Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E23: Myr. Keisha Lance Bottoms, Colin Cowherd, Myr. Pete Buttigieg, Andrew Yang

• Start Topic

My prediction. When Bill talks to Colin Cowherd (who I like a lot), he will whine about how horribly restrictive the society is regarding Covid and how sports, entertainment and television need to open back up (because he wants to go back to his stand up shows and record the TV show in front of an audience again). He will spew the right wing talking point of Covid being overblown and downplay the pandemic. What a shame.

• LOL 1

This is the first time I’ve watched in awhile. I was tired of him beating the same drum re Covid and having quack doctors on. He still took his shots at fat people (of course). But I enjoyed the middle segment with Yang and Mayor Pete. And New Rules was pretty good too. I kinda tuned out during Cowherd though because he’s not a favorite of mine. I did like his point differentiating asking college athletes to play under these conditions versus paid professionals. 

• Love 4

Yeah, the Yang/Pete segment was good. They are both terrific guests. I had to fast-forward the Covid segment. Planes don't have recycled air, but more importantly, their importance to the overall functioning of the economy is not comparable to pro sports (or live comedy). Utter apples and oranges in terms of which operations are actually essential. If we want places 3000 miles apart to function as one country, we need planes. Jackass.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

I did like his point differentiating asking college athletes to play under these conditions versus paid professionals. 

But one of them should have thought to ask if college athletes could afford to stay in school without their full athletic scholarships, sports cars & furnished condos.

43 minutes ago, deirdra said:

But one of them should have thought to ask if college athletes could afford to stay in school without their full athletic scholarships, sports cars & furnished condos.

My daughter was a D1 Lacrosse player on scholarship and didn't have a sports car (or any car for that matter) or a furnished condo...she lived in the dorms for four years. Not all college athletes live like rock stars BTW.

• Love 5

I'll give another 👍for the Pete & Yang segment. And I've discovered that Keisha Lance Bottoms is the daughter of 60s R&B artist Major Lance, so that kind of tickled me. 

Everything else (meaning Bill solo segments) were meh and redundant. Fat people, check. Young people don't get Covid, check.  Trump won't leave office, check. There were a couple of jokes in the monologue I chuckled at, but don't remember what they were now. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, littlepaw said:

I'll give another 👍for the Pete & Yang segment. And I've discovered that Keisha Lance Bottoms is the daughter of 60s R&B artist Major Lance, so that kind of tickled me. 

Major Lance? Wow, who knew. Um, um, um, um,um, um. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, IvySpice said:

Yeah, the Yang/Pete segment was good. They are both terrific guests. I had to fast-forward the Covid segment. Planes don't have recycled air, but more importantly, their importance to the overall functioning of the economy is not comparable to pro sports (or live comedy). Utter apples and oranges in terms of which operations are actually essential. If we want places 3000 miles apart to function as one country, we need planes. Jackass.

Excellent points. Bill just doesn't see the big picture. 

His constant hammering about "fresh air" just cracks me up. Bill, nobody in this country is stopping anybody from going outside and taking a walk. You don't have to sit in the stands of a ballpark to get fresh air. He acts like we've all been forcibly confined to bunkers for the last five months.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Not all college athletes live like rock stars BTW.

I know that, but Bill is only interested in college athletes who go on to be recruited by Major League Baseball or the NFL.  I was surprised that nobody on the panel seemed to be aware that most athletes NEED scholarships to be able to attend the college of their choice, and they cannot be scouted if they are not playing, so many have a lot of the same pressures as professional athletes.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

His constant hammering about "fresh air" just cracks me up. Bill, nobody in this country is stopping anybody from going outside and taking a walk.

Especially when he lives on a large property, but pasty-face only seems to go outside in a suit as he wanders off at the end of the show, which looks really stupid.  And his eyes could barely handle the sunlight when Leno was in his yard.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, deirdra said:

I know that, but Bill is only interested in college athletes who go on to be recruited by Major League Baseball or the NFL.  I was surprised that nobody on the panel seemed to be aware that most athletes NEED scholarships to be able to attend the college of their choice, and they cannot be scouted if they are not playing, so many have a lot of the same pressures as professional athletes.

True. Women's sports are highly competitive when it comes to scholarships or even being picked to play on a D1 team without any money offered. Being scouted is the best way for athletes to show what they can offer...tapes of high school games are OK but scouting travel games and tournaments are the best way for colleges to get a sense of what players have to offer. With all these sports being canceled there is no scouting and therefore no offers. I feel for these kids...especially the ones that need the scholarship money in order to even attend college. As for Bill....of course he only is interested in athletes (male) that go on to being recuited by MLB and NFL teams...what else can you expect from a misogynist like him?

Regarding Bill's fixation on reopening professional sports (which includes college football): let us not forget that Bill is a part owner of the Mets.  All his rah! rah-ing! about not letting fear of killing people prevent us from enjoying the simple pleasures of watching some version of a couple groups of dudes try to move a ball past each other is tinged by just a wee bit of self interest. He'll be watching on his big screen TV from the safety of his private little estate while he collects his share of the income generated by his part ownership of a major league sports team.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, deirdra said:

His constant hammering about "fresh air" just cracks me up. Bill, nobody in this country is stopping anybody from going outside and taking a walk.

Thank you!  I keep hearing all these people say they haven't left their homes in 6 months. WTF.  Go outside. Take a walk.  California is a huge place. I know there are a lot of people, but you can't walk around your neighborhood ?  I walk my dog, or go for walks by myself all the time and have been able to stay 6 feet away from others.  

I also go to Trader Joe's, WalMart, Target, etc to buy groceries, household items etc.  I just don't go to restaurants or the mall. And I have worked every day since this started.  

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 6
On 8/15/2020 at 8:39 PM, cali1981 said:

Major Lance? Wow, who knew. Um, um, um, um,um, um. 

There was an album cover behind her during the interview and I thought "hey waaaaait a minute" and googled it, and yep. Guess I was "born with a curious mind" 🙂