Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: There's No Place Like Home

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

Its just so very rare to have a paper prescription now. The doctor usually sends it electronically. I take a lot of meds and i cant remember the last time i saw a paper prescription. And if you did have a paper prescription you would turn it in at the pharmacy to get the meds

Narcotics in the US, or benzos like valium, have to be on paper with the Dr's signature. Not an electronic one.  

18 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Interesting no WWHL tonight.  The calls must have been devastating.

Satan Andy is on vacation.  Caught the first minute of last night's episode, where he said that.  He was using one of those roller things on his face when the camera went live.   

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, lyric said:
37 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

Who is carrying around the Rx? It's given to the pharmacy. The scrip info, doc, patient etc. is listed right on the backside of the box. 

A few years ago I was going on a long cruise (14 weeks). Two weeks before leaving I began to have back pain.  I had to have a prescription for pain medication and muscle relaxer.  My doctor called the travel clinic and was told to take copies of all prescriptions.  The issue often comes up when going through customs, having medication in the proper packaging is not proof of having a prescription.  
Someone in our group traveling to China was asked for proof of prescriptions .  

• Useful 11
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, Chickabiddy said:

Chef Tom is a big fuckin cry baby over a basic chocolate cake in a springform.  That takes no fucking skill. It’s a step above a Betty Crocker box cake. 

And that he got so pissy with Bugsy over it.  Ummm, Chef sat in on preference meeting not Bugs.  And they all had access to the preference sheets.  She shouldn’t have had to call out the need for a cake to him.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

having medication in the proper packaging is not proof of having a prescription.  

It wasn’t just “proper packaging” her prescription was printed on the box. 

• Love 24
11 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Narcotics in the US, or benzos like valium, have to be on paper with the Dr's signature. Not an electronic one.  

Satan Andy is on vacation.  Caught the first minute of last night's episode, where he said that.  He was using one of those roller things on his face when the camera went live.   

Not always true.  Some do. My husband ‘s methadone for pain (yes it is also used for pain relief)had to be on paper . His oxycontin is always sent electronically

His valium was also always electronic although it has been a few years since he took any 

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

And that he got so pissy with Bugsy over it.  Ummm, Chef sat in on preference meeting not Bugs.  And they all had access to the preference sheets.  She shouldn’t have had to call out the need for a cake to him.

I don't think it was mentioned at the preference sheet meeting.  I think the charter guests told Bugsy a few hours before dinner.  In between their naked, dildo-toting shenanigans. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

I think the cake was something that the charter guest asked Bugsy if it was possible for that day - I don't know if it was on the preference sheet.

I get that most chefs are not pastry chefs, but wasn't that part of Tom's past exerience?  Even if not, he could have made the cake in a flat sheet pan (or jelly roll pan) - it bakes up and cools quickly.  He could have cut it into square pieces to layer that way.  Or, if he was worried about the cake not being cool enough to frost, he could have made a chocolate glaze or ganache that would have worked well on a warm-ish cake.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 18

Here is Florida state law on class 2 prescriptions of which both valium and my husband’s Oxy is

Section 893.04(1)(f) and (2)(c), F.S. reflect the following regarding oral prescriptions:

A prescription for a controlled substance listed in Schedule II may be dispensed only upon a written or electronic prescription of a practitioner, except that in an emergency situation, as defined by regulation of the Department of Health, such controlled substance may be dispensed upon oral prescription but is limited to a 72-hour supply. A prescription for a controlled substance listed in Schedule II may not be refilled.

Any controlled substance listed in Schedule III or Schedule IV may be dispensed by a pharmacist upon an oral prescription if, before filling the prescription, the pharmacist reduces it to writing or records the prescription electronically if permitted by federal law. Such prescriptions must contain the date of the oral authorization

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 8/15/2020 at 8:56 PM, SevenCostanza said:

So is Sandy going to stand in the kitchen and micromanage everything Tom does?  Will she make sure to check in with the guests after every single meal and point out the things that were wrong like she did with Kiko?

The guests aren't happy with Tom's oysters or his lobster. Sandy should be just as harsh with him as she was with the legendary Chef Kiko.

11 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It wasn’t just “proper packaging” her prescription was printed on the box. 

Why didn't Hannah show Sandy the box? The medecin was prescribed.

• Love 14
41 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

Didnt they film in like September?

Just caught Sandy whining how tough a day this was and wants to go home for the Broncos-Jaguars game which was September 29, 2019.

crying toddler.jpg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

So, 7 months later Hannah was still using the same batch of 50 pills

It was an Australian pharmacy so it was filled on August 2, 2019. Probably shortly before she left to go start filming.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It was an Australian pharmacy so it was filled on August 2, 2019. Probably shortly before she left to go start filming.

I though it literally said Feb on it.I will go back and look

I was wrong, You are correct

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 4

Even if everything Sandy said was correct about the rules that were violated, no where does it say that she must fire the person. Her big concern is Hannah overdosing? All she has to do is keep the pills and only dispense as or when needed. Done. Maritime law satisfied. 

And I started the night thinking I should give Malia a smidge of chance to show she’s just following the regs, but nope. Her smug confab with Sandy, her complete lack of taking any responsibility for her actions with Hannah or any of the crew, her complete violation of Hannah’s privacy when she tells the other deckhands Hannah had “drugs”? Nope. Nope. Nope.

Oh and in case you were wondering it’s not that Tom screwed up the dinner, it’s that he has too much self-respect for this job. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 21
Just now, biakbiak said:

No it said 02/08/19

1C673D0A-DEFB-43ED-B600-C3823D141EE0.jpeg

Yeah, i went back just before I saw this, and added to my post that I was wrong and you are right.

I spend enough time in Europe that i should have realized that too. Rookie mistake

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Fucking Sandy! What if she overdosed?? Idiot. I have to say tho, if Hannah knew that bringing weed on the boat was a no-no, she deserves to be fired.  I don’t get the issue with the Valium.

I still hate Sandy & I’ve added Malia the Rat to my hate list.  She’s been trashing Hannah all along.  I want Chef boyfriend to give the guests food poisoning. Then I want Jess or Bugsy to fuck him in Melia’s bed and I want Malia to catch them in the act. 

Edited by nytonc
  • LOL 14
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

Did we not have a situation like this on BD Original Recipe?

Hello Jennymominfl:  so many shows, so little time.  Yes, it was Kat.  She took something for anxiety and got loopy on charter.  Everyone thought she was drunk.  Once she told Captain Lee about the prescription she took, and presented the prescription bottle, he kept his eye on her but she wasn’t dismissed.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

Even if everything Sandy said was correct about the rules that were violated, no where does it say that she must fire the person. Her big concern is Hannah overdosing? All she has to do is keep the pills and only dispense as or when needed. Done. Maritime law satisfied. 

This all comes down to liability in my opinion.  If Hannah had disclosed the meds they likely would have assigned someone else to carry out whatever duties she had around the safety of the guests to someone else until the effects wore off.  Now the issue is that even if they started to do it the right way from that moment, it still likely opens the owner up to legal issues because Hannah did not follow that rule/ law or whatever in the past.  I suspect Bravo doesn't want to make it harder to have a yacht for their series and Sandy doesn't want the owner to be pissed enough about possible scenarios where he is open to liability that she gets axed in reaction to how this is handled.  Firing Hannah was the thing most likely to keep the owner of the boat happy.

I saw an article from the showrunner that said the yacht's management company has their own camera on the bridge and they basically had no way of hiding this.  But I still think Sandy didn't want to anyway.  She was looking for a reason.  Has been for years.

Her concern over Hannah overdosing was, to Sandy, a way to make it seem like she cares about Hannah for the sake of trying to win the viewers to her side,.  She's that kind of idiot. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

2 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

A few years ago I was going on a long cruise (14 weeks). Two weeks before leaving I began to have back pain.  I had to have a prescription for pain medication and muscle relaxer.  My doctor called the travel clinic and was told to take copies of all prescriptions.  The issue often comes up when going through customs, having medication in the proper packaging is not proof of having a prescription.  
Someone in our group traveling to China was asked for proof of prescriptions .  

I’ve travelled through customs with narcotics & benzos and pill bottles with the label is fine- my doctor explained that the label IS the prescription.

I get everything sent to the pharmacy electronically now, but when I got paper prescriptions they were printed on paper that couldn’t be copied.  Obviously so people don’t have copies of the prescription that belongs with the pharmacy.

I am really happy to see perfect chef Tom fucking up.  And tantrums!  Malia is suuuper codependent to be so worried about him, she’s taking on his responsibilities, etc.  And she’s worried Sandy will think less of her if he fucks up.  She made her own bed!

What was Tom saying when they were in the cabin?  I couldn’t understand.

• Love 17
12 hours ago, hisbunkie said:

Actually I’m with Sandy on this.  If I were on a cruise and an accident happened and I found out the chief stew was taking Valium (prescription or not) and had drug paraphernalia in their cabin I’d make sure everyone lost their license.

This is all Hannah’s doing.  She says she has a prescription but did not/would not produce it.  She did not say it was not a marijuana, just said she had it from Los Angeles.

Sorry for this post I hadn’t read all the other posts prior to writing this....obvious MOST people are well aware that most people do not have the original scrip.   👩‍✈️Normally you are given a prescription, which you then turn over to a pharmacy.  They in turn give you your prescription with all the prescribed info and Dr’s name, date it was filled and a few other details on the label which is firmly attached to the rx. All of this was shown in the photo.  Hannah said she had not taken any of the medication while on board.  My understanding is she also had some form of CBD which is completely legal in Spain.

Edited by endure
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

No it said 02/08/19

1C673D0A-DEFB-43ED-B600-C3823D141EE0.jpeg

I wonder who whited out the Drs name ......Bravo, Malia?  This whole thing is so suspicious of faux drama.  Just how much does bravo Hate Sandy and Malia?  

• Love 2