Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E05. Safety Suite #2; Nominations #2

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Writing Wrongs said:

This season is sucking so far. Every episode I guess we get another player sob story now. That's not what I tune in for.

Same. 

However, Memphis telling David he was at the big boy table was quite funny. 

I don't like the safety suite. It's boring. 

Edited by Cherry Cola
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

So Memphis names about 7-8 people on his hit list, and it happens to include every single person of colour in the house.  Correct?  I don't know this person at all and I really don't like him.

Really? He should just not pick any black people? Give me a break. 

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, Writing Wrongs said:

So now none of those people can play for safety next time? I didn't understand their strategy in doing this. Did Memphis just scare all of them into wasting their safety?

I don't understand Christmas's thinking in doing this for him........ 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5

I would have been perfectly delighted to see David rise up from that table and slug Memphis right in his smug face. That was a dickhead remark he gave for nomination David. Whoever in the last threat who wrote that they didn't want to see Frat Boys running the game was on target.

BB is famous for its manipulation...well if there was ever a time for them to monkey with things now is that time to break up this huge alliance. Having such a large group with so many members is going to completly sap the entertainment quotient out of the game early on and CBS may get people tuning out if its  foregone conclusion the non alliance members will get picked off like ten little indians.

Now for the #1 thing that bothers me about BB but the producers adamantly cling to year in and year out even though it ruins their own episodes and that is the Diary Rooms cut in during competitions...9 times out of 10 the winner is totally telegraphed by their demeanor. Did anyone really doubt that it wasn't going to be Christmas based on her bouyant DR cuts?

Anyway Nicole if you do go out you wont' be sitting next to Julie but rather 40 away in the next zip code with a mask on as the bitter cherry on top of the eviction.

• Love 14

Christmas posing in the HoH suite after her Safety Suite win: (in her head) I'm awesome, right? I'm totally awesome. I'm the most awesomest person to ever awesome. Tell me I'm awesome. You're going tell me I'm awesome, right? Um... me? Being awesome? Hello? (out loud) That was awesome, right?"
Memphis, basically: "Meh."

They might not have tested positive for COVID but there's a raging case of Win-itis and HoH-itis running through that house. Here's hoping it's catching. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 12
42 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

I know what you are trying to say but I can imagine CBS would be quite happy the longer any stay off the block after the debacle that was last year...some of the worst optics ever seen on BB culminating in the now infamous row of minorities in their cub scout uniforms across from Julie.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 7

Please correct me if I missed something with this conversation but did Ian convince Christmas to save him without having to promise her anything? Like, I seem to remember him saying something like, I can't make any promises to you but if you'd save me I'll .... appreciate it? Lol

• Useful 2
11 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Did anyone really doubt that it wasn't going to be Christmas based on her bouyant DR cuts?

After watching Arbor Day's previous season and the way she acted in the HoH room after she won, I think it was just that they couldn't edit around her being the obvious winner because she's, like, so totally awesome and she's just so good at this game and she's totally awesome. I mean, she did win a foot race on crutches when she had a broken foot. She is just clearly that awesome. Just awesome. 

Awesome no longer looks like a word. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
51 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Was Memphis always a dick?

I feel like he had some charm last time, or at least I thought so. But now I think it was because Dan carried him and did 95% of the work.

I'm liking Memphis less and less every episode, and his face looks more and more punchable.

I wish little Nicole A had more confidence.  Look at Ian. He was savvy enough to work a quiet little deal for himself that paid off.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
34 minutes ago, Samwise979 said:

Da'vonne: where did the 8 come from?! 😂

I think it may have come in somewhere around when you took off your shoes and started using your feet, no?

And yeah Memphis was just dousing himeself in Eau De Jackass today. Total douche. "Yeah, I'm going to be needing you to play in this comp or I may have to nominate you." [/OfficeSpace]

He's really just an asshole with no redeeming quality. After his noms I thought "classic dude bro noms nominating 'outliers'" And while I agree Non-Star David shouldn't be in there and is over his head there's no need to bring that kind of "you're not cool enough and that's why I nommed you" dick energy to your noms, imho.

I was happy that some people especially those in his alliance told him that they weren't willing to burn their Safety Suite power for him this week to benefit next week.

• LOL 2
  • Love 20

Memphis was a dick but far worse had been said in the BB with far less truth and far more hatefulness behind it.  David does need to start playing.  

As for Memphis' clothes, I just noticed tonight he was wearing skinny jeans. I hate skinny jeans on men and agree he needs to be mocked for how ridiculous he looks in them.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I don't have a problem with the more in-depth discussions. These topics are going to be fresh on the housemates minds coming in and they probably haven't had a chance to talk about things with people outside of their bubble.

These discussions about race and things of that nature are being talked about but not as much on national TV for obvious reasons.

I also appreciate humanizing people of color on the show instead of having them be cannon fodder like they have come off as in the past.

I don't have a problem with Memphis targeting who he's targeting either. He doesn't have ties to them. 

All those people throwing away their safety suite option are so dumb. But, Memphis played it well making people feel under pressure.

• Love 15

Memphis is so condescending. I am rooting for David to win. If he manages to not get evicted on Thursday, maybe they can target others. I don't like Nicole A this season. She WAS America's sweetheart but she was wrong to return. I think production wants David in it, so let's see how it goes. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Cherry Cola said:

No, but there is something that appears to be more than a coincidence in that when he approached Cody for the alliance of six, everyone he named was a blonde. Most of the people he named as those being up for eviction were people of color. Put together, and Memphis deserves a giant side eye.

In addition, what a condescending prick! 

Finally, I love how he’s trying to scam his own alliance and everybody is on to him. All except Christmas and Cody, who believe they are game-playing master minds, but eagerly agree to shoot themselves in the foot.

• Love 18

2 hours ago, Suzysite said:

I can really do without Da'vonne's after school special message every episode.  My mute button will be getting a workout.

This is not a new phenomena.  We get to hear the insecurities of contestants every year. People picked on for being nerdy, chubby, poor, an immigrant, gay, etc.  Heck last week Kevin got several minutes of insecurity storyline.  Day’s story is an extremely common one but not often discussed on mainstream TV.   Glad she got her 15 seconds.   

27 minutes ago, NYCFree said:

No, but there is something that appears to be more than a coincidence in that when he approached Cody for the alliance of six, everyone he named was a blonde. Most of the people he named as those being up for eviction were people of color. Put together, and Memphis deserves a giant side eye.

Exactly.  And when he named his six, he said something along the lines of, no one would ever suspect this group....lol.   It was the most obvious grouping in the house.   

• LOL 4
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, toomuchtv said:

I half want Nicole voted out so they can stop using last initials like it’s elementary school.

Or an episode of The Bachelor, them with their twenty Madisons and Ashleys every year.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I just watched tonight's episode again. I DESPISE Memphis. Look who he picked for "have-nots." He picked the HGs like Ian and Nicole A and David who would be considered "the nerds." He stayed away from "the popular kids." 

And because I can't stand him, he will probably win. Just like last year. The obnoxious hatful dude wins. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, NYCFree said:

Memphis deserves a giant side eye.

In addition, what a condescending prick! 

I agree. But I think "his group" is made up of the HGs he thinks are not the "Weiner-dogs." (a nod to Welcome to the Dollhouse.) Memphis seems to be a bully. I would love to see David win. Gosh I am rooting for him. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, NYCFree said:

No, but there is something that appears to be more than a coincidence in that when he approached Cody for the alliance of six, everyone he named was a blonde. 

When he did that I thought he shouldn't have included Cody and they could have called themselves Blonde Ambition. I was all for the grouping, as I was rather proud of my alliance name. (I'm not even blonde!)

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, DakotaLavender said:

I just watched tonight's episode again. I DESPISE Memphis. Look who he picked for "have-nots." He picked the HGs like Ian and Nicole A and David who would be considered "the nerds." He stayed away from "the popular kids." 

And because I can't stand him, he will probably win. Just like last year. The obnoxious hatful dude wins. 

Memphis did not pick the Have Nots; he only picked David.   As explained in the episode, each outgoing Have Not picks another person to replace them.   Memphis didn't pick Ian or Nicole A.  They were already HNs last week with him.   He was just calling on them for their turn to make their pick.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, After7Only said:

This is not a new phenomena.  We get to hear the insecurities of contestants every year. People picked on for being nerdy, chubby, poor, an immigrant, gay, etc.  Heck last week Kevin got several minutes of insecurity storyline.  Day’s story is an extremely common one but not often discussed on mainstream TV.   Glad she got her 15 seconds.   

Agree.  I'm still learning the names, but I believe that Ian spoke about his autism for a long time last week.  I don't recall anyone complaining about that.  But if Da'Vonne speaks about race then it deserves the mute button?  They are human beings, of course they are going to speak as humans do about human issues.

2 hours ago, NYCFree said:

Most of the people he named as those being up for eviction were people of color.

Right, but it was not just people of colour, it was EVERY SINGLE person of colour. And it was not just "black people" like somebody suggested; Kaysar was also included.  That was too outlandish to be a simple coincidence.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 16
25 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Memphis did not pick the Have Nots; he only picked David.   As explained in the episode, each outgoing Have Not picks another person to replace them.   Memphis didn't pick Ian or Nicole A.  They were already HNs last week with him.   He was just calling on them for their turn to make their pick.

Yes, I stand corrected. But I still can't stand Memphis. And why did he say he is going after Ian for revenge for Dan Gheesling? Ian won his season fair and square. 

• Love 7

What an asshole. " You have to prove to me... " No, he doesn't, Memphis. You aren't the BB Arbiter on High. Fuck off.

Loved that just about everyone not in Memphis's alliance immediately went "he wants everyone to do the Safety Suite this week so he's the only one going for it next week".

• Love 16

Memphis and Nicole A. seriously bugged this week.

Memphis' dickishness was off the charts: "HOW DARE Ian not just roll over and let Dan win their season!" and "HOW DARE Nicole not play the specific way I tell her to play!" and  "HOW DARE David be here at all!" Whatever, dude. I'm sure Julie's amused that you now think you run the entire franchise.

Nicole, Nicole, Nicole. Did last season not teach you ANYTHING? These people are not your friends, and this is a competition. Lose the Tammy Faye Bakker crying act whenever you get put up.

If David's still around next week, him naming Memphis as a Have Not may be the single safest bet in the history of competitive gaming.

• Love 17
6 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

Please correct me if I missed something with this conversation but did Ian convince Christmas to save him without having to promise her anything? Like, I seem to remember him saying something like, I can't make any promises to you but if you'd save me I'll .... appreciate it? Lol

I thought there was something mentioned, but they virtually always edit a conversation anyway so it's likely we didn't hear the full details.

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Now for the #1 thing that bothers me about BB but the producers adamantly cling to year in and year out even though it ruins their own episodes and that is the Diary Rooms cut in during competitions...9 times out of 10 the winner is totally telegraphed by their demeanor. Did anyone really doubt that it wasn't going to be Christmas based on her bouyant DR cuts?

What signaled she would win was the deal with Ian beforehand, with the limited time for the episodes in a week they wouldn't put that in unless it meant something.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

So Memphis names about 7-8 people on his hit list, and it happens to include every single person of colour in the house.  Correct?  I don't know this person at all and I really don't like him.

I was never a Memphis fan but I had no idea what a giant asshole he actually is.

The way Memphis looked down his nose and talked to David like he was a child made my blood boil.... I really thought he was gonna call him "boy"

Why is David such a threat??

• Love 20
5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Agree.  I'm still learning the names, but I believe that Ian spoke about his autism for a long time last week.  I don't recall anyone complaining about that.  But if Da'Vonne speaks about race then it deserves the mute button?  They are human beings, of course they are going to speak as humans do about human issues.

Right, but it was not just people of colour, it was EVERY SINGLE person of colour. And it was not just "black people" like somebody suggested; Kaysar was also included.  That was too outlandish to be a simple coincidence.

There is no denying it is quite the Aryan looking coalition he's put together. Whether there is a nefarious underpinning to it or not remains to be seen. At this point though for David outside of a veto I think his best hope is if the other minorities in the house don't feel comfortable using the excuse of "voting what the house wants" to continue the reality show trope of getting rid of as many  of the different people as quickly as possible.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, amazingracefan said:

Da'Vonne, Bayleigh and David are aligned anyway.

Not that I'm a big fan of the Memphis Cody partnership.

So, is this racist of them? 

How about Bayleigh and Da'vonne and their black girl magic? Would that fly if both Nicole's had white girl magic? I think it needs to be fair both ways. It feels racist to me when black women can be proud, but white women can't.  That's where I take issue.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Memphis comes across as a condescending tool, but I have to somewhat agree that David has no business being an All Star.   He was voted out first on his season and many people are more deserving of that spot.   He seems ok, but if he left I'd be fine with it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Cherry Cola said:

How about Bayleigh and Da'vonne and their black girl magic? Would that fly if both Nicole's had white girl magic? I think it needs to be fair both ways. It feels racist to me when black women can be proud, but white women can't.  That's where I take issue.  

The black girl magic alliance is NO different than Enzo and Cody’s Jersey alliance.  Think of Black as culture instead of just race that may help.  If 2 white Italians decided to align and called themselves Italian Stallions, no one would bat an eye.   If Janelle and Nicole decide to call themselves blond bombshells nothing would be said.   I’d venture to say if there were only 2 whites Women, 1 Latino, 1 Arab, and 10 Black people in the house.  A white girl magic alliance would be just fine..lol.   

• Love 9
3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

That's about the size of it.

Given the "real world" commentary within this "reality show" that is going on this season, tptb imo, are making it impossible to not look at everything within this season through a racial lens.  That is a real problem.   People should treat everyone equally, there is not doubt about that, but instead of focusing on what divides people, why not focus on what unites people and build bridges that way?

The problem is that Memphis is acting dicktatorial.   He was being a jerk to just about everyone.  I have no problem with who he puts up, but having the attitude that other houseguests didn't do what he wanted them to and then throwing it their faces and then using that as a reason to put people up for eviction isn't going to play well on any level.

TPTB weren’t the ones that had Memphis gather five blondes for an alliance with Cody (I’m blonde myself by the way). TPTB didn’t have Memphis name every person of color as a possible nominee for eviction. Race is a factor in this house, as it is outside. I prefer that CBS address it, rather than sweep it under the rug as they have tried to do for so many years.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

The black girl magic alliance is NO different than Enzo and Cody’s Jersey alliance.  Think of Black as culture instead of just race that may help.  If 2 white Italians decided to align and called themselves Italian Stallions, no one would bat an eye.   If Janelle and Nicole decide to call themselves blond bombshells nothing would be said.   I’d venture to say if there were only 2 whites Women, 1 Latino, 1 Arab, and 10 Black people in the house.  A white girl magic alliance would be just fine..lol.   

I know this is a serious subject, & I'm not trying to make light of it, but if Nicole was calling herself a blond bombshell, I'd definitely, definitely say something. Kaysar & Janelle could call themselves the pretties pretties who ever prettied, & I'd just eat that up, because it's totally true, but I'd have to draw the line somewhere, & I'd draw it on Nicole being a bombshell. Can we still be friends?? 

If/when Kaysar & Janelle leave, I'm out. There's no one else I like enough to devote 3 hours of TV/week, plus countless hours following you rockstars on this board.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

10 minutes ago, nkotb said:

I know this is a serious subject, & I'm not trying to make light of it, but if Nicole was calling herself a blond bombshell, I'd definitely, definitely say something. Kaysar & Janelle could call themselves the pretties pretties who ever prettied, & I'd just eat that up, because it's totally true, but I'd have to draw the line somewhere, & I'd draw it on Nicole being a bombshell. Can we still be friends?? 

If/when Kaysar & Janelle leave, I'm out. There's no one else I like enough to devote 3 hours of TV/week, plus countless hours following you rockstars on this board.

We can definitely be friends.  I am totally team Pretty Kaysar & Janelle. 

• Love 5