Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: BluBallz

paulvdb

Probably some other stuff happened in this episode, but as far as I’m concerned, the ep was about 4 minutes long and the greatest episode ever.  So glad that they finally got together.  The passion!  All of S5 is worth it for that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

The whole four men and a baby was a scream. Have you tried whisky? 

This season is bringing some great bonkers moments. It's a slow where you can do that. I'm wondering if TBTBs figured, 'fuck it, we got a second life so let's just let it rip.' I think it's fantastic. 

Rachel Harris is completely stealing all her scenes. 

Lucifer slept with a lot of women. TONS. And MEN. 

And the devil face calms the baby. Of course. 

There is bubble wrap on the ceiling fan still. 

Oh shit Dan. 

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 11

Ah, so Lucifer already gets to deal with jealously once again and this time it's over the old flame of Chloe's.  A tale as old as time!  Was so thrown off of his game that he even got himself manipulated by the guy to almost self sabotage himself.  At least he was able to be honest with her at the end.  And... well, it clearly seems like their relationship will be going to the next level!

While making the male characters dealing with an unruly baby is certainly a plot that has been done numerous times throughout television and film, it was fun watching Lucifer, Dan, and Amenadiel (oh, and Jed) trying to get a handle on everything.  The actors seem to be all having a blast and had great comedic timing.

Meanwhile, we got another "Girls Night Out" plot with the main women characters, which was equally fun as well.  Maze trying to learn about to be more emotionally available through watching Ella went about as well as expected, and Chloe bringing up that Linda had slept with Lucifer before was an unexpected bit.

Ella finally is decided to give a "nice, normal guy" a try.  Hopefully it will workout, but I'm automatically suspicious, because he is played by Alexander Koch, who I will always remember as "Junior" from Under the Dome.  And Junior was the worst!

Michael tricking Dan into seeing Lucifer's devil face is certainly a big development.  That was probably why there had been so many moments between Dan and Lucifer, and seeing them actually warm up to one another.  I can only imagine how this will play out, since I doubt Dan is actually going to tell anyone what we saw, so that they can just loop him in.

• Love 4

FINALLY!!!!

I could watch the last scene over & over.  I knew it was Lucifer & not Michael in the trailer.  

Interesting that Chloe & Linda talked abt Lucifer’s privates in direct detail.  LOL. But also realistic, I mean that’s what we women talk abt sometimes, right?  Tho I did not care for Chloe’s telling Jed that she wasn’t in a relationship right in front of Lucifer!

I’m worried abt how Dan is going to take his ‘accidentally’ (u Dick Michael) seeing Lucifer’s Devil face.  Especially in regards to Trixie.   I can see him confronting Chloe and telling her he doesn’t want Trixie around Lucifer (and Maze).  Which could put another wrinkle in the Deckerstar romance.

Or not, if Dan is the rumored casualty this Season.  I hope not, because even last season, I liked his character.  He’s smart, complex, funny, got a rocking bod, is a great father and a good ex.

• Love 6

My biggest gripe with this otherwise great episode was Linda calling Lucifer "unfathomably narcissistic" or something along those lines. Self-absorbed, sure, but narcissistic? She does know that Lucifer spent thousands of years in Hell partly for her and Charlie, right? Also that he genuinely hated himself until very recently? Just seemed like a weirdly ungrateful and unfair thing to say, even while drunk.

• Love 13
15 hours ago, roamyn said:

FINALLY!!!!

I could watch the last scene over & over.  I knew it was Lucifer & not Michael in the trailer.  

I think I have watched that last scene over and over.  Chloe and Lucifer have been damned near Victorian novel-level repressed around each other forever with those gentle little stolen kisses and hand holdings and whatever over 4.5 seasons.  So it was so great  that they finally could just unleash passion for one another.

Ugh, it was so romantic the way they were going to adjourn for the night and then they just couldn’t physically stay apart for one second longer and then crashed together as the music crescendoed.

I also liked how at the beginning when they arrived to the crime scene together, they brushed fingers together as they were walking over to Ella and shared that affectionate look.  They’re so cute.

Edited by Peace 47
  • Love 7

Michael you absolute dick. I have no idea what will happen with Dan now, but I hope he can get looped in and will listen when everyone explains. I am really worried that after they spent so much of the season having Lucifer and Dan bond, and Dan talking about how he feels like he can never make up for his mistakes, that this is going to end badly for him, and I really dont want things to end badly for him. 

I might not be the biggest fan of Chloe and Lucifer as a couple (and generally find people constantly talking Chloe up as so amazing to be a bit much) but that last scene between them was seriously sizzling, they finally found some real chemistry! Glad that we are finally getting them getting together for real! 

The four men and a baby plots can often be cliche, but this one was a lot of fun, especially because it wasn't really played as "men cant do baby stuff!" and I always like seeing different characters interact. Especially baby Charlie loving Lucifer's devil face. 

Ella's new guy seems nice, but I am worried, he almost seems too nice you know?

• Love 6

re Dan - if anything, that can tell him for a definite fact that Charlotte is in the Silver City, and I'd go so far to say that Dan had a hand in turning her life around to lead her there. That can alleviate some of his guilt. 

• Love 7

The last four minutes!!! I don't think I've ever been this excited for a fictional couple to bone. 

I also cracked up at the guys with the baby. Especially Dan with all the stuffed animals all over him. And I enjoyed the girls night out ending with Linda passing out during the arrest. I haven't watched the last two episodes yet (will probably finish tonight) but this one was my favorite so far!

On 8/22/2020 at 10:23 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Meanwhile, we got another "Girls Night Out" plot with the main women characters, which was equally fun as well.  Maze trying to learn about to be more emotionally available through watching Ella went about as well as expected, and Chloe bringing up that Linda had slept with Lucifer before was an unexpected bit.

After she brought that up, I remembered that Linda slept with both Lucifer and Amanadiel. And Amanadiel slept with Maze. And Ella and Dan have also slept together. 

• Love 8
On 8/25/2020 at 8:51 AM, MaggieG said:

After she brought that up, I remembered that Linda slept with both Lucifer and Amanadiel. And Amanadiel slept with Maze. And Ella and Dan have also slept together. 

And, of course, Maze slept with Lucifer for years.

So, after not seeing Lucifer's devil face at all this season until this episode, they decide to blow a part of their CGI budget on it here so Lucifer can quiet his nephew? 😅 (That did set up the Michael-instigated reveal to Dan.) There is definitely more money in the pot now that the show's on Netflix! I'm certainly not complaining; it gave me the biggest laugh of the season so far.

I'm so glad the writers finally got these two together. 🥰

I can't wait to see where Dan's story goes next, now that he's seen the real Lucifer.

Edited by ProudMary
  • Love 2

The first four episodes were pretty meh, but these last two have gotten me into the show again.

I laughed at Lucifer referring to Jed as DJ Dingus and DJ Dickwad... add those to Detective Douche, and his alliteration game is strong when it comes to nicknaming the Detective's exes.

Seemed like bad writing, though, when Jed asked Chloe if she was still with Dan in their first scene, and then five minutes later Dan is telling Lucifer that Jed tried to get back with Chloe after their split.

I didn't like the set up of the Dan-sees-Lucifer's-devil-face scene. He's yards away and looking through a window. I don't care how scary and realistic that face is-- from that distance, and without seeing the transformation, why wouldn't Dan assume it was a mask? Especially when he thinks Lucifer just called him to tell him to come back-- why wouldn't he be thinking "this is a stupid prank"? I would have much rather seen Dan go charging back in there, yelling at them for scaring the baby... and then see Lucifer transform back in front of him. Of course, then Lucifer would know he knows, but I really hope they're not going to draw out that particular secret anyway. The Netflix episodes have been good at keeping things moving along, so fingers crossed, but I found that whole scene weird. Even if they want Dan to have to stew on this on his own for awhile, have him be a little closer and see the actual transformation!

Especially Dan with all the stuffed animals all over him.

That was hilarious. I've really been enjoying Dan this season, which is surprising.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Finally!!! 

"You want my advice?" "Sadly, yes." ha. I figured they would bring Michael back, but I was tired of him, by the end of episode one. 

Now we're probably going to have to deal with Dan trying to warn Chloe. Just as he was finally getting along with Lucifer. 

• Love 2
On 8/23/2020 at 9:59 AM, roamyn said:

I’m worried abt how Dan is going to take his ‘accidentally’ (u Dick Michael) seeing Lucifer’s Devil face.  Especially in regards to Trixie.   I can see him confronting Chloe and telling her he doesn’t want Trixie around Lucifer (and Maze).  Which could put another wrinkle in the Deckerstar romance.

Or not, if Dan is the rumored casualty this Season.

I definitely wonder about that (Dan casualty possibility) because he keeps talking about how much he's messed up and people don't know just how much (except Maze, of course, who was part of one of his big incidents). I fear for him because he's clearly feeling such guilt, and if he's feeling that, he'll get stuck in hell because he can't let go of it. I hope Amenadiel was able to get through to him enough, that he's a good man, but... I don't know. And now that he's seen Lucifer's face... YIKES! I've got 2 more episodes to watch and I have no idea what they've got planned for anybody. All part of the fun! 😉 

My biggest gripe with this otherwise great episode was Linda calling Lucifer "unfathomably narcissistic" or something along those lines. Self-absorbed, sure, but narcissistic? She does know that Lucifer spent thousands of years in Hell partly for her and Charlie, right? Also that he genuinely hated himself until very recently? Just seemed like a weirdly ungrateful and unfair thing to say, even while drunk.

I know she was drunk, but it bothered me as well to hear Linda say that. Mainly because she of all people knows how much he's changed since he first started working with her. He may still be self-absorbed sometimes (oftentimes, LOL), but he's learning and changing in important ways, too.

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 2

On 8/26/2020 at 10:16 PM, ProudMary said:

And, of course, Maze slept with Lucifer for years.

And it seemed pretty clear he had a relationship with Lilith too. And Eve. Both of whom were married to Adam and the latter of whom was crushed on by Lilith's daughter Maze. And Chloe nearly married Adam and Eve's son. And don't forget Dan and Charlotte/Mum. I think that covers it. So far.