Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E05. Safety Suite #2; Nominations #2

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

I just watched tonight's episode again. I DESPISE Memphis. Look who he picked for "have-nots." He picked the HGs like Ian and Nicole A and David who would be considered "the nerds." He stayed away from "the popular kids." 

And because I can't stand him, he will probably win. Just like last year. The obnoxious hatful dude wins. 

It's interesting to see everyone's perspective. Some come from the perspective of color - he didn't choose anyone of color to be in his alliance. I haven't seen every season of BB but he was on so long ago, maybe he's going with who he knows, and he doesn't know David, Da Vonne or Bayleigh. And he voted off the one person he WAS on BB with and apparently was well-liked - Keesha. 

Here, it's "the nerds." He doesn't really know David or Nicole A, and he's said several times he's after Ian to "avenge" Dan. So, maybe not because he considered them "nerds" but because of something totally different.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, NYCFree said:

No, but there is something that appears to be more than a coincidence in that when he approached Cody for the alliance of six, everyone he named was a blonde. Most of the people he named as those being up for eviction were people of color. Put together, and Memphis deserves a giant side eye.

In addition, what a condescending prick! 

Finally, I love how he’s trying to scam his own alliance and everybody is on to him. All except Christmas and Cody, who believe they are game-playing master minds, but eagerly agree to shoot themselves in the foot.

I have no memory of Memphis, I guess I didn't watch his season.  He owns restaurants?  With his penchant for surrounding himself with pretty  blond people, I wonder what his serving staff looks like.  

He really was acting like, as HOH, the others were his employees. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, tinkerbell said:

I have no memory of Memphis, I guess I didn't watch his season.  He owns restaurants?  With his penchant for surrounding himself with pretty  blond people, I wonder what his serving staff looks like.  

He really was acting like, as HOH, the others were his employees. 

He’s no long a mixologist! This is the one I’ve heard him talk about the most and I believe it’s the one that crazy BB fans are leaving negative reviews.

http://thepokehouse.com

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, nkotb said:

If/when Kaysar & Janelle leave, I'm out. There's no one else I like enough to devote 3 hours of TV/week, plus countless hours following you rockstars on this board.

They are awesome aren't they!? My favorite duo ever the way they went full fore in to Cappy's crew of brainwashed sheep. Yeah, they failed in the end but went down swinging and have earned their spot as BB legends. Now if only they could have gone for the showmance back in the day that we rabid Jaysar fans always wanted. Hope they stick around into the fall.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

So Memphis names about 7-8 people on his hit list, and it happens to include every single person of colour in the house.  Correct?  I don't know this person at all and I really don't like him.

As far as he knows, Memphis is in a six-person alliance with Cody, Tyler, Christmas, Dani and Nicole F. So his possible nominees were literally everyone else but Ian. I don't think it was discriminatory in any other respect.

That said, I always thought Memphis was an asshole during his original season and nothing has changed my opinion of him. Talking about how David needs to "prove" himself to him just goes to show what a smug, self-centered douche bro he still is.

• Love 10
38 minutes ago, illini1959 said:

Here, it's "the nerds." He doesn't really know David or Nicole A, and he's said several times he's after Ian to "avenge" Dan. So, maybe not because he considered them "nerds" but because of something totally different.

Whatever is motivating Memphis's mind, one thing is clear to me. I can't stand the guy. I really despise him. He thinks he is going for revenge for Dan? That is so twisted. And who is he to determine if David should be there? I happen to like David and it should be clear that so does production and THAT is why he is back. I hope David is there when and if Memphis is evicted. Please universe, make that happen. 

I am just bothered by the thought that I think Memphis will win and it will be a rerun of last year when Michey won. On this show, the bad guy always wins (although there have been some  exceptions). 

Memphis needs to go. Then I can start enjoying the show. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Suzysite said:

Memphis comes across as a condescending tool, but I have to somewhat agree that David has no business being an All Star.   He was voted out first on his season and many people are more deserving of that spot.   He seems ok, but if he left I'd be fine with it.

Was he voted out?  I thought he lost a competition.  Personally I would have preferred Ovi of those eliminated early on that season as I felt we got to know him a bit more.  And obviously it you look at that season others lasted much longer such as Christie and Cliff.

But as I said before, I'm not hung up on the word 'Allstars', that's just hype.  Just look at it as a returnee season.  The audience are bound to disagree on who their favourites are from different seasons, there's a huge number of people to choose from.  It's obvious that some are favoured more, such as those who've already appeared multiple times, but that's on the producers favouring them.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, amazingracefan said:

Was he voted out?  I thought he lost a competition.  Personally I would have preferred Ovi of those eliminated early on that season as I felt we got to know him a bit more.  And obviously it you look at that season others lasted much longer such as Christie and Cliff.

But as I said before, I'm not hung up on the word 'Allstars', that's just hype.  Just look at it as a returnee season.  The audience are bound to disagree on who their favourites are from different seasons, there's a huge number of people to choose from.  It's obvious that some are favoured more, such as those who've already appeared multiple times, but that's on the producers favouring them.

IIRC, last season started with Michie being named "Camp Director" and immediately banishing four people, one of whom was David. The four banished contestants then had a contest, with the top three being reinstated to the house. David finished in fourth place and was evicted.

Personally, while I think David definitely got a raw deal, I wouldn't have put him on an All-Star season, but rather invited him back for the first subsequent normal season. As it stands, he's never played the BB game for any length of time and is in a houseful of people who have. The result: he'll probably be gone if he doesn't win Veto this week.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

I just watched tonight's episode again. I DESPISE Memphis. Look who he picked for "have-nots." He picked the HGs like Ian and Nicole A and David who would be considered "the nerds." He stayed away from "the popular kids." 

And because I can't stand him, he will probably win. Just like last year. The obnoxious hatful dude wins. 

Uhhh... no he didn't... lol. Did you even watch the episode? HE had to name one person, then the rest that were have-nots had to pick their replacements. 

And so what if he picked David. I agree, David shouldn't even have been on this season, he is NOT an all-star and proves it every time he fails at a comp. Maybe on a season as a Vet, but even that is a stretch. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Personally, while I think David definitely got a raw deal, I wouldn't have put him on an All-Star season, but rather invited him back for the first subsequent normal season.

That you talk about a 'normal' season being one with a returnee shows how twisted perceptions of what is a normal cast is now.  A normal cast used to be one with all new players.  Now a returnee cast is an 'allstars' cast because it doesn't have any new players.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

Has no one ever told Christmas how atrocious her tattoo looks?

Thank you! I make it a point never to comment negatively on a houseguest's physical appearance, because for the most part it's beyond their control, and anyway, it's irrelevant most of the time. Plus it makes me feel shallow and mean. 

BUT her tattoo drives me crazy! Maybe in person it looks good, but on my TV it looks like someone drew a woman on her arm with marker and then tried unsuccessfully to wipe it off. You can tell Christmas loves it because she only ever wears sleeveless tops. Actually, if I had her physique I probably would too, but all I can ever see is that tattoo. It presses all my buttons. And that is my shallow comment for this season. 

1 hour ago, DakotaLavender said:

Memphis needs to go. Then I can start enjoying the show. 

I don't love Memphis as a person but I'm finding him unexpectedly entertaining, only because as HOH he's behaving in such weird and unexpected ways. Nothing ruins a season for me like people going through the same stale patterns of behaviour, so I appreciate his oddness. 

That said, I thought his final comments to David were incredibly rude and condescending. Way to play the social game, Memphis. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Maverick said:

Memphis did not pick the Have Nots; he only picked David.   As explained in the episode, each outgoing Have Not picks another person to replace them.   Memphis didn't pick Ian or Nicole A.  

You are right about the have-not pickings. HOWEVER, he then went and picked Nicole A for elimination and would have picked Ian if Christmas hadn't saved him.

2 hours ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

Has no one ever told Christmas how atrocious her tattoo looks?

Her ex-boyfriend? Maybe thats why she beat him up.

1 hour ago, DakotaLavender said:

I happen to like David and it should be clear that so does production and THAT is why he is back.  

I wouldn't go as far as to say that production LIKES David (or Nicole A). I think production is just trying to make up for the racist debacle that was BB Camp Comeback and for the bullying that Nicole A got from the Six Shooters and from Bella.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, xKHANx said:

Uhhh... no he didn't... lol. Did you even watch the episode? HE had to name one person, then the rest that were have-nots had to pick their replacements. 

I now realize I made a mistake regarding that and I corrected myself. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, icemiser69 said:

I only watch the televised episodes, not the feeds.  I am only watching what CBS wants me to see.  I have already said in a previous episode thread that I don't like the meathead alliance, and in this thread I made it known that I don't like Memphis either.  That said, I am not in Memphis' head, I don't know what his strategy is, with so many houseguests and so little television time it is hard for me to know where this is headed.

If you are watching the live feeds, you have more information of what is going on in the BB house than I do.  I have no interest in the live feeds.

I don’t watch the feeds either so I don’t know to what you are referring. I was only talking about what we see happen on the episodes. We saw Memphis pick five blondes for an alliance and name all the people of color as possible evictees.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, North of Eden said:

There is no denying it is quite the Aryan looking coalition [Memphis has] put together.

Funny you should say that, as my own personal nickname for Memphis’ group is “Aaryn Nation”.

(Some folks will get that.  😁)

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Yikes.  If he is that bad, holy shit.

Not quite, not yet, but give Memphis a chance; the season’s still young.  😛

ETA: And that tongue-sticking-out emoji looks just a little too cheery for my tastes....

• Love 2
3 hours ago, HartofDixie said:

He’s no long a mixologist! This is the one I’ve heard him talk about the most and I believe it’s the one that crazy BB fans are leaving negative reviews.

http://thepokehouse.com

Actually, Memphis was a "Mixologist" according to the show - he was the only person that season that they used scare quotes around his job title for. Heh.

26 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Funny you should say that, as my own personal nickname for Memphis’ group is “Aaryn Nation”.

(Some folks will get that.  😁)

WicygOe.gif

You know, as many times as I've used that GIF, I've never realized that they changed her name from Aaryn to Aryan on it. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I only watch the televised episodes, not the feeds.  I am only watching what CBS wants me to see.  I have already said in a previous episode thread that I don't like the meathead alliance, and in this thread I made it known that I don't like Memphis either.  That said, I am not in Memphis' head, I don't know what his strategy is, with so many houseguests and so little television time it is hard for me to know where this is headed.

If you are watching the live feeds, you have more information of what is going on in the BB house than I do.  I have no interest in the live feeds.

This was all in the televised episodes.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

WicygOe.gif

You know, as many times as I've used that GIF, I've never realized that they changed her name from Aaryn to Aryan on it. 

Well... considering the VAST majority of my BB15 posts referred to her as Aryan, you were probably already subject to some mental preconditioning to accept that reference.... 😉 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, NYCFree said:

All except Christmas and Cody, who believe they are game-playing master minds, but eagerly agree to shoot themselves in the foot.

Christmas really shouldn’t shoot herself in the good foot.

• LOL 7

Memphis' weird obsession with "avenging" Dan's defeat by Ian reminds me of the time Mike Booger evicted Janelle and said while voting, "This is for Will and Erin" (Will's wife). Mike was still upset from the previous All Stars season when Janelle cast the lone vote to expel Will. So petty and childish but maybe houseguests should start using their on air voting time to announce that they are seeking revenge for--Lawon, or Busto, or Christine, or Aquadouche, or (insert random houseguest's name here). At least we wouldn't have to listen to more birthday greetings for Cousin Sidney or great aunt Shirley or their fourth grade teacher.

• Love 4

Yeah, as soon as he put David up, I knew folks were going to start the same old racist bullshit, just because he chose him for have-nots and then for eviction.  Thanks for not disappointing. 

Memphis REASONING is 100% correct, David is NOT an all-star in any way, shape, or form, and shows it every comp he looses. Telling him he is "at the big boy table" is hardly a racist comment, derogatory yes, but derogatory in referencing his never even having played the game and his ever persistent lack of game/comp play, not his color.  he absolutely does not deserve to be there, period.

I can't wait to see what happens when their 6 person alliance, gets rid of Nichole, Ian, Enzo and Janelle, Will that mean EVERYONE in their alliance is racist solely because the only people left to Nom are PoC?  They already made it demographically unbalanced by trying to appease the social justice warriors by having 4 Black folks and 1 Middle Eastern person on.  That's 25% of the cast as black, yet only 13% of the population, where are the Asians and Latinos? Granted Kevin checks the Black and Asian boxes but does really count for Asian? Where's the Latinos, there has been 46 latino contestants over the years, they couldn't get even a single one for this season? I find that very hard to believe. 

I wasn't aware skin color automatically gets you a pass or rather a shield from everything in BB, but I guess in today's climate, it does now. Good thing Derrick or any of the past cops aren't on this All-Star season, I can only imagine what folks would be saying...

You all make me sad.

IT IS A GAME.

• Love 6

This isn't The Challenge. We don't need to make this into a Rookie vs Vet situation. I remember Dan's season vividly, but I remember nothing about Memphis. Weird. 

Please win the Veto, David. I think he got so screwed last season and really should get the chance to see what he can do. That being said, he really needs to start playing, including being more social and talking to people in the house. I don't watch the live feeds, but the edits have shown him to be pretty invisible thus far. 

• Love 3

Memphis' weird obsession with "avenging" Dan's defeat by Ian reminds me of the time Mike Booger evicted Janelle and said while voting, "This is for Will and Erin" (Will's wife).

Not to defend Memphis or anything but I very much doubt he is "obsessed" with any such thing. It sounded more like a tongue-in-cheek comment he was prompted to make in the DR. His picks for nominations were both fairly easy targets that would make the least amount of waves. Nominating Ian wouldn't have been a huge move either. I'm sure Memphis just wants to win, like everyone else. He probably doesn't give a flip about avenging Dan.

Memphis REASONING is 100% correct, David is NOT an all-star in any way, shape, or form, and shows it every comp he loses.

While I agree it's a stretch to call David an "all-star" I don't think competition losses are the proof of that. All of them have lost competitions. And lots of former HGs have made if far without winning comps too. Heck, Kaysar was first one out on this last HoH comp and he's the biggest all-star in the House, in my estimation.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Hah, yes it's always someone's birthday. Especially Rockstar's daughter.

Didn’t her kid’s birthday end up lasting about 2 or 3 days?  Swear to god - if the birth lasted that long, then by the end of the delivery Crockstar’s vagina probably resembled an old tent.

• LOL 2
9 hours ago, xKHANx said:

Yeah, as soon as he put David up, I knew folks were going to start the same old racist bullshit, just because he chose him for have-nots and then for eviction.  Thanks for not disappointing. 

Memphis REASONING is 100% correct, David is NOT an all-star in any way, shape, or form, and shows it every comp he looses. Telling him he is "at the big boy table" is hardly a racist comment, derogatory yes, but derogatory in referencing his never even having played the game and his ever persistent lack of game/comp play, not his color.  he absolutely does not deserve to be there, period.

I can't wait to see what happens when their 6 person alliance, gets rid of Nichole, Ian, Enzo and Janelle, Will that mean EVERYONE in their alliance is racist solely because the only people left to Nom are PoC?  They already made it demographically unbalanced by trying to appease the social justice warriors by having 4 Black folks and 1 Middle Eastern person on.  That's 25% of the cast as black, yet only 13% of the population, where are the Asians and Latinos? Granted Kevin checks the Black and Asian boxes but does really count for Asian? Where's the Latinos, there has been 46 latino contestants over the years, they couldn't get even a single one for this season? I find that very hard to believe. 

I wasn't aware skin color automatically gets you a pass or rather a shield from everything in BB, but I guess in today's climate, it does now. Good thing Derrick or any of the past cops aren't on this All-Star season, I can only imagine what folks would be saying...

You all make me sad.

IT IS A GAME.

Yes!!! Thank you. 

14 hours ago, xKHANx said:

I haven't seen a single comment in this entire thread where anyone said that Memphis' "playing at the big boy table" comment - or even David's nomination - was racist. The only thing I've seen mentioned is that Memphis' group of targets included every person of color in the house. I don't think anyone used the word "racist" in regards to Memphis either, just that he was getting some skeptical side eye. Totally warranted, IMO. You can disagree, but it doesn't make others' opinions "the same old racist bullshit" just because it's not your personal viewpoint.

1 minute ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, sara416 said:

This isn't The Challenge. We don't need to make this into a Rookie vs Vet situation.

They've had so many mixed seasons of newbies/vets recently it has become like The Challenge.  The producers have been building up some people as the 'stars' and they keep bringing them back.  Some have even appeared on The Challenge, like Da'Vonne I think?

Edited by amazingracefan
16 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Not to defend Memphis or anything but I very much doubt he is "obsessed" with any such thing. It sounded more like a tongue-in-cheek comment he was prompted to make in the DR.

That's possible, people forget that much of the DR sessions are scripted.  There could even be moments outside the DR that are, for example the remark about being a sitting duck in the room full of plastic sitting ducks.

16 hours ago, amazingracefan said:

They've had so many mixed seasons of newbies/vets recently it has become like The Challenge.  The producers have been building up some people as the 'stars' and they keep bringing them back.  Some have even appeared on The Challenge, like Da'Vonne I think?

Yep. Day was on the Challenge, so was Josh (ugh), the twins from a few seasons ago, Bayleigh and Swaggy (ugh again), Fessy, and Kasey (who is way to good of a person for that shit show). 

Edited by sara416
I had more thoughts