Type keyword(s) to search

Looking Dapper: Favorite Fashion From TV

• Start Topic

Of course, this thread wouldn't be complete w/o mentioning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Unfortunately, this site won't allow me to post any pictures because they are too big, not matter how small I try to resize them before posting! 

• Love 6

re: Carrie Bradshaw - I would never have the balls to wear what she wore, but I loved seeing what she came up with next. She had fun with fashion, which is nice to see. 

re: Betty Draper - she is the closest thing we have to Grace Kelly. I have many, many issues with that era in history, but the clothes, oh the dresses, the hats, the two piece suits women wore in the 60s were divine!

• Love 14

Ok, I need to ask how you all are getting so many decent sized pictures in one post.  For my first post, I copied and pasted the two pictures off of Google Images, but it wouldn't let me post any more (said that it couldn't be bigger than a certain size). The next post, I couldn't post any, so I tried saving them and editing them smaller, but no matter how many times I did it, I kept getting the same message. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Shannon L. said:

Ok, I need to ask how you all are getting so many decent sized pictures in one post.  For my first post, I copied and pasted the two pictures off of Google Images, but it wouldn't let me post any more (said that it couldn't be bigger than a certain size). The next post, I couldn't post any, so I tried saving them and editing them smaller, but no matter how many times I did it, I kept getting the same message. 

Copy and paste the url (link address) of the image instead of the actual image.

• Useful 4
1 hour ago, Shannon L. said:

That happened to me the first time I tried to post a picture, and I think I had to leave the page and come back or reload it before trying a second time with smaller pictures because it was still counting the first pictures as part of my size limit even though they were no longer there. It's been a while, though, so this may not be a problem any more.

• Useful 1
17 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

re: Carrie Bradshaw - I would never have the balls to wear what she wore, but I loved seeing what she came up with next. She had fun with fashion, which is nice to see. 

re: Betty Draper - she is the closest thing we have to Grace Kelly. I have many, many issues with that era in history, but the clothes, oh the dresses, the hats, the two piece suits women wore in the 60s were divine!

That’s exactly how I feel about Carrie and why I included her. Sarah Jessica is lucky she had the perfect little figure too. If anyone could have pulled off Carrie’s more bold looks, it was SJP. 

Betty reminds me of Grace too. I feel the same about the era. I’m glad we’re in present times (even with the current problems), but I love the fashion back then. I wish I could wear dresses as gorgeous as Betty’s without getting a bunch of attention. These days wearing anything other than jeans can result in being asked where you’re going. 

@Popples Thank you for introducing me to Phryne Fisher’s style. So glamorous! 

• Love 3

I love Samantha's style on Bewitched!  Actually, all the fashion was good, imo, at least for the Samantha, Endorra, and Serena.  The men were usually in classic suits, so while they looked nice, it wasn't as remarkable to me.  Anyway, on Samantha, I've been having trouble finding full length shots, and the ones I do find are small, so here's a mish mash of small and large, black & white & color, full shots and head and shoulders only.

samanta.jpg.d80a6c74ecaaad96940e7bc93a69cd6b.jpg  SS-9.jpg

gettyimages-515504592-1024x1024.thumb.jpg.a74cc156895c5c807efd5c330198672c.jpg

Accessories.jpg

samantha-from-bewitched.jpg

I even love her witch outfit

7ececed9f85c7d4d544aff5e3bbf1446.jpg

• Love 17
26 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

Now for the men - White Collar created a marriage made in heaven in pairing up incredible suits and Matt Bomer.  

White_Collar_Neal_Caffery_Matt_Bomer_Sui

4463b40b73455925134c99f4fc162a06.jpg

I wish I could like your post 100 times.  Bomer was born to put on a suit.

• Love 11

Although I can only remember seeing it in the pilot episode that episode was used for the opening credits of the show and we all had to have a Starsky sweater in my school.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

One of my favorites is Zoey from Grown ish.  Young, hip, fashion forward.  Also all her looks are head to toe looks.  It isn't just the clothes, it is the hair and the accessories that change to complete the look.

2014478823_zoeybeads.thumb.jpg.688d9f1fadb411fa813d4961f256e32e.jpg1639566871_zoered.jpg.d1de38d4cfd79648fd1cc6137b76cd10.jpg

1224571704_zoetie.jpg.007f8f541e40118f8342399404c4e986.jpg1262238097_zoeybetterstripes.jpg.72e6a86d48fe442973769ae5ed8f8f35.jpg

201984785_ZoeyHair.thumb.jpg.80a2fa6dd908ed29bd1597d6a81d498b.jpg

zoe1970.jpg.97679949eda4d0863e49a467d37ecf21.jpg

1401802997_zoeface.jpg.1fc596a9ee9588f41d3fddce9fba3f8a.jpg

40515208_zoeberet.jpg.5d0f2070cd5405098157971df4317ff2.jpg

zoey sweater.jpg

Edited by DearEvette
  • Love 16

The red shirt that Buffy wears during the "Give Me Something to Sing About" routine in the "Once More with Feeling" episode will forever have a special place of lust in my heart.

ohjaJRFy.jpg

• Love 6
On 11/17/2020 at 7:18 PM, Shannon L. said:

The Queen's Gambit!  I don't know if it's the clothes or how good the actress looks in them (she's exquisite), but I love just about everything they put her in.

A big part of it is that Anya Taylor-Joy rocks the hell out her accessories.

Queens-Gambit-Style-Gallery31.jpg

• Love 7
On 11/18/2020 at 9:33 AM, Popples said:

I might have to check out The Queen's Gambit for fashion purposes; Anya Taylor-Joy looks amazing! 

Do.  Not just the clothes were great, but the set design as well and she was excellent start to finish

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I have a very flexible fashion style. Firstly, I don’t really care about the price tag of the dresses or the accessories as long as they are classy. And I am always ready to mix and match my styles to suit different occasions. I’d define my style as casual and classic. I can help with some tips if you find this style suitable for yourself.

Edited by itsmejerry04
  • Love 2

I've been re-watching Downton Abbey and I have to appreciate the evolution of fashion and how fantastic the 1920's looked on the elder Crawley sisters (especially Edith) coming from the dowdier 1910's.

a-look-back-at-lady-ediths-most-memorabl

20140214__140218-edith.jpg

73dd7a8c9d22c2962bae40cf6be57c22.jpg

119a67e6d4bd95f1bf6cb0f09e4b5a86.jpg

• Love 14
13 hours ago, Popples said:

I've been re-watching Downton Abbey and I have to appreciate the evolution of fashion and how fantastic the 1920's looked on the elder Crawley sisters (especially Edith) coming from the dowdier 1910's.

a-look-back-at-lady-ediths-most-memorabl

20140214__140218-edith.jpg

73dd7a8c9d22c2962bae40cf6be57c22.jpg

119a67e6d4bd95f1bf6cb0f09e4b5a86.jpg

I so loved the fashions from this era. This, to me, was also an important time in history where women began to have their own voice and sense of self. Quite liberating.

I am old, but my personal favorite fashion eras were the 1920’s the 1940’s. That being said, my personal wardrobe for almost a year has been a lot baggy, comfy clothing, that are pajamas at night but during the day, what I am still wearing.

• Love 10

I do love all the decade-jumping outfits on WandaVision, especially the wedding dress in the dress episode. I know it was supposed to be a 50s dress, but it’s so simple and flattering that I think it’s still stylish.

Scarlet Witch Love GIF by Disney+

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I do love all the decade-jumping outfits on WandaVision, especially the wedding dress in the dress episode. I know it was supposed to be a 50s dress, but it’s so simple and flattering that I think it’s still stylish.

Scarlet Witch Love GIF by Disney+

Plus, how cute is the little bow on the veil?!

• Love 5