Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
ByTor

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but did they do any sort of plaza performance? I’m guessing not, but just wondering. 

16 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Not everybody is this good, of course, but look at Holly, her torso is straight as straight can be.

giphy.gif

Aw, is that Alexandra in that line? I was really rooting for her season 12, but that’s a really clear difference in ability.

• Like 3

@Dr. Donna, yes it's Alexandra, and yes, a very clear difference 🙂   I'd be like "oh crap" if I were put in that group!

• Laugh 4

3 hours ago, Dtowngal5280 said:

They also had to turn off the comments when someone asked - I believe this is word for word.  "Why are the cheerleaders wearing masks?"  That was a fun thread - I can't find it now ... this was last night.

I commented on that thread! EVERYONE was flipping loosing their minds because "I can't see their beautiful smiles. It's making me sad. WAH!" I replied that it was a league DIRECTIVE! Didn't make an impression. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

On 9/20/2020 at 9:15 PM, MonaMechelle said:

Seeing the girls dance on the touchdown decks really highlights how unnecessary it was for them to have a training camp and new rookies. If the extent to which they can dance at a game is in a line of 18, in a relatively empty stadium and with way less camera time overall, it should have been a vets only season and Brennan, Hannah, Lily and Meredith should have been given an opportunity to be on the team. While I wasn’t particularly bothered about wanting to hold auditions despite the pandemic, seeing how very little the girls were shown today highlights how much this sucks for those 4 vets.

In my opinion the only reason they held tryouts was to make a TV show. There was no other reason to hold TC in a global pandemic. Kelli & Charlottes greed for money and fame took over. They should have gone with the vets and called it a year. 

• Like 24

1 hour ago, Lona said:

You know. Today was shaping up to be a very sad and depressing day for me. Got laid off and thought I'd come on here to drown my sorrows.

But my oh my what is this? A DCC fandom war? 😆. Just what this downtrodden soul needs to cheer him back up! What will be our method of attack? Or infiltration????

image.png.50c4712eb5e2b19257ddce60cd6cb90b.png

Haha, for reals though. I'm so grateful for all of you guys and hanging out! And thanks @Muckypup61 for giving me a much-needed laugh!

You are welcome!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but did they do any sort of plaza performance? I’m guessing not, but just wondering. 

No they didn’t the dcrb hip hop team was on the plaza decks all day 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

I had a couple of thoughts on the touchdown decks that could potentially help.

1) I realize that they're slippery, which caused some of the girls to mark some of the moves, but you could either custom manufacture the boots to have better tread on the bottom or just attach an insert so the bottoms are more like tennis shoes. With their training, they would still be able to do turns, but they would have a little bit more grip and could kick and dance with more confidence.

2) Just stagger them in two lines! A couple of the dances posted had them get into two lines anyways, so just make that the default formation. Put the rookies in the "back" row and vets in front, and then the rookies would be able to see their vets a little better and know when to start the dances and have a guide if they forget choreography.

3) Don't put the GL2s at the end of the line. I understand why the GL1s are in the middle next to each other, so they call the same dances for the entire touchdown deck, but with the GL2s at the very end even they, as experienced vets, will have trouble knowing when to start and end the dances (Victoria was clearly having problems with timing in those videos). That also forces two vets to be on the edge, which could cause rookies to be next to each other and not have vets to follow. If the GL2 was in the center of her group, then she'd be closer to the GL1 so they would be more in sync, and it would allow for better vet/rookie alternating.

Just my thoughts based off some of the issues I saw from those videos and some raised by y'all. <shoulder shrug>

• Like 18

3 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

I like Hanna like everybody else, but if it was that bad why was she there two years and trying to make it to a third year?  I don't doubt anything she's saying, but she wanted to still be a DCC bad enough to risk what she felt was a dangerous situation so it couldn't have been all bad.  At this point she'd be better off not talking about it unless that lawsuit is coming.  And even then she should let her lawyer do the talking.  I wish her well and hope we see her again in some capacity, but bitterness can destroy a person.  Here's hoping she literally moves on and lives a blessed life.

Isn't she studying trauma? She had a photo up of books and something about school a few days ago and they were trauma psychology or something similar.

I think people are reading too much into this post, having been guilty myself previously.

• Like 15

On the whole facing the field rather than the fans. I wonder if that was done for cmt filming? We know it was cut short at training camp so maybe they were at the first game to help round out the season.

They have previously filmed the first game to show the girls on the field. And I can't imagine Judy and Kelli or more Charlotte passing this opportunity on a unique season by trying to show how world class they are with their adaptability.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

9 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

On the whole facing the field rather than the fans. I wonder if that was done for cmt filming? We know it was cut short at training camp so maybe they were at the first game to help round out the season.

They have previously filmed the first game to show the girls on the field. And I can't imagine Judy and Kelli or more Charlotte passing this opportunity on a unique season by trying to show how world class they are with their adaptability.

If that was done I hope the cameras got some good footage because a lot of it was a hot mess. 😂

• Like 3
  • Laugh 5

8 minutes ago, Jesiklyn said:

Curious if CMT cameras were allowed in the stadium or the locker room, or rooms, if they did use two.  Cause that would be how many extra people.

• Useful 2

Is it totally awful of me that I thought of Victoria when I read this? 😂 (And, yes, I'm sure she knows (at least a little) about football.)

Screenshot_2020-09-22-19-05-51.png

• Laugh 21

23 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

You don’t cut veterans so that you can have shaky rookies. Based on those videos it’s evident Judy and Kelli made rash decisions that they now have to live with. Not that they care, I’m sure.

Fixed that for you.  LOL

• Like 6
  • Laugh 7

The touchdown decks used to have a glossy surface, and it’s been covered. With the flexible sole of the boot (rubberish IIRC,) and a less slick surface, I can’t imagine the deck is all that slippery. I mean...wooden dance floors are slick as can be. So an unfamiliar surface, but good grief, I hope they got some practice time on it. They normally have dress rehearsals, so wonder if they didn’t get that time this year.  

So weird and different, but I would think less weird than the transition from studio to turf. Or carpet to turf if that’s how it worked this year. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lona said:

Haha, for reals though. I'm so grateful for all of you guys and hanging out! And thanks @Muckypup61 for giving me a much-needed laugh!

Things work out somehow.  Here's hoping you find a better job with more money.

• Like 18

17 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

this is a good example of Pom dance that me and @BulaKitty are referring to and how your arms should be in Pom and the sharpness, other good teams to watch are Rutgers and Minnesota. Rutgers were team USA at worlds a few years running. 

Wow. That was impressive and fun to watch.  THAT is what I consider to be world class.  They were precise.  I’m not a dancer but I loved watching the turns all in unison. Can you imagine DCC that that so precisely?  Even show group?  No, DCC could take a lesson from them.  Maybe their director can take over for Judy and Kelly. 

• Like 17
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

13 minutes ago, VintageJ said:

Wow. That was impressive and fun to watch.  THAT is what I consider to be world class.  They were precise.  I’m not a dancer but I loved watching the turns all in unison. Can you imagine DCC that that so precisely?  Even show group?  No, DCC could take a lesson from them.  Maybe their director can take over for Judy and Kelly. 

Agreed. Even the audience member was ‘wowwww’😂

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

The gauntlet has been thrown down at the "other" FB page. We better behave ourselves. Oh, and apparently, we're  "so-called" fans. 😄

"While most of our members are mature and have read the rules and follow them, some members (who often are members of another so-called “fan” group) are posting snide, thoughtless, inconsiderate and clearly inappropriate comments hoping to stir up some drama in our group. If you see such a comment, report it to us - once we review and find a comment clearly breaks our rules, the comment and the thread from that comment will be removed, and THE MEMBER(S) BANNED."

I’m not a participant in any FB group and only a member/fan of the official DCC page, so maybe I’m wrong, but it sounds as if you cannot say anything even remotely negative or constructive without being considered snide, thoughtless, inconsiderate or inappropriate.  I have been a member of this group and before that, TWoP, for a long time and this group is thoughtful in its critiques for the most part.  We have our moments, but we are by far, i think, one of the most ... (can’t think of the right word) thoughtful groups.  We agree to disagree, we admit when we’re wrong, we clear up misunderstandings and we have fun. So I just don’t see our group going to FB stirring up trouble.  But if you can’t say anything less than positive, then anything and everything can stir the pot, I guess.  

• Like 20

7 hours ago, methadonna said:

I am wondering if they determined that having the women face the field on game day gave them the best or only perspective for shooting.

I'm thinking the same.  Since so few people will be allowed on the field this season, few photographers will be allowed there.  Photogs have those gigantic lenses that they use, so taking still pictures from a distance would not be a problem.  So IMO the girls are mostly cheering facing the field so the TV cameras can cut to the cheerleaders during the game, as they have always done in the past, to show them on the jumbotron.  If the ladies were always cheering to the "crowd" their backsides would not make as pretty pictures all of the time!  I certainly would rather see a pretty face, even a masked one!  I remember Judy saying in one of the episodes that the cheerleaders were the entertainment, as she hears the directors constantly saying "cut to the cheerleaders."  From the NFL games that I have attended in person, (unfortunately, no Cowboys games) they did not show the TV commercials inside the stadium at every break.  So this is when the stadium shows their own commercials for local businesses and also show the cheerleaders.  

I also think that the main reason the girls did not look as polished as we are used to seeing, is because they are cheering in an incredibly long line.  A long line is just not as conducive for their normally in sync cheering.  As many of our posters here have said, the rookies are definitely at a disadvantage cheering in this different configuration.  I'm sure they will get better as the season progresses.  I also wonder how much practice they actually have had in a long line of 18 girls.  I can imagine it wasn't much.

• Like 5

I hope Cianna is on weight warning because she is definitely looking pudgy!  I hate to say that...I love her! 😔

119942801_10158699141022491_7975767695738902029_o.jpg

• Sad 9

4 hours ago, Carnival Girl said:

In my opinion the only reason they held tryouts was to make a TV show. There was no other reason to hold TC in a global pandemic. Kelli & Charlottes greed for money and fame took over. They should have gone with the vets and called it a year. 

Yes, exactly. And Hannah and Brennans cuts were probably for the drama they so desperately wanted with the shortened training camp.   

Edited by Trixi · Reason: Word change
  • Like 1
  • Sad 8

15 hours ago, Dtowngal5280 said:

Maybe they are not facing the fans - so they can look at the other groups and all do the same dance?  Don't get me wrong, I'd be pissed too if I spent good money to watch the game and couldn't see.

The reason they face away from fans is that the photographers and their cameras are on the field. No one is going to risk missing a key game shot to run up to the touchdown decks to get shots of the cheerleaders for TV. I don’t even know if they’d even be allowed in that area with COVID protocols. Face the crowd and when the cameras cut to the cheerleaders before commercials all you get is shaking ass. In the end it’s about the business, not the fans who can’t see the game.

• Like 1

I've just seen reports the NFL handed down 1.7million in fines this week for Head Coaches not wearing masks. Each coach was fined 100k and then their team 250k.

The NFL isn't messing around this season so this give the Cowboys organization no room to try and flout any of the rules that have been put forward

• Like 9
  • Useful 10

1 hour ago, Jesiklyn said:

I've just seen reports the NFL handed down 1.7million in fines this week for Head Coaches not wearing masks. Each coach was fined 100k and then their team 250k.

The NFL isn't messing around this season so this give the Cowboys organization no room to try and flout any of the rules that have been put forward

Now if only they would walk around the stadium and fine the fans sitting in the stands who aren’t wearing their masks too!

• Like 18
  • Useful 1

8 hours ago, ByTor said:

Not everybody is this good, of course, but look at Holly, her torso is straight as straight can be.

giphy.gif

God her kicks were gorgeous

• Like 21

8 hours ago, ByTor said:

giphy.gif

Holly and Lacey are two of the best kickers they've ever had. VK should've asked Holly for tips, being a 'thicker' girl. Madi's kicks look pretty here but they all look weak compared to Holly's! 

It's all about practise. Whilst flexibility is super important, posture in kicks is everything. Having a straight back, a pointed foot and not hunching over is what the girls need to work on.

• Like 15

35 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Holly and Lacey are two of the best kickers they've ever had. VK should've asked Holly for tips, being a 'thicker' girl. Madi's kicks look pretty here but they all look weak compared to Holly's! 

It's all about practise. Whilst flexibility is super important, posture in kicks is everything. Having a straight back, a pointed foot and not hunching over is what the girls need to work on.

Absolutely!

Maddie did hunch a bit for her kicks where Holly has a straight posture.

I wish Lacey and Holly could have stayed as long as Sydney!

However, we have now Jada! I just can’t wait to see her in action!

#TeamJada

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

I commented on that thread! EVERYONE was flipping loosing their minds because "I can't see their beautiful smiles. It's making me sad. WAH!" I replied that it was a league DIRECTIVE! Didn't make an impression. 

Yeah, I commented... "Well, at least they didn't ask if a new season was going to be on TV this year".... hoping someone in the thread had heard about a thing called sarcasm.  To my surprise, no one had.

• Laugh 14

21 hours ago, go4luca said:

I just don't see a reason to bring in rookies during a pandemic year where they won't be near the same capacity for performing or appearances.  They could easily do with a few less on the touchdown decks and allow for even more distancing.  If they brought in rookies and cut vets for drama, for me, that makes it even worse.  Other squads have made the choice to go with vets only and for me, that makes the most sense considering we still have a pandemic that won't be ending any time soon.  JMHO.

I will say, I am involved in leadership in a different performance industry, but I imagine it's a similar scenario -- recruitment becomes incredibly difficult if you have to take a year off of bringing in new members for any reason. DCC definitely has the benefit of being a nationally-recognized brand, but they would still face problems next year if there were no auditions or new members (or TV show for that matter).

I am not saying I think it was the right or wrong decision to make. I'm just saying I understand.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

8 minutes ago, realityjunkie771 said:

I will say, I am involved in leadership in a different performance industry, but I imagine it's a similar scenario -- recruitment becomes incredibly difficult if you have to take a year off of bringing in new members for any reason. DCC definitely has the benefit of being a nationally-recognized brand, but they would still face problems next year if there were no auditions or new members (or TV show for that matter).

I am not saying I think it was the right or wrong decision to make. I'm just saying I understand.

I had that thought too. Yes, it seems going with vet only squad was the safe call this year, but if they did that there could be real lack of members next year. It would probably be 50% rookies which would be tough! 

10 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I hope Cianna is on weight warning because she is definitely looking pudgy!  I hate to say that...I love her! 😔

119942801_10158699141022491_7975767695738902029_o.jpg

Usually when your hands are up in the air like that your stomach doesn't hang over like Cianna's is.  This just shows me how unfair Kelli is to cut the four vets she cut this year.  She knew all along she was cutting them this year for ratings on MTT and didn't care if we were in the middle of a pandemic.  The fact that she wont let the rookies post any pix is cruel.  Girls wanted to post they made TC and now want to post they made the team.  Not being able to post a pix on your first game day shows just how Kelli only thinks about the show and not the girls.  Raiderettes and MDC look like the are have a great time.  Their coach's are finding ways to make the best of this year for the girls.  Kelli really needs to find something new to do with her life.  These girls have moved to Dallas, have worked hard, they have kissed Kelli's butt and they deserve to be treated better.  

• Like 15
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

with the GL2s at the very end even they, as experienced vets, will have trouble knowing when to start and end the dances (Victoria was clearly having problems with timing in those videos).

VK isn't a 2nd GL.

2 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

So many WOC, with their beautiful curls! And SHORT hair!

And IMO their short hair looked perfectly fine during the hair flips.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, realityjunkie771 said:

I understand the argument that if girls retire then next season they’ll need way too many rookies. Although let’s be real, they don’t have that many upper vets, so it wouldn’t be too hard to convince the current 3rd years and below to stay on, plus I’m sure Maddie would do a 6th season and they could get Tess, Savannah and Rachel to return. They had large rookie classes before, so by going with a vets only squad they’d have maybe a rookie class of 12-13 girls, which had happened before. OR they could balance it out with having 32 next season, which again has happened before. And worst case scenario, they could bring back some all stars to perform thunderstruck if they want to keep the formation and then just have less girls on the sidelines. 

But I definitely don’t get why they’d have a recruitment problem? Pretty much all squads went the vets only route, so I’m assuming there are a lot of talented girls who weren’t able to get on a team this season and they have one year to work on auditioning for dcc. There will be a graduating class too (both HS and college) covid or not, and new graduates are a big percentage of applicants. 

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

Man! The Raiderettes look SHARP! Love their uniforms! And the Dolphin cheerleaders! So many WOC, with their beautiful curls! And SHORT hair!

Their current director is a former Dolphins cheerleader, a WOC, and not a shriveled old prune like Kelli is!

• Like 12
  • Laugh 1

39 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

Man! The Raiderettes look SHARP! Love their uniforms! And the Dolphin cheerleaders! So many WOC, with their beautiful curls! And SHORT hair!

Does Mandy still coach the Raiderettes? They looked GREAT! and the Dolphin cheerleaders, all beautiful, so current with their dancing and having the time of their lives... not stuck in the 80's...

• Like 17

She hasn't changed "Oakland" to "Las Vegas", but according to her LinkedIn profile she is:

image.png.f17788dfd11c44cd2b3745fafce1b8d8.png

• Like 4
  • Useful 3

What a farce those other boards must be with the administrator of Frazie who sounds like he or she cannot take any negativity in their life.  How could they even discuss the three cuts in a positive light oh Hannah is now getting the time to work on her Master’s.  I belong to a very large group that follows a show that really has two rules, no bashing actors & no personal life of actors. It is a huge group that has wielded a lot of power & is looked at by other networks to see how they can develop such fan loyalty.  If you want rehash bad storyline or you think the should recast an actor, no problem as there are other groups you can join.  It is possible to meet all needs of all unlike the one you say this guy Frazie runs. At least we accept all people unlike that group that keeps threatening to block people!

Also on the thought of the slippery deck, why not paint with the product that has grit in it for safety?  I am surprised they didn’t distance the cheerleaders by only sitting people up higher so they can see over the heads of them.  I believe one team eliminate the first 7 rows.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, kalibean said:

The touchdown decks used to have a glossy surface, and it’s been covered. With the flexible sole of the boot (rubberish IIRC,) and a less slick surface, I can’t imagine the deck is all that slippery. I mean...wooden dance floors are slick as can be. So an unfamiliar surface, but good grief, I hope they got some practice time on it. They normally have dress rehearsals, so wonder if they didn’t get that time this year.  

So weird and different, but I would think less weird than the transition from studio to turf. Or carpet to turf if that’s how it worked this year. 

The touchdown decks were re-surfaced with a non-slick, texturized material to prevent falls and other injuries. 

The cheerleaders would not be allowed to perform on the decks if they were still considered a safety hazard. It would be a lawsuit waiting to happen and the Cowboys organization would not want that.

Therefore, any argument that a cheerleader’s dance has been affected by the slick nature of the decks is incorrect. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

53 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

Mandy is doing a wonderful job with the Raiderettes! Dang, I was really impressed.  Too bad Mandy couldn't stay another year with DCC and made that calendar cover lol . Her and Rachel W would be fighting it out for the most beautiful girl on the team.  The natural beauty from the Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders is Shayla. ❤️ A vet. I'm not a dolphin cheer fan but I've liked her ever since she did a wake up to game day video for Allure. She is super sweet and mature. She even shows how she does curls and why it's important to her. 

• Like 15

Just now, MeeMee2 said:

Mandy is doing a wonderful job with the Raiderettes! Dang, I was really impressed.  Too bad Mandy couldn't stay another year with DCC and made that calendar cover lol . Her and Rachel W would be fighting it out for the most beautiful girl on the team.  The natural beauty from the Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders is Shayla. ❤️ A vet. I'm not a dolphin cheer fan but I've liked her ever since she did a wake up to game day video for Allure. She is super sweet and mature. She even shows how she does curls and why it's important to her. 

The only thing I don’t like abt the dolphins cheer team is that they act like they are so Miami I’m like girl get a grip most of them aren’t even from Florida 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7

12 minutes ago, NotaDCCheerleader said:

The cheerleaders would not be allowed to perform on the decks if they were still considered a safety hazard. It would be a lawsuit waiting to happen and the Cowboys organization would not want that.

plus, I'd think that excessive gritty type substance could be dangerous, as it could make your foot "stick" (for lack of a better word) when doing certain moves, like turns.

• Like 1

Well looks like the news leaked. The player Sydney followed to Dallas is expecting another baby and it’s not with her. The new baby is with his son’s mom. There’s no way she didn’t think he was still dealing with her when their first baby is just a toddler. Not only that, the girl is gorgeous. Sydney should’ve known better but she’s young so I can expect her to believe whatever he has told her to keep her around for casual sex. 

• Useful 1
  • Surprise 11
  • Sad 5

3 minutes ago, Itswhatisaid said:

Well looks like the news leaked. The player Sydney followed to Dallas is expecting another baby and it’s not with her. The new baby is with his son’s mom. There’s no way she didn’t think he was still dealing with her when their first baby is just a toddler. Not only that, the girl is gorgeous. Sydney should’ve known better but she’s young so I can expect her to believe whatever he has told her to keep her around for casual sex. 

Were was it leaked at