Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E01: Season Premiere

• Start Topic

X

14 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I was hoping against hope that Danielle R. would be there.  I would kill to see Marcellus back again.  I have said this plenty of times before but Marcellus was the biggest reason why I got into the show in the first place. 

I hate the fact that I find Christmas to be hot, it truly does bother me.  I mean I know she's an asshole but damn is she sexy, especially when she has her glasses on.  Really there is not one unattractive woman in the house this season.

Where is Chicken George?

Great to see my favorite alliance back together again (Kaysar and Janelle). 

I forgot to add, Cody and Paulie sound exactly alike.  When I heard his voice I was not looking up and I thought, "Oh shit it's this asshole.  They didn't put him on the Challenge but I have to suffer dealing with him for the rest of the summer."  Glad it was Cody, at least Cody isn't a crazy asshole.

I was really, really hoping for Danielle and Marcellus, too. But once the flamboyant dude from a season I didn’t watch was introduced, I knew we’d met our quota and there would be no Marcellus. Same with Da’Vonne and Bayleigh. 

I was fine with Cody when he first played, but then Paulie existed and now my opinion of Cody is somewhat diminished by association. Not his fault, but I really hated Paulie.

I was kind of over Janelle and Kaysar (because I only recently saw their previous seasons and enough was enough) but I caught a little of them on the live feeds last night and they have both become such charming and level headed grownups, I’m in love again.

10 hours ago, SnideAsides said:

It's not Grodner's fault people who've been on this show before and know what challenges turn up every year didn't bother practicing one of the most stock-standard recurring challenges of all. 

How? Are they supposed to build giant tilting wooden ball mazes in their backyards?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

How? Are they supposed to build giant tilting wooden ball mazes in their backyards?

This certainly seems like an absurd thing to do, but people on American Ninja Warrior do it all the time.

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS I NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS THOUGHT I WOULD EVER SEE KAYSAR ON THIS SHOW AGAIN I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY IN MY LIFE.  Don’t tell me if he gets bounced my heart can’t take it.

• Love 10

What did Enzo say to Julie when she asked how they can win?

It was something about "dukes" and it ended up being a reference to his late father.

I don't mind Enzo. I thought "Meow meow" was the stupidest thing I'd ever heard in my entire life, and I absolutely hated that alliance. But out of the four of them, I minded him the least because he was good for a laugh. I remember the week he spent in the penguin outfit as being rather amusing. He wore it well and with good humor.

• Love 3

Oh, I don't know if anyone mentioned this before (I watched super late at night) but it made me laugh when people would burst through the door and not go directly to the backyard. Like that was part of the instructions you dumb dumbs.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

David is still so hot but my heart belongs to Kaysar.  Sorry.

Can we swap blond Nicole for Victor?  

I literally (and I am using that correctly, your dogs are not literally your children, Keesha) just saw Bayleigh last week, and for over a month before that.  Please may I have a break?  She looks like she’s going to be the first DOR anyhow.

Blond pigtailed Nicole next to Janey, Day and Bayleigh is like a whole other species.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

They're a fairly common thing in toy shops. Maybe not the exact same setup with the handles or whatever but you could DEFINITELY practice how to, for instance, get balls around corners and into holes with a little handheld ball maze.

• Useful 1

I have not watched every season so I didn't recognize everyone but it seems like a good cast. 

The first season I watched was 8 so I was really hoping Eric would be on and very happy Evil Dick was not on. And didn't recognize Danielle at all until they showed the clip. 

Although I am extremely happy that David is getting another chance at this, how does being booted off day one of your season make you an all star?

Looking forward to a good season!!

ETA: reading through everyone's comments, I guess I have to really pay attention to this Kaysar guy. Atm I have no idea who you all are talking about. 

Edited by Samwise979
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

It was something about "dukes" and it ended up being a reference to his late father.

I don't mind Enzo. I thought "Meow meow" was the stupidest thing I'd ever heard in my entire life, and I absolutely hated that alliance. But out of the four of them, I minded him the least because he was good for a laugh. I remember the week he spent in the penguin outfit as being rather amusing. He wore it well and with good humor.

Thank you! Pop Dukes! 

I wondered what it could mean until he said his dad. But it was hilarious. 

1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

One good thing... Frankie Grande has been a rumoured house guest.   Dodged a bullet.  

I just hope that's the only shots fired this season we'll have to duck... there's still room for shenanigans imho. There could be an 'invasion' of 4 more HGs as a "twist" or something... they could be delaying while more people go through a quarentine and add them in later. This crowd is a little too "tame" for a US BB season I think so we could see a pack of four shit-sturrers because they feel they need more drama. I'd love to be wrong on this one but I don't trust this prod. group. Quick as you can say 'Mr. Pectacular' things could change.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 2

I love the idea of adding shit stirrers. But you're right it definitely depends on the quarantine. I would assume if they have anyone else enter that would affect they game they would have had to start quarantine before last night, cause if they have access to computers, TV or phones, they would know what's going on in the game and that's an unfair advantage.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

Thank you! Pop Dukes! 

I wondered what it could mean until he said his dad. But it was hilarious. 

Until he clarified that it was a reference to his dad, I assumed it was an Enzo-ish way of saying "throw hands" as in "put up your dukes" LOL

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

Although I am extremely happy that David is getting another chance at this, how does being booted off day one of your season make you an all star?

LOL! True and did you notice when everybody was going around hugging, he was literally wandering around just looking for somebody, anybody to hug?

• Love 2

I forgot to say, and it does pain me to say this, sorry Cody and Memphis neither of your duos were the best two person alliance.  Now to the part that makes it painful, the best duo alliance was Chill Town.  Both members won a season (I like Dr. Will, hate Mike with a passion) so that automatically makes them better than your duos (Well I guess Shannon was part of Chill Town but the core was Mike and Will).

• Love 2
4 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I forgot to say, and it does pain me to say this, sorry Cody and Memphis neither of your duos were the best two person alliance. 

Agreed here. I will also grudgingly say that Chill Town did it earlier and more effectively. Especially putting Cody in the convo is revisionist history at best. You can be a good winner (Derrick) and your Confederacy of Dunces can still be unworthy of 'best alliance' distinction. In his case he clearly called all the shots and others just had to fall in line. Also there is the "and nobody knew" factor to a truly effective alliance that needs to factor in. Alliances that ran the game under the other contestants radar get bonus points on the 'best ever' list in my opinion.

• Love 2

I wonder if any of the hamsters are ones Janey talked shit about on Twitter, or if they are all ones she liked and rooted for.

Cody is all salty because he read what people said about his game and they weren’t wrong.

• Love 2

I would have preferred just second timers, twice is enough for someone on Big Brother.  There's enough people who are interesting enough for a second chance.  I know some people are hyped up as legends but the gameplay isn't that amazing on this show.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, amazingracefan said:

I was surprised Bayleigh came back after her first experience.

Are you kidding?  They got CAMERAS to point at her, fer crying out loud.  To get in front of a camera Bayleaf would probably hit the set so hard she’d knock the poor donut girl on her ass.

Edited by Nashville
Too wordy - editing down
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Tyler looks awful compared to just a few short years ago.  I love the blond curls, but he needs someone to cut and SHAPE his hair so it doesn't look so sad and unkempt.  

I agree. They are too long now and the hair doesn't look as good. 

• Love 1
On 8/6/2020 at 6:07 PM, iMonrey said:

I like Enzo, too. The “Meow Meow” thing is ridiculous but I think he wants it to be ridiculous. He’s wacky but I genuinely think he likes being in the house and meeting all the people. I think what we see on BB is exactly who he is, which is refreshing for this show and probably would be one of the most fun cast members to hang with. I kind of have a soft spot for him, obviously. 
And the guy from last season, David? I didn’t watch last season so I have no clue who he is and I wonder if any of the other houseguests do? He was an immediate boot. This might actually be a great strategy, which he obviously didn’t come up with on his own, but if he can play under the radar he might be golden. All of these “ all stars” are going to go after each other. If he plays social, and takes advantage of being a newbie, this could carry him far. Plus I wouldn’t mind him on my screen for a while because I think he’s gorgeous.

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Are you kidding?  They got CAMERAS to point at her, fer crying out loud.  To get in front of a camera Bayleaf would probably hit the set so hard she’d knock the poor donut girl on her ass.

Yes I know but maybe there's other shows to try out on.  Or perhaps she doesn't have other options and that explains it.

The concept of All Stars is hazy, it's obvious that she's put in more for notoriety than anything.  Some others are more comp beasts.  Some got far, some didn't.  Different viewers will have different favourites, some of it guided by the edit and some by just who they find more affinity or entertainment with.  To me it's simply an all returnee season, and I never like it when newbies are mixed with vets anyway.  It's not like the Survivor all winners season where there's a clearly defined concept.  They'll try and hype them as 'all stars', and Julie calls them that, but she could easily just call them 'returnees' or just plain old 'housguests'.

• Love 2
On 8/8/2020 at 7:01 PM, woodscommaelle said:

Julie is really bad at her job. She’s a terrible host. 
I did love her dress, though. 

Oh, I think Julie's whole Chen-bot schtick is part of the BB zeitgeist.  But I can see where you'd give her poor marks for control of her contestants:

"You're not listening to me.  If you don't sit down, you will be evicted.  I'm just kidding.  Please listen to me.  Is anyone listening to me?  Sit down or you will be evicted.  Just kidding.  Sit down.  Sit down.  Anyone who doesn't sit down will be evicted and this time I'm not kidding.  That's a joke."

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, candall said:

Oh, I think Julie's whole Chen-bot schtick is part of the BB zeitgeist.  But I can see where you'd give her poor marks for control of her contestants:

"You're not listening to me.  If you don't sit down, you will be evicted.  I'm just kidding.  Please listen to me.  Is anyone listening to me?  Sit down or you will be evicted.  Just kidding.  Sit down.  Sit down.  Anyone who doesn't sit down will be evicted and this time I'm not kidding.  That's a joke."

I thought that was so damn funny.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I'm not totally disappointed with the cast but most of them aren't all stars!

I was hoping they'd do it right and bring back former winners and others who lasted until final 5 at least.

Some of these people are the biggest losers and I barely remember them.  Ugh!

They'll probably get picked off one after another and we'll wind up with Cody winning since he's Kastings golden boy.

Oh well at least Paul Abrahamian's stupid face isn't there, can't stand him or that witch Christmas.

9 hours ago, candall said:

She’s like a teacher with absolutely zero classroom management skills.  Just. So. Bad. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1