple of dour downers Andrew and Jennifer are.

Speaking of mind reading, they seem to both be champions at that type of passive aggressiveness.

I feel sorry for Oliver. He just seems like the kind of person that never fit in, anywhere, but wants to. He's been a loner so long that he doesn't have the skills other than walking away at first sign of rejection to protect himself from any more emotional pain. He wants so bad to find a nitch with the social world. I'm hoping he does with this group.

Won't happen tho if Jen and Andrew keep up their disapproval , nitpicking, and cold shoulder attitudes with adults who have differing ideas, and a brain of their own.

I didn't know when this show started that there was going  be "people in charge" of the others. I thought it was going to basically be a group of like minded survivalists. Not slaves sent to the Jen and Andrew needs food etc before winter, club. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Why didn’t the royal couple start putting out their nets earlier if “zombie fish” are known to show up late in the season? 

Yeah, I mean they had one job, get the fish.  Now they've fallen short on that.  There's been talk about getting a bear.  Was that in the original plan, or is it to make up for having less fish?  No way do I see this whole bunch sticking out the winter there.  Most of them probably leave when the cameras do.

2 hours ago, SassyCat said:

What a couple of dour downers Andrew and Jennifer are.

Speaking of mind reading, they seem to both be champions at that type of passive aggressiveness.

Passive aggressive is a good way to put it.  They seem like a snobby hippie couple.  Funny how they've taken over the central villain role from Oliver.  The episode description for next week seems to indicate more friction between Andrew and Jennifer, and Oliver.  Wonder who comes out on top?  I wasn't expecting this much drama in this show, but maybe I should have.

Adam's shipwreck looked pretty serious, but we saw most of that in the first episode clip show.  A shame he lost those two fish and bag of roe.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, PaperTree said:

TPTB show a bear on the food supply graphic along with a moose and 300 fish to make 100% of the required food stock.

I have doubts that would be enough.

It's part of the plan then.  So even if they get a bear they're short of food.  I can't help but wonder if they've brought along some bags of rice or something.  And don't these people ever eat fruits or vegetables?  Living on fish and meat all winter doesn't sound real healthy.

11 hours ago, rmontro said:

It's part of the plan then.  So even if they get a bear they're short of food.  I can't help but wonder if they've brought along some bags of rice or something.  And don't these people ever eat fruits or vegetables?  Living on fish and meat all winter doesn't sound real healthy.

They show them eating rice. I’m sure they brought a supply of canned goods and non-perishables. Not to would be stupid. Oh, wait this is Andrew and Jennifer we’re talking about...😏
The Inuit and other indigenous Arctic people traditionally lived on fish and meat all winter. They knew what they were doing though.

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1