Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: The End Is at Hand / S07.E13: What We’re Fighting For

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

Sure and it suited her as a badass agent and one on one trainer but she can't be a fighter doing flips forever.  If May is the same age as Ming Na Wen who is 56(!) she's less than a decade where her body forces her to retire anyway. Being a teacher requires more openness and a willingness to connect.

May could have easily became teacher without this convenient new power. She has never lacked the skills necessary for that. It seemed to me that they reverted her to early season 1 May in order for her to have some character "development" later. She couldn't feel any emotions except for other people's at first, I don't even recall if it was ever explained how and when she regained her own emotions. Maybe I have missed something and that's why I am confused by it all. 😉

I wonder if Daisy/Sousa was so low-key because it finally dawned on the writers (or the network executives) that romance does not have to be 100% angst. I don't ship those two, don't get me wrong, but it was such a relief to have relationship without excessive melodrama and contrived obstacles.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
8 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Did the ex-Chronicoms get recruited into S.H.I.E.L.D. (or S.W.O.R.D.)?  

Well that is TV spinoff 101. The only way a Worf, Teal'c, 7 of 9...isn't added would be Feige having control and adding some other alien like a blue Kree or Ravenger

Little bit of headcanon bending; but on another board I'm on, a theory has been proposed that makes things nice and fun....

Agents of SHIELD takes place on the timeline that Thanos jumped from in Endgame. Thus Thanos isn't around to gather the stones and do the Snap! in AOS time since he died in the MCU timeline. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

May could have easily became teacher without this convenient new power. She has never lacked the skills necessary for that. It seemed to me that they reverted her to early season 1 May in order for her to have some character "development" later. She couldn't feel any emotions except for other people's at first, I don't even recall if it was ever explained how and when she regained her own emotions. Maybe I have missed something and that's why I am confused by it all. 😉

As the season went on, May's empathy powers became stronger. She no longer needed to be in actual contact with the person to know what they were feeling. I guess that this also resulted in her reacquiring her own empathy. Just a guess.

Since almost all the SHIELD bases were destroyed in the current Deke timeline, I wonder if any members of his band survived. I have no doubt he'll thrive there. So many songs to steal as his own. Much like when he stole SHIELD tech to become rich, he'll be rich in this timeline as well. I also agree with those who said that it would be very weird for Deke to be with the rest in their timeline. He'd pretty much be an uncle to his own mother. Reminds me of the song I'm My Own Grandpa.

If you've seen my family try to organize a ZOOM get together, you'd understand why trying to get more than three people together at any one time w/o lengthy prior planning can be an exercise in futility. A set time one year later makes sense.

I liked that the characters have good lives ahead and will continue staying in touch. Overall, I was pleased with the finale.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Loandbehold said:

If you've seen my family try to organize a ZOOM get together, you'd understand why trying to get more than three people together at any one time w/o lengthy prior planning can be an exercise in futility. A set time one year later makes sense.

My family has been doing this actually every two weeks since the start of Covid. We do have to deal with different timezones and countries.  On average call there's between 8-10 of us all different generations. And for the most part talk for about a hr not the five minutes seen in the episode. Now I get they couldn't show an hr conversation but they could have implied that they talked longer and not had them in the middle of doing important things.  I realize that I'm beating a deadhorse at this point.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Loandbehold said:

As the season went on, May's empathy powers became stronger. She no longer needed to be in actual contact with the person to know what they were feeling. I guess that this also resulted in her reacquiring her own empathy. Just a guess.

Since almost all the SHIELD bases were destroyed in the current Deke timeline, I wonder if any members of his band survived. I have no doubt he'll thrive there. So many songs to steal as his own. Much like when he stole SHIELD tech to become rich, he'll be rich in this timeline as well. I also agree with those who said that it would be very weird for Deke to be with the rest in their timeline. He'd pretty much be an uncle to his own mother. Reminds me of the song I'm My Own Grandpa.

I liked that the characters have good lives ahead and will continue staying in touch. Overall, I was pleased with the finale.

We had them heading to the academy, maybe not in attendance yet. 

As noted, the fact that everyone was basically in the middle of something implies this was a spur of the moment thing. Someone noticed the 1 year anniversary was coming up, probably proposed some times for a quick "Touch base" meeting, and this was likely the only time they could hang together, even while doing other things. 

Next year, being more forewarned, they should be able to book the time for a longer, less time-critical meeting to hang out more.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, swanpride said:

Regarding the new timeline: Not sure if Thanos would have it easier or not. With all the knowledge Deke has, it could give earth an advantage.

Hopefully Deke has at least a half ass knowledge of his history. First step would obviously be to rescue Cap decades earlier (or get Howard Stark to do it). Then get Cap to rescue Bucky (all the Shield bases blowing up means lots of dead Hydra). Then just let Cap do everything, including reach out to Wakanda and be there in New Mexico when Thor arrives.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

I wonder if Daisy/Sousa was so low-key because it finally dawned on the writers (or the network executives) that romance does not have to be 100% angst. I don't ship those two, don't get me wrong, but it was such a relief to have relationship without excessive melodrama and contrived obstacles.

I don't have a problem with May's recent character development doesn't revolve around a guy. Coulson and Andrew liked her just the way she was. This was for her moving forward in the next stage of her life.

One of the great things about the FitzSimmons ship is it allowed Daisy to go on her heros journey arc without involving any big angsty romance involved. Fans could invest in that OTP and their happy ending while letting Daisy be free not to be attached to any one particular person over the series. Sure there was Ward, and Lincoln and now Sousa but hers wasn't THE ship on the show as it would have been on others.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

I still don't understand why the team broke up? I understand why Fitz/Simmons would want to retire and Deke stayed in the 80's but the others could still work as a team so why/who split them up?

I think it was just time. Fitzsimmons already knew this was going to be their last mission, because of Alya, and with those two retiring and moving on with their lives, with this last epic mission complete, it was time for everyone else to reassess. LMD!Coulson had said all along that he was just active for this one mission and once it was over would have to assess his situation, so that was another one who was always going to be out after this mission. May, despite being in excellent shape, is approaching the time when she would naturally age out of fieldwork, so it was a good time for her to choose to take a step back - I mean, the last time anyone wants to find out their body can't cope with the physicality of their job anymore is in the middle of a fight for their life, after all. So with a big mission of this nature complete - and having effectively died and come back to life with a new superpower, it was the right time for May to move to the next phase of her career. Everyone else is still with SHIELD, they've just moved into new roles that mean they aren't all running missions together as a team all the time - and honestly, as Director, Mack shouldn't be running the kind of field missions he has been, he should be focusing on rebuilding and running the organisation as a whole (not to mention that he never truly wanted to be in the field in the first place), so his stepping back from field work also makes sense. That leaves Daisy and Elena, who have effectively been promoted to become leaders of their own teams. It makes sense as development for all of them.

1 hour ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

When May first woke up, she was effectively in shock. She'd been dead, thrown into an alien realm where the nature of life and death are totally different than in our dimension, and then came back to life with a completely new empathic sense. It makes sense that it took a while for her to adjust and figure out what was going on. Her own emotions shut down because they were shocked and overwhelmed, I'd guess, and then as she adjusted to her new empathic ability, she learned how to filter what she was feeling, learned how to recognise the difference between her own emotions and those of other people. They didn't ever have a scene in which she realised she was feeling her own emotions instead of someone else's, though, no. I guess we were meant to figure it out from context. 😉

I agree that it was a relief to have such a low-key romance with no manufactured angst getting in the way - I absolutely ship it!

• Love 5
On 8/14/2020 at 1:00 PM, Llywela said:

When May first woke up, she was effectively in shock. She'd been dead, thrown into an alien realm where the nature of life and death are totally different than in our dimension, and then came back to life with a completely new empathic sense. It makes sense that it took a while for her to adjust and figure out what was going on. Her own emotions shut down because they were shocked and overwhelmed, I'd guess, and then as she adjusted to her new empathic ability, she learned how to filter what she was feeling, learned how to recognise the difference between her own emotions and those of other people. They didn't ever have a scene in which she realised she was feeling her own emotions instead of someone else's, though, no. I guess we were meant to figure it out from context. 😉

In addition to all of that May also woke up with only Enoch on the Zephyr. May feeling nothing was the first indicator of her new ability. She had no emotions but an overwhelming drive to help her team at all costs. That’s Enoch to a tee. 

Edited by Guest

But it can't be hurt to make a lot of noise that having Daisy in an Agents of Sword show is very much wanted.

I'm sorry, but I'm not interested.  I'm not interested in a SWORD television series.  And I'm not interested in one starring Daisy.  The only MCU property I'm looking forward to is "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier".  That's it.

• Love 3
On 8/13/2020 at 4:45 PM, rmontro said:

I have a question:  At the end, Coulson opened up the briefcase and it had two things in it - the keys to the car and something else.  What was the something else?  

I erased my copy from my DVR, so I can't go back and check.

Upon further review the decision on the field has been reversed the the booth referee says it was the LMD kill switch.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 8/13/2020 at 7:45 PM, rmontro said:

I have a question:  At the end, Coulson opened up the briefcase and it had two things in it - the keys to the car and something else.  What was the something else?  

I erased my copy from my DVR, so I can't go back and check.

1 hour ago, Raja said:

Upon further review the decision on the field has been reversed the the booth referee says it was the LMD kill switch.

It IS Coulson's LMD remote. Confirmed. In the media thread, I posted the video of the final AOS table read. It's at 10.08 in the video. Jeffrey Bell, Exec. Producer/Showrunner: "Inside [the briefcase] is his LMD remote and a pair of car keys."

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, LJones41 said:

I'm not interested in a SWORD television series.  And I'm not interested in one starring Daisy.  The only MCU property I'm looking forward to is "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier".  That's it.

I'm looking forward to WandaVision.

9 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

It IS Coulson's LMD remote. Confirmed. In the media thread, I posted the video of the final AOS table read. It's at 10.08 in the video. Jeffrey Bell, Exec. Producer/Showrunner: "Inside [the briefcase] is his LMD remote and a pair of car keys."

Okay, that makes a lot of sense.  Gives him full autonomy.  It would be kind of creepy if someone else was keeping it.

• Love 2

It's crazy to think at the same time the FitzSimmons family is playing happily in a field an earlier version of themselves is off in the Zephyr near the Alya system with their baby just have been born and Enoch alive and will be their for the next four years. The show managed to have alternate timelines AND a stable time loop(bootstrap paradox). Something ENDGAME tried and not succeeded.

• Love 4

Man that would be some way to mess with a kid's head. She was born in 2019, but she was ~5 years old in 2018 when they closed the time loop. (Or whatever the years are). When she turns 16 and looks for her drivers license, if she's bad, they could claim she's only 12 and needs to wait. Ditto for when she turns 21 and wants to get alcohol. 🙂

• LOL 2
18 minutes ago, Taeolas said:

Man that would be some way to mess with a kid's head. She was born in 2019, but she was ~5 years old in 2018 when they closed the time loop. (Or whatever the years are). When she turns 16 and looks for her drivers license, if she's bad, they could claim she's only 12 and needs to wait. Ditto for when she turns 21 and wants to get alcohol. 🙂

I'm pretty sure SHIELD have the ability to fudge the paperwork. Heck, Fitzsimmons could do it themselves, come to that. (I'd put her at 3-4 in this episode, based on height, appearance and speech.)

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Taeolas said:

So the question is she alone or do half of the kids around her  have a similar story? How much of the story of what S.H.I.E.L.D. just done goes public compared to how much of The Avengers actions were known in that timeline?

I guess we will never know for sure.

At this point I feel like this is no longer with the MCU. The girl was born 2019 and was about 4. However it is 2020 (after the year later). So she is now 5 and if it was still in the MCU timeline it would put it right in the middle of the 5 yr gap in Endgame. So I'm going with this is another reality or separate cannon at this point so there was no snap. I imagine they can get her a fake birth certificate that shows her actual age on it. Because she'll be starting school at this point.

Edited by blueray
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, swanpride said:

They can just claim that she is one of the snapped.

She would be the opposite of the snapped. Those that are snapped are 5 years younger than their supposed to be. Alya is older than she’s supposed to be. Of course she wasn’t born an earth and is going to need a fake birth certificate no matter what so her parents can just change her birth year  

1 hour ago, blueray said:

At this point I feel like this is no longer with the MCU. The girl was born 2019 and was about 4. However it is 2020 (after the year later). So she is now 5 and if it was still in the MCU timeline it would put it right in the middle of the 5 yr gap in Endgame. So I'm going with this is another reality or separate cannon at this point so there was no snap. I imagine they can get her a fake birth certificate that shows her actual age on it. Because she'll be starting school at this point.

This show has messed around with time travel enough I have no problem with the idea that they are in an alternate timeline from the MCU.

Edited by Guest

Oh, right, naturally.

I think there are two possibilities: We either saw the timeline which split in 2014 when Thanos went to another timeline or, more likely, it is the same timeline but the snap just never got mentioned because the Agents simply have other concerns.

51 minutes ago, swanpride said:

Oh, right, naturally.

I think there are two possibilities: We either saw the timeline which split in 2014 when Thanos went to another timeline or, more likely, it is the same timeline but the snap just never got mentioned because the Agents simply have other concerns.

Season 5 could not be in the Thanos jumps to the future timeline because the second half was the effort to  prepare for him by Graviton.

On 8/14/2020 at 1:48 PM, Taeolas said:

As for SWORD, it's basically SHIELD in space. SHIELD watches the ground, while SWORD watches the skies. When it is more set up, it basically acts as customs for aliens arriving on Earth

Lol, sounds like Men in Black.

My enjoyment was marred by too many what the... moments. Not the least of which was Kora's Swiss army knife power. From being a danger to herself and others it only took a "you only need to lose control" pep-talk and some of that proverbial shoot the tin cans off the fence post practice and she can not only burn a man's face nearly off or shoot a hole through someone but she can trip all the breakers in the Lighthouse by aiming a blast at the wall and then boost a radio signal (not drown out or disrupt it but boost it) by blasting the walls of a spaceship this time and then go on to resuscitate someone who's been killed by being at ground zero of an explosion that blew up an entire spaceship then undergoing flash-freezing and explosive decompression. Sure, show, why not? (maybe I should just accept that she's a reality-warper who doesn't quite yet realize it).

Then that same exploding spaceship somehow caused a chain-reaction of ship-destroying explosions in all the other Chronicom ships. Sure, show, why stop now?

And all they needed to do to call off the invasion was to give the Chronicoms some feels. Sure, show, resistance is futile.

On the plus side, I got the biggest chuckle out of Deke's impression of Fitz.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, dstv said:

On to the more important question...did anyone catch what book Sousa was reading in his final scene?

Something by Carl Sagan. I didn't catch the title, but the author's name was very visible.

6 hours ago, Llywela said:

Something by Carl Sagan. I didn't catch the title, but the author's name was very visible.

I didn't see the title either, but it was the same book that Fitz was reading when they were on their little family vacation.

On 8/14/2020 at 5:34 PM, LJones41 said:

I'm sorry, but I'm not interested.  I'm not interested in a SWORD television series.  And I'm not interested in one starring Daisy.  The only MCU property I'm looking forward to is "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier".  That's it.

Yea I think I am ok with these characters being done too. They had a good run with some good stories but I am good with moving onto something else. The only exception would be seeing more 90's Coulson in Captain Marvel 2.

I was just thinking they could just say season 6 takes a place a year after Avengers Endgame. The whole team got snapped(including Piper and Davis) and returned five years later. Fitz was the only one who wasn't and remained frozen being watched over by Enoch who had no clue what was going on in the rest of the universe!

• Love 1
Just now, VCRTracking said:

I was just thinking they could just say season 6 takes a place a year after Avengers Endgame. The whole team got snapped(including Piper and Davis) and returned five years later. Fitz was the only one who wasn't and remained frozen being watched over by Enoch who had no clue what was going on in the rest of the universe!

I don't think that really fits well with the season 5 fly off to Tahiti ending of the series season 5 before they jumped a year for the season 6 and Big S.H.I.E.L.D. Maybe during the decimation nobody like the Vulture  cleaned up the S.H.I.E.L.D. and Confederation tech in Chicago and Damage Control manned up during the crisis.

Season 6 being mostly set in small towns being in the 5 year gap but the audience just not hearing the despair about the snapture from any character on screen is just as viable.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Raja said:

I don't think that really fits well with the season 5 fly off to Tahiti ending of the series season 5 before they jumped a year for the season 6 and Big S.H.I.E.L.D. Maybe during the decimation nobody like the Vulture  cleaned up the S.H.I.E.L.D. and Confederation tech in Chicago and Damage Control manned up during the crisis.

Season 6 being mostly set in small towns being in the 5 year gap but the audience just not hearing the despair about the snapture from any character on screen is just as viable.

I'm talking about a year after Endgame where everybody was brought back. Spider-Man Far From Home set a few months after, the general public seemed to be like "Wow, that was crazy right?" and back to normal.

This occurred to me last night, but I have an explanation as to why Daisy survived the destruction of the ship;

Daisy did a wholescale body-quake that reverbarated through the ship, destroying everything around her, but also shielded her from anything happening outside her little wave bubble. Having spent all her energy, and the ship destroyed, with no ship to land on, she would just drift in space.

Think of what she did at the end of "One Door Closes", or how she survived the temple collapse-since she was the one pushing out waves of destruction, and herself and right around her weren't affected, which clued Fitz in to the fact Daisy was the cause of it.

Maybe that doesn't pass muster, but it's the best explanation I can think of.

• Love 2

ABC has posted Youtube videos of certain scenes from the AoS series finale...

Daisy and Sousa Kiss - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. [includes Deke's impression of Fitz]

Fitz Is Back! - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Fitz Helps Simmons Remember How They Got Here - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Kora and Daisy's Inevitable Showdown - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Fitz & Simmons Have a Baby and the Team Reunites - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The End - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Raja said:
20 hours ago, MisterGlass said:

I just have trouble picturing Enoch as a midwife.

He would just reassign himself and go back to the hunter package later.

Oh, I don't doubt that he could implant technical knowledge.  His bedside manner, on the other hand...

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, StarBrand said:

This occurred to me last night, but I have an explanation as to why Daisy survived the destruction of the ship;

Daisy did a wholescale body-quake that reverbarated through the ship, destroying everything around her, but also shielded her from anything happening outside her little wave bubble. Having spent all her energy, and the ship destroyed, with no ship to land on, she would just drift in space.

Think of what she did at the end of "One Door Closes", or how she survived the temple collapse-since she was the one pushing out waves of destruction, and herself and right around her weren't affected, which clued Fitz in to the fact Daisy was the cause of it.

Maybe that doesn't pass muster, but it's the best explanation I can think of.

Sounds plausible to me. 🙂 

I re-watched season one of Agent Carter over the weekend, and every time Daniel Sousa was on-screen talking to literally anyone in the cast (but especially whenever Thompson put him down in any way) I wanted to grab that person by the lapels and scream into their face, "You will never believe where this guy ends up!!!" 😄 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I never had a problem with how the main characters ended up by the end.  After all, they're all alive.  And I certainly had no problems with their fates.  But I had a problem with how the writers handled the time travel aspect of Season Seven - especially having the Chronicoms going after Wilfrid Malick in the premiere, when it would have made more sense for them to go after Johnann Schmidt, if they had wanted to prevent the formation of the S.S.R.  I had a problem with the idea of Daniel Sousa informing an older Malick about his suspicions regarding HYDRA's infiltration of S.H.I.E.L.D., when the more plausible solution would have been him informing Peggy Carter or Howard Stark.  After all, he was a high-ranking S.H.I.E.L.D. official, familiar with Howard and Peggy's former lover.  I had a problem with Nathaniel Malick, who turned out to be an overrated wuss, just like the Superior from Seasons Four and late Season Five..  And I really had a problem how the writers handled time travel following Jiaying's death by keeping Daisy alive.  A major problem.  For me, the season jumped the shark at that moment.

I think that all things considered, this was a wonderful close to the show. No, we didn't get a tie-in to the Snap, but with all that they had to wrap up with this show's own narrative, it became kind of obvious there wouldn't have been time to fit that in. And all I truly wanted out of the end was for the characters (who I've always argued would need years and years of therapy after everything they've been through) to finally be able to BREATHE. For goodness sake, I am so glad they get to be happy now.

• I liked the final action pieces and how it emphasized a group effort. Everyone had a part to play and they played their parts well. The Quake vs Nathaniel battle was good, and I liked seeing Daisy use the fullest extent of her planet-shattering powers. Almost thought we'd lost her for a second, ala some kind of "Tony Stark" sacrifice moment, but I'm beyond glad she lived. 
  • The final tie-in to the movies came in the form of the Quantum Realm, which was a very cool moment, and seeing all the timey-wimey shenanigans going on at the temple was fun, including that the team were actually the people in the Hazmat suits.  And I had to laugh at how literally everything went by in a span of a few minutes for Piper and Flint (glad we got to see those two again!). 
  • It was sad that Deke stayed behind, but I think I was okay with it for a few reasons. The agents' timeline was not his own anyway, there's a chance Fitzsimmons will see him again through their daughter (though, I do question that), and if anyone can make the most of it - it's him. He knows how to turn out opportunities for himself clearly, and that's something the writers have shown time and time again, even if sometimes the circumstances have been pretty crappy. I hated Deke initially when he sold Daisy into slavery for money, and I still haven't forgotten about that, but I think Season 7 has matured the character a great deal, and might I say I actually enjoyed him this year. Glad they didn't pair him off with Daisy at any point, though.
  • Fitzsimmons getting a happy ending with their child is deserved after literally an entire show of them being kept apart by time, space, and the whole universe. I haven't always liked Fitz, specifically after what he did to Daisy in The Devil Complex (though I realize this isn't the same Fitz who did that), but I will say that happy looks good on him, and Simmons. Finally.
  • Mack looks good as director of a fully-realized S.H.I.E.L.D again. I liked seeing Yo-Yo still in action as an agent (and how sweet that Piper asked for Davis back as an LMD!). And May as a teacher at the Coulson Academy was awesome! Still cracking up at her line earlier that "flying used to be all she did". A clear reference to the first few episodes where she was only brought on as a pilot but increasingly got in on the action.
  • I'm surprised the writers let LMD!Chronicom!Coulson live. I wonder if this means we can see him again on the film side, and have his resurrection be more easily explained as him being an LMD. In that way, the movie side wouldn't have to address the events of AOS, like they already don't like to do (eyeroll).
  • For Daisy's ending, I used to picture it as her being the Director of SHIELD, but I know there just wasn't time left to get to that point, and I can deal with that. I do like what we got though. She's leader of her own post, she has a new family in Sousa and Kora, and she finally got to have a love worthy of her. Daisy-Sousa was one of the most unexpected highlights of the final season, and it was done beautifully. Credit to the chemistry of Chloe and Enver, and the talent of the writers to pull off a new romance at the dead end of the series. I wonder if Daisy being in space could set her up for future appearances in the wider MCU (S.W.O.R.D. anyone?). Out of everyone, she's such a character totally primed for the movies at this point, and I'd be sad if I never saw her again.

All in all, it's been an amazing ride from "the little show that could." A show that has taken more risks and has arguably been more enjoyable than most of the films in the MCU combined. Hats off to Agents of SHIELD, and may we see these characters and their world again someday!

Edited by teenj12
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, teenj12 said:

For Daisy's ending, I used to picture it as her being the Director of SHIELD, but I know there just wasn't time left to get to that point, and I can deal with that. I do like what we got though. She's leader of her own post, she has a new family in Sousa and Kora, and she finally got to have a love worthy of her. Daisy-Sousa was one of the most unexpected highlights of the final season, and it was done beautifully. Credit to the chemistry of Chloe and Enver, and the talent of the writers to pull off a new romance at the dead end of the series. I wonder if Daisy being in space could set her up for future appearances in the wider MCU (S.W.O.R.D. anyone?). Out of everyone, she's such a character totally primed for the movies at this point, and I'd be sad if I never saw her again.

🙂 Give Daisy another 10-15 years, and I'd say she's a dead cert to still become Director someday - only by then she'll have some solid leadership experience behind her to back it up, unlike when Coulson tried to push her into the role in S5, which she was absolutely not ready for.

I really love how open-ended everyone's endings were. Now this is how to play a 'the story goes on' ending. They've all gone their separate ways, but the future is wide open for each of them, with a universe of new stories to tell - fertile ground for fanfiction (or spin-offs)! 

• Love 4

As for when we see these guys again, I doubt they'll show up in any live MCU properties; but they are working on a What if... animated series. They're already getting Peggy Carter (as Captain America) in it. So if we're going to see an Agents of SHIELD continuation of some sort, it will probably be in this series. 

• Love 1

Can someone explain to me how Flint is still around? I know Azel (was that her name?) manifested him in last season's finale but I thought he was just that, a manifestation (similar to Deke's mom a couple seasons back). And if he's not a manifestation, like Azel was actually able to bring him back from the future, wouldn't it be a different Flint since the future was changed and Flint did not have to live through the Kree's rule? And therefore, he wouldn't know the agents/about shield and maybe not even have his powers?

17 minutes ago, Samwise979 said:

Can someone explain to me how Flint is still around? I know Azel (was that her name?) manifested him in last season's finale but I thought he was just that, a manifestation (similar to Deke's mom a couple seasons back). And if he's not a manifestation, like Azel was actually able to bring him back from the future, wouldn't it be a different Flint since the future was changed and Flint did not have to live through the Kree's rule? And therefore, he wouldn't know the agents/about shield and maybe not even have his powers?

It wasn't a manifestation. It was supernatural creation. The monolith found Mack and Yo-Yo's fear, that Flint was the only thing they knew of that could help Izel and created another Flint.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Samwise979 said:

He wasn't a manifestation but a real, living, breathing Flint, created out of raw firmament by the creation monolith - in exactly the same way that Sarge was created out of raw firmament based on Coulson. So this Flint is essentially a duplicate or clone of the Flint who still exists in the other timeline, created exactly as he was there, based I guess on Mack and Elena's memories of him (with perfect detailing provided by the monoliths, which can, after all, reach across both time and space).

• Love 2