Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E15: Sex, Lies and Text Messages

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, WaltersHair said:

A gogo dancer? Is this 1965. You can say it, Erika. Stripper. Say it with me.

And your on your husband's private jet by doing something not all that different from the above occupation. Pahleeze

I'm not addressing the over cooked stupidity of the Brandi plot.

Erika will be 50 next year, which means she went to New York/New Jersey in the late '80s since she said she left Atlanta at 18. It's possible New Jersey still had gogo bars over 30 years ago.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I'm not Team Denise because I find something very annoying about her and Aaron. But I can't stand with the rest of them either because this whole thing is a big "who cares?!?" This is a Denise/Aaron issue. I don't think she's trying to lie or start some weird conspiracy. She just didn't want to share it on camera and that's FAIR. The only thing she did "wrong" is she talks a lot of shit in her confessionals that she would never say in person. That's annoying, but small potatoes compared to the other women's inability to let this boring nonsense go.

Edited to add: Annoyed that Denise is bringing Camille back on my screen, but again, small potatoes lol. 

I agree. Whether Denise had sex with Brandi or not should only concern the three parties it involves--Denise, Aaron, and Brandi. But Denise made everything worse by piling one lie on top of another lie in Italy. Each episode, she came back with a different story concerning the Brandi situation.

• Love 14

GoGo bars in the '90's?? Really?? I live in a small town in Texas; but seriously.... GoGo bar?? Naaa.

Strip club? Hell yes.  But GoGo went out in the early 70's when DISCO came alive!

Edited by goofygirl
I forgot discos!! How COULD I FORGET THEM??
  • Love 20

Again, Teddi is really just concerned about whether Denise is silently hating her every time they meet.  I think she's been the most consistent in this whole mess.  Does Denise secretly hate the group, and Teddi most of all?  And I think Denise's big, fatal mistake was not saying straight up that she's not fond of Teddi.  She could have cushioned it with "I don't know you all that well, we don't have much in common, I just haven't clicked with you yet."  

But now, Brandi's shown that she and Denise do have a close friendship, and Teddi won't believe anything Denise tries to say any more.  The text messages wouldn't actually be that bad (nothing in there about the other women), if Denise hadn't already tried to downplay her relationship with Brandi so severely. For the record, I don't think the language is all that indicative of anything, except that Denise might be mirroring Brandi's slew of endearments, which is rather common among friends.  But the amount of texts show that they talked more than "once or twice".

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, ancslove said:

Again, Teddi is really just concerned about whether Denise is silently hating her every time they meet.  I think she's been the most consistent in this whole mess.  Does Denise secretly hate the group, and Teddi most of all?  And I think Denise's big, fatal mistake was not saying straight up that she's not fond of Teddi.  She could have cushioned it with "I don't know you all that well, we don't have much in common, I just haven't clicked with you yet."  

But now, Brandi's shown that she and Denise do have a close friendship, and Teddi won't believe anything Denise tries to say any more.  The text messages wouldn't actually be that bad (nothing in there about the other women), if Denise hadn't already tried to downplay her relationship with Brandi so severely. For the record, I don't think the language is all that indicative of anything, except that Denise might be mirroring Brandi's slew of endearments, which is rather common among friends.  But the amount of texts show that they talked more than "once or twice".

I agree with this. I love Teddi (hold your tomatoes please 😂) and I think she just wants to be liked, which is relatable (and unrealistic) to me. She hasn't figured out yet that not everyone will like her and it bugs her that she can't figure out why Denise doesn't. Denise talks a lot of mess in her confessionals and it is annoying. She's not very bold in person unless Aaron's there. However, there's nothing wrong with her not liking Teddi. I could totally understand why she doesn't. But she's not being honest about her feelings. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

Yeah, Kyle was wrong there.  Denise's alleged affair with Brandi isn't the issue.  Denise lied about her closeness to Brandi and that she bitched about the others with Brandi. That's why I think Teddi should lead the charge, because she's the one that genuinely cares about that.  But in a way, Denise shot herself in the foot and made everything much worse than it could have been.  Not to say Teddi's a blameless victim!  Looping in Rinna was a colossal misstep, and airing her grievances in public with everyone there was another wrong move.  

I was on Denise's side through the rest of the season, and still am, but I do believe that, no matter which one (Brandi or Denise) came up with the actual phrases, Denise did agree that Erika was a coldhearted bitch and Teddi is pathetic and Denise wants nothing to do with her.  And it wouldn't be a huge deal, if Denise hasn't been trying all season to say she's so cool with everyone.  

I can't believe they literally kicked out Teddi's actual friends.  The private bitching session that surely happened after that party must have been epic!  I was a little surprised that Teddi allowed that to happen, but I guess she was too eager to get more dirt on Denise.

• Love 17
50 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I hope Denise doesn't come back next season. It's not because I hate her; It's because I don't want to see another season of her vs. the rest of the women. Furthermore, I don't think Denise is cut out for reality TV. She's too protective over her image and cares too much about what people think. If she came back next season, it will be more scenes of her walking out anytime she was confronted about something she didn't want hear and her telling Bravo to cut footage that showed her in an unflattering light.

They all do this tho they all try to protect their image they don’t air the lawsuits or cheating rumors they decide to keep that off camera.  That was the rule for them until this season. This season the woman have introduced something that can’t be taken back. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 15

I think Teddi's problem is that she doesn't know how to react to Denise (or anyone) if Denise is secretly despising her, but being nice to her face.  She was more comfortable shutting Camille down, because she and Camille both knew they hated each other, and Teddi didn't feel like feigning civility and hearing Camille's pleasantries.  I think Teddi's extremely dramatic reaction to Denise's appearance on that first full day in Rome was pretty genuine.  She didn't want to interact with someone who faked being her friend, or even a friendly acquaintance/colleague, while secretly hating her guts, because she didn't know how to behave in turn.  And Teddi's own dislike of Denise makes her want Denise to feel the same, because then... Well, I don't know what would happen, but I think Teddi imagines she'd be more comfortable just dropping the pretense.  She feels Denise doesn't like her, partly in response to her own feelings of dislike toward Denise**, and everything would just be better without the Yay Friends! song and dance.

**And yes, I do think Denise at least mildly dislikes Teddi, and that Teddi can feel that.  Whether Denise dislikes Teddi as much as Teddi thinks, I'm not so sure.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, Jel said:

Yes, that is true -- "venting".  And if someone I shit-talked/vented to, then turned around and told the person I was bitching about what I had said, that would be a huge betrayal, and a far greater sin than a few harsh words said in private.

Exactly.  Denise didn't tweet this, blog this or spread it around.  WTF?

• Love 21
14 minutes ago, Rahul said:

I think I'm done with this show. I'm not interested in seeing these vile witches plot and scheme to take yet another person down.

I quit two episodes ago lol I just pop on here to get a recap .. nothing about this season was fun 

• Love 19
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Kyle and Teddi pronounced “Capri, Italy” as “CAP-pri” with the emphasis on the first syllable.  That’s not only incorrect, but I’ve never heard anyone bungle the word “Capri” before in my life.  Oh, and place cards are now name tags.  Leave it to Kyle and Teddi to sound like bumpkins.

1 hour ago, BusyOctober said:

The way Dorit said “KAHP-ree” in her TH was so annoying! But then she said it normally when Teddi and Kyle showed up.

When she was planning the shower with Kyle she was using her "accent" and I thought Kyle assumed she was right so did it too, and then Teddi copied Kyle.  They really are morons.  And then when Dorit invited the ladies in she pronounced it correctly.  These are the small things that amuse on this show now 😄 

47 minutes ago, Jel said:

But she loses me with the insisting on accountability re: Denise admitting she doesn't like her. To what end? There's no accounting for taste, and she can't confront Denise into liking her. It seems like a fruitless and harmful exercise.

Nor can she confront Denise into admitting she doesn't like her.  Why do these women never get embarrassed by themselves?  Insisting that someone admit she doesn't like you; insisting someone has had sex with you over and over as they deny it; dancing naked on instagram in your 50s.  (For the record Rinna, that's why I shame you!!!)

30 minutes ago, ancslove said:

I think Teddi's problem is that she doesn't know how to react to Denise (or anyone) if Denise is secretly despising her, but being nice to her face.  

Smile, say hi and sit next to someone else - if she can't figure this out she doesn't deserve to hang out with other people.  "This group" is large enough to do that.  

• Love 24
27 minutes ago, tranquilidade said:

Teddy needs to grow up.  Adults deal with people who don't really like them  all the time and they keep their opinions private.    This doesn't make a person untrustworthy or a liar just functional.   

Seriously. Watching Teddi, it's like she's never come across someone who didn't love her. Haven't we all run into problems with coworkers at some point? Do we all always hit it off with all of our friends' other friends? We're not all going to be besties, and most people talk. It's not that big a deal. I can know for a fact someone has said awful things about me but be cordial and get my work done without creating problems. If Teddi's dramatics are because she feels she has to create story for the show, then props she can actually act better some of the professional actresses who've been cast. But she does legitimately seem too sensitive to be on a show notorious for bitchiness and cattiness.  

• Love 20
44 minutes ago, tranquilidade said:

Teddy needs to grow up.  Adults deal with people who don't really like them  all the time and they keep their opinions private.    This doesn't make a person untrustworthy or a liar just functional.   

How does Teddi live in "Beverly Hills" (I don't know if any of them actually live in Beverly Hills proper anymore) if she doesn't know how to deal with fake people? Because I dunno about you guys but I've always heard that everyone out there is 100% 1000% genuine and real.

Also how does Teddi trust someone (Brandi) who claims to be "1000%" honest? If you have to pad the numbers to sound more honest, you're probably not honest. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 22
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

People who pride themselves on being "brutally honest" and "owning it" are usually just using that as an excuse to be an asshole. Shit-talking to a person you can trust is a stress relieving exercise. It's self care, really. It's probably on those self care checklists, right after "bubble bath" and before "four square breathing to center yourself". 

YES. They're usually huge jerks and on top of that, they still lie! Oftentimes more that those of us who admit to telling the odd fib.  And people are usually against lying because it's considered a sin. Ditto gossip. But do these women believe spreading gossip that truly hurt someone is okay because they think it's true? And Denise is the biggest liar of all time and can't be trusted to ever tell the truth if she messed up but doesn't feel she owes the world that information?

Most people shit-talk when they've been treated badly. I guess some of these women say that's a no-no unless you have a dramatic confrontation first? lol I even remember Kyle saying when she has a problem with one friend, she has to talk to another friend about it. These ladies don't understand the difference between talking/venting and being a phony malicious gossip. Denise appears to be the former (whether she messed with that gross creature or not), and some of the others are the latter. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Jel said:

Yes, that is true -- "venting".  And if someone I shit-talked/vented to, then turned around and told the person I was bitching about what I had said, that would be a huge betrayal, and a far greater sin than a few harsh words said in private.

Exactly. I don't understand how some people don't get this. And I don't know how anyone on earth thinks they can confide in Brandi Glanville.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, tranquilidade said:

Yeah, this is how I feel.

I don't think being fake with people you don't like is the only way to go.  There are people I don't like and I simply don't engage with them, personally. I don't enjoy being fake towards anyone and I also don't enjoy telling someone to their face that I don't like them, but there is a middle ground.  Polite / reserved disengagement.  I guess it's slightly different with coworkers so Denise can't ignore Teddi - that would be rude - so Denise is doing what she should, in all honesty.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 14

I kind of hope they do bring Brandi back next season because they will have to make her spend an entire season fighting with someone, she can never be the good guy, that has never worked for Brandi.  I would love to see Teddi or Kyle in her line of fire. That would be delicious. 

Can someone please explain to me what "weaponizing" a friendship means? Garcelle was so on point when she said Rinna has become hardened and cold. Wonder what Rinna thought when she saw tonight's footage of Garcelle's opinion of her. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, Jel said:

I've long joked that I may say something not nice about someone, but at least I have the decency to say it behind their back.  That's civility to me.  Honesty and owning it is way overrated.

Kathy Griffin says talking behind someone's back is manners! 😀

• LOL 12
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Being upset because someone smiles in your face but then tells everybody behind your back that they hate you doesnt have anything to do with having to grow up.  It has to do with being upset about being around a two faced liar in your group.  Denise is a lying liar who lies.  I don't understand why she gets a pass.  Practically everything she's said this season has been a lie.  She is a major flip flopper.  She's acting like Kyle and Teddi made up what Brandi said.  They only confronted you about something someone else said about you. Ffs, don't kill the messenger as they say!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ancslove said:

**And yes, I do think Denise at least mildly dislikes Teddi, and that Teddi can feel that.  Whether Denise dislikes Teddi as much as Teddi thinks, I'm not so sure.  

Well, Teddi knows for sure after this episode.  Denise told Garcelle straight out that she really can't stand Teddi. So it turns out Teddi's instincts were on point.  

• Love 5