Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: There's No Place Like Home

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

EDIT 2: Can anyone find the article confirming Sandy's claim about a ship from the Bahamas being seized over 1 joint?

Sort of. This article is from 1988. It says:

In one highly publicized case, the Ark Royal, a $2.5-million yacht owned by an Irvine firm, was seized in the Yucatan Channel, 260 miles southwest of Key West, after Coast Guard officers who boarded for a routine documents check found one-tenth of an ounce of marijuana in a trash can and a drawer.

And on Saturday, the luxury yacht Monkey Business, which former presidential candidate Gary Hart once used for a trip to the Bahamas with model Donna Rice, was back in the news when it was confiscated by Coast Guard officers who found 1/28 of an ounce of marijuana aboard.

Again, what Sandy and Malia are saying about loss of licenses and boats being conficated is true, but it has to do with illegal drugs, not prescription medicine. Even if Hannah had an illegal substance, which she didn't, the regulations say the boat can't have it onboard, not that the person holding it must be removed.

Malia's smug face as she tried to justify her rotten behavior was punch worthy. If she's being roasted on Twitter it means people aren't buying her excuse. That partially restores my faith in humanity.

• Useful 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, Passing Strange said:

In one highly publicized case, the Ark Royal, a $2.5-million yacht owned by an Irvine firm, was seized in the Yucatan Channel, 260 miles southwest of Key West, after Coast Guard officers who boarded for a routine documents check found one-tenth of an ounce of marijuana in a trash can and a drawer.

The article also says "the Ark Royal was released after the owner paid $1,600 in fines".  So, back in the 80s, during the war on drugs, they might give you a fine and release the boat.  Sandy makes it sound like the boat is permanently seized, auctioned off and everyone loses their licenses. 

11 minutes ago, Passing Strange said:

Malia's smug face as she tried to justify her rotten behavior was punch worthy. If she's being roasted on Twitter it means people aren't buying her excuse. That partially restores my faith in humanity.

The way Malia was standing around acting like she had no idea what was going on was sickening. 

• Love 24
18 minutes ago, Passing Strange said:

Again, what Sandy and Malia are saying about loss of licenses and boats being conficated is true, but it has to do with illegal drugs, not prescription medicine. Even if Hannah had an illegal substance, which she didn't, the regulations say the boat can't have it onboard, not that the person holding it must be removed.

She uses that? an incident from 1988, you would think in this day and age of rampant drug and prescription use there would be a lot more she could have reamed off 🙄

• Love 9

The pill box with the RX label on it in Hannah’s twitter does not appear to be the same pill box she gave to Sandy where she states she doesn’t have an RX.  Bravo frequently messes with storylines.  I’m not clear if Hannah is in on it this time.

I hate these charter guests and am so happy Kiko is not having to deal with them.  They are so gross.

962D61D7-3CC6-4295-B084-56CD963A53CF.jpeg

EB764E25-5429-45A3-9E7A-897C262DFAC1.jpeg

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Jobiska said:

It looks the same to me--just upside-down and blurry in Sandy's hand, so the green cross looks like a blob, her hand is covering up the heart, the bar code is near the bottom instead of the top, and whatever that little rectangle is is cropped out of Hannah's photo.

You might be right.  The missing heart was why I thought it wasn’t the same, but Sandy’s hand could be covering it.

• Love 5

the label IS the prescription

It is actually made of paper even! and then taped to the bottle. Like who in the natural fuck is Bravo et al trying to bullshit! All the info is there prescribing Dr, dose, pharmacy # all Sandy had to do was let her fingers do the walking on her little handheld computer to verify the script/dosage. But she's been jealous of Hannah for three seasons at least so here we are.

Automatically firing someone for having drugs onboard is NOT maritime law nor is it part of Bravo contracts - both of those excuses have been debunked by us and ex cast members. 

Louder for those in the back. Don't wear yourself out trying to trump up some legitimate reason Bravo/Sandy/Malia did Hannah like this, because there is none at least re: her use of prescribed valium and cbd/lack of declaration. I still believe Hannah's exit/firing was lightly sketched out and that production and her incredibly thirsty cast mates chose to do it like this was the only real surprise. I'm glad she's now living her best life and starting a business with Anastasia, there's two ladies I can unequivocally root for as bosses.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 17
55 minutes ago, endure said:

She uses that? an incident from 1988, you would think in this day and age of rampant drug and prescription use there would be a lot more she could have reamed off 🙄

I'm not Sandy, so I want to be fair. That was an article I found in a quick search. Sandy could have a more recent reference.

Now I feel dirty for supporting Sandy.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Why with all of the questions asked and answered by Hannah didn't the interviewer ask her about Sandy demanding the prescription? I still don't understand why Hannah didn't say to Sandy you have the prescription in your hand. Look at the back of the box. And I call BS n Malia claiming that she was not allowed to take a Benadryl for an allergic reaction until a nurse gave permission.  Chances are the captain of the boat called the insurance company spoke with a nurse, sent pictures and the nurse said to give her a Benadryl. That's different from needing permission.  Remember on season 4 of Below Deck Kyle ate some seafood and had an allergic reaction. Didn't Ben or Kate give him a Benadryl? I don't remember the Captain getting involved. I am still confused about the 2 different captains working for the same production company handling the prescription anxiety meds differently. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, GirlInFlux said:

Then she follows Hannah to the dock expecting what? Hannah to beg for her job back? I’m sure the rules allow discretion in these situations so if Sandy wanted to keep Hannah she could have said “Okay. Let’s put the Valium in the medicine cabinet in my quarters. If you need it, I’ll dispense it.

For all Tom’s experience and having worked with Gordon Ramsay he sure did buckle under pressure quickly.

Sandy was in just trying to get more air time and do damage control.  It was a strange exchange on the dock.

Sandy: You think I don't care about you?

Hannah: Yes.

Sandy: Fine.  Now, officially, I don't fucking care.

Sandy sounds like a Hollywood producer who was just told by the young starlet that she wouldn't sleep with him for a role.  Nice until she was rejected, then Hannah was immediately dead to her.

Anybody know what Tom's actual position was for Ramsay?

11 hours ago, GreyBunny said:

One can hope

1FD63F30-027C-47D9-9FBB-A704E4BE41AD.jpeg

Sandy's concentrating on looking upset for the cameras.  Notice how the 1st mate isn't even interacting with her. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
11 hours ago, albarino said:

I have zero doubt anybody at Bravo cares but the number of their shows in the ash heap for me are approaching those I continue to watch.

After reading this, I have double checked my DVR Series Manager.  Only two Bravo series left:  Original Recipe Below Deck and Vanderpump Rules (both of which are on REAL thin ice with me at this point).  I remember a time when fully 25% of the DVR Series were Bravo.  

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

Sandy's concentrating on looking upset for the cameras.  Notice how the 1st mate isn't even interacting with her. 

I mean, I get the deserved hate for what Sandy's done but sometimes the telepathy's a little much.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, GreyBunny said:
8 hours ago, elsie said:

The new charter guests are repulsive.

When they complained about Tom’s cooking, all was forgiven

That was my favorite part.  It seems that being a chef on a ship is like being a line cook with culinary arts experience.  It's not like they are eager to try a Michelin Star chef at his restaurant but rather they want to make him squirm and discredit him at all cost.  Him saying Malia tricked him and this chef-on-boat situation could ruin him.  Looks like uncle just might take a turn for the worse.

Watched the season with Wes and Adam.  She hooked up with Adam because he has been on charter but realizes that the Bosun would be a better way up the ladder and it was.  Wes made her top decksider.

Now she thought bringing in her boyfriend as a "team" would advance her and it looks like that just bombed.  If I was her boyfriend I might worry about the next captain...............

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, antfitz said:

I would think I captain taking adderall is not a good idea.

I think you're about the only one that feels that way.

I agree! Maybe the Adderall is why she's always running around getting in people's business.  And why should Hannah have to lug three suitcases to the dock. That's what the deck crew does and I doubt they minded.

Glad Malia is getting it on social media. She's a despicable human being. Wonder what Tom thinks of her underhanded ways. So glad that Hannah handled everything with such grace.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, BlueHawk said:

& even if a patient is already on opiates for management of chronic pain the new physician will reduce the dosage to what the DEA says is maximum which is much less effective for many. Currently no consideration is given to differences in tolerance, body size,, ect so that people who were able to have a pretty normal life with controlled discomfort are no longer free of pain .The reason given for no longer prescribing benzodiazepines and opiates together is they both depress breathing so the thinking is the risk of death is increased. Hospitals will treat patients much more liberally and effectively when they're admitted. Opiates as needed awa  the  benzo family. But when patients leave they're back to lower dosages. Also chronic pain patients taking opiates are now supposed to keep  Narcan on hand. Things are indeed a mess...

I wish they would give my husband narcan, but it has never even been suggested here in fl. He has been one one opioid (or 2) for. 13 years now and he has never had problems with his opioids being reduced. He had an ascending aortic dissection, the same thing that killed John Ritter.   Doctors can easily see his chest incisions, skin graft scars, fascitomy scars Etc. There is never a question that his need is real. They have also never had an issue giving him meds like valium with his opioids. I truly believe he would kill himself if they cut off his pain meds

And what Sandy and some people dont seem to get is  that her valium, and my husbands Oxy, dont make them high. They keep them normal. I would have a much stronger reaction to valium or oxy than they would. Im sure Sandy would see my husband as a drug addict rather than a survivor

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
21 minutes ago, politichick said:

And why should Hannah have to lug three suitcases to the dock. That's what the deck crew does and I doubt they minded.

It didn't look like anyone minded that she was leaving either.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, dleighg said:

He poached the lobster for TWO HOURS? I guess maybe really low heat; otherwise it would be rubber. I'm not sure in that case that it guarantees that it's not undercooked. Raw looks different than cooked; the guests were jerks, but they all seemed to find it undercooked. Of course maybe they are used to wildly overcooked lobster.

I was thinking the same thing - maybe the dumbass forgot to turn the burner on. I hope this falls on Malia, because she was the one that pushed him for the job

giphy.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Hannah not coming back is not the deal breaker for me.  It will be if Malia and/or Sandy come back that will be the end.  The captain should not be the star of the show and that is what Sandy has always desired.  

Even if one were to believe that Sandy had no choice, but to fire Hannah, her treatment of Hannah while Hannah was trying to digest what had just happened (when she was on the dock) was just downright nasty.  Her repeatedly discussing the issue with Malia was completely unprofessional and nasty.  

I recently watched Malia’s first season and she was downright nasty then too.  She has a very overinflated ego about her looks.  She had Wes, Adam and Bobby panting after her.  I liked Wes well enough, but Bobby and Adam aren’t exactly catches.  I sensed that Malia was most comfortable going after people that weren’t part of the cool crowd.  It happened in her first season (she went after the 3rd stew for gossiping after she’d kissed Adam/Wes the same night) and it happened this season.  Hannah clearly wasn’t tight with this group; particularly after KIKO left.

Edited by AttackTurtle
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
15 hours ago, nytonc said:

Fucking Sandy! What if she overdosed?? Idiot. I have to say tho, if Hannah knew that bringing weed on the boat was a no-no, she deserves to be fired.  I don’t get the issue with the Valium.

I still hate Sandy & I’ve added Malia the Rat to my hate list.  She’s been trashing Hannah all along.  I want Chef boyfriend to give the guests food poisoning. Then I want Jess or Bugsy to fuck him in Melia’s bed and I want Malia to catch them in the act. 

Idle speculation,  Malia is besties with Bugsy.  Bugsy was a chief stew (who this time finds herself available until Captain Sandy finds her for this job.  If she's such a great chief stew why is she available during the peak yachting season?).  Malia is pissed because Hannah doesn't want to bunk with Bugsy giving Malia and Tom their privacy in Hannah and Malia's shared cabin.  Malia kills 2 birds with one stone,  gets the cabin to herself by forcing Hannah out, then gets her bestie the job and pay grade of chief stew by ratting out Hannah to Captain Sandy.   It just worked out perfectly for her.  I hope it bites her in the butt.

• Love 19
17 hours ago, lyric said:

Who is carrying around the Rx? It's given to the pharmacy. The scrip info, doc, patient etc. is listed right on the backside of the box. 

Re the pot vs. CBD. Hannah did say this to Malia - notice the editing monkeys dropped it (pot) as an issue midway through the fracas.

That is what i thought. You only have the paperwork when you need to pick up the medication at the pharmacy ! If you have enough with you, you don't need the paperwork !

17 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

Chef Tom is a big fuckin cry baby over a basic chocolate cake in a springform.  That takes no fucking skill. It’s a step above a Betty Crocker box cake. 

And then cry me a river cuz oysters are hard to shuck. 

Someone needs a passi and a bottle before bed. I hope Malia has fun being his nanny for the next two weeks.  

If he were so worried about the cake being warm - he could have just done a warm chocolate fudge cake !

He is one of these chef's that is used to having an army of under-chef's to boss about while he cooks the odd dish or does the plating ! He is struggling to go it alone !

• Love 14
53 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I find it funny that Capt. Sandy doesn't allow drugs on board, yet allows the crew and guests to get blind drunk

I imagine those guests were pretty toasted when they were playing with the water toys. That can't possibly be a good idea. I was worried seeing that one guest floating on his back in the water while other guests were hot-rodding on those jetskis. 

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, heavysnaxx said:

So another white "Michelin-starred" chef FREAKS OUT (TM Malia White!) over having to do his own prep and baking a simple cake while the brown guy who does "ethnic food" can bust out 6 courses for 12 and doesn't act like a cake is even worth talking about, much less waste time complaining about. And Kiko's the one who's just not up to the job. /s/

PHOTO: The very pretty cake Kiko baked and decorated during an early charter.

cake.png

Exactly ! And Kiko was booted off for one bad meal ! Well Chef Tom has just equalled that - so why isn't he being booted off !!

• Love 16
29 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

She has a very overinflated ego about her looks.

Someone said this earlier, which sounded odd to me.  Has there been something this season where that's been evident?  

• Love 1

Chef Tom aka Tom Checketts - used to be the head chef on the Super Yaught Aquijo. But i suspect there was more than one chef on board since it takes 12 passengers and 17 crew. There is very little about him online, other than what you get with the show !

• Useful 8
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, Blondie said:

Malia is pissed because Hannah doesn't want to bunk with Bugsy giving Malia and Tom their privacy in Hannah and Malia's shared cabin.  Malia kills 2 birds with one stone,  gets the cabin to herself by forcing Hannah out, then gets her bestie the job and pay grade of chief stew by ratting out Hannah to Captain Sandy.   It just worked out perfectly for her. 

My only issue with this theory is that Bugsy didn’t want to room with Hannah either and wasn’t shy about saying so when Malia asked her. You’d think Malia would be pissed at her too but I guess she’s laying all the blame at Hannah’s feet.

1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:
2 hours ago, politichick said:

It didn't look like anyone minded that she was leaving either.

Jess did and it sure seemed that Bugsy did too since all of a sudden she was saying how important she was. Maybe that was just the timing of it though.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

I loved Hannah's expression when Sandy busted open the bathroom door yelling "don't" as Hannah was about to squat on the toilet...

I don't know.....that looked like a set up to me. Aren't there locks on bathroom doors on a yacht?

• Useful 1

The timing of when Malia set the wheels in motion is something I haven't seen discussed here. She could have taken and sent that photo anytime after Hannah's panic attack. Did production arrange it so there was only an hour or two before the arrival of guests?  Why did the Yawn have a sit down meeting with the bosun and not with her new chief stew to discuss the new situation? Talk about failure to delegate. Her concern was a lot more about justification of her actions than worry about how they were going to cruise with a new chef and at least one stew that she had already voiced concerns about. But maybe it's all a setup for disaster which they consider good TV.

• Love 9
19 hours ago, esco1822 said:

Yup. I believe it was Anastasia who posted the video on Twitter of Captain Lee and Kat who confessed to having taken anti-anxiety meds every day on charter. In this case she had allegedly taken too much and it made her appease drunk. So she confessed to Lee she was taking the meds. He certainly had no prior knowledge, he asked her to go get the box and that was that. No firing, no quoting maritime law. Perhaps Hannah needs a maritime lawyer. I know of one.

If I remember correctly, at the Reunion Kat admitted she had been drinking, she lied to Captain Lee.  
She looked great at the Reunion I don’t recall if she said she had stopped drinking on her own or if she went to treatment.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Agree 100%!!!  Hannah played that whole thing the best way possible!  She didn't give Sandy an opportunity to show how "caring" she is, and she didn't give Malia a chance to defend herself in front of Bugsy and the other crew members.  You could practically see the wheels spinning in Malia's brain, because Malia probably had a whole scene worked out in her brain with how she would respond to Hannah's confronting her.  She probably had an entire speech worked out in her own defense.  Hannah didn't give her an opportunity, either.  Hannah essentially shut down both Malia's and Sandy's "shining moment on camera"!!!  While it was sad and infuriating to watch, it was also a great thing to watch Malia basically itching to get her prepared words out there, but not being able to!  

The one thing that makes me smirk is that Hannah did tell Jess that Malia went into her stuff and took the pictures.

That is going to come out at some point.  It will either be a topic at dinner after this charter or it will be a topic when the new stew shows up and asks what happened.

Those guests were gross but I got the feeling that they came with every intention of making this charter a nightmare for the crew to get more camera time.   Bravo got lucky. I think.  Their complaining about Tom and the tantrum he was throwing is about the only reason I'm still here.  Sandy and Malia got exactly what they wanted and the karma, its instant.  

I think the preview was also likely aimed at the irritated masses.  I like the idea that Sandy has to have some kind of team meeting over the insubordination going on because everyone is not getting along.  I think I might be watching until I see an episode where things go somewhat smoothly.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, GreyBunny said:

One can hope

1FD63F30-027C-47D9-9FBB-A704E4BE41AD.jpeg

For all the Bachelor Fans... doesn't it look like she's trying to pull a Mesnick by crying on her balcony?  She should have used the deck railing to get the full effect though...

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

After reading somewhere, probably a former BD cast member’s link, I’m wondering how much Sandy actually captains. The first mate on the Below Deck Med shows is often the owner’s captain.

It would explain why she’s always in the galley and pestering guests. I’d also bet the “first mate” is off screen when she actually does drive the boat. If her reputation is so great, wouldn’t the owners trust her to be the only captain. 

Edited by Stuffy
  • Useful 6
  • Love 6

I hope Tom crashes and burns, walks off and Malia trails after him

I have no idea how long Valium stays in the system but couldn’t they do a drug test and may not even be feasible. 
If Hannah locked the door, Sandy would be all over that and I probably wouldn’t think to since there wasn’t anyone in there (other than the camera man). She had nothing to hide. 
I was never a huge hannah fan, but I give her kudos for not giving Sandy or Malia the reaction they wanted. There isn’t much need for discussion after you say I’ll go pack my bags. You don’t get to shit on someone and then get mad because they’re not trying to make you feel better about being a pos. Nicely done. 

Chronic pain is often under treated and you’re seen as suspect for not wanting to be in pain 24/7. There are a lot of things that are worse than depending on a medication you need to improve your quality of life. I was in chronic pain for ten years before I found a surgeon who could help me and I’m not gonna lie, I thought about suicide constantly and tried to throw myself out the window at one point. 
i wish pain doctors would have personal experience or have to suffer pain to realize how terrible it is. Sorry for the emotional dump here, but it’s tragic and senseless and I honestly think I suffer ptsd because of it. 

i hope these guests make their lives fucking miserable. I might even forgive being subjected to that disgusting naked beached whale walking around with a dildo. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 15

"NEXT ON BELOW DECK MEDITERRANEAN: Sandy realizes belatedly that Hannah YAWNed at her while being fired; Tom shares a painful memory as an anger management training doll; Malia mans up and begins dressing like Sonny Crockett; a guest doubles-down on refusing to try the veal and tip their server; 3/4 of the crew get black-out drunk and no one cares; Bugsy regrets a recent trip down to the crossroads."

36dd0c17bf5f6f75bd49a9937e28d031.jpg

Edited by heavysnaxx
Added photo of Malia driving the tender in her new outfit. JK! It's Maritime Crime Inspector Sonny Crockett from Miami Vice.
  • LOL 16
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Marvin said:

I find it funny that Capt. Sandy doesn't allow drugs on board, yet allows the crew and guests to get blind drunk - so much so that they are often working hung over !! 

I can't get a commercial license (CDL) to drive a commercial van because I take adderall for ADHD (same dose for 25+ years)...I was told the concern was about what would happen if I miss a dose. But Sandy can drive a yacht while taking adderall? Seems inconsistant.

And not only do the guests get consistently over served, they also are allowed to use jetskiis when hammered.

I can't even hate-watch after this. I gave up on the other Below Deck when Kate's assault by the douchebags went unpunished. 

• Love 15

Sorry folks, gotta go. Two major fires now out of totally out of control in our area, major Cal Fire teams  and other agencies on scene. Mr. Mbay and I  in the valley below and ok but are on high alert standby to help our friends and families to evacuate if needed. This is really getting BAD!