Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: Public Displays Of Contention

• Start Topic

Because of this show, I will forever see Samoans as born moochers. It must be in their blood. 

to the point that grandparents want grandchildren to be discarded for their well being.  

• Love 2

This show never fails to make me feel better ... because of the trashy lowlifes that they show on the screen

that is why we all watch ... it makes us feel better.  We can’t be as bad as the trash they show on the screen. 😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Tania the Witch Doctor, who apparently isn’t doing any doctoring, has some nerve telling Syngin that he lacks direction. What is she doing with her life besides milking every last drop of sympathy from that foot injury? Syngin should dump Tania with Libby’s vile family. They can sit around and make fun of housing and customs in other countries. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

I feel like Angela is starting crap and looking for a reason to leave the relationship.  She is definitely at her worst in this one. 

Just when you think Asuelu's family can't get any worse or money-grubbing, they can.  "I don't care about the kids!"    What the hell???

• Love 18
25 minutes ago, Safadao said:

Because of this show, I will forever see Samoans as born moochers. It must be in their blood. 

to the point that grandparents want grandchildren to be discarded for their well being.  

That exchange was jaw dropping.

I loved Syngin's dad (or is it stepdad) asking whether Tania mistook him for a structured person.

• LOL 10
  • Love 9

Angela is a quintessential brute! Mahckle is in for a world of abuse if he continues with this chain smoking she beast. 

I really think the producers tell Colt Tea to adjust his glasses at just the right moment, like everytime he says some dumb shit it's punctuated by a finger to the glasses. God, he's just so doughy.

Asuelu's family is bat shit crazy. I can't believe his mom actually said "I don't care about the kids" and how hilarious is it that Sister Asuelu thinks she would beat Kalani up? I'm actually impressed that she walked away. 

Tania reminds me of Gloria Govan and I can't stand her either. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
26 minutes ago, suzywallis said:

I feel like Angela is starting crap and looking for a reason to leave the relationship.  She is definitely at her worst in this one. 

Just when you think Asuelu's family can't get any worse or money-grubbing, they can.  "I don't care about the kids!"    What the hell???

I really hope they never ask family Assuelo To babysit. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Tania and Syngin:

The best relationship advice I was ever given was the real test of a relationship is not how much you love the other person, but how much you love yourself in your relationship with them.

IOW, if you're not the best version of yourself in the relationship, it's not the relationship for you.

It's profound in its simplicity.

I only wish I'd heard it in my early 20's; it would have saved me about 15 years of grief.

• Useful 14
  • Love 10
19 minutes ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Angela is a quintessential brute! Mahckle is in for a world of abuse if he continues with this chain smoking she beast. 

I really think the producers tell Colt Tea to adjust his glasses at just the right moment, like everytime he says some dumb shit it's punctuated by a finger to the glasses. God, he's just so doughy.

Asuelu's family is bat shit crazy. I can't believe his mom actually said "I don't care about the kids" and how hilarious is it that Sister Asuelu thinks she would beat Kalani up? I'm actually impressed that she walked away. 

Tania reminds me of Gloria Govan and I can't stand her either. 

I hate that wide-eyed, Innocent, adjusting the glasses thing he does. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
50 minutes ago, SerenityNow721 said:

This episode....these people are making me so angry ad frustrated I don’t know if I can finish the show.  Libby’s family is the absolute worst. Did no one ever teach them any manners?  Does it occur to them that they don’t have to say every single thought that enters their head. They have the option to BE QUIET and say nothing.

and Angela - there are no words. I found her mildly entertaining up to this point, but after tonight, I am 100% behind Michael walking out on her. Doesn’t he realize this will be his life?  Apologizing and placating Angela.  Nothing is worth that.  The Nigerian women they’ve shown seem so confident and dignified. Angela couldn’t be further from that.  She is horrible.

This whole situation really doesn't say much for Michael, what man would want to be married to Angela?  I think he could find a better American woman if that's what he wants.  

42 minutes ago, Safadao said:

Theme of this show:

women discover too late that they cannot change their husbands 

Or....How American women brainwash their mates!

Edited by endure
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Coltee joy honking after the drone hit him in the face and the jazzy sweet piano music! DYING I TELL YOU!  HAHAHAHAHAHA 🎺🎷

That was hilarious, I wonder if Mother knows he was playing with a drone?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I can't help but believe Asuelu's mom and sister are playing for the camera.  Surely, no one could be that greedy and rude.  I'd bet good money that Kalani would take out Asuelu and his sister.  Together.  

It would be a joy if Angela was as nice and respectable to everyone as she is to Michael's mom. 

It's folks like Libby's family that give Americans abroad a bad name.   

• Love 19
On 8/18/2020 at 10:46 AM, Kangatush said:

Jess is a horrible nanny.  She has so much vacation time.

I agree in theory, but I think she's a contract worker through a company that places international childcare providers with short-term contracts. It's not like a normal nanny job where she works with one family for two years.

But yeah... I'm sure she's still terrible.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I can't help but believe Asuelu's mom and sister are playing for the camera.  Surely, no one could be that greedy and rude.  I'd bet good money that Kalani would take out Asuelu and his sister.  Together.  

It would be a joy if Angela was as nice and respectable to everyone as she is to Michael's mom. 

They MUST be playing it up, right? Nobody's that awful...right?

Spoiler

The relationship they show with his family through social media is totally different from what we are seeing on TV.

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
On 8/19/2020 at 10:07 AM, Mrs. Hanson said:
On 8/18/2020 at 5:50 PM, KateHearts said:

Libby's family never fails to disappoint. SisterWitch Jenn starts before they leave the airport, slamming the weather, and continues on the ride from the airport: "it's so dark and depressing. It's like 4 pm and it's getting dark." 

Welcome to Minnesota November through March.   And I love it.  Great reason to get into your pj's at 5, eat leftover beef stew and go to bed at 8.

Or Seattle, one of the most beautiful cities on the planet.

On 8/19/2020 at 11:18 PM, magemaud said:

Why does Angela have two pair of glasses ON HER HEAD?

Oh, shit, I've done that.  Two pairs up there and probably one hanging on the neck of my shirt.  But not my bra, because my bra is never anywhere near as accessible as Angela's.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Low, Kalani's Dad might need to have a talk with Asuelo's Mama lol.

Spoiler

I read the Samoan's are not happy with how they are being portrayed, and I don't blame them 😕

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

Kalani and Asuelu: So much dysfunction. Except for the two kids, there isn't a reason for them to be together. Hopefully in reality, the family is not as awful as it seems. The Samoans are being portrayed very badly. Asuelu's mother couldn't care about family - just a regular 4 figure cheque for her to spend. No, your kids don't owe you anything if they can barely get by. Kalani should have thrown the daughter off the pier and slugged Momuelu. No way to talk to your daughter-in-law. Asuelu behaved like a petulant toddler - so now Kalani has three kids. He and the family need a one on one chat where he tells them to get their own jobs and money. If he has any to send, he will help out but he and Kalani are not a bank.

Larissa and Eric-ee: Still grifting along, hoping that someone isn't cheapee and will gift her with plastic surgery. Eric, you are better off with the expensive couch or sending Larissa for therapy or encouraging her to find her own job and save up the money to pay for her own plastic surgery. Even with a loan and a contract, you are unlikely to ever see a dime back.

Colt and Jess: He certainly gets the women. Why? Is his online persona some sort of nerd or dork? He is lying to Jess, he is talking to other women, and he has inappropriate conversations with his motherwife. Deb is laughing all the way to the slot machine.

Angela and Mykull: Such an ugly American, using some weird religion reference, insulting a paid translator, screaming all the time. If you are done, you are done. It's just a way to manipulate and terrorize Michael. How much abuse is he going to put up with? There are lots of other American women to play a long con with. With the US closing off Nigeria for immigration, it's going to be a long, long time til you ever see America. Michael's mother is probably tired of this garbage, and gave her 'blessing', hopefully that Angela will go back to the US, and Michael will find some other Nigerian wife and hopefully have a chat with the marriage registry and make the marriage invalid.

Libby and Andrei: Hope it is just scripted drama and the family is better than this. Andrei's side seem lovely. The Libby family is an Ugly American one - complaining about late fall in a northernish European country, complaining about the food, that breakfast is croissants and fruit and not bacon and eggs, it isn't Tampa, complaining about the Eastern European cultural dress with the embroidered blouses and nice skirts. Plus complain to Andrei's family. Go home.

Syngin and Tania: Gin and Tonic are not a good mix.  Syngin is just a notch on Tania's list of things to do by X age or X month. She has also made no real effort to get herself any kind of job - the witch doctor school has brought no opportunities for her, Syngin is still figuring himself out, both don't really want to work, but want money. And the screech and howl at each other. Time to sit down and figure out if the marriage is ever going to work, and really, wish each other the best and go separate ways. Neither are going to change. Syngin, wash your feet.

• Love 23
On 8/18/2020 at 9:12 AM, charmed1 said:

The sneak peak shows Libby’s ugly ass family sitting around a table full of bread and fruit, complaining that they can’t eat it and they need eggs and bacon. And Chuck and Chucklet give their revisionist history version of the dinner with Andrei where they are both of course the innocent damsels in distress under attack from the rabid Moldovan brute.

I laughed out loud at this whole post.  Chucklet...I can't!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 8/22/2020 at 6:21 PM, AZChristian said:

If he can find a job that involves tossing his hair with his hands every minute or so, he'll be rich.

Isn’t that what this show is?

I never actually thought the Family Chantel was entertaining enough for a spin-off, but they at least gave us gems like “harvesting the American dollar” and “bitch ass slut ass whore.” Not to mention the “Mother Chantel”/“Father Chantel” phrasing we (or at least I) continue to enjoy today. Mention “Band Evelyn” from season 5 of regular 90 Day or “Friends Sumit” from TOW and I would know exactly what/whom you meant. Family Libby has been ungracious and rude but, above all, they are just so unentertaining.

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Mother has fricken mean face. Even if it was in a script I would not do that for a million dollars. To have that on tape so those  kids can see  greedy aunt and grandma say those often things   My only mission in life is that my grandkids have wonderful memories of me.  My littlest  guy packed a suitcase and told mom and dad he was staying one more might with them then he was staying with me.  That’s what brings me joy. The 8 year old has a quick low key humor like His dad and me I couldn’t be prouder.

libbys mother escaped a bullet with that big crass lump.  I also agree Angela May want out. I want her off my tv. It is a distractions from all the fires. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, nytonc said:

Body language experts say someone touching their face or adjusting their hat or glasses while talking to you is a classic sign of deception.  Colt Tea does it a lot.  Obviously you have to get to know a person to see if it's accurate where they are concerned, but I don't think it's difficult to tell he's a continual liar, regardless.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Of course Larissa is happy to sign a contract to "borrow" money.  She is never going to pay it back.  What would he sue her for?  She ain't got but a utility shelving full of make up and some ugly clothes. Chile, please. 

He could repossess the “headlight” and the “cannonball.”

7 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

The traditional clothes, which I thought quite pretty, is like "little house on the prairie".

Translation = not whorish.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

I think the traditional garb is another way for Andrrrrei to spend Chuck's money.  He required or requested it after he had to apologize to Chuck and Chucklet, and only after the womenfolk arrived in Moldova to shop and pay for it. (The bonus is that they get to flaunt their supposed wealth in front of Libby's sister-in-law.)  Libby better to be ready to sing the Moldovan National Anthem as she walks down the aisle - That could be why Coven Jenn declared that Libby has a nice singing voice.

Meanwhile, Andrrrei's family has laid out three elaborate spreads, including one at the AirBnB, and has cared for blockheaded Eleanor nearly 24/7.  The family Libby has only reciprocated with insults and ignorance.

• Love 6
On 8/19/2020 at 3:05 AM, Leilani said:

This is Angela with the cameras on. There is no doubt in my mind she is more physically and verbally abusive off camera.

I can't watch Angela AT ALL.  I wish she would go away.  I don't want to see her on TV EVER.  I'M DONE with her shit.

Libby's family are ugly Americans.  People like that are the reason many in the world hate America, because of narrow minded, xenophobic pricks like them.  

I want to like Tania because she's a WOC, but I don't get her.  Why is she pushing Syngin?  It's not like she has a great career herself.  What was she screaming about?

As I watched Kalani deal with Asuelu's mother and sister, I wondered if that's why Kalani's dad did not want her to marry a man from Samoa.  The dad's still a racist (wants his daughters to marry WHITE men).  But maybe he felt that if Kalani married a man from Samoa, he would be obligated to take care of his mother and Kalani would always come in second.

Come to think of it, both Asuelu and Libby have the same attitude.  They don't see their spouse as their family.  

Body language experts say someone touching their face or adjusting their hat or glasses while talking to you is a classic sign of deception.

What if your glasses don't fit properly?  That's why I don't believe "experts."  Human beings aren't robots.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 10

Ericee is REALLY having trouble acting like he's sexually into Larissa, AT ALL. I don't blame him, he can't help it, but whoever hired this rightfully struggling actor should have recognized it very, very early. The sectoins where she's telling him she want s a boob job and he's like "I could totally, uh, have a lot of fun, I think, with those, uh....cannons?" Again, shades of "How about those Dolphins" in The Birdcage. Dude just isn't straight, and he's not talented enough to make anyone believe he is, and whoever's producing their segments is just not asking for a twenty sixth take. THe problem is this definitely makes the show fake, and once I can see the seams, as it were, it doesn't take long for me to check out. For example there's simply no way Angela or Mahckle (thanks for the more accurate spelling) didn't just say "Listen, tell them whatever, they're not moving to America, who wants to get into all this here?" and solve the problem. And there's also no way that mom would have authorized a real wedding anyway. The whole cooked up Moldovan Mystery (we're not going to find out he's a professional assassin, right?), the idiotic scene we're supposed to believe actually happened between ASuelo's people and Kalani...has anyone in life ever preceded beating someone up by actually saying "I'M GOING TO BEAT YOU UP!"? 

Fuck you 90 Days. Where was my Kareeeneee. 

3 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I can't watch Angela AT ALL.  I wish she would go away.  I don't want to see her on TV EVER.  I'M DONE with her shit.

Libby's family are ugly Americans.  People like that are the reason many in the world hate America, because of narrow minded, xenophobic pricks like them.  

I'm surprised the producers didn't have them show up wearing the outfit Apollo wore in Rocky IV, just in case you weren't SURE they were Americans.

apollo_america.jpg

• LOL 8
  • Love 12

I had to FF through Libby and Andrei's scenes; I just can't with them anymore.  Her family is awful.  

Asuelo's family was also awful.  I hope that's manufactured drama.

I agree with Larissa that she needs a nose job.  🤷

Jess makes me very uncomfortable.  But not as uncomfortable as the dream I had that Colt-ee proposed to me.  The ring was huge but the diamond was poor quality.

Tania eating in the bed and giving Sinjen the silent treatment bugged me.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

PLEASE somebody throw Larissa off the show or the bridge.  What nerve.  Are Americans made of gold?  Erikee is just as crazy as her.  $25,000 dollars?  Who does she think she is?  Get your ass out of everyone’s house and get a job already.  She bothers me the most.  Entitled fucker.  Yeah, she’ll give you the money back.  Asshole Erikee.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

PLEASE somebody throw Larissa off the show or the bridge.  What nerve.  Are Americans made of gold?  Erikee is just as crazy as her.  $25,000 dollars?  Who does she think she is?  Get your ass out of everyone’s house and get a job already.  She bothers me the most.  Entitled fucker.  Yeah, she’ll give you the money back.  Asshole Erikee.

Signal #3 that this whole storyline is totally fabricated. If that dude could afford to lend that sort of money, why is he splitting such a shitty place with his "friend"? 

"I totally cannot wait to mush my hands onto her amazing boobs while we are completely doing it, because we TOTALLY do it all the time, guys!" -- Eric. 

ETA actual exchange from watching with Mrs. Juice last night: Larissa was talking about getting the boobs to make the sex-i better-y, because she want'i something that eric'ee likey. Me: "Better get a big old dick tacked on to, then," my wife., exasperated: "You're forty four, come on." Of course she said it laughing, so....

Edited by Uncle JUICE
  • LOL 18
  • Love 1
On 8/22/2020 at 10:26 AM, Persnickety1 said:

(On the bright side, in her talking heads in the red dress, it looks like Tania finally bought a bra! 

Well, that's all fine and dandy, but how many packs of Marlboros will it hold?

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Ericee is REALLY having trouble acting like he's sexually into Larissa, AT ALL. I don't blame him, he can't help it, but whoever hired this rightfully struggling actor should have recognized it very, very early. The sectoins where she's telling him she want s a boob job and he's like "I could totally, uh, have a lot of fun, I think, with those, uh....cannons?" Again, shades of "How about those Dolphins" in The Birdcage. Dude just isn't straight, and he's not talented enough to make anyone believe he is, and whoever's producing their segments is just not asking for a twenty sixth take. THe problem is this definitely makes the show fake, and once I can see the seams, as it were, it doesn't take long for me to check out.

Exactly. I said the same thing a few episodes okay.  I do not think Ericee likes girls.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I want to like Tania because she's a WOC, but I don't get her.  Why is she pushing Syngin?  It's not like she has a great career herself.  What was she screaming about?

I think what Tania really wants is someone who brings home the money so she can do her activism.    

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

apollo_america.jpg

Actually this is the perfect logo for the new 90 Days spinoff TLC announced today, 90 Days Fight Night!!  In the premier, they have five fights on the card:

Undercard 1:

Andrei vs. Libby's brother

Odds: Andrei  -500

Undercard 2

Tania vs Syngin

Odds: Tania  -200

Undercard 3:

Debbie vs Jess

Odds: Jess  -300

Undercard 4

Kalani vs Asuelo

Odds: Kalani  -150

THE MAIN EVENT

Angela vs Michael

Odds: Angela  -1000

(Boxing odds reference: -200 means you win $1 for every $2 bet)

Edited by Dobian
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

I think what Tania really wants is someone who brings home the money so she can do her activism.    

This is probably pretty close. This is adulthood smashing someone right in their collective groins. It's reality. Yes, when you're sexually obsessed with someone early on in your relationship it's easy to think "this is all going to work out grea," but almost any adult would have heard the red flag warnings in "I want to be maybe a fireman, or actor, or perhaps an opera singer" translate to "I want to be a meandering manchild who thinks he's too big for a wage earning job because that makes me a total corporate plastic SELLOUT, the worst thing on earth." Anyone who heard "Well, come on over and during the 90 day period, I'm going to move to Central America for a month to learn about juices while you live in my mom's shed" and said "wait, does that sound like something an adult will do?" The problem with this romantic idealism of your early twenties is it spoils in a REAL hurry as you go from 25 to 30. Basically you go from "older guy in the bar" to "someone's designated driver" in that time. The two of them are doomed to blow up. 

ETA it's probably right at 26 years old, when you can no longer be covered by your parents' medical benefits, now that I think of it. 

Edited by Uncle JUICE
  • Love 12
12 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

Exactly. I said the same thing a few episodes okay.  I do not think Ericee likes girls.

As I recall, Einstein Eric didn't do his due diligence and scrub his social media before his episodes started to air. 

You are definitely on the right track 😉  

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Persnickety1 said:

As I recall, Einstein Eric didn't do his due diligence and scrub his social media before his episodes started to air. 

You are definitely on the right track 😉  

Oh boy, I need to do some searches!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2