Type keyword(s) to search

The Owl House - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Not sure if my post was delted or if it just fell victim to the maintenance. Couldn't think of a reason since there were no spoilers in it and I only talked about the last episode. So I'm assuming the first. To recap:

It makes perfect sense that King is a titan. Should have really seen it coming, but didn't, I have to confess.

At least they have an unlimited supply of titan blood now. :)

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Zonk said:

It makes perfect sense that King is a titan. Should have really seen it coming, but didn't, I have to confess.

Same.  I have to rewatch that episode where they go back to where Eda found King.  Thankfully it's available on D+.  I guess only some grow to full titan size since all of the skulls were closer to human proportion.  Sadly it sounds like King is the last titan.  I feel bad for him especially after he though he found a family only for them to want him dead. 

Also more info on The Collector.  So they captured/turn the Owl Beast into a scroll, had a group killing titans and somehow wound up getting trapped under one.  

(edited)
9 hours ago, Zonk said:

Not sure if my post was delted or if it just fell victim to the maintenance. Couldn't think of a reason since there were no spoilers in it and I only talked about the last episode. So I'm assuming the first. To recap:

Weird.  I read your original one 

Edited by Aliconehead

I find it funny how both Amphibia and Owl House ended their second season with main characters on a one way trip back to Earth.  

Man that was a big episode.  King saving the day was both amazing and tragic.  Loved seeing the other coven heads finally realizing they screwed themselves over with the day of unity.  Not at all surprised to see Phillip breaking his promise to the Collector.  Loved how his plan was to essentially nope out to Earth, not giving the Collector time to even try some payback.  Looked like some of Phillip dripped onto Hunter so it'll be fun to see what little Phillip thinks of modern Earth.  I have to imagine that Luz was willing to stay behind because she knew her friends would have a safe place with her mom.  

For next "season" I hope we get to see Gus enjoying his time in the human realm, especially seeing giraffes.  I also hope Luz and her mom actually talk things out.  Like they have a good relationship but sending Luz to that summer camp really hurt.

Sad that next "season" is only 3 specials but they supposedly being in October so not a long wait.  

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Matt K said:

Sad that next "season" is only 3 specials but they supposedly being in October so not a long wait.  

I have full confidence that they'll have enough time to wrap up the story. But the problem is I want more and it's not fair.

I liked that the portal door was completely unconnected to the draining spell. Phillip just wanted to cut and run when everyone died.

• Love 2
On 6/6/2022 at 4:33 AM, Matt K said:

I find it funny how both Amphibia and Owl House ended their second season with main characters on a one way trip back to Earth.  

I thought the same thing. There was even a little Amphibia easter egg. I wish there was more episodes planned for next season.  I feel like there is more to explore. 

• Like 1

Has there been any news on the Season 3 release date?  When I search for the release date it all I get are hits on super sketchy looking, probably (lousy) AI-generated trash sites.  I did see one claim of March 11, 2023 but don't trust it much given the hinky source.

9 hours ago, QuantumMechanic said:

Has there been any news on the Season 3 release date?  When I search for the release date it all I get are hits on super sketchy looking, probably (lousy) AI-generated trash sites.  I did see one claim of March 11, 2023 but don't trust it much given the hinky source.

Insiders said the final episodes will air in October but no official confirmation yet.

• Useful 1

So this is the same world as Amphibia? Well that's a cool easter egg and I guess means the boiling isles are "just" part of the multiverse that was established in Amphibia.

Other than that this episode was a bit meh. We had to get them back to the boiling isles and fast, I guess. I asumme had the show not been cancelled prematurely, because the new Disney CEO is a homophobe, we would have gotten a season in the human realm, like Amphibia did and fleshed out the summer adventures. Sad to have lost that.

15 minutes ago, PurpleTentacle said:

we would have gotten a season in the human realm, like Amphibia did and fleshed out the summer adventures. Sad to have lost that.

I think a whole season in the human realm would have been quite "meh" and a big waste of time.  But one or two episodes covering some of the stuff we saw in the scrapbook and opening montage would have been nice and then the 3rd and 4th episodes could have been what we just saw.

Edited by QuantumMechanic
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, PurpleTentacle said:

Amphibia's season on earth was great. There is a lot you can do. I think it would have at least taken a half season.

I agree.  I thought it was a lot of fun.  I wish they had more time to explore the human world with the kids.  Honestly, Disney has done the animated series dirty.  I feel like Gravity Falls, Amphibia and Owl House had more to say and do. Plus these series were intelligent, fun, interesting and not annoying.  Yet Big City Greens runs constantly and is just horrible in my opinion. 

• Love 3

While I agree that spending half a season on Earth would've felt like a retread of the first half of Amphibia's third season, I just love the story and characters so much that it would've done something different and I wanted to watch more of their antics. Instead we got glimpses of adventures through montages and pictures. I wanted to see more of the beach day, more of Lumity and Hunter/Willow bonding, and them reacting to Hocus Pocus. It's downright criminal that this episode is all we got, and there's only two more hour "specials" left.

I was at the panel at NYCC and we got to see the first six minutes. It was nice to watch the episode without hearing a few hundred people screaming at the top of their lungs, like when Luz came out as bi to her mom. Camila really is mom of the year, isn't she? She was willing to find a way to get the kids blood (apple or otherwise), and had books about raising nonbinary and LGBTQ children. Can't wait to see her in the Boiling Isles.

17 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I don't think Luz took her Palisman with her, but she probably did.

She'll just happen to have that egg on her in the Boiling Isles. And with all the symbolism in this episode, that palisman is gonna be a snake, isn't it?

The reveal of the death of Luz's dad being incredibly recent just hit me like a truck, as was the reason why Luz loves the Azura books.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

The Owl House Season 3 Special 2    Saturday, Jan. 21, 2023   Disney    9 pm  runtime roughly 44 minutes

Luz and her friends race against Belos to confront the Collector and save the Boiling Isles.

I am both excited and sad.  Excited to see what happens and sad that it will be ending soon.  Still so disappointed that Disney cancelled this show. 

• Applause 2

We finally got to see Luz's palisman!

Spoiler

It's a snake that's a shape-shifter named Stringbean and she's amazing.

On 10/16/2022 at 7:41 PM, Galileo908 said:

She'll just happen to have that egg on her in the Boiling Isles. And with all the symbolism in this episode, that palisman is gonna be a snake, isn't it?

Spoiler

called it. Kinda.

On 10/16/2022 at 7:41 PM, Galileo908 said:

Camila really is mom of the year, isn't she?

For the Future really cemented it. And a potential second mom to King. I want her to meet Eda and the BI crew so bad! It's gonna be great.

• Like 1

Man, that was just... I mean... Wow.

I really liked that whole montage before the beginning as it was saying "thank you" to us.

Interesting how Titan magic negates Collector's magic. Seeing the trio back together again was really heartwarming.

I felt sad for the Collector. Behind all those godlike powers of his, he really is still just a kid who didn't want to be alone. Luz was on the right track of teaching him about kindness and forgiveness. Too bad he picked the wrong time to try that lesson out at the worst possible time.

Seeing what happened to Luz... I was just in complete denial, thinking that there had to be a way she could come back from that, and then was like, "No! Not again! First Anne, and now Luz!". While seeing Eda and King go into rage mode was bad-ass, it was also very emotional.

But then she finally got to meet King's dad. And he's been watching over them all this whole time, even showing Luz the glyphs. And then she came back in her own superform. Luz the Titan-witch!

That final battle was so epic! The music, the animations, the "Now eat this, sucka!", all of it. I’m glad Collector became an ally and was even forgiven in the end after helping the Hexsquad. And even when Belos tried one last time to manipulate Luz, she just wasn't having it. And then he got exactly what was coming to him. Stomped out to oblivion by Eda, King and Raine. Goodbye and good riddance you evil lying parasite!

The ending was so good. I'm very much satisfied. And Luz's timeskip too... I just loved seeing everyone grown up, living better lives and that Luz never had to make a choice between two worlds. Eda even has a hook for a hand now. It may not be an abomi-hand made by Alador, but it still fits her.

Luz's King-ceanera was really special. I like how they all did it for Luz. And the best part was how everyone got together for one last moment to say "BYE!"

• Like 1

This was great. Where Steven Universe couldn't pull it together, when they were cancelled and only had a season left, the Owl House knocked it out of the park with their three specials. To be fair, I think they had more time to write these, but still.

In general it isn't that often that these kinds of shows have a good ending. Just thinking about that horrible ending of Amphibia. It would have been easy to go in the same direction, Luz being cut off from her found family forever. But I appreciate that these writers are better than that and don't think they need to be edgy and "realistic".

There is still a bit of unanswered things with the archevists, that I assume we might have gotten to, if this show had run a few more seasons, but that's okay. Still I'm wondering how they made the titans "go away". Was that just another instance of the collector not understanding what death means or did they imprison the titans somewhere? Where are the archevists now? Just beyond the stars somewhere? Will they come back some day?

This ending made me feel happy and not a lot of movies or shows do that these days. So thank you, owl house writers.

Agreed with all of this. It was a satisfying end to the story, and it left us wanting more. In story potential for teases of the future (not unlike what Amphibia did), and story teases that the show didn't have time for because they got kneecapped by Disney and they made the best with three hours and change.

All the pictures we saw over the three specials could have been their own episodes. Eda and King meeting Camila could've been an episode. Luz and Amity having their slice of life date could've been an episode. The Collector playing games with the Owl House gang could've been a whole episode. Stringbean could've had a whole episode to herself. The beginning with the cast being manipulated by the Collector could've been an episode. Hell, we barely got the Collector's backstory. And was Evelyn the original Clawthorne? We'll never know.

While I loved the ending and epilogue, it was more or less completely silent. Hell, Hooty gets what, two lines in the entire third season?

• Like 2