Type keyword(s) to search

Doubling Down With The Derricos - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The parents have both been involved in legal issues.   Just search the father's name, and Karen, and you'll get lots of results. 

My guess is the parents think TLC will finance a house, and moving costs, and fund the business for the storyline.    I recall the Duggars claiming that TLC or the producers funded a lot of their huge house, and the travel bus.  

Having criminal charges, or other allegations hasn't affected the filming of this show, or others either, whether on this network, or other productions.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5

You would think TLC would run a simple background check before committing to a show.   The criminal stuff and bankruptcies was before filming even began.  

Well, now we know why Mama Derrico wants to move to North Carolina to "start a business."   the bicoastal thing was just a storyline.   They are going to "realize" that it too tough and "decide" to move to NC full time.   Although HOW she is going to get start up money with that past I have no idea.   TLC might not run background checks but BANKS will check credit history.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 8/11/2021 at 4:13 PM, magemaud said:

I’ve never thought the THs were filmed in the subject’s homes. To me, they appear to be carefully decorated studio sets with professional lighting, sound and cameras. 

I heard or read somewhere that it's just a little corner of the reality "stars'" homes they section off and decorate to professionally film the THs.  I seem to recall the Gosselins' "studio" being in the basement somewhere.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 2

Ugh. This bunch. Sketchy, over-scripted, fake as a 3-dollar bill.

Trying to out-Duggar the Duggars. Trying to out-Jackson the Jacksons. Performances by the kids are so forced and rehearsed.

But I do love Gramma Gigi.

Edited by Not Buyin It
  • Love 3

I just saw Episodes 1 & 2 of the new season.  They still want to move to South Carolina, but the clothing line idea has been changed to a Derrico Entertainment Center, with a skating rink and other things.  The plan is to go there for a month to get things started, make business deals, find a house, etc., and then move there.  Gigi agreed to go for the month but she is adamantly opposed to moving there permanently. 

Late in the first episode, Gigi was taken ill and brought to the hospital where she had stents put in due to blockages in her arteries.  In the second episode, she is recuperating; however, Derrico tells her that Karen is pregnant.  You'll remember Gigi didn't take it well when informed of Karen's pregnancy last year.  (Karen later had a miscarriage.)  Gigi's reaction this time was even worse.  (This will be the 15th child.)  The scene consisted of a lot of her and Derrico yelling back and forth at each other.  All that stress can't be good for her heart.

In the preview for next week's episode, they are in SC and they are saying Karen's mother will not take the news well either.  No kidding.

• Love 8
(edited)

The woman with the clown car uterus won't stop having kids until she has 20 to beat the Duggar family total. 

I think there will only be multiples, because I'm sure it's with artificial help.     No way the many multiple pregnancies are natural.  

I'm betting that they also have a lot more help with the kids than they show on TV.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7

I watched until I couldn't watch any more.  Grandma is right.  Way too many kids to love and care for.  The oldest girl is an example.  She'd be lost without Gigi!

It's a fake show.  I'm stuck and can't get out.  

• Love 5
14 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

In the second episode, she is recuperating; however, Derrico tells her that Karen is pregnant.  You'll remember Gigi didn't take it well when informed of Karen's pregnancy last year.  (Karen later had a miscarriage.)  Gigi's reaction this time was even worse.  (This will be the 15th child.)  

Pregnant again! OMG - stay off her already!

• Love 4

Do they not realize that if something goes wrong and Karen dies, all those kids will be left motherless?  They are taking a chance with each pregnancy, not only for the baby's health but for Karen as well.  It's incredibly selfish.  

In a less serious scenario, what if Karen has an auto accident and is laid up for six months?  Or what if she simply breaks her arm falling in the shower?  She's one fall away from not being able to care for those kids for a length of time.  

• Love 6

I honestly don't know why they continue to have more kids, they are still living in a house that is way too small for all of them now, not to mention the toll it is taking on Karen, she hasn't looked healthy since last season. I am sure any OBGYN doctor will say enough is enough. She thought she was having a stroke, but it was a nerve issue right? Can you imagine carrying another baby and maybe multiples could do? I 100% agree with Gigi 

• Love 9

I love that Gigi refuses to pretend to be happy about the baby news and lays hard truths on her idiot son. 
They don’t need any more blessings. They are going to be hard pressed to provide for their existing children.

• Love 7

Poor Gigi, also the added financial strain and pressure buying kids birthday presents and Christmas presents. I did roll my eyes when Poppy says he doesn't ask her for anything, yeah sure, she is included with everything they do as another set of eyes on the kids 

• Love 8
On 3/3/2022 at 10:33 AM, Gemma Violet said:

Do they not realize that if something goes wrong and Karen dies, all those kids will be left motherless?

Are you kidding me, that would make a great storyline.   Single father of multiples, trying to cope with the loss of his young wife with only the help of his ailing mother (and TLC and the hidden nannies).*

They only way her son can take advantage of her and have her stick around to help care of the kids is if Gigi lets him.   She has her own home in Detroit.   She can stay there.   She can refuse to be filmed (which cuts down her usefulness to dad).   

* I am not wishing Karen dead.   I'm just saying how TLC and the dad may be thinking.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

They only way her son can take advantage of her and have her stick around to help care of the kids is if Gigi lets him.   She has her own home in Detroit.   She can stay there.   She can refuse to be filmed (which cuts down her usefulness to dad).   

At her age it's good to be around family.  I think Derrico has said he's an only child, so Gigi may be by herself in Detroit.  If her medical emergency had happened there, Derrrico would have had to fly there and stay a while.  

Also, she enjoys seeing her grandchildren regularly.  She seems to have a special bond with the oldest one.  The problem is, although she would like to have contact with her grandchildren, she has been taken advantage of.  She stood up for herself last season and told them how hard it is for her at her age to babysit, so maybe they've let up on her a little.  But you just know she is the go-to babysitter when no one else is available.  

And now they are pressuring her to move to South Carolina with them.  She says she likes Las Vegas and doesn't want to move to anywhere in the South due to bad memories she had there when she was younger.  But now that's she's been ill, I'm wondering if she may reconsider.  It's sort of a lose-lose situation for her.  Either she sees the grandchildren regularly and has her son close by for emergencies but has to run herself ragged with 14 kids, OR she has a peaceful quiet life but has no contact with the grandkids and risks getting sick again with no one around to help.

• Love 4

Karen looks so unhealthy. What the hell are they thinking.

Some women do have multiples naturally. And I think she is one of them. But just because you can doesn't mean you should. As GG said, it seems like some kind of fetish. Love GG BTW.

I'm side eying Eric. What grown man wants to hang around 14 children all day and all night who don't belong to him?

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

Karen looks so unhealthy. What the hell are they thinking.

Some women do have multiples naturally. And I think she is one of them. But just because you can doesn't mean you should. As GG said, it seems like some kind of fetish. Love GG BTW.

I'm side eying Eric. What grown man wants to hang around 14 children all day and all night who don't belong to him?

Eric has always been a mystery to me!

• Love 6
(edited)

I just can’t with this man. When he and Gigi were sitting on the beach, and Gigi was trying to reason how Karen’s body just can’t keep this up, all that selfish man could do was say, “But I want, but I want…”

The kids are cute, the grandmothers are normal and reasonable, but the parents are awful. Especially Deon. I can’t stand him. He’s as much of a narcissistic control freak as Jim Blob. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, ChicksDigScars said:

I just can’t with this man. When he and Gigi were sitting on the beach, and Gigi was trying to reason how Karen’s body just can’t keep this up, all that selfish man could do was say, “But I want, but I want…”

And he said he wants 100 kids, which I guess means Karen will keep popping them out until she hits menopause or dies on the table.  And Karen apparently wants to keep having them, too.  It's a good thing these two found each other.

So, Karen is still obsessed with moving to South Carolina.  (I think a lot of it has to do with her wanting her mom, siblings, cousins, etc. to be free babysitters.)  Derrico and Gigi want to stay in Las Vegas, but on next week's preview, it shows Karen and Derrico appearing before the town council to discuss their Derrico Family Pavillion idea.  So maybe they will move there after all and all this conflict is just a producer-driven scenario.  

• Love 4

Darian saying she wants a baby is very concerning. I hope she waits until she is a little older. Karen is too thin. She doesn’t look healthy. When my three children were younger, I used to worry about what would happen to them if something were to happen to me. After all accidents and sicknesses do happen. They don’t seem the least bit concerned about what would happen to 14 going on 15 kids.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Darian saying she wants a baby is very concerning. 

I agree with this. 
My eyes got wide when she said she wanted a baby. A 15 year old shouldn’t be wishing for a baby. I really hope she doesn’t look for attention from a boyfriend and ends up with a baby before she’s even grown. 

• Love 8

The family pavilion seems like a big waste, a subpar amusement park? What happened to the clothing idea? I am seeing a very selfish side of Karen this season, with wanting to take over her grandmothers house (probably demolish it and take the land). I also was concerned with Darian saying she wants a baby, doesn't she get enough of the little ones to make that a good form of birth control? I wonder if its about the attention? Also, I said oh f*ck when dumbass dad brings out another puppy, he can barely stand the one they have at home and seems like it is stuck in the back yard. I guess at least he will have a friend. Glad Gigi is feeling better and she has Muta that feels the same way about the walking baby making machine parents

• Love 6

I keep watching this show so I can join the discussion. But really I can hardly take dad any more. Babies this and pretend acting from the kids. More babies when Karen barely survived triplets!

Then poor Gigi. Wanting to live her family but just plain overwhelmed. 

The oldest girl pretty much lost in piles of dirty diapers. 

I really wonder what the REAL reality of this family really is. 

• Love 8

I happened upon this show last night when I was bored and stuck with it for a while because I am fascinated that there are still couples around like this and that there are still enough people out there interested enough to watch them.  How many more kids do you need?  2?  5?  Another 3 sets of triplets?  Do these people find TLC or does TLC find these people?  Would one exist without the other? 

So, the poor kids have all been saddled with D names.  Is this because Dad's name begins with a D?  Because Dad was creepy as hell and I was not buying a lot of what he was selling.  Highlight of the show that I saw was him letting us know that he brushes all of his children's teeth for them.  Every day.  2 or 3 times a day.  For 2.5 minutes each.  Uh.... okay. 

Then they were getting ready for a 70s dance party that they were going to be performing for the neighbours.  Then they were at the doctors concerned about their son's misshapen head. 

And then they went to some local candy shop where the kids were let loose to paw at all the candies while Mom was on the brink of passing out and needed some ice chips.  The ice chips weren't showing up fast enough for Dad so he bitched at the shop lady for holding out on them and that's when I turned the channel.  Riveting stuff! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
48 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

I happened upon this show last night when I was bored and stuck with it for a while because I am fascinated that there are still couples around like this and that there are still enough people out there interested enough to watch them.  How many more kids do you need?  2?  5?  Another 3 sets of triplets?  Do these people find TLC or does TLC find these people?  Would one exist without the other? 

So, the poor kids have all been saddled with D names.  Is this because Dad's name begins with a D?  Because Dad was creepy as hell and I was not buying a lot of what he was selling.  Highlight of the show that I saw was him letting us know that he brushes all of his children's teeth for them.  Every day.  2 or 3 times a day.  For 2.5 minutes each.  Uh.... okay. 

Then they were getting ready for a 70s dance party that they were going to be performing for the neighbours.  Then they were at the doctors concerned about their son's misshapen head. 

And then they went to some local candy shop where the kids were let loose to paw at all the candies while Mom was on the brink of passing out and needed some ice chips.  The ice chips weren't showing up fast enough for Dad so he bitched at the shop lady for holding out on them and that's when I turned the channel.  Riveting stuff! 

Next time you’re bored…join us over on Life After Lockup!

Tingling!  Lol

• Love 3

Karen telling the kids about her school days and all the things she did reminded me of Michelle Duggar who lived a normal teen life and then both these women homeschooling their kids. Their kids don't participate in any team sports or belong to any clubs. Their only friends are their siblings. 

And again, Eric is on this trip. Does anybody work? I thought Eric was his property manager or something. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

Karen telling the kids about her school days and all the things she did reminded me of Michelle Duggar who lived a normal teen life and then both these women homeschooling their kids. Their kids don't participate in any team sports or belong to any clubs. Their only friends are their siblings. 

And again, Eric is on this trip. Does anybody work? I thought Eric was his property manager or something. 

When she was going on about how she wanted the kids to go to her school, I was yelling "THEY DON'T EVEN GO TO AN ACTUAL SCHOOL IN VEGAS!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Right, she would be so less overwhelmed if she sent the older kids that are school age to a school and not up to their room and work on a laptop, I never even heard of the term "home schooling" until I was an adult and still don't understand the reasoning for people to do it, you pay enough in taxes for the public schools to begin with. Anyone feel free to chime in about the benefits, I am sure there are cases if they live in a bad district or student to teacher ratio or school is uphill 3 miles in each direction

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Right, she would be so less overwhelmed if she sent the older kids that are school age to a school and not up to their room and work on a laptop, I never even heard of the term "home schooling" until I was an adult and still don't understand the reasoning for people to do it, you pay enough in taxes for the public schools to begin with. Anyone feel free to chime in about the benefits, I am sure there are cases if they live in a bad district or student to teacher ratio or school is uphill 3 miles in each direction

Pandemic would be a good reason. 

• Useful 1

They were always homeschooling, and I bet it's because they want the kids always available for filming, and trips.      I'm suspicious that the many times the kids don't do school work, or even attend online would be a red flag to the school authorities.     With the filming and trip schedule, there is no way any of the kids would be in school enough to complete anything.   I'm wondering if that's another reason to move to SC?   Because they will just move there, claim to be home schooling, and really aren't?    I'm wondering how much oversight the local education system has over home schoolers there? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 3/9/2022 at 11:44 PM, Morgalisa said:

I don't know if they still do, but last season some of them were playing basketball.

1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

They were always homeschooling, and I bet it's because they want the kids always available for filming, and trips.      I'm suspicious that the many times the kids don't do school work, or even attend online would be a red flag to the school authorities.     With the filming and trip schedule, there is no way any of the kids would be in school enough to complete anything.   I'm wondering if that's another reason to move to SC?   Because they will just move there, claim to be home schooling, and really aren't?    I'm wondering how much oversight the local education system has over home schoolers there? 

They were shown going to school in the first season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 3/9/2022 at 4:00 PM, Cementhead said:

Next time you’re bored…join us over on Life After Lockup!

Tingling!  Lol

It seems like Karen and her mother don’t really get along. 

Karen already to build a second home on grandma’s property but is that something her mother has approved?

I suspect Gigi holds it in a lot where as Karen’s mother lets her have it!

• Love 3
20 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm wondering if that's another reason to move to SC?

Also the Vegas authorities might be looking into the conditions of the home.  Not to mention a few other things, wasn't Karen's fraud conviction in Nevada and Deon's real estate scam as well?   Time for the grifters to move on to someplace they are not on the authorities' radar.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Also the Vegas authorities might be looking into the conditions of the home.  Not to mention a few other things, wasn't Karen's fraud conviction in Nevada and Deon's real estate scam as well?   Time for the grifters to move on to someplace they are not on the authorities' radar.

Yes, Karen's fraud for collecting benefits she wasn't entitled to was in Nevada, it also means no more benefits for her.    Deon wasn't convicted, but that doesn't stop close examination of his business practices.   Also, I wonder if SC has different rules about child actors than Nevada?    Also, if they have a house out of town, and on big property, less oversight by neighbors.   

• Love 3

Lots of home schoolers in my neighborhood.  People move to my state because of the less stringent oversight in home schooling. Homeschooling have a much shorter day than traditional school. Probably 2 to 3 hours a day. The two neighbors that I know, the kids are in college and doing well.  Not all home schoolers are the dining room table variety.  The kids I've met are polite, courteous and well rounded.

• Love 3
On 3/4/2022 at 12:40 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

If something should happen to Karen (I certainly would hate to see that) Derrico still has his brother husband Eric to watch the kiddos

Took the words right out of my mouth!🤣

• Love 4

They're still vacationing in South Carolina with Karen's relatives.  Karen told Derrico that she wanted to move there permanently and he acted all shocked.  They had talked about that possibility on a previous episode and now he says Karen is springing it on him.  Either Derrico has a terrible memory or there's been some backwards editing.

They did their presentation at the town council and made the kids a part of the presentation in order to charm the council members.  So their pavillion idea was approved.

It looks like the kids (at least the older ones) don't want to leave Las Vegas.  Neither does Gigi or Eric. 

There's no way Karen's mother doesn't know she's pregnant.  All the kids know, so there's no way one of them didn't slip up and tell her.

Derrico and Karen are saying they met on the dance floor.  Didn't they say they had met when they were flight attendants or am I thinking of some other show?  

• Love 2