Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: There's No Place Like Home

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Sue Anne said:

Sandy acted as if the medicine were illegal because Hannah had no prescription.  

If that were the case, though, why would she return the Valium  to Hannah before Hannah left?

Imagine if Hannah actually had something like cocaine or if her Valium had someone else's name on the prescription.  Sandy would not just have given it back to Hannah to walk off the boat with.  She would follow whatever procedures "Maritime Law" dictated- lock it up for evidence, turn it in to authorities, etc.  

After all her attitude about the severity of Hannah's "drug possession,"  she just handed it back to her to keep.   

That is a GREAT point, that never even crossed my mind.  To take it a bit further, if she truly believed they were illegal (including the CBD pen aka "pot pen")  then Sandy just made herself an accessory and perhaps a supplier.

I just watched a short video (1st of 5) on Bravotv.com with Sandy again trying to explain away what she did.  Once again she mentioned zero tolerance and that NO ONE can take ANY drugs while on board because of "maritime law" (you know the one she made up in her head).  Does she forget we've been watching and know for certain this hasn't been an issue with other crew members INCLUDING her own crew.  She can not say "well that was under Capt. Lee" or that was on Sailing Yacht, or any other justification she may come up with.  IN FACT, just 5 or 6 episodes ago, Jess broke her finger came back and got right back to work immediately, you can not tell me she wasn't on pain meds for at least a day or two after that.

https://www.bravotv.com/below-deck-mediterranean-after-show/season-5/videos/captain-sandy-yawn-explains-she-was-just

• Love 8
18 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Bravo always seems to miscalculate who is popular.

They thought that the complaining about Hannah on social media and these boards would translate to glee at seeing her destroyed by being falsely portrayed as a drug abuser.

Instead most people are fair and they are outraged by someone having their personal possessions searched, being followed into the bathroom and being shamed because of mental health issues.

They have destroyed Sandy and Malia’s for most of us. Good riddance.

Please give us a new Captain next year.

Well said.

What's interesting about Hannah is that she never seemed as popular as Kate and I think many agree she wasn't stellar at her job.  Heck, even the title of Hannah's thread on this board says it all.  "Hannah: Hates Her Job and it Shows" (hysterical, though).

But, I think how they handled the entire season which culminated in last week's joke was so egregious that even many of those who don't care for Hannah felt for her.

Captain Sandy came at Hannah from just about every direction the entire season - first with Malia, then Bugsy, the bunks, firing her for not disclosing prescription meds, etc. It was so wierd that I can't help but think it was all planned prior to the start of the season.

Colin posted this on Twitter prior to the termination.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 12

I think this producer is freaking out and worried about her job! More damage control lol. They think we really are so clueless we buy this.  Love how this even admits Kiko agreed to leave before Sandy “had to let him go” as she is so fond of saying.  She so wanted to fire someone, but again...after being a terrible boss he gave up and moved on.  Good for him.  https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/below-deck-med-producer-insists-chef-tom-was-not-a-plant.html/

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Onecattoo said:

I think this producer is freaking out and worried about her job! More damage control lol. They think we really are so clueless we buy this.  Love how this even admits Kiko agreed to leave before Sandy “had to let him go” as she is so fond of saying.  She so wanted to fire someone, but again...after being a terrible boss he gave up and moved on.  Good for him.  https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/below-deck-med-producer-insists-chef-tom-was-not-a-plant.html/

That article just made me angrier than I already was. So the producer they interviewed said that two other replacement stews fell through so they had to bring in Bugsy. The replacement chef also fell through so they had to use Tom. Are we really supposed to believe all these other people fell through? And also that Bugsy was really only their third choice for a replacement stew. Such bullshit.

The producer also said that Kiko missed preparing a couple crew meals and made lots of other mistakes that they didn't show. Interesting that none of these other mistakes made it on camera, considering the producers must have had lots of airtime to fill when they edited out Pete. More bullshit.

Finally the producer said that Kiko forced Sandy's hand because he said, "After the charter, then I leave." As if that statement meant he was quitting.  As I remember it, Kiko said that as a question to Sandy, not a statement. And he asked it after she completely reamed him out in front of everyone. There was no forced hand. All Sandy had to say was, "No, you don't have to leave. Just try harder."

• Love 24
On 8/19/2020 at 12:44 AM, candle96 said:

As far as I could tell, he made some remark about "well, guess I'll have to throw out the potatoes too" and Bugsy did just that - put the potatoes in the garbage.  But turns out he was just being sarcastic/complaining and so then he yelled at Bugsy for doing what he said

This should be fun to watch him the next few weeks. Kind of hoping he blames Malia and dumps her!  When he was complaining to Malia about this being a mistake, I'm wondering if it didn't have to do with remaking the food as much as being on reality tv  and possibly having his food and relationships with others be subjected to producer shenanigans. I wasn't convinced all those problems with dinner and the guests sprung about organically. (even though they do seem like awful guests. That older chatty guy was disgusting!)

I so loved watching his meltdown and can't wait for the rest.  And I hope he dumps Malia who somehow thinks their short long distance relationship equals her being his "partner." 

• Love 1
On 8/20/2020 at 10:48 PM, Jack Sampson said:

Us when Sandy gets fired.

t0vwVWA.gif

I seriously doubt anyone will be fired other than Hannah.  Having a female captain is good PR for the network.  And a lesbian, no less.  Captain Sandy ain't going anywhere.

I'd put money on Malia coming back for at least one more season.  The formula for both Below Decks has been a strong captain + strong stew, but I suspect they were hoping to switch it up and make it a strong captain + strong bosun with Malia.  This may be happening with Captain Lee, too, given Kate's departure.  

I think Bravo will give Malia a re-do to see if she can capture viewer affection better.  Time will have passed given covid and people will have calmed down quite a bit before the next season airs.

• Useful 1

I think Malia has passed the point of no return.

She is hated by a significant majority of the fans in a way few Bravo characters have been despised.

Sandy might survive but it would be a lot smarter to bring in a different Captain. If there is a quota then bring in another woman. There must be more than one in yachting.

• Love 9
On 8/20/2020 at 10:46 PM, Fostersmom said:

Yeah, she's obsessed with the stupid puppy filter. She's used it in few of her Insta stories. And so much for not allowing comments on her Instagram. Her latest post is her fucking around with COTTON CANDY!!! and there are comments.... only ass kissing comments like yummy though. 

Barf!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I think Malia has passed the point of no return.

She is hated by a significant majority of the fans in a way few Bravo characters have been despised.

Sandy might survive but it would be a lot smarter to bring in a different Captain. If there is a quota then bring in another woman. There must be more than one in yachting.

Malia is TBD. She was pretty icky again tonight.  She is so dang smug and overcompensates far too much.  

I read an interview with Malia's boyfriend.....I didn't think to save the link.  He said female captains aren't that plentiful, and when asked about Sandy's management style, he said it was "definately different".  He said she's in between a new captain who is a bit nervous and an experienced captain who takes things in stride.  He didn't insult her, but he didn't compliment her.  I took it that "definately different" was a nice way to say he didn't care for her style - but that was just my interpretation.

I read somewhere else (again, no link), Sandy's ultimate goal is to get a movie deal based on the time she was attacked by pirates.  I could see her walking away from the show if that were to happen.  

On 8/24/2020 at 8:02 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

Did you ever think there's a reason there needs to be a quota in the first place.....  

I had no problem with Sandy firing Hannah. What she did was illegal. Period. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Grrarrggh said:

What she did was illegal. Period. 

It actually wasn’t. Period. And even Sandy now says (one of her many different stories) that she didn’t fire her over the Valium.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It actually wasn’t. Period. And even Sandy now says (one of her many different stories) that she didn’t fire her over the Valium.

If that's true then that sucks. But at the same time, for all we know Hannah signed off on the storyline made up by production..... 

7 minutes ago, Grrarrggh said:

If that's true then that sucks. But at the same time, for all we know Hannah signed off on the storyline made up by production..... 

Well we have a ton of her interviews stating her side and defending herself and talking about how she was so nervous how she would be portrayed and production, Sandy and Malia all being caught off guard and changing their stories a bunch.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Well we have a ton of her interviews stating her side and defending herself and talking about how she was so nervous how she would be portrayed and production, Sandy and Malia all being caught off guard and changing their stories a bunch.

Yikes, it's incredible how different the programme is when you just watch the hour don't read or watch anything extra. Reality, sure 🙄

On 8/25/2020 at 12:31 AM, Jextella said:

I read somewhere else (again, no link), Sandy's ultimate goal is to get a movie deal based on the time she was attacked by pirates.  I could see her walking away from the show if that were to happen.  

Raise your hand if you'd watch this movie.  (Spoiler:  I wouldn't.)

• Love 2
On 8/19/2020 at 10:41 AM, AryasMum said:

It says it is to aid sleep

I don't know about Australia, but here in the US with our f'd up healthcare, doctors will sometimes prescribe meds like the "for sleep"  to avoid having to log a diagnosis of anxiety disorder--which can drive up your rates, affect coverage etc.

Edited by glitterpussy
  • Love 2

Watching that snake bitch Malia telling the deck crew that they need to stick together was priceless!

What a double faced, false, backstabber she is. And then playing stupid in front of Hannah!

Shame on Malia and captain Sandy and Bravo for treating a person like this. There are different ways to handle problems like this and they do not all include termination.

Again, this is the most disgusting, bullshit season of bellow deck ever. Simply, too many females in leading positions, and it clearly shows because of their lack of leadership. To me, this is all sexist shit.

Before, it was fun for me to watch Below deck, but now I feel the need to throw up when I see the false, backstabbing faces of Malia and wannabe TV star Captain Sandy who takes every chance to put people down or rat on them.

Of course it was payback when Malia reported Hannah. Otherwise she would’ve told Sandy straight after the panic attack. But she didn’t. It was straight after the cabin swapping argument. Malia has already showed us that she hasn’t got any morals by sleazing around with two crew members at the same time. She needed up choosing the guy that she could use to advance her career. Bugsy back-stabs too.