Type keyword(s) to search

Christina On The Coast - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Is this show popular?  Christina is not my cup of tea but HGTV gave her show a huge push when it first came out.  There is not much “traffic” on this board or the old one.  I wonder if the network has ever canceled the show of one of their perceived popular stars- especially one that has been with them for so long...they marathon those shows forever and ever. And ever.

• Love 2

I suspect that with the pandemic, HGTV will show anything they can use remote commenting on, the way Christina was doing last night. 

My issue is that from the few episodes I've watched, that the wife gets whatever she wants, and the husband gets maybe one compromise, and Christina and the wife act like they're doing him a favor.   The house where the only thing the husband received off of his wish list was a bar, and it had to be hidden.   

Then the rerun that's on now, the husband wants a lot, but he gets almost nothing as usual.    Christina, and the wife keep making jokes about the man's OCD, but I don't think that's funny, just mean.  I don't understand why she insists on all of the rectangular tiles have to be installed vertically?   It looks strange to me, but Christina is 'obsessed' with that look.    This woman was apparently Christina's nutritionist, or some kind of health coach. 

Then on last night's new one, the husband wanted a shallower fireplace than the monolith his wife, and Christina demanded, and it ended up the way the two women wanted.    He wanted black cabinets,  and the wife and Christina wanted a darker blue, so that's what they did.    Compromise would have been a dark gray, but compromise doesn't happen on this show.  Everything the husband suggested, was shot down.     Also, I really don't care about her friend's relationship, and don't understand why they spent so much time on the friend's new boyfriend.  

During the new episode, they advertised Flipping 101 with Tarek coming back in the same time slot on 17 September, so I guess there are only a couple of new episodes left.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

I had to shake my head when Christina told her friend that she had to "watch" all three kids by herself for an afternoon.  Geez, woman, they're your kids.  You're not "watching them".   It's called being a parent.

• Love 15

It's pretty annoying when half the show is devoted to Christina's desperate to get laid friend and whether she's going to share her undersized closet with new boyfriend.

The house turned out okay except for the mantle around that sad little fireplace that was so out of character for the rest of the space.

• Love 3

I hated the super dark tile on the smaller fireplace on this episode.   A nice tile in a lighter color would have been so much nicer than that oversized, dark mosaic tile they used.   And the monolith fireplace in the living room was hideous.     They should have left it the shape and size it was originally, put a nice tile on the bottom, and then put some big metal or other ornamental decoration above the mantle.  

With tonight's home in Anaheim hills, I loved the work the couple did themselves.   That 70's kitchen was horrible.  Christina needs to stop with the open shelves.     I totally disagree with the gas line coming through the attic, instead of cutting the slab, and running it under the floor, it will cost $1,000 for the attic, and $2,000 for the slab, but I would spend the money.   I like gas lines buried except where they come through the floor.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

i thought she did a good job w/the kitchen and bathroom keeping  it with the  overall Hollywood Regency style of the Palm Springs-ish  house

Normally not a fan of stained cabinets, but I loved those walnut ones w/darker stain.

Also, happy the were able to re-use the vintage mirror tiles  that made sense....and it looked good too.

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

What happened??  They’ve been married a hot second, for crying out loud.

She’s trying to rain on Tarek’s engagement announcement obviously. LOL!! The being only two years married is fast but the just having a baby and divorcing is really fast. One never knows what goes on someone’s life. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Maybe, he didn’t like open concepts:

https://people.com/home/christina-anstead-and-ant-anstead-split/

I've never been able to stand her and am no fan of her husband after he replaced my beloved resident mechanic Edd China on Wheeler Dealers. Edd had been on that show for years. I refuse to watch it now that Ant is on. Anywho, their baby boy just turned one and boy, is he adorable. Though I am not a fan of either of them, I am truly sorry to hear their marriage did not work out, especially since there are young children involved.

• Love 4

I'm sorry about her marriage. For some reason, she never grew on me. (There is something about her voice I don't like and I always thought she was a little stiff when she was working with Tarek.)

• Love 7

Well, I know one thing. She’s going to have film a new introduction to her show. So, her & Tarek each have their own show and I think they are returning (some day) with Flip or Flop is I’m sure she’ll have to show her new-new home just because these quasi celebrity can’t help themselves. Just like Tarek is doing with the fiancé. Why do TPTB think we care? Just flip houses people. Jeez!

• Love 5

I read months ago that she had removed Ant from the deed to the house they bought. I think they've been separated for a lot longer than she's letting on.  She rushed into it with him and it probably wasn't good from the get-go. Feel terrible for the kids. They had a stable life that is now being continually upended with their parents' switching partners and houses. People seem to like Tarek's new fiancee. But, she's a reality tv person, too, and a former Playboy playmate who looks a lot like Christina. More of a trophy than serious marriage material. I just don't see that one lasting, either. T and C were better off in their just starting out days when they had little but were working toward a common goal. Now it's all about money and fame. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

So now Ant claims it wasn't his idea to split.    Tell me there won't be a Season 3 of her selling this house, and moving somewhere else again?     I don't care about the personal lives, so they can just show design (no, I'm not saying I like her design either).   I found it interesting that the remodel on that huge house they bought, and redid on the show, didn't have room for Ant's two kids, and then about a year ago he took his name off of the ownership of the house.     I wonder if he'll move back to England now, and only come here for filming, and to visit his kid?   I'm hoping that she doesn't move and remodel that house on camera too.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4

I guess I'm not remembering the set up of Christina and Ant's house.  Honestly, this show is pretty forgettable and I only turn it on for background noise.

How does a big CA mansion not have room for all of the children?  Why didn't they buy a house that had room for everyone, or even turn an occasional room into an extra bedroom?  Isn't home reno what she does?  I'm seriously perplexed by this.  Feel very sorry for the kids too.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, LoveIsJoy said:

I guess I'm not remembering the set up of Christina and Ant's house.  Honestly, this show is pretty forgettable and I only turn it on for background noise.

How does a big CA mansion not have room for all of the children?  Why didn't they buy a house that had room for everyone, or even turn an occasional room into an extra bedroom?  Isn't home reno what she does?  I'm seriously perplexed by this.  Feel very sorry for the kids too.

I'm not sure I remember the timeline correctly, but didn't Christina buy her Newport Beach house after selling the Yorba Linda home she owned with Tarek and before she and Ant married? Didn't guests for the "secret wedding" think they were invited to a housewarming party to celebrate her new home? 

If the house has four bedrooms, one master and one for each of her children, then there was only one bedroom left for Ant's children when they would visit. I would be kind of inappropriate for his children, a teen girl and a boy to share a room when visiting, but the boy could bunk with Christina's son. Then Christina and Ant had a baby and that fourth bedroom was probably the nursery.

While I'm not invested in their lives, I find these people and their wealthy problems amusing.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 9/20/2020 at 1:19 PM, Hpmec said:

I read months ago that she had removed Ant from the deed to the house they bought. I think they've been separated for a lot longer than she's letting on.  She rushed into it with him and it probably wasn't good from the get-go. Feel terrible for the kids. They had a stable life that is now being continually upended with their parents' switching partners and houses. People seem to like Tarek's new fiancee. But, she's a reality tv person, too, and a former Playboy playmate who looks a lot like Christina. More of a trophy than serious marriage material. I just don't see that one lasting, either. T and C were better off in their just starting out days when they had little but were working toward a common goal. Now it's all about money and fame. 

He transferred it over after their wedding.  I thought it had something to do with a prenup and she is responsible for it.  She complained alot after the baby and said he was her hardest.  I think it went downhill from there.

Edited by justdoit10
  • Love 1

I don't know if this show is renewed, but she's been advertising her Discovery+ show about her life now, and her wellness center she wants to open with the two friends who have been on the show a lot.     That's another reason never to get a streaming service. 

• Love 9

I cannot believe that HGTV is giving this woman another show.  Cannot. Believe.  Or is a different network giving her this show for Discover +?  She is the epitome of vacuous-ness.    

• Love 9
On 9/18/2020 at 8:49 PM, tabloidlover said:

What happened??  They’ve been married a hot second, for crying out loud.

I have no idea what happened, but I always had the impression that Christina wanted to lead a much higher profile life than Ant did. Ant seemed quite happy hanging out with all of the kids, doing his show, and that was enough.  Christina wants to build a brand...much like Joanna Gaines has developed Magnolia everything.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

She's selling the house, and looking for another one with a view.   In this market, good luck with that.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/christina-haack-is-selling-her-dollar6-million-house-amid-ant-anstead-split/ss-BB1fmGA7?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBnbfcL

What do you want to bet that her Discovery+ show will show the current house sale, buying the next place, and remodeling that one?  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

She's selling the house, and looking for another one with a view.   In this market, good luck with that.

Just the property taxes on a $6,000,000 house would be $60,000 a year. 

I meant good luck with finding another house she likes, at the price she wants to pay.    I bet she won't like multiple offers, and paying way over asking as a buyer.     The market there is out of control. 

Unless she finds a halfway decent fixer-upper, which the show will use to focus on her reno choices and "making it her own".

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 4/6/2021 at 6:34 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/christina-haack-is-selling-her-dollar6-million-house-amid-ant-anstead-split/ss-BB1fmGA7?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBnbfcL

What do you want to bet that her Discovery+ show will show the current house sale, buying the next place, and remodeling that one?  

She dropped the price and it is showing the house as pending.  They just renewed her show , starting in June and I guess it is going to show the Tenn home she bought.  Apparently she followed her friend Cara Clarke there, the one she wrote the wellness book with.

1 minute ago, justdoit10 said:

She dropped the price and it is showing the house as pending.  They just renewed her show , starting in June and I guess it is going to show the Tenn home she bought as 2nd home.  Apparently she followed her friend Cara Clarke there, the one she wrote the wellness book with.

(edited)

Not sure if this is a new episode tonight, but it's new to me (first time to watch it.)  

All I keep thinking is how did that client lady not do better than annoying, overtatted, terrible hats, trying too hard saxophone guy?

Edit:  Holy crap, they actually spent time in Christina's appointment with some holistic chiropractor/snowflake therapist?

Edited by pep4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, pep4 said:

All I keep thinking is how did that client lady not do better than annoying, overtatted, terrible hats, trying too hard saxophone guy?

Don’t forget about his toothpick in his mouth. 🙄

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

There's going to be a show with her and her "Wellness" journey on Discovery +, I'm hoping it's not going to come over to HGTV.        I won't believe that she would ever move out of California permanently.    Her family's in California, everything in her life is there, so my guess is the Tennessee house will be for the show, and then billed as a vacation place, and then we'll never hear about it again.   

I couldn't believe the total cost on last nights kitchen redo.   And the desk area did nothing for me.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

There's going to be a show with her and her "Wellness" journey on Discovery +, I'm hoping it's not going to come over to HGTV.        I won't believe that she would ever move out of California permanently.    Her family's in California, everything in her life is there, so my guess is the Tennessee house will be for the show, and then billed as a vacation place, and then we'll never hear about it again.   

I'm not sure Tarek would let her take their kids to TN. In any event, I find her extremely monotone and boring, so I'm not watching any show she's the focus of. I tolerate her in "Flip or Flop" because Tarek's also on and I find the CA real estate interesting.

• Love 5

One thing about Christina that remains constant is her love of gray. Anyone who hires her better love it because that's what they're getting. Displaying  some of her gray kitchens and showing her older son being obnoxious were about all the first episode of the season offered. She's apparently taking a break between husbands now, so other than some sort of food thing she's touting, not much to see here. 

• Love 3

Seemed like a pity party to me. "Oh, I am so busy, Oh I have 3 kids. Oh, I need time for myself. Oh, I need to go on a wellness journey." She wouldn't last a day in our world.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Christina is probably so glad she ain’t doing real work anymore. Tarek did all the heavy lifting but she got the rewards of his labor. I would like to see the first season again when she was an ordinary blonde with Target clothes. LOL!!! I think they were both realtor’s in the beginning but that storyline was dropped rather early. Now, all she does is scream and make faces like a two year old when the room is dirty or a gecko is climbing the wall. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, Hpmec said:

One thing about Christina that remains constant is her love of gray. Anyone who hires her better love it because that's what they're getting. Displaying  some of her gray kitchens and showing her older son being obnoxious were about all the first episode of the season offered. She's apparently taking a break between husbands now, so other than some sort of food thing she's touting, not much to see here. 

Gray kind of epitomizes her. 

Edited by readheaded
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 6/4/2021 at 12:34 AM, pep4 said:

Not sure if this is a new episode tonight, but it's new to me (first time to watch it.)  

Edit:  Holy crap, they actually spent time in Christina's appointment with some holistic chiropractor/snowflake therapist?

She is in to all that crap and crystals for healing.  Her and her friends wear them on their head.  She also bought a house in Tenn as a second home.  Her friend Cara moved there recently.   I turned her show off.  I don't want to hear about her hot mess of life choices.  Ant basically has Hudson all the time while she is out with the girls.   I find her to be so phony.

• Love 2