Type keyword(s) to search

Looking Dapper: Favorite Fashion From TV

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Charlotte York has the kind of classic style I adore. She was always my favorite of the Sex and the City ladies. I love almost everything she wore. I loved her wedding dress from her wedding to Harry: 

image.png.4a823cd715637a357af432c31c51124c.png

I just love her dress. She looked like a princess. 

• Love 9
23 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Still obsessed with Charlotte.

I don't like any of those dresses/outfits, but I love the color yellow of the shoes in one.  Actually, I like the skirt with that one, just not the rest of it.

I tend to accurately say something isn't my style or I don't like it, but when it comes to that get-up Sarah Jessica Parker is wearing (in character, I assume; I don't watch S&TC) in the group shot, I'm going to go ahead and say that's hideous.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I love this dress (or more precisely a combination of skirt and vest) that Abigail wore in episode 3 of Around the world in 80 days. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a picture that shows it in its entirety.

XgLBSWo-asset-mezzanine-16x9-4M3HQSu.jpg

bdttvyry-720.jpg

Here it is with a jacket:

ATWIED_EP3_5.jpeg?itok=jvuJH_FL

It also looks quite practical for travel - you know, if you have to travel in a skirt instead of trousers.

• Love 7

I love that Moira's clothes are fairly simple but so put together looking. I love a sheath dress for work. I do love that blue shirt and plaid skirt combo though. I would wear that in a heartbeat. I love, when they're at a crime scene, and she pulls out her Wellies. She still looks super chic with her big old boots on. lol Look how adorable she is in her matching boots and jacket. 

image.png.235089eb04b4bda2fd0a16ba85ec8623.png

• Love 5

Maura gives a good excuse for her love of fashion. She tells Jane it's not to be fashionable but because she's in awe of what humans can do and create. 

Maura: I am in awe of what human beings can do. I am in awe of the hand-knit channel stitching on this sweater. I am in awe of the artisan who molded and shaped this shoe.

Sounds like a great excuse to me. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Maura: I am in awe of what human beings can do. I am in awe of the hand-knit channel stitching on this sweater. I am in awe of the artisan who molded and shaped this shoe.

Sounds like a great excuse to me. 

That really is so Maura. She is very intellectual, it isn't surprising that she would intellectualize fashion, see it as craftsmanship and artistry rather than something that will make her look cute or appeal to others.

I haven't really thought that way about modern clothing, every once in a while I'll see something that wows me, but mostly it's all just variations of the same thing, but am often in awe of the beautiful, elaborate clothing made centuries ago, before machines made everything and there was so much beautiful embroidered, elaborate designs and hand workmanship that went into one piece. I feel that way about architecture as well. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

That really is so Maura. She is very intellectual, it isn't surprising that she would intellectualize fashion, see it as craftsmanship and artistry rather than something that will make her look cute or appeal to others.

I haven't really thought that way about modern clothing, every once in a while I'll see something that wows me, but mostly it's all just variations of the same thing, but am often in awe of the beautiful, elaborate clothing made centuries ago, before machines made everything and there was so much beautiful embroidered, elaborate designs and hand workmanship that went into one piece. I feel that way about architecture as well. 

I agree. So many old designs were so incredible and yet were all made by hand. Same with architecture. The different designs and buildings from all over the ancient world or built during the Renaissance. Amazing work and without the technology or tools we have now. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

I don't like the veil, but I love this wedding dress from Designing Women.  Considering that it was an 80s show, it could have been truly ugly.

I don't like the veil or the train, and I wouldn't pick the dress even without them, but I agree it's surprisingly subdued for the '80s -- and for Charlene.  It's not my style, but it's attractive for the era and for a character who could very easily have gone completely over the top when it came time to pick out a bridal gown.  (But of course she still picked pink bridesmaid dresses.)

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I wish I could say what disturbs me about this picture. But Diana made it look much, much better.

The actress is thinner than Diana (or has a smaller frame) and the dress is lower cut. Not by much, but the angle of the camera makes it look worse than it probably is.  I think she looks great and the dress is really nice, but my initial reaction to the picture itself is was a little bit negative, too. I think the reasons I listed were why.

• Love 5