Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Sip and See You Later

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, drivethroo said:
  Reveal spoiler

Yes, remember when Monique invited the girls over to her house and Gizelle and her friend/hairdresser Kal were whispering & snickering in Monique's kitchen? Monique's friend saw them snickering and ran to report to Monique, who threw Gizelle & Kal out for talking about her house while in her house.  This is apparently the friend Monique had (for 20 years) that fell out with her and started the Trainer rumors.

Yes, Monique came on as an aspiring rapper and spit some bars at the first meeting (the "I have 4 homes" meeting).

I.... have no recollection of this!  I think I will need to re-watch Season 2.  Was she any good?  

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I.... have no recollection of this!  I think I will need to re-watch Season 2.  Was she any good?  

Lol !!  actually she was ..

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

they have no problem with them getting physical just look at New Jersey a bitch got grabed by her ponytail and drug around by her hair for like 3 steps in a shop and nobody did shit and Danielle was asked to come to the reunion lol  Or Nene attacking a camera man and ripping shirts off people lol

I definitely have an issue with it, grown ass women need to handle themselves better than that, just walk away.. it so not worth it. Self defense is one thing, but to attack anyone should be off limits.  Serious ground for a lawsuit.  

16 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

She mentioned in the last episode having some tearing in her anus and some other stitches because of the birth. And she mentioned in the episode that the first time they tried it was really painful.

So I think she had some major tearing from the birth that hasn't fully healed yet, which would make sex painful. Also I may be wrong but I think the standard waiting period for a woman to have sex after giving birth is 8 weeks. So three months isn't that long. 

lol. Although Karen's hate for the bird is hilarious.

This bird crap is a stretch.  Who would think she has time for a bird with that cute baby boy to care for. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, byrd said:

I definitely have an issue with it, grown ass women need to handle themselves better than that, just walk away.. it so not worth it. Self defense is one thing, but to attack anyone should be off limits.  Serious ground for a lawsuit.  

I wouldn't be surprised if they all sign contracts stating they won't sue if someone gets physical with them, I guess at least if it's not a life threatening injury.  It's strange because I remember people on Real World and Road Rules were thrown out for "violence."  And the girl who was kicked out of Road Rules was about 5 feet tall and slapped a 6 foot tall white dude who called her the "n" word.

• Love 6
Just now, byrd said:

yea I don't know when the rules for this shit changed it really did used to be that you couldnt touch someone or else u get kicked off the show (looking at you real world ) then it went to Basketball wives territory (the bottles flying at people and jumping across tables to attack) and no one seems to care anymore I think they kinda want it because it brings ratings ... I think its stupid.... you put hands on me I don't attack back bitch I will go after your finances .... lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they all sign contracts stating they won't sue if someone gets physical with them, I guess at least if it's not a life threatening injury.  It's strange because I remember people on Real World and Road Rules were thrown out for "violence."  And the girl who was kicked out of Road Rules was about 5 feet tall and slapped a 6 foot tall white dude who called her the "n" word.

Yes, I agree but I think someone could get seriously hurt and then where would the show be.  When Porsha and  Kenya had the altercation, the fans blamed Andy for not shutting down Kenya fast enough with the bullhorn, she kept poking the bear until Porsha exploded. Andy could have prevented that . Since that time there has been rules in place for physical violence on the show as I understand it, pulling a ponytail ( I believe Danielle Stubbs was let go after that )  and ripping  shirt, which I don't believe Nene meant to do she grabbed his shirt to stop him and it ripped.   These women are hot tempered and sometimes it goes to far . 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

they have no problem with them getting physical just look at New Jersey a bitch got grabed by her ponytail and drug around by her hair for like 3 steps in a shop and nobody did shit and Danielle was asked to come to the reunion lol  Or Nene attacking a camera man and ripping shirts off people lol

Don't forget Ramona throwing a glass at Kristen's face or Brandy pushing Kyle and slapping LVP. Teresa pushing Andy at the reunion. So many examples.

• Love 8

It’s a good thing T’Challa returned home otherwise Karen would have been suspect no. 1 in his being missing!

If Gizelle is serious about this reconciliation than they all need to get some family therapy.

• LOL 7
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, CeceliaBedelia said:

There is definitely something shady with the restaurant gift.  I think the girls were terrified there was a proposal speech in that envelope and Giselle looked upset that there wasn't.

I think you are right.

Gizelle’s girls are the only ones on the episode that don’t deserve a side eye.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I think you are right.

Gizelle’s girls are the only ones on the episode that don’t deserve a side eye.

Also, Restaurants are the hardest businesses to run and keep open even before COVID and I bet Giselle’s oldest knew that, she seems like she might be the smartest one on the cast.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, byrd said:

These women are hot tempered and sometimes it goes to far . 

I think anybody would be hot tempered if they were being filmed 24/7 and had almost no control over the editing.  Not to mention they're doused with alcohol at every event.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I actually appreciated Ashley breastfeeding in front of everyone. Breastfeeding should be normalized and not shamed. If I may be so bold, it should actually be revered. It's totally natural and a woman's super power. I felt for her with Michael at the store. She commented on her body and he mumbled incoherently about getting back to work. What she sees in him ($) is not worth it. And 3 months without sex after birth is totally normal. 

Wendy's twins were so adorable and I really enjoyed the ebo lesson with grandma. Also, her husband is HOT and an attorney. Finally, we have a handsome, presumably intelligent husband based on his profession and the fact that he said 2 words in Potomac.

I felt for Gizelle's daughters. They know their dad ain't sh*t and that gift was totally indicative of his personality. I would feel bad for Gizelle but she's kind of evil and I feel worse for the daughters. 

So glad Robyn wasn't in this episode. I reached for my remote during the split second her bratty son appeared with her running around with her Eeyore voice. Thankfully, it was over before I could ff. 

Karen, LOVE. I love that she is not getting dragged into the petty drama and enjoying her fish. 

Still disappointed in Monique because I used to really like her. I don't like how she's treating Candiace. She even mentioned "icing" her out which we all know is the housewives' "blacklist and get her fired" strategy and this was her friend? That said, Candiace is still annoying but I felt for her when she ran out and I think she actually cried for real this time over the deterioration of her friendship. 

Wendy, I want to like her so bad. On paper, she is black girl magic but somehow it's not translating. I'm actually dumbfounded as to why she would join this shit show when she has so many things going for her. Oh well, as long as we get a lot of screen time of her yummy hubby and her super adorable kids. 

Edited by Rambunctiouscurls
  • Love 11

I like Monique, so this is probably going to be a difficult season for me. It feels like someone is always coming for her.

Charisse usually shows up looking like the cat who swallowed the canary...not a fan.

Karen Huber! Always so busy, computing! Every scene now is Karen with her laptop, on the phone, doing her very demanding La Dame business work, with Ray looking on like "Are you still pretending to be working 24/7" . I love her and cannot wait to see what she does next week.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Rambunctiouscurls said:

I actually appreciated Ashley breastfeeding in front of everyone. Breastfeeding should be normalized and not shamed. If I may be so bold, it should actually be revered. It's totally natural and a woman's super power. I felt for her with Michael at the store. She commented on her body and he mumbled incoherently about getting back to work. What she sees in him ($) is not worth it. And 3 months without sex after birth is totally normal. 

Wendy's twins were so adorable and I really enjoyed the ebo lesson with grandma. Also, her husband is HOT and an attorney. Finally, we have a handsome, presumably intelligent husband based on his profession and the fact that he said 2 words in Potomac.

I felt for Gizelle's daughters. They know their dad ain't sh*t and that gift was totally indicative of his personality. I would feel bad for Gizelle but she's kind of evil and I feel worse for the daughters. 

So glad Robyn wasn't in this episode. I reached for my remote during the split second her bratty son appeared with her running around with her Eeyore voice. Thankfully, it was over before I could ff. 

Karen, LOVE. I love that she is not getting dragged into the petty drama and enjoying her fish. 

Still disappointed in Monique because I used to really like her. I don't like how she's treating Candiace. She even mentioned "icing" her out which we all know is the housewives' "blacklist and get her fired" strategy and this was her friend? That said, Candiace is still annoying but I felt for her when she ran out and I think she actually cried for real this time over the deterioration of her friendship. 

Wendy, I want to like her so bad. On paper, she is black girl magic but somehow it's not translating. I'm actually dumbfounded as to why she would join this shit show when she has so many things going for her. Oh well, as long as we get a lot of screen time of her yummy hubby and her super adorable kids. 

So true about Wendy. She should enjoy her lovely family and her prestigious career...this show will only drag her down.

Robyn's boys treat her like Juan probably treats her in private...with no respect.

4 hours ago, Jel said:

I like Monique, so this is probably going to be a difficult season for me. It feels like someone is always coming for her.

Charisse usually shows up looking like the cat who swallowed the canary...not a fan.

Karen Huber! Always so busy, computing! Every scene now is Karen with her laptop, on the phone, doing her very demanding La Dame business work, with Ray looking on like "Are you still pretending to be working 24/7" . I love her and cannot wait to see what she does next week.

I like Monique as well and am not looking forward to her smack down. Her daughter is adorable, her husband clearly adores her (unlike Juan, Michael, and cheater Jamal), and she has MONEY.

Candiass getting testy with her was giving me flashbacks to when Candiass acted like an auntie to her kids and they were so tight.

I think Monique has a history of her best friends turning on her. Maybe she picks bad friends like some women pick bad men.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I think Monique has a history of her best friends turning on her. Maybe she picks bad friends like some women pick bad men.

If Monique has a history of this, then the problem is with Monique.  I think both her and Candiace are too preoccupied with chasing clout but I think Candiace is better at the game than Monique is.

I think the implied theme of this season will be how an outsider tried to get in, but got put out for good.

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

If Monique has a history of this, then the problem is with Monique.  I think both her and Candiace are too preoccupied with chasing clout but I think Candiace is better at the game than Monique is.

I think the implied theme of this season will be how an outsider tried to get in, but got put out for good.

Yes, at some point you have to notice the common factor in all your failed relationships is you.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Rambunctiouscurls said:

I don't think Wendy's sons are twins.

If Gizelle was/is jealous of Monique because of her four houses, then she's shallow and stupid.

If someone told me they had four homes I'd ask them:

Do you rent them out?

If so, do you have a management company

I hope you're not one of those selfish people who turn homes into Airbnb's that ruins neighborhoods.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think anybody would be hot tempered if they were being filmed 24/7 and had almost no control over the editing.  Not to mention they're doused with alcohol at every event.

" true dat '

8 hours ago, Jel said:

I forgot to comment on how lovely Monique looked in that yellow dress.. clearly a great color for her. l

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, byrd said:

I forgot to comment on how lovely Monique looked in that yellow dress.. clearly a great color for her. l

Agreed...made Robyn and Gizelle look like the ugly frumpy step sisters in comparison.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Agreed...made Robyn and Gizelle look like the ugly frumpy step sisters in comparison.

Robin and Gizelle are older than Monique.

One thing has always bugged me about  Monique and Wendy too now.  It looks like both Monique and Wendy have great lives and husbands and children and homes and money.  WTF are they doing on this show?  

It's not like they didn't know know about the "Housewives franchise."  So are they there to "create a brand" or get a book deal, or maybe a Broadway show like Erika Jayne?  

I don't think that any of these women is more anything than the other because they're both on Real Housewives.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

One thing has always bugged me about  Monique and Wendy too now.  It looks like both Monique and Wendy have great lives and husbands and children and homes and money.  WTF are they doing on this show?  

It's not like they didn't know know about the "Housewives franchise."  So are they there to "create a brand" or get a book deal, or maybe a Broadway show like Erika Jayne?  

I don't think that any of these women is more anything than the other because they're both on Real Housewives.

Robyn is only five years older than Monique.  Gizelle actually looks great for her age. She is a beautiful woman but her style choices and her personality make her unattractive.

I have no idea why these women with such perfect lives need something as low rent as this. In Beverly Hills, I could never figure out why the Hell women like Lisa V would debase themselves for something so trashy as a howife show.

My guess is a lot of howives are failed actresses and models that hunger for the fame. Also, I think Monique is driven to build some kind of brand for herself that is independent of being the beautiful wife of a former football star. I do not think she is a trophy wife, but she is an ambitious person who probably is still pining a tiny bit for her failed rap career.

Run, Wendy...far and fast. 

• Love 9

The scene with Giselle, Jamal and the three girls seemed forced and was unsettling to watch. None of them looked comfortable. There is obviously something going on with this family. If it’s true that Jamal has recently fathered a child with someone else, why on earth would Giselle reconcile with him? Why would this not be mentioned by any of the the women in the THs? We know these women are fine with throwing shade, so why keep this off tv? Is there a different standard for Giselle?

Poor Ashley has so much anxiety about baby Dean. I hope she is better now. 

I still can’t stand Candiace, but I don’t blame her for leaving. I probably would’ve done the same thing. 

Wendy is full of herself and not fun to watch. 

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't think Wendy's sons are twins.

They aren't. There is the same two year age difference between Wendy's sons as between Monique's older son and daughter. 😲

Clearly second son has been fueling up on the joloff rice...

40 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

What does that mean?  What should a person be full of, in not themselves?

She seems conceited to me. Nothing new as many of the HWs are but I don’t find Wendy’s personality engaging. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 9
On 8/17/2020 at 11:45 PM, biakbiak said:

He also has an MBA and owns a Business Management/Consulting firm.

Why would a couple as accomplished as Wendy and her husband agree to do this show? No one’s reputation or personal brand has improved by being on a reality TV show that encourages drama. I can only assume they need the money or are attention seekers. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

I can't figure this whole Gizelle/Jamal situation out.  I like Gizelle, I don't care that she's a mean girl and an obvious shit stirrer.  She's a character on tv, not a real person UNTIL it comes to her kids.  If she is doing this whole thing literally just for a storyline, then I can't get down with that.  Even if she had a regular fake boyfriend for a storyline, I still would barely care, but doing it with their father? That's fraught even if it's true.

FWIW, I have a similar perspective to her girls in that my parents also divorced before I starting forming memories.  I literally have no memory of my parents ever being a couple.  So I think one of the things going on for them is that it's this is MY dad and MY mom.  They have never known MY mom and MY dad to have a relationship with each other, so it feels all kinds of weird.  The best way I can describe it to someone who wasn't raised that way is if you had a best friend at school and a best friend in the neighborhood, and then somehow they became besties outside of you.  I honestly hated my parents even being in the same room, and I would have lost my ever-lovin' shit if they had dated.  So, if she is going this for a storyline?  She'll be dead to me.  Because that's real life.

Ashley's boobies didn't bother me a bit.  They were being used for their normal, primary biological purpose.  Fuck the patriarchy! lol

I'm also feeling confused, because I like Monique and I hate Candiace.  But I kinda felt like maybe Candiace was a slightly tiny bit in the right?  And those high waisted pants were on point, can't say a damn thing there.  I feel weird and uncomfortable.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

For the love of all things Holy, please! no one disturb Karen Huber, who is probably very busy right now, computing (ie watching intently to see if the website numbers tick up)! Or on the phone doing her demanding La Dame business! Maybe both!

Then once that website order number ticks up, she'll be busy yelling for her assistant to get a padded envelope because they have some mailing to do!

She's also busy holding pens, and her phone, at the same time!

• LOL 10
On 8/16/2020 at 10:50 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Ashley still can’t have sex with Michael three months after birth???  Is that normal?  

She said she suffered a tear...down there.  I can relate.  I had to have an episiotomy with my firstborn.  The stitches I had made it feel like I was sitting on a cactus all the time.  It took a very long time to heal even with sitz baths. Just so uncomfortable.  Sex was definitely out of the question for a few months.  

• Love 5
On 8/17/2020 at 3:48 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Or Ramona from New York throwing a glass of wine and hitting a cast mate in the face.  She even bled.   And don't forget Teresa even manhandled Andy Cohen at one of their reunions.  

Oops!  Boofish, you beat me to the punch! 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by swankie
Added a comment.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 8/18/2020 at 12:33 PM, drivethroo said:

I'm not 100 % sure what chasing clout is, but if it means attaining money Monique clearly has Candiace beat marriagewise.  Candiace married a man who doesn't have a pot to piss in.  Without her mother's help they couldn't even buy their own house.  Monique is clearly the richest Potomac housewife.

• Love 5

Finally caught the episode. Um, so about Wendy's mama, is she bleaching or is it a case of poor foundation matching? My money's on bleach. I did appreciate her teaching her grandsons Igbo. I love when language is passed on to the next generation. 

I don't care for high-waist pants, but those white ones that Candiace had on were great. They were very flattering. It's the best outfit I've seen her in so far. 

Monique is still my girl, but sis was not coming across well in this episode. The snippiness and passive aggressiveness towards Candiace was unbecoming.  I didn't blame Candiace for leaving, I would've done the same. We're either going to talk or leave me alone. No one wants to walk into an ambush. 

Most uncomfortable scene was definitely between Gizelle, Jamal, and their kids. I don't know if the girls are uncomfortable being on camera or they just have their dad's number and know this reconciliation is full of shit, but I had to look away at some parts. "Gifting" them a restaurant when they're not legally able to handle the day to day upkeep or make decisions sounds like a front. I wouldn't put it past Jamal to do shady shit like that. A higher level equivalent of putting your bills in your child's name. 

T'Challa is Tweety to Karen's Sylvester. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 8/19/2020 at 2:51 PM, Sweet-tea said:

She seems conceited to me. Nothing new as many of the HWs are but I don’t find Wendy’s personality engaging. 

I agree. I'm all about supporting black women's accomplishments, However, she comes off like she thinks she's better than others. Also, I hate when new people come into the group making judgments without knowing the whole story. 

On a shallow note: What is with Gizelle's wardrobe? Is she trying hide a weight gain or something? Her and Robin looking so frumpy lately. It's not about age or being a mother. You are paid to be on national tv lol.  Meanwhile, Karen always delivering a look. Ashley, Monique looked so good and Can-dyass looked nice as well.

I really like Monique but I found her wanting to ice Can-dyass out of the group to be every high school childish. Also it was very suspicious that she would not talk about Charisse's supposed did/said to her in front of the cameras. Like she's afraid of Charisse having receipts.

Can-dyass - wanting to speak to Ashley alone. Normally I would say that very mature but the fact that she Publicly dragged Ashley makes a Public resolution more appropriate. 

• Love 5

I hope Wendy isn't one of those West Africans who look down their noses on black Americans.  People like that piss me off because they have NO IDEA what black Americans had to deal with in the USA, after slavery (see Tulsa/Rosewood riots), many of them have attitudes like, "why don't you pull yourselves up by your bootstraps?". And then take the affirmative action slots that were meant for people whose ancestors were hobbled by slavery.  Hope Wendy isn't like that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I hope Wendy isn't one of those West Africans who look down their noses on black Americans.  People like that piss me off because they have NO IDEA what black Americans had to deal with in the USA, after slavery (see Tulsa/Rosewood riots), many of them have attitudes like, "why don't you pull yourselves up by your bootstraps?". And then take the affirmative action slots that were meant for people whose ancestors were hobbled by slavery.  Hope Wendy isn't like that.

I hope not, but I would not be surprised. Her Mom called her husband the "The Lost Ones" because he grew up in America and didn't know their language. So that wouldn't be a big jump. I'm sure Windy will forcefully announce her views either way lol.

• Love 3
On 8/18/2020 at 3:51 PM, Neurochick said:

They all want a piece of the pie at any cost . If they can remain popular enough and the shows rating are high , the salary increase would be off the chain. They ain't turning nothing down, Now Nene, Porsha and Cynthia and Kandi and now Kenya maybe are among the highest paid along with Theresa, Ramona and LuAnn also Orange County . Not everyone makes the million mark.. Think of it this way , Kandi Burris and Lisa Vanderpump were the richest housewives and they still opted to be on the show, but what I like is how they including Nene and a Porsha ,and Cynthia  turned this into a platform to open new businesses and promote the ones they already had. 

Edited by byrd
  • Love 1
On 8/16/2020 at 7:12 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

You gave your 13/14 yo daughters a restaurant? Why? Have they shown any interest in wanting to run a restaurant at that young age ? I’m confused on this “gift” 

I was just telling my sister that I think that making the underage daughters "owners" is probably a way to dodge liability and taxes.  That restaurant doesn't look like something passed down through the family and its in a completely different state.  I also just think Jamal is sleazy. 

• Love 1
On 8/17/2020 at 6:18 PM, Marley said:

Jamal comes off so slimy. 

Yes ma'am

On 8/17/2020 at 8:45 PM, biakbiak said:

He also has an MBA and owns a Business Management/Consulting firm.

So, I'm nosy and looked on his LinedIn.  

He appears to be working at a law firm?  His educational pedigree is very impressive, she has a JD from Rutguers and an LLM in tax  from Georgetown.  Conventional wisdom is that its only worth getting an LLM if its in tax.  

Tax attorneys make SOOOOOOOOOO much money.  But there are SOOOOO many numbers.  Too much!  I like to keep my law and my math separate! 

I only skimmed the business website, it sounds like it has something to do with influencers and bloggers?  Maybe he was hoping to catch some business with the exposure on this show?

On 8/21/2020 at 11:04 AM, Sheenieb said:

Finally caught the episode. Um, so about Wendy's mama, is she bleaching or is it a case of poor foundation matching? My money's on bleach. I did appreciate her teaching her grandsons Igbo. I love when language is passed on to the next generation. 

Her face looked bleached.   You can tell the difference between bleached skin and naturally light skin. I watched a documentary about the prevalence of skin bleaching in South Africa.  It was so very, very sad.  

On 8/17/2020 at 7:14 PM, biakbiak said:

It’s a good thing T’Challa returned home otherwise Karen would have been suspect no. 1 in his being missing!

If Gizelle is serious about this reconciliation than they all need to get some family therapy.

I still get a kick out of Karen and love that she called him "Cha-chappa". 

Gizelle is stupid to subject her daughters to this story line. I've realized that I don't enjoy anything about her now and wish she'd just vanish from this show.

• Love 3
On 9/16/2020 at 11:54 AM, RealReality said:

I was just telling my sister that I think that making the underage daughters "owners" is probably a way to dodge liability and taxes.  That restaurant doesn't look like something passed down through the family and its in a completely different state.  I also just think Jamal is sleazy. 

Sleazy with a Z! And it seems like he/the girls aren’t even full owners, just partners. He’s gonna make them wash dishes and play at being hostess and then pay them peanuts and tell them, “This is what you’d make in the real world. Aren’t you lucky your daddy gave you a 1/1,000th share. Here’s your quarterly take: $50!”

Can’t believe Gizelle couldn’t find a decent guy to play this season’s potential future husband. At least her daughters would have been in on the fake storyline and just smiled and played along. I don’t like Jamal. I don’t like seeing their interactions with Jamal. It looks like they really fear their dad and mom will get back together. 

Edited by RedHawk
Typos!