Type keyword(s) to search

Shahs in the Media

• Start Topic

Just now, Mindthinkr said:

Not exactly a Shah but it has to do with Asa.

Hmm. Jermaine Jackson is engaged to wed a Dutch girl pretty soon. I’m sure this is not how Asa intended their relationship to pan out. Word behind the scenes is it’s a beneficial marriage because it will help some money laundering issue he has going on. She is also 40 years his junior. Maday Velazquez. 

I could be wrong, but I think it's Jermaine Jackson Sr. who's getting married.  Isn't Asa with his son, Jermaine Jackson Jr.?

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

I could be wrong, but I think it's Jermaine Jackson Sr. who's getting married.  Isn't Asa with his son, Jermaine Jackson Jr.?

Oh goodness. I stand corrected. Thank you. I’ll remove my post. 

• Love 2

Yes.  I especially liked this:

"...underscoring the way in which latching on to culinary traditions has always been a mainstay of the immigration experience, and how food, more often than not, helps to act as tugboats to matters of identity and tribe."

• Love 1

So have they finally put this show out of its misery? I finally quit watching last season...just too boring and pointless and these guys no longer make me laugh; they just make me particularly sad now.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

So have they finally put this show out of its misery? I finally quit watching last season...just too boring and pointless and these guys no longer make me laugh; they just make me particularly sad now.

I hope not - I need my Persian food fix!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I still like this reality ShahShitShow. I'm ok with seeing Tommy and MJ try to raise a child together. And Gigi is a very special kind of crazy. And yes! the food! And these bitches aren't afraid to eat! That's why I love them.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Interesting did her thinking she was infertile come up on the show, I can’t remember. 

I don't remember either.  Not sure if I knew about her leukemia when she was a teenager.

14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Based on her comments it seems like this was probably an accidental pregnancy and the father isn’t in the picture.

I'm probably in the minority on this but I liked Jessica. I'm sure the father of her baby is a good looking guy. Maybe she used a sperm bank donor so she could make intelligent choices without the emotional issues involved with a relationship.

Whatever the case may be, I like her and wish her well. And the baby too!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, chenoa333 said:

Maybe she used a sperm bank donor so s

I doubt it she was told repeatedly that she couldn’t get pregnant and even mentioned that she was going to share the news on social media because she didn’t want to be judge and said it was a surprise. 

• Love 1
On 4/20/2019 at 11:43 PM, biakbiak said:

Based on her comments it seems like this was probably an accidental pregnancy and the father isn’t in the picture.

18 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I doubt it she was told repeatedly that she couldn’t get pregnant and even mentioned that she was going to share the news on social media because she didn’t want to be judge and said it was a surprise. 

So because of her medical history she's just going without condoms?  That's kinda ICKY as a nurse she should at least continue condom use to prevent STI. I'm sure she knows who her child's father is, and is keeping him private.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, carolinagirl81 said:

So because of her medical history she's just going without condoms?  That's kinda ICKY as a nurse she should at least continue condom use to prevent STI. I'm sure she knows who her child's father is, and is keeping him private.

Birth control has and can fail. I wasn’t suggesting she doesn’t know who the father of her baby is just that from her comments announcing it doesn’t appear he is in the picture anymore. 

• Love 1
On 4/21/2019 at 1:46 PM, chenoa333 said:

I'm probably in the minority on this but I liked Jessica. I'm sure the father of her baby is a good looking guy. Maybe she used a sperm bank donor so she could make intelligent choices without the emotional issues involved with a relationship.

Whatever the case may be, I like her and wish her well. And the baby too!

I liked Jessica too. I thought she was a catch and Mike blew it with her.

• Love 8

Wow. How crazy is that?  I never would've ID'd the guy in that video as Tommy--he looks less blubbery, and his hair seems darker--but I guess the legal system is convinced.  And he's the most likely culprit with all that's going on.  These people need to step away from reality TV.

• Love 1

This seems extra…even for them.  I'm guessing this may have started as a storyline for the new season and escalated.  Or it's still mostly storyline & Reza decided to go the extra mile.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/24/2019 at 4:40 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Just saw this.  I can't figure out exactly what is going on.....fall out, restraining orders, jealousy, ???

https://people.com/tv/mercedes-mj-javid-cryptic-post-reza-farahan-fallout/

The folks over on reddit are avid chroniclers of everything. What seems to have happened is that Reza found out that Adam had started an inappropriately sexual text relationship with some guy. Reza told MJ. MJ seems to have told some 3rd party who spilled the beans to Reza that MJ shared the info. Reza was pissed. He didn't come to visit MJ or the baby. He also put his texts back and forth with Tommy during the labor and delivery on Instagram showing that he had been supportive.

These texts included info that MJ had to have an emergency hysterectomy and had a bunch of other medical complications. When Tommy saw MJ's medical info on Instagram, he flipped out. He called Reza up and screamed at Reza. Tommy went to Reza's and destroyed some of their planters. Reza went to court and got a restraining order against Tommy.

Because Reza is an asshole who didn't want his disaster of a marriage making it on to the show, Reza is now trying to claim that MJ was trying to interfere in his marriage and that she was claiming he was an unsupportive friend to her during her pregnancy. I'm not saying that MJ was in the right or wasn't being a messy gossip, but the shit Reza pulled by publishing her medical info was unforgivable.

https://people.com/tv/reza-farahan-reveals-why-he-mercedes-javid-can-never-be-friends-again/

P.S. Reza's marriage is a shit show. He canceled their wedding, made out with (and probably fucked) that stripper, took his friends on their honeymoon trip, and is openly dismissive and derogatory towards Adam. If MJ was trying to interfere in their marriage, she didn't need to put in a lot of effort because Reza has done a great job of fucking it up himself.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 7

Thanks for the recap.  I may or may not check in with new season.  So, did Tommy know that MJ had betrayed a confidence with Rezza when he sent detail medical info?  You really have to be careful what you share now days.  VERY few people can keep things confidential.  I've learned that and rarely share info, even with close friends. lol 

• Love 2

@SunnyBeBe I don't know if Tommy knows that MJ betrayed Reza's confidence. I sort of assume he does because these are messy people. However, I think Tommy flipped out based on what he and MJ have had to deal with over the last 2 years and how Reza has done MJ dirty in the past, especially in season 2. Tommy wasn't the least bit right by reacting with threats and violence. I actually loathe when they start resorting to physical violence. However, I've never understood why MJ and Reza continue to be friends because they take every opportunity to ruin each other's lives.

20 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I read that Lily G is campaigning to get back onto the show. It made her sound as though she’s desperate for the public’s attention. 

She is.  I believe that's part of the reason for the divorce if the gossip is true.  

She can stay away.  No desire to see her on this show or on my tv screen anywhere...ever.

• Love 4
On 9/6/2019 at 4:26 PM, biakbiak said:

Tom takes a plea deal for vandalizing Reza’s backyard. Ten days in jail (probably less due to over crowding) and 3 years probation.

I wonder how filming going forward is going to play out now that there's restraining orders sprinkled in with jail time, probation, etc.  This show is gonna be hella disjointed if half the cast doesn't want to work with other cast members, etc.  They'd better play nice/make nice or the cast is gonna see their way out of some looooong Bravo paychecks.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, beesknees said:

I wonder how filming going forward is going to play out now that there's restraining orders sprinkled in with jail time, probation, etc.  This show is gonna be hella disjointed if half the cast doesn't want to work with other cast members, etc.  They'd better play nice/make nice or the cast is gonna see their way out of some looooong Bravo paychecks.

If it were me I'd refuse to film with MJ after Tommy's show of violence. Possibly they will film Reza and others scenes and MJ and others scenes seperately. And possibily one or the other will be fired. Or Tommy may gave kilked the show.

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:05 AM, RealHousewife said:

Honestly, I wouldn’t mind having Lilly back on. She’s a much nicer person than the likes of Reza and MJ. 

I don't remember minding Lilly all that much, but if memory serves, she refused to party with them and was a big ol' party pooper.

• Love 3
On 12/25/2019 at 11:35 AM, NotChristine said:

There was a first look of the season 8 premiere that aired last night. Don't know if anyone caught it (I didn't).

I caught it. Was only about 10 minutes. Mike has a new girlfriend. Reza and Adam finished renovating their house. They had a big discussion as to whether or not Adam still wanted a child. Otherwise pretty unmemorable. 

• Love 1

Just watched the sneak preview for the season.  Well, it was a summary of past seasons and then a very brief preview.  There was a segment on Asa but not one for Destiney.  Hmmm...but I didn’t see Asa in the actual preview.