Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Roses on the Bed

• Start Topic

Quaylon is caught in the middle between his mom and Shavel; Tyrice dresses to the nines.

Ooh, Tyrice gets all fancy as he prepares to meet Chanda's ass, er, Chanda and her ass, well, you know, her kind soul and her round ass, because he's all about her kindness and her soul and he will not let a motherfucker use him. 

Quaylon realizes that his mother, who has not been able to spend more than a prison visit with him in what feels like an eternity, may want him near her while Shavel is all about squirreling him away in KC to be a father to her child.  It's the battle of the women with gorgeous cheekbones for the man with unfortunate tattoos (although nowhere near the ridiculous mess of Alex's tattoos.  I mean, he doesn't have drool drops or an upside down umbrella to catch his tears, so, um, winning?). 

And what will happen to Flappy?  Will he ever locate his twu wuv, Lindsey?  Did she head to the halfway house without him? Did she get cold steak on the way?  Did the limo driver take the rest of the cake home with him?  Won't somebody think of the cake?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Will Maurice hightail it to Las Vegas and end up back in prison for a parole violation or will cooler heads prevail? 

And what about our queen of poor decision making, Kristianna?  Will her brilliant choice to "marry" John on a truck bed in a random field and inability to use the GPS on her phone result in her yet again being a guest of the state?  Ah, at least she'll now be married, so, life goal achieved?  Her ring will look mighty pretty in her belongings bag in the prison storeroom. 

Finally, how much money is Destinie destined to take from Shawn?  

Original air date 2020.08.14

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
On 8/9/2020 at 3:21 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Finally, how much money is Destinie destined to take from Shawn?  

Should we include the $50K that he’ll be paying when she doesn’t show up for court, you know, the investment in their future together?

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
On 8/12/2020 at 12:24 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

Should we include the $50K that he’ll be paying when she doesn’t show up for court, you know, the investment in their future together?

Ha ha, I was dying at that scene.  Shawn's face was priceless.....stupid fool.  

Don't worry Shawn, she can totally handle her booze and will absolutely show up because her history of never showing up and ending up in prison means nothing.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Destinee is an entitled, ungrateful bitch. I hope she ends up back behind bars. Shawn's gonna lose his 50K. I just hope that 50K wasn't supposed to go towards supporting his SIX kids. 

They're really dragging out this "where is Lindsey" story line. I feel so sorry for her kid. She didn't need to be sitting there while the phone call to prison was being made. What is wrong with these people? Shame on grandma for allowing that. 

They're also dragging out Blue Suit meeting Big Ass. This show needs to pick up the pace. There are enough trashy dysfunctional couples to keep it moving along. No Kristianna and John at all or did I miss that exciting segment? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, bichonblitz said:

Destinee is an entitled, ungrateful bitch. I hope she ends up back behind bars. Shawn's gonna lose his 50K. I just hope that 50K wasn't supposed to go towards supporting his SIX kids. 

They're really dragging out this "where is Lindsey" story line. I feel so sorry for her kid. She didn't need to be sitting there while the phone call to prison was being made. What is wrong with these people? Shame on grandma for allowing that. 

They're also dragging out Blue Suit meeting Big Ass. This show needs to pick up the pace. There are enough trashy dysfunctional couples to keep it moving along. No Kristianna and John at all or did I miss that exciting segment? 

Destinee has already burned her friends and family.  You think it was her money on the line when she cut her ankle monitor?  You think the seven other times she skipped court it was her money on the line?  Nope.  

Shawn should have asked why destinees mom and sister weren't willing to raise funds to bail her out. My guess is that they have been burned before.  

Shawn and Destinee are both such awful people that I'll enjoy watching this play out.  

Scott is a male Karen.  His entitled demeanor was on another level.  I couldn't believe he had the gall to complain about how mean the prison employees were to him.  He is lucky they didn't just hang up on him.  Yuck. 

I like how he assumes that princess victim Lindsay must have been attacked because she is so pretty.  Ok Jan.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, RealReality said:
3 hours ago, Leilani said:

'ROSES ON THE BED' are tulips.

Not for tyrice and shavell.  

Oh I never saw this, now I'm going to have to go back and rewatch.

• Love 1

Jessica... "It's like we're from two different worlds"...  Gee, your middle class white ass is different from a felonious gang member of color?  The heck you say!

I LOVE that Destinie has a massive jailhouse chest piece to commemorate her love for some chick she'll probably never see again.  Her keen decision making skills are giving me the vapors.

In Scott's head Lindsay is "attacked" by slightly less attractive inmates, with pillows, and maybe some clothing gets torn, exposing some skin...

50 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

No Dancing With Felons segment this episode.  And we still haven't met the couple where the chick has short hair and the con is yelling at her for speeding.  

6 hours ago, Maybeitsme said:

Why is the guy in the blue suit and shoes parked on the side of the road watching with binoculars? Can't you pull in and park when you're waiting to pick up someone?

No, you can't.  They are released from a totally different area from where visitors are allowed and they can't be on the property.  That's why we get a lot of roadside meeting by ditches where teeth get lost.

• LOL 17
  • Love 3

Hi everyone! I'm gutted that I missed live chat--I wasn't feeling great so I thought I'd lie down, just for a few minutes.....

My impressions so far: 

Tyrise looks like Ben Carson. His blue suit was splendiferous. Has he lost a lot of weight? All his clothes are wicked baggy. 

Destinie is the very definition of a skank. Even after that hour long shower I cannot help but think that was a lingering aroma of musty towel, sour milk, and yeast. I hope Shawn has had his shots. 

Scott's cover story about his lip does not wash. He tried fillers, probably from one of those people on Craigslist who promises medical quality but does procedures in her garage. 

Jessica, I just cannot even. Girl. Its not about you. Sit there and smile. Its one afternoon. You won't die. 

Shavel left the price tags on the champagne flutes. Klassy.

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9

Do you really think that Shawn arranged that tulip heart on the bed? I don't think he can shave properly, and he's been doing that for 30 years. Could it possibly have been a plastic heart wreath from the dollar store?

The blonde wife just looks so DUMB, like she is working real hard at remembering how to breathe.

Destinee (auto corrected to detainee hee) has crazy eyes and there is absolutely no doubt Shawn can kiss $50 grand goodbye. Where exactly is she going to go parasailing? Parasailing? Coach bag? Dream on, honey.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

My highlight of tonight's shit show was this gem by Shovel:  

"I love Quaylon because he loves my daughter."

Dumb bitch, he doesn't even know your daughter.  My eyes rolled so far back in disgust that I thought they would be permanently stuck.  

(FWIW, when I checked Mr. Google about "Shavel and Quaylon," it came up with the suggestion, "Did you mean shovel and Quaylon?"  Sounds good, Google, thanks for the suggestion! She shall from this point forward always be Shovel to me 😄

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Red Bridey said:

Destinee (auto corrected to detainee hee) has crazy eyes and there is absolutely no doubt Shawn can kiss $50 grand goodbye. Where exactly is she going to go parasailing? Parasailing? Coach bag? Dream on, honey.

I was HOWLING with laughter! "I want a Coach bag!" "I want to go parasailing!" "I want to go sky diving!" So random. What's next? "I want to go to Le Bernardin!" "I want tickets to 'Hamilton'!" "I want the Strawberry Dress!" "I want a pair of lovebirds in a cage covered with Swarovski crystals!" Jesus Christ. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 4

Shavel: "He went to prison at 17. Now he's a grown ass man." (Next week's preview: "I'm going to show him how to be with a grown ass woman."

Shawn:  "We had sex last night. It feeled real good.  There were explosions everywhere."

Maurice:  "Let's look at a glossy, multi-page album of all the friends we had that are now dead."

Destinee:  "I wanna have fun." (that's what they all say).

Other observations:

Tyrice needs a tailor. Bady.

Quaylon's dreadlocks need freshening up. They look dirty.

Shawn's teeth remind me of the "flippers" they put in toddlers for beauty contests.

Scott's indignation at the prison officials is laughable.  As is his "concern" that Lindsey is missing because the less pretty, angry inmates could have attacked her.  Her mom said it right: "She's just smart enough to stay in trouble."

Jessica needs a larger pair of jeans. I'm struggling to breathe just looking at her.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

I wish we had more than just an hour for this trainwreck.  There's that one couple we saw on the preview for the season that we haven't even met yet and this is already they 5th episode.

I really hate Shawn.  I hope Destinee makes his life Hell.  I hated how he said having sex with Destinee was the first time in his life he felt like he was making love to someone.  I'm sure the mother of his 6 children felt good hearing that.   

Does production give everyone rose petals to put on the beds, because I can't believe  all these people thought to buy them ahead of time. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sempervivum said:

Ugh, Spectrum crapped out last night just in time for me to miss this. I'll watch eventually, but I MUST know Now: what is the 'explanation' for Scott's lip?

Spoiler

"According to Scott, he is allergic to certain “food preservatives”. And, a flare-up coincided with filming this new season of Love After Lockup. He didn’t specify what he ate specifically, or what food preservatives cause this. But, it’s clear this is a temporary reaction and not something permanent due to a condition."

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Scott's cover story about his lip does not wash. He tried fillers, probably from one of those people on Craigslist who promises medical quality but does procedures in her garage. 

That's what I was thinking too.  His claim of a food sensitivity that somehow only makes his upper lip swell and seems to always be active is ridiculous.  I expect to see him on Botched at some time in the future. 

1 hour ago, sempervivum said:

Ugh, Spectrum crapped out last night just in time for me to miss this. I'll watch eventually, but I MUST know Now: what is the 'explanation' for Scott's lip?

He hasn't said anything on the show.  The info is from a statement he made to media.  Flappy is looking for any excuse for that dead meat hanging below his nose.

I love the tag on the sleeve of Tyrice's suit.  Classy!

Destinie has taken top spot in bad decision-makers among this season's cons, knocking Kristianna out of first place.  FFS she has a tattoo for every hook up she had in prison.  That chest tat is not an easy cover up, fool. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

I hated how he said having sex with Destinee was the first time in his life he felt like he was making love

Right? When he was conceiving the SIXTH child with her he was just getting laid?

His blue suit was splendiferous. Has he lost a lot of weight? All his clothes are wicked baggy. 

I read that stylistic choice as still trying to look like Michael Jordan in 1992:

image.png.c9aca39a79d254558719b0ba0d6b63a9.png

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

I read that stylistic choice as still trying to look like Michael Jordan in 1992:

You are very kind. Somehow I don't think Ben Carson's choice was deliberate. Though to be fair, maybe he just couldn't pull off Michael's bespoke look with his off the rack number from Joe's House of Suits

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Hi everyone! I'm gutted that I missed live chat--I wasn't feeling great so I thought I'd lie down, just for a few minutes.....

My impressions so far: 

Tyrise looks like Ben Carson. His blue suit was splendiferous. Has he lost a lot of weight? All his clothes are wicked baggy. 

Destinie is the very definition of a skank. Even after that hour long shower I cannot help but think that was a lingering aroma of musty towel, sour milk, and yeast. I hope Shawn has had his shots. 

Jessica, I just cannot even. Girl. Its not about you. Sit there and smile. Its one afternoon. You won't die. 

Shavel left the price tags on the champagne flutes. Klassy.

Ha!  I thought I was the only one who saw those sticker price tags on the bottom.  Also, I think she may have poured hard liquor into those flutes....which....what's the point?  

Anyways, after 12 years that sex was probably....speedy..... so I hope she didn't get her hopes up. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

This cat daddy really put on a casket-ready blue suit with matching gators. Lord, help me.

Destinee is the worst of the lot and her tats are ugly.

LOL, I'll need a casket suit too because I'm DEAD at this comment!  ☠️💀🥀

• LOL 8

OK, watched it. So many questions!

How does Maurice have a drivers license after being in the slammer for 7 years? His baby momma is pretty and slim, a lot better looking than sourpuss Jessica. Why doesn't Jessica rent an AirBnB or something, rather than crowd in with Roni/Charity/their 2 kids.

Shawn seems to only let his facial hair grow on his upper lip, weird. Anybody else notice the big scratch on Destinee's back in the hot tub scene? A farewell gift from one of the jailbird lovers, I assume.  Destinee telling the camera she intends to continue have sex with girls- does she think Shawn will never see that clip? So if Destinee doesn't make her court date, Shawn says he'll have lost $100K on her, meaning he's already spent $50K in addition to the bail bond? Baby momma should be steaming mad.

So Quaylude and his mom aren't going to have a confrontation about his lying? I want to know what kind of a business Shavel is supposedly the 'owner' of. Apparently she couldn't afford real rose petals, though. She reminds me of Megan from last season, spoiled-kid-acting.

Tyrise either had that fugly blue suit in storage from the early 90's, or he got it last minute at Pimps R Us and they didn't have his size in stock.

Scott's sewn-on lip apparently isn't sensitive to him poking it periodically with his pen, hmm.  His diploma (on the wall in his office) is from College of St. Rose, which is in Albany, so that fits. Jimmy Fallon went there, so I guess it's a real place. I got the impression from Grandma that she thinks Lindsey broke the rules specifically so she didn't get out when she was supposed to. The reason Lindsey would do that? Hmm.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

OK, watched it. So many questions!

How does Maurice have a drivers license after being in the slammer for 7 years? His baby momma is pretty and slim, a lot better looking than sourpuss Jessica. Why doesn't Jessica rent an AirBnB or something, rather than crowd in with Roni/Charity/their 2 kids.

Shawn seems to only let his facial hair grow on his upper lip, weird. Anybody else notice the big scratch on Destinee's back in the hot tub scene? A farewell gift from one of the jailbird lovers, I assume.  Destinee telling the camera she intends to continue have sex with girls- does she think Shawn will never see that clip? So if Destinee doesn't make her court date, Shawn says he'll have lost $100K on her, meaning he's already spent $50K in addition to the bail bond? Baby momma should be steaming mad.

So Quaylude and his mom aren't going to have a confrontation about his lying? I want to know what kind of a business Shavel is supposedly the 'owner' of. Apparently she couldn't afford real rose petals, though. She reminds me of Megan from last season, spoiled-kid-acting.

Tyrise either had that fugly blue suit in storage from the early 90's, or he got it last minute at Pimps R Us and they didn't have his size in stock.

Scott's sewn-on lip apparently isn't sensitive to him poking it periodically with his pen, hmm.  His diploma (on the wall in his office) is from College of St. Rose, which is in Albany, so that fits. Jimmy Fallon went there, so I guess it's a real place. I got the impression from Grandma that she thinks Lindsey broke the rules specifically so she didn't get out when she was supposed to. The reason Lindsey would do that? Hmm.

I honestly, honestly think that destinee got what she wanted from Shawn, which was a sucker to bail her out of jail. 

I don't think she gives a shit if he sees the footage or dumps her or whatever, she already got what she wanted.  

I thought it was masterful that they juxtaposed destinee passionate defense of her total honesty to Shawn (I'd never lie to you,.I keep it 100!) With her ITM where she says that she is hiding stuff from Shawn.  LOL.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, IvySpice said:

Right? When he was conceiving the SIXTH child with her he was just getting laid?

The mother of his kids must want to drop-kick him hearing/watching this. If he is getting scammed, she has earned the right to laugh until her stomach hurts.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Wow. Scott thinks Lindsey is just this innocent, special snowflake everyone is out to get because she is so attractive. FOH. 

She saw him coming from a mile away. He won't have a pot to piss in when she's done with him. 

2 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Destinee intends to be long gone, with anything of Shawn's that not nailed down, long before that clip airs. 

A friend of my son's went to College of St. Rose; she is a wonderful, remarkable young woman. Its a real place all right. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

I really hate Shawn.  I hope Destinee makes his life Hell.  I hated how he said having sex with Destinee was the first time in his life he felt like he was making love to someone.  I'm sure the mother of his 6 children felt good hearing that.   

I can't stand Shawn either.  I used to know this guy in the 80's.  He had a girlfriend but it never seemed like he was all that into her, she was just convenient to sleep with.  Then one day he met a girl at a party and BOOM, he fell head over heels in love with her and within a year, they were married. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Please pardon me, I had to go gargle with Scope to get the bile taste out of my throat after watching SKANKinee straddle Stubble-Lip-Flipper-Teeth and suck his face off while in her TH describing her jailhouse girlfriends. And Shawn with his blank stare saying he's going to give it to her hard....AAAGH! And gee, those teeth didn't give away she's a thumb sucker at ALL.

Quaylandria's wig looks like a black mop head. Quaylon's dreds make him look like a battering ram. WTH did Shovel put in the flutes...hooch??

Jessica looking all uncomfortable in the corner at Maurice's daughter's house...all I can think of is the old Sesame Street song, "One of these things is not like the other...one of these things just doesn't BEEE-LONG!" Hanging out with the Compton Crips, she looks ridiculous at Roni's place. Why do people who evidently live comfortably and have normal lives, have the desire to hang out with those that don't? Is it somehow exciting? Something tells me she leads a boring life and has an office cubicle job she probably doesn't like and and is looking to live on the wild side and shock her parents.

Scott acting all puffed up behind his desk making speakerphone calls...I swear he must work selling used cars. His hands gross me out too, fingers like freckled sausages that match the sausage under his nose. 

DEAD over the comments about Tyrice's "casket suit"! 

What's with no Kristianne and John, and still nothing on the new couple?

Edited by snarkish
spelling
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 8/15/2020 at 2:44 PM, sempervivum said:

His diploma (on the wall in his office) is from College of St. Rose,

The name on the diploma was blurred out so I'm guessing it belonged to "Judith Smith" and was pilfered by production in an estate sale to use as a prop for his office.

Honest to god, I can't even look at Scott. His reddened mouth looks like he's been giving blow jobs to a running motorcycle muffler all day.

Edited by Guest
17 hours ago, Kangatush said:

I LOVE that Destinie has a massive jailhouse chest piece to commemorate her love for some chick she'll probably never see again.  Her keen decision making skills are giving me the vapors.

She sure got around in three years.

• LOL 4
9 hours ago, IvySpice said:

They reran a condensed version of the original Bachelor season and all the suits were oversized.

• LOL 1

Destinie is Goddess 2.0, but Shawn is so creepy that I hope she sails off into the sunset and he loses his bail. Also, after his monotone diatribe about sex I'm not sure that I'll ever be able to have it again.

Jessica can GTFO. Somewhere along the way someone told her that the only way to look sexy is to find something that works as a second skin, fat rolls be damned.

The way Tyrice keeps carrying on is making ME excited to see her big ol country ass.

It's sad that the only person in Mylie Grace's life who wants to take care of her is the crazy prison girlfriend seeking penpal.

Maurice is hot.

I missed the 1/100 Native American dude and the poor woman he blindsided with the quickie marriage.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Destinie is Goddess 2.0, but Shawn is so creepy that I hope she sails off into the sunset and he loses his bail. 

Oh, that money is gone gone gone. if Destinee sticks around for more than the few weeks it takes to clean out Shawn's bank account and max out his credit cards I'll eat my hat.

22 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

The way Tyrice keeps carrying on is making ME excited to see her big ol country ass.

The way Tyrice goes on about how this is real love reminds of that character in "The Little Foxes", who's "deeply and sincerely in love" with his little floozy, Miss Laurette Sincee.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Destinie is Goddess 2.0, but Shawn is so creepy that I hope she sails off into the sunset and he loses his bail. Also, after his monotone diatribe about sex I'm not sure that I'll ever be able to have it again.

Jessica can GTFO. Somewhere along the way someone told her that the only way to look sexy is to find something that works as a second skin, fat rolls be damned.

It's sad that the only person in Mylie Grace's life who wants to take care of her is the crazy prison girlfriend seeking penpal.

Maurice is hot.

I missed the 1/100 Native American dude and the poor woman he blindsided with the quickie marriage.

Yeah, all the sex talk on this show is making it easier to stay celibate during the pandemic.  I feel like I want to wear a mask just watching this show at home. Destinee definately looks like she has some sort of communicable germs.   

I don't know why the camera crew stays in the room long enough to get kicked out, are they hoping to film some porn that no one ever wants to see?  The idea of seeing any of these people naked is a lady boner killer. 

Can I also speak on the budget honeymoon suite with the tub in the actual bedroom?  Shawn apparently booked the finest suite at the local red roof inn.  

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh, that money is gone gone gone. if Destinee sticks around for more than the few weeks it takes to clean out Shawn's bank account and max out his credit cards I'll eat my hat.

The way Tyrice goes on about how this is real love reminds of that character in "The Little Foxes", who's "deeply and sincerely in love" with his little floozy, Miss Laurette Sincee.

With someone like destinee I think she weighs the pros and cons and when that math no longer works in her favor she will take off.  

Its like that con artist who was with that dim bulb last year...Vince(?)

If destinee can stay home all day, do whatever she wants and have affairs with other women while Shawn works to support her I think she will stick around.  

The minute he starts to complain or ask her to do anything other than what she wants to do at any time she will be gone.  The minute he asks her to get a job or contribute to expenses, she will be gone.  

She might stick around for another WE TV paycheck but that's it.  

I am going to be cackling like a fool if they film the aftermath of destinee skipping bail and leaving this fool holding the bag.  I also hope they film destinee breaking up with him, because LOL. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

We 40 somethings aren't quite dead in the sack yet. Some of us are having better sex now than we did in our 20s. 

Yeah I am past that age and was specifically referring to the number of his own explosions he was referring to.  We all know women can be multiorgasmic.

1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

The saddest part is that she is not even hot.  To some men a few weeks of romps with a hot woman might be worth it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I don't know why the camera crew stays in the room long enough to get kicked out, are they hoping to film some porn that no one ever wants to see? 

Well at least when Maurice kicked them out at that animal-themed BnB we could see that his work on the weights in the prison yard paid off.  Dude had like a twelve pack. 

1 hour ago, RealReality said:

The idea of seeing any of these people naked is a lady boner killer. 

Some men think of baseball when they want to last in the sack.  I recommend conjuring Lacey straddling Shane in that thong.

• LOL 5