Type keyword(s) to search

Christina On The Coast - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 6/4/2021 at 1:59 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

There's going to be a show with her and her "Wellness" journey on Discovery +, I'm hoping it's not going to come over to HGTV.        I won't believe that she would ever move out of California permanently.    Her family's in California, everything in her life is there, so my guess is the Tennessee house will be for the show, and then billed as a vacation place, and then we'll never hear about it again.   

I couldn't believe the total cost on last nights kitchen redo.   And the desk area did nothing for me.  

Her friend she wrote the book with moved there so Christina visited and then bought a 2nd home.  She is impetuous and all over the place with all the wacky crap she is into.   

• Love 1
On 6/4/2021 at 5:09 PM, readheaded said:

I'm not sure Tarek would let her take their kids to TN. In any event, I find her extremely monotone and boring, so I'm not watching any show she's the focus of. I tolerate her in "Flip or Flop" because Tarek's also on and I find the CA real estate interesting.

Ant wouldn't let her take Hudson but then again he has him 90% of the time.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 6/4/2021 at 6:23 PM, edie3 said:

Seemed like a pity party to me. "Oh, I am so busy, Oh I have 3 kids. Oh, I need time for myself. Oh, I need to go on a wellness journey." She wouldn't last a day in our world.

Meanwhile she doesn't even have the kids fulltime.  Alot of the times they are shipped off to their fathers and she is hanging with her fan girls.  

• Love 4
On 6/6/2021 at 10:25 PM, justdoit10 said:

Ant wouldn't let her take Hudson but then again he has him 90% of the time.  

I read an article today about Ant's recent home purchase in Laguna Beach. He made it clear the house was for him and Hudson. No mention of shared custody. While that may be the official story, it's pretty obvious Ant is the one primarily parenting the little guy. 

• Love 4
(edited)

If Christina really does have a vacation home in Tennessee, and the Wellness show, plus this one, and Flip or Flop, plus the business, I'm guessing she will be having the kids either with their dads, or with nannies while she travels.   

I was shocked that stucco was recommended for the shower walls.   I've had stucco houses, and the stuff will eventually crack.    So much of the remodel was trendy, and will be outdated in a few years.    That round tub in the shower/tub/wet room was hideous.       I've had a small skylight in the bathroom, and even with tinted or special materials, the heat is awful.    I absolutely hated the giant crystal sconces, and the  other wall fixture were awful.   The bedside globes will be in the way, and I doubt they will be intact for long.     Why is the staging for the TV, in front of the TV screen?    There must have been a nice tile, that would be cheaper than the super expensive tile the homeowner picked, so they could do the entire shower too.    I hate the toilet closet wallpaper.   The sliding glass door to the bathroom is not practical.   It won't block light, shower noise, or anything else, so it's not practical.     

I feel so sorry for the husbands that come on this show.   They get virtually nothing they want in the finished product, it goes over budget, and that's an accomplishment considering the reno budgets on this show.    I agree the countertop in the bath were nice, but the cabinet color was way too light.     I wondered if the counter top is another high maintenance material?      I think the counter top was the least objectionable thing in that bathroom.     The wallpaper, strange shower room with that tub that barely fit in it, the overall design was hideous.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I hate the toilet closet wallpaper.

To me, it really didn't go with anything in the bathroom. And how long would it take to fill that bathtub? And the cabinets were too light to go with the countertops. 

Of course this is solely based on my Pinterest interior decorating degree.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 6/11/2021 at 12:19 AM, Hpmec said:

I read an article today about Ant's recent home purchase in Laguna Beach. He made it clear the house was for him and Hudson. No mention of shared custody. While that may be the official story, it's pretty obvious Ant is the one primarily parenting the little guy. 

He has him the majority of the time, for sure.  I saw he bought a house in Laguna for them.  I think once she had the baby, she had no interest in raising a baby again and that caused real friction.  And both fathers have the kids alot of the times so she gets lots of free time other mothers never get.  It is sad the kids are never really together and are shipped off to separate homes.  

Edited by justdoit10
  • Love 3
On 6/11/2021 at 12:51 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

If Christina really does have a vacation home in Tennessee, and the Wellness show, plus this one, and Flip or Flop, plus the business, I'm guessing she will be having the kids either with their dads, or with nannies while she travels.   

I was shocked that stucco was recommended for the shower walls.   I've had stucco houses, and the stuff will eventually crack.    So much of the remodel was trendy, and will be outdated in a few years.    That round tub in the shower/tub/wet room was hideous.       I've had a small skylight in the bathroom, and even with tinted or special materials, the heat is awful.    I absolutely hated the giant crystal sconces, and the  other wall fixture were awful.   The bedside globes will be in the way, and I doubt they will be intact for long.     Why is the staging for the TV, in front of the TV screen?    There must have been a nice tile, that would be cheaper than the super expensive tile the homeowner picked, so they could do the entire shower too.    I hate the toilet closet wallpaper.   The sliding glass door to the bathroom is not practical.   It won't block light, shower noise, or anything else, so it's not practical.     

I feel so sorry for the husbands that come on this show.   They get virtually nothing they want in the finished product, it goes over budget, and that's an accomplishment considering the reno budgets on this show.    I agree the countertop in the bath were nice, but the cabinet color was way too light.     

I saw pictures and the before design was better.  I didn't like anything.  The water closet was like Alice in Wonderland and I didn't care for the counter tops either.  Looked like a weird animal print to me.  The whole thing was awful.  

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, justdoit10 said:

He has him the majority of the time, for sure.  I saw he bought a house in Laguna for them.  I think once she had the baby, she had no interest in raising a baby again and that caused real friction.  And both fathers have the kids alot of the times so she gets lots of free time other mothers never get.  It is sad the kids are never really together and are shipped off to separate homes.  

She is fortunate her children's fathers take such an active interest, because building a brand and making lots of money seem to be her priorities. I remember back in the early Flip or Flop days, grandparents were on call for Taylor. Now I assume she has one or more nannies to pick up the slack while she's hanging out with girlfriends, choosing gray tile on camera, or getting hair and make-up done. She is one high maintenance woman. Ant appears to be a great dad. Little Hudson is lucky to have him.  

Edited by Hpmec
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Grrarrggh said:

That's a PhD compared to what she has. 

I am honored and proud. I would like to thank Hollywood Glam Hair Extensions and Eyelinq Lashes Beverly Hills for being with me from the start.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Re Kitchen reno and Wolf red stove knobs and blue tile

Not sure if it was producer driven--home owner worrying red stove knobs and blue and white tile would like too Fourth of July....or Christina's ignorance, but I really do wish Christina would have told the HO that Wolf has  black & SS knob option  too

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Frost said:

I've seen a couple of episodes.  So far, all of the homes have belonged to her friends.  Does she have any real clients?

How can she? She has no real talent. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Everyone is some kind of acquaintance.    Mostly her friends, or acquaintances, who have the same gray/white/black aesthetic Christina does.  

If they didn't like the gray/white/black aesthetic before she got involved, they do now. It's all she knows. In order to keep this show going, the producers have to rely on her friends/acquaintances. Most strangers who just want to get a project done aren't interested in having tv crews and Christina in their home. 

• Love 9
(edited)
On 6/18/2021 at 10:57 PM, edie3 said:

Like I said, my degree is from Pinterest. But if the house is Mediterranean on the outside, shouldn't the inside reflect that to a certain point?

You would think it would work that way, but I've looked at so many houses over the years, and so many are one style on the outside, and the interior is dramatically different.    

Apparently, last night's main bedroom (I call it the mortgage payer's suite) make over was for someone Christina did a kitchen redo for.   I couldn't even turn it on.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

many are one style on the outside, and the interior is dramatically different.    

Now that I think of it, you are right. I have seen houses like that.  And to me, some of them are jarring. Like a older home or arts and crafts style home where all the beautiful wood has been painted white, and made totally modern.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/18/2021 at 11:57 PM, edie3 said:

Like I said, my degree is from Pinterest. But if the house is Mediterranean on the outside, shouldn't the inside reflect that to a certain point?

That's why I can't stand buyers who claim to want a Craftsman or Mid Century Mod etc. Those aren't just architectural styles for the outside of houses. They mean something.

Edited by Grrarrggh
  • Love 7

Once again Christina tackled a project in the home of an acquaintance, this time the guy who owns a local tile store. What was she thinking and the couple agreeing to when they put up all those open shelves in the kitchen and piled glass and dishes on them. That is a disaster waiting to happen as soon as an earthquake hits. They should all know better. That was stupid. 

Curious as to what she's going to do for the lawyer in La Jolla. That waterfront place with the view to die for cost mega bucks. Would love to know if he has a sideline robbing banks or is operating his own printing press. Nonstop cash flow, indeed. 

• Love 8
(edited)
15 hours ago, Hpmec said:

Once again Christina tackled a project in the home of an acquaintance, this time the guy who owns a local tile store. What was she thinking and the couple agreeing to when they put up all those open shelves in the kitchen and piled glass and dishes on them. That is a disaster waiting to happen as soon as an earthquake hits. They should all know better. That was stupid. 

With the stove right next to the open shelves, their contents will need to be put through the dishwasher just to stay looking pretty - they quickly get dull and sticky from the aerosolized oils from cooking.  The costs of rewiring and putting in beams should have been foreseen and included in the original budget.  Are any of these people still her friends after she drives them to the poorhouse? With Christina you need a 25% contingency fund instead of the usual 10%.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
(edited)

I liked the back splash tile on the first house where they removed the strange island, and put in the peninsula.    I didn't like the back splash tile with the blue lower cabinets too, but it looked good with the white upper cabinets. . 

In the beach house, what the hell is she wearing for the reveal?   It's like milk maid turns hooker.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I liked the back splash tile on the first house where they removed the strange island, and put in the peninsula.    I didn't like the back splash tile with the blue lower cabinets too. 

In the beach house, what the hell is she wearing for the reveal?   It's like milk maid turns hooker.  

I am taking your word for it.  I didn't watch.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
40 minutes ago, edie3 said:

Isn't over the stove a bad place for a computer? I keep thinking of steam from boiling water, etc.

Not to mention the aerosolized oils caused by cooking that will need to be constantly cleaned off of it.  Even if the computer components were heat resistant, steam would fog up the screen.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4
On 6/7/2021 at 1:12 AM, justdoit10 said:

She is in to all that crap and crystals for healing.  Her and her friends wear them on their head.  She also bought a house in Tenn as a second home.  Her friend Cara moved there recently.   I turned her show off.  I don't want to hear about her hot mess of life choices.  Ant basically has Hudson all the time while she is out with the girls.   I find her to be so phony.

I finally located this thread.  Yeah, I think that she is growing a brand of natural wellness.  We’ll see. 

When my mom watches this show, she asks why doesn’t she get those wild children under control?  Lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

From what I've read, she's doing her own show about her Wellness journey, on Discovery +.   

The rerun of the people who had her do their kitchen, and then the upstairs/main and bath.    Again the only thing the husband gets from his wish list is a sauna, and it's in the garage, and was axed from the project list.  Then the wife decided that the husband needed something.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
(edited)

She has a new boyfriend, a realtor from Texas. Joshua Hall. Hall is the older brother of Jessica Hall and Stacie Adams, who have both had their own time in the spotlight. Adams gained fame for her role on The Hills, where she was known as "Stacie the Bartender," while Jessica, a former Playboy model, has appeared alongside her friend Kendra Wilkinson on Kendra and Kendra on Top.

Edited by edie3
added
  • Useful 3
(edited)

Her latest IG posts are not going to win her many fans among the HGTV executives. She would have been wise not to admit to smoking an illegal hallucinogin and to arrogantly proclaiming that she does "what she wants." The money and People Magazine  level fame have inflated her ego tremendously. If she wants a private life, she should keep it private. However, in her mind she's this big important celebrity and she thrives on attention and adulation. I suspect she went public with the latest boyfriend when she saw the photos of Ant canoodling a two time Oscar winner. A realtor from Texas certainly doesn't rise to that standard, though, even if his sister was in Playboy. 

Edited by Hpmec
  • Love 6
On 6/12/2021 at 10:29 AM, Hpmec said:

She is fortunate her children's fathers take such an active interest, because building a brand and making lots of money seem to be her priorities. I remember back in the early Flip or Flop days, grandparents were on call for Taylor. Now I assume she has one or more nannies to pick up the slack while she's hanging out with girlfriends, choosing gray tile on camera, or getting hair and make-up done. She is one high maintenance woman. Ant appears to be a great dad. Little Hudson is lucky to have him.  

Back in the days of early Flip or Flop, Tarek seemed very close to Taylor, and I think that's still true today.  (Even allowing for TV embellishment.)  He also very much wanted a son.  Ant seemed involved and interested with his older children, and from everything I've read, he didn't want the divorce.  I completely think both men are genuinely interested in their kids.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Hpmec said:

I suspect she went public with the latest boyfriend when she saw the photos of Ant canoodling a two time Oscar winner.

I feel very sorry for Taylor and Braydan.  Hudson is too young to understand the dynamic with his mother.  Ant's kids are a lot older.  Taylor and Braydan have had to deal with their parents' breakup, the introduction of Ant. marriage to their mom, Christina's divorce from Ant, and now the introduction of a new guy.  Hopefully, Tarek's still with the woman he's been with...or he's single.

• Love 4

I ended up on Ant's Instagram and there are so many cute photos of him and Hudson.  I know things on there can be manipulated, but he looks like an incredible and totally hands on father.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Ohmo said:

I feel very sorry for Taylor and Braydan.  Hudson is too young to understand the dynamic with his mother.  Ant's kids are a lot older.  Taylor and Braydan have had to deal with their parents' breakup, the introduction of Ant. marriage to their mom, Christina's divorce from Ant, and now the introduction of a new guy.  Hopefully, Tarek's still with the woman he's been with...or he's single.

She is not exactly setting a great example for her kids. Divorcing their dad. Marrying again in a hurry. Deciding that was a mistake and divorcing again. Now another man in the picture. All within the span of a few years. Taylor is still in grade school. That's a lot for those kids to digest plus cameras in their face for the show. She doesn't respect their privacy at all. Never did. Tarek is supposed to be getting remarried soon and his fiancee seems to get along well with the kids. Remains to be seen how long that one lasts. She's a former Playboy model who's also on a real estate show. Looks like Christina. Same vibe. 

• Love 7
(edited)
22 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

So evidently she has a new boyfriend and smoked toad venom to rid her life of toxins.  I think she has lost it.

Her life is messy. Divorce, new house, hasty remarriage, another child, another divorce, two shows to film, sell house, find out ex #2 is dating a famous actress, seeing photos of the two together with Hudson, knowing ex#1 will be married again soon, introducing new boyfriend......It's a lot. Still think it was stupid to spill the toad venom story. Not a good look and could earn her a reprimand from HGTV since she touts her show on the same instagram. She seriously needs to get her shit together.

Edited by Hpmec
  • Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

I'm sure the Dads' lawyers took note of the toad venom incident, in case the Dads want primary custody of their kids.

Yep. Stupid AF to sing the praises of an illegal hallucinogin prominently on social media when you are the divorced  mother of three young children whose fathers love them and are very much a part of their lives. I'm sure Tarek and Ant have both taken note. Wouldn't be surprised if at some point she receives a visit from Child Protective Services inquiring about her admitted drug use. 

Edited by Hpmec
  • Love 9

There's a marathon on right now, and I just saw an episode with Ant in it.  The series is certainly not aging well.  They didn't even make it two years, did they?

Also, I saw a commercial for the current season.  Somewhere in the season, the Tennessee house is going to come up.  I can't image that being long-term with her. TN's like night and day different from CA.

• Love 1

She is so fake with her teeth and eyelashes and inability to turn her head to look at anyone. However, as much fun as we make of her, she’s made a fortune being what she is. Not sure what that says about the society we live in now. I sincerely hope not.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Christina Haack Maintains Ownership of 5 Houses, Wedding Ring After Finalizing Ant Anstead Divorce

The former couple divided up their assets evenly, with the 38-year-old Christina On the Coast star keeping four properties in California and one in Tennessee, Us Weekly confirms. Haack also walked away with a Range Rover and a Bentley — and her wedding ring.

For his part, the 42-year-old Wheeler Dealers personality secured seven vehicles, including a Range Rover, a 1958 Porsche and a Ford Mustang. Anstead will also maintain 100 percent ownership of his business ventures, one of which is a media production company.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Gam2 said:

She is so fake with her teeth and eyelashes and inability to turn her head to look at anyone. However, as much fun as we make of her, she’s made a fortune being what she is. Not sure what that says about the society we live in now. I sincerely hope not.

Don't forget the hair extensions and fake nails! I'm sure there is botox and fillers in the mix too.  Sadly, her appearance is now the norm.

And you're right, she's made a fortune. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, Rightside said:

Don't forget the hair extensions and fake nails! I'm sure there is botox and fillers in the mix too.  Sadly, her appearance is now the norm.

... and the fake tan & peroxide.  With all that clumpy mascara, eye shadow & eyeliner, I don't think I've ever seen the whites of her eyes.  Along with the whiney/snarky voice it all makes her seem very harsh. 

• Love 4