Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E15: Sex, Lies and Text Messages

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Welp. Tom’s facade slipped. “Are you going to take care of my buddy”. Not wife. Not love. Buddy. Thanks Tom for confirming what we already knew. 

I thought Tom was talking about Tiago, the dog. Not Erika. Erika was seen at the end of that segment walking out with the dog on the leash.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Wow, Tom Girardi aged about 10 years in one year 😢

If they don’t show all the times Kyle said Brandi was a liar during the reunion, I am out.

These producers and show runners all need to be fired. My non scientific examination of Twitter: at least 95% of the Tweets are bashing the “mean girls”.

When I’m bored and stuck inside and only watched the whole episode because of this forum... that is so, so bad.

• Love 16
21 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

Erika will be 50 next year, which means she went to New York/New Jersey in the late '80s since she said she left Atlanta at 18. It's possible New Jersey still had gogo bars over 30 years ago.

I have a friend in Jersey City and we have driven by that place. Oddly enough the actress Adrienne Barbeau  got her start at fame dancing there. From what he said I don’t think the girls were fully covered. (I think he said something along the lines of booby bar). Sorry I’m so late to the party if this doesn’t fit into the current discussion. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I have a friend in Jersey City and we have driven by that place. Oddly enough the actress Adrienne Barbeau  got her start at fame dancing there. From what he said I don’t think the girls were fully covered.

Maybe Erika “danced” in more than one bar.  Jersey City is not exactly just across the street from Newark Airport, unless you consider the ten-lane Turnpike a street.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, sheshark said:

Maybe Erika “danced” in more than one bar.  Jersey City is not exactly just across the street from Newark Airport, unless you consider the ten-lane Turnpike a street.

It wasn’t in JC. I think the one he pointed out was in Hoboken. 

• Love 1

My favorite part of the episode was seeing that Garcelle likes the same salad (kale, broccoli, cabbage, with sunflower seeds, dried cranberries and poppy seed dressing) that I do.  Although she seemed to have a normal sized package, and I get mine from Costco.

And I agree; Brandi sucks and should not be on my Tee Vee!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
6 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I agree with everything.  I was shocked when I heard Erika was chosen for Cabaret.  I felt like it cheapened Broadway which I frequent.  Since then, which she didn’t finish because of the epidemic, she looks different with much more makeup, and a fuck face on with her nose up in the air.  Her hair is always just so, and her clothing and demeanor has changed.  Guess she thinks she’s a star now.  She acts like she’s Bette Midler.  Btw, Denise is the Star of the show, and who cares what she did.  Rinna needs a burger.  Her lips are bigger than her body.

I feel like everyone has done Chicago at this point.  Didn’t Wendy Williams and NeNe?

I said it before and I’ll keep saying it, Brandi is almost there:

image.jpeg.b4337e68005c145df69ab61b777caffb.jpeg

• LOL 16
  • Love 5

Must go’s for me are Kyle, Rinna and Erika and Teddi. I wouldn’t miss Dorit either but she had a good season at least.  No more Brandi, Kim or Camille on the side either. 
I’m ready for this season to be over. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Love 17
7 hours ago, nexxie said:

That scene with Amelia and Rinna! Poor kid recited the only answer she knew her mother would accept - the answer Rinna rewarded her for with “You’re so smart!” x three, and that allowed Rinna to feel like a great mother. Someday, one or both of those girls will require her to own it, and it won’t be pretty.

I still remember the scene where Harry was making a barbecue in the back yard.  He looked happy, until the both girls ate NOTHING.  Lisa too.  He looked like he would cry.  The nice family dinner that he made went kerput.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
On 8/19/2020 at 9:54 PM, Straycat80 said:

Those texts were damning, apparently Denise and Brandi have/had a friendship but that still doesn’t give Brandi license to tell everyone things got sexual. This is all a ploy to try to get herself back in the show. 

I agree partly. But....were the texts *really* sexual proof??  I don't know.  And now these women are turning it into something it's not. It began as "she's a hypocrite for mom shaming us." To "she mom shamed us while she had an extramarital affair WITH A (gasp!) WOMAN! (Who claims the kids were at home & down the hall." NOW, It's "well ok...even if it wasn't sexual, she *was* CLOSE FRIENDS with Brandi and lied to us about it! What else might she be lying about?!" 

It's a friggin witch hunt at this point. So boring. Brandi needs off my screen and never return.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

I don’t know why they are trying to make me care whether Denise had sex with Brandi. I just don’t and have lost interest in this because that’s taken up the bulk of the last five episodes. I would have given up were it not for this group. Same goes for NYC. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

Ugh, I was wrong. I actually *can* dislike Rinna, Kyle, et al even more. That gathering around the table, sending Teddi's actual friends away, was soooo fake. I'm so sick of Kyle's 'shocked' face, Brandi hanging her head because she's so 'distressed', Rinna saying 'well we're all now involved' like this is something so major rather than something that they concocted and made a big deal.

And, I'm sorry, maybe if Aaron said he'd 'kill' Denise for cheating, maybe don't go blabbing it on national TV? None of them seem very concerned even though they've been on social media about the 'I'll crush your hand' comment. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 16

As much as Dorit's swanning irritates me, she did start off with the correct Italian pronunciation of Capri. She changed to the American/British version when she realized she sounded pompous in comparison with the way the hyenas were pronouncing it. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
On 8/19/2020 at 8:19 PM, tranquilidade said:

I think Rinna has an obsession with being skinny and this IMO had to be a negative influence on a person living with her who had any tendency to the disorder.  People I know with children who recovered are very careful not to comment on eating or weight to avoid triggering a relapse even years after proper weight and eating is achieved.  Knowing her daughter suffers with this life threatening problem makes Rinna's behavior reckless and despicable. 

Anorexia is complicated. I have been through several rounds of it, with the last round nearly shutting my kidneys down. Comments on eating and weight can be a problem, even if they are made with the kindest of intentions. We will store those comments away for our brains to use in the future and it's almost like we can't control it or predict when a comment will rise up to the surface. I once had a friend who knew me when I was anorexic and then saw me months later when I was recovered--her comment to me was "Wow! You look more.........fuller." She meant no harm, but it did trigger me weeks later. I never told her because she didn't mean to make me feel bad, but my brain took it and ran. 

That said, it seems clear to me that Rinna cares deeply about her daughter and would never intentionally hurt her. Rinna is very thin, but she does not appear unhealthy to me. It is true that daughters can/will pick up on their mothers' patterns, but I believe Amelia when she said the dancing videos were not a problem. It is likely more complicated than that. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Stupid autocorrect was wrong, again.
  • Useful 3
  • Love 11
33 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Anorexia is complicated. I have been through several rounds of it, with the last round nearly shutting my kidneys down. Comments on eating and weight can be a problem, even if they are made with the kindest of intentions. We will store those comments away for our brains to use in the future and it's almost like we can't control it or predict when a comment will rise up to the surface. I once had a friend who knew me when I was anorexic and then saw me months later when I was recovered--her comment to me was "Wow! You look more.........fuller." She meant no harm, but it did trigger me weeks later. I never told her because she didn't mean to make me feel bad, but my brain took it and ran...

First of all, big hugs from Europe ❤️

I have one question for you, if you want to answer, of course ! For my part, I would have told you : "OMG ! You look so beautiful and healthy ! I'm so happy ! Do you have time for a drink ?" Would that have been "better" or not ? (because it's what I said when I saw a longtime no seen friend, recovering, and I really hope it hadn't been a kid of "trigger" for her !)

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I still remember the scene where Harry was making a barbecue in the back yard.  He looked happy, until the both girls ate NOTHING.  Lisa too.  He looked like he would cry.  The nice family dinner that he made went kerput.

In an early season of Lisa’s time on the show, she  was in the kitchen with her daughters preparing pasta. She told them to only eat a few pieces, if I remember correctly.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

That said, it seems clear to me that Rinna cares deeply about her daughter and would never intentionally hurt her. Rinna is very thin, but she does not appear unhealthy to me. It is true that daughters can/will pick up on their mothers' patterns, but I believe Amelia when she said the dancing videos were not a problem. It is likely more complicated than that. 

Thank you for sharing. 🙂

I have a question if you don't mind going further- how do you interpret the comments Rinna made about ounces and such on twitter a few posts back that, to me, with little knowledge, seemed frantic. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

In an episode that contained many disturbing things (Brandi’s face, Kim, Dorit’s affected pronunciation of Capri, a Rinna spawn appearance), the thing that was most disturbing is the continued presence of that pink neon light monstrosity in Kyle’s entry way. What. The. F*&k. 

😂😂Believe it or not, the “art” sells for tens of thousands of dollars. I only know that and recognize it because the magazine Architectural Digest has done articles on all of the Kardashian/Jenner women. Several of them have these horrendous “pieces of art” in their homes and the price was mentioned in one of the articles. I guess Kyle is copying them. She suffers from conspicuous consumption and flaunting of wealth as much as they do.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
56 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:
On 8/19/2020 at 7:21 PM, WaltersHair said:

I'm not addressing the over-cooked stupidity of the Brandi plot.

I'm happy to pick up that thorny baton.

If I see one more ham-fisted piece of dialogue that "Brandi's in the neighborhood," "Brandi's in the driveway," or "Brandi's in the broom closet," I'm going to suggest Bravo start airing this show on the Disney channel, because that's where children who believe in fairy stories go to watch their TV.

Sooooo funny😂😂😂😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
59 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

This season had nothing going for it, and somehow three-quarters of the way in, before the Big Trip Abroad, Brandi ends up at Kyle's house of all places. She's meekly sitting in the driveway, hands in lap, awaiting a personalized invite on pink, bubblegum-scented stationery. This, the same woman who held greasy pizza in one hand and tossed Kyle down a small landing with the other. Who, totally unprompted, tossed wine in Eileen's face. Who slapped LVP and laughed it off until someone had to explain to her that assault was not a cute, funny thing. Who called Kim a crystal meth addict. Who told Kyle her husband didn't want her and never missed an opportunity to take anyone's bait to paint Mo as a philanderer. Who asserted that Kim's own sister relished Kim's status as an addict and never wanted to see her get better. Who took glee in calling a woman of color the wrong name and making racially charged comments at her in public. Who, with zero compunction, asserted on camera that Adrienne didn't really own the Palms and, oh, just for good measure, used a surrogate to have her kids and gave no cares to the fact that her kids didn't know that.

Your memory is astonishing! This paragraph is absolute perfection

• Love 16
42 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Why is Rinna still hustling? Why is she desperate to stay on this show? She and Harry were on various TV shows for many years. That pays well, at least the upper six figures, no? Did they p- - - it away?

Obviously, I have no idea, but Rinna seems cheap to me. 

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Why is Rinna still hustling? Why is she desperate to stay on this show? She and Harry were on various TV shows for many years. That pays well, at least the upper six figures, no? Did they p- - - it away?

When you spend $5,700 a month on a crappy little 900 sq foot apartment for your damaged teenaged daughter who really has no business being left unsupervised right now, I think it is safe to say the Rinna likely isnt making the best life decisions for her, her kids, or her money...

7 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Anorexia is complicated. I have been through several rounds of it, with the last round nearly shutting my kidneys down. Comments on eating and weight can be a problem, even if they are made with the kindest of intentions. We will store those comments away for our brains to use in the future and it's almost like we can't control it or predict when a comment will rise up to the surface. I once had a friend who knew me when I was anorexic and then saw me months later when I was recovered--her comment to me was "Wow! You look more.........fuller." She meant no harm, but it did trigger me weeks later. I never told her because she didn't mean to make me feel bad, but my brain took it and ran. 

I experienced that too. I got grossly skinny and actually knew I needed to gain weight, but I hated hearing that I gained weight. 

That's also what I was trying to say about Rinna. Does she appear fat phobic? Yes, honestly. I'm not denying that. But she does seem to love her kids and not intentionally hurt them, unlike a lot of other parents out there. It's true that Rinna is full of energy and toned too. So while I don't doubt she's strict about what she puts into her body and working out, I don't necessarily think she's got eating issues to the point it's dangerous for her. It sounds like she's aware of her attitude toward the body and eating and has thought about whether or not it's affected Amelia. 

3 hours ago, Mar said:

Your memory is astonishing! This paragraph is absolute perfection

It really was @thesupremediva1

6 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

First of all, big hugs from Europe ❤️

I have one question for you, if you want to answer, of course ! For my part, I would have told you : "OMG ! You look so beautiful and healthy ! I'm so happy ! Do you have time for a drink ?" Would that have been "better" or not ? (because it's what I said when I saw a longtime no seen friend, recovering, and I really hope it hadn't been a kid of "trigger" for her !)

You sound like a sweet, thoughtful friend. I love that you asked this. If you don't mind my chiming in, I'll be honest though, that "healthy" can sound like "chunky" to someone dealing with an eating disorder. I know it's meant to be a compliment, and even those of us who've had eating disorders can use terms in a complimentary way that can offend someone else. I now wish I were curvier in some places. Some people love the word curvy, but some associate it with fat. Hell, some people are offended by skinny. If I know someone has an eating disorder or is sensitive about their body, I try not to comment at all. The most I do is, if I have a friend who's worked hard to lose a ton of weight is say "Wow you look great! I'm proud of you." I try not to ever comment when I notice mild weight fluctuations or someone makes a point not to talk about their body. I am skinny but have been healthy for years now and maintain a healthy weight. I had so many problems I never wanted to go through that hell again. But if there are people who comment a lot about other people's bodies, diets, who's fat, who's gained weight, I know at some point I can be triggered. I make a point not to be around those people, whether they're thin or not.  

4 hours ago, Mar said:

Such a classy role model

62BFD363-0469-4823-A99C-AD6836379CDC.thumb.jpeg.b5d0e5db2cb4164c9cacdc4633beb6f3.jpeg

Just as classy as Erika's c***t necklace. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

I guess that hug and make up session between Denise and Rinna didn’t last too long. What is the fuck you for again? 

You can still negatively affect your kids even if it’s not you’re intention, but the fact Rinna’s daughters have grown up self absorbed twats, she’s largely responsible. I would be embarrassed to have such insufferable ingrate for kids. She sure hasn’t done them any favors and thinks it’s funny. 
Harry needs to step up and be a parent instead of running off and burying his head in his rucksack, but it’s probably way too late to make a course correction. 
Their daughter’s make Lori Loughlin’s daughters look like Miss Manners graduates    

I’m am so tired of Kyle’s cackling over everything she says like she’s the cleverest person in the room but she seems to be pretty good mother despite being beyond annoying this season. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 8/20/2020 at 6:46 PM, Mar said:

The full view, shared by Dorit on Instagram

ACDA53F6-6DF3-40E5-BF61-7025A0A55543.thumb.jpeg.5205023d1d2843f8569965afc4f2aa09.jpeg

Hasn’t figured out that she’s paying top dollar to advertise for someone else - what a con game. Dumbass.

5 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

RinnaBigLips.jpg.435ca5b9fa8b24d51b752c8c5aa814df.jpg

Those hemorrhoidal lips could give anyone nightmares!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I guess that hug and make up session between Denise and Rinna didn’t last too long. What is the fuck you for again? 

If Denise was as low class as Lisa, she should be the one wearing that pathetic necklace. So Denise and Rinna have been friends for many years, and this is how Rinna treats her? Maybe this is a hollywood "friendship"? Or maybe they prearranged Rinna's verbal disrespect in advance? If so, horrible storyline for "friends". If I was Denise, and the years long friendship is real, I'd be social distancing myself from Rinna permanently.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Good lord 🤦‍♀️

The best part of that is the "See a manager for access". It makes me think of a crummy roadside motel where, when you want to go swimming, you have to go to the office to get the manager to unlock the padlock on the chain-link fence gate. IT's not a high falutin' vibe!

• LOL 6
  • Love 2